He is.
他才是
And there’s been no improvement since my last visit?
上次我来后感觉没好点么?
No.
没有
Has James been by at all today, Mother?
今天詹姆斯来过没有 妈妈?
Dr Brighton. May I have a word?
布赖特医生 我能和你谈一下么?
Excuse me a moment.
失陪
You haven’t been keeping him from me, have you?
你没有不让他来吧?
As a matter of fact, I actually hoped he might come.
事实上 我希望他能来
Would have proved me wrong about him.
这样才能证明我对他的看法是错的
Of course, with the success of his play,
当然 由于他的戏剧大获成功
the whole of London must be knocking at his door.
整个伦敦都在敲他的门
I’m sorry, dear.
对不起 亲爱的
What is it? It’s a secret.
怎么了? 这是个秘密
Quiet, Michael. I didn’t say anything.
别说 麦克 我什么都没说啊
Mother, could you come downstairs for a moment?
妈妈 你能下楼待一会么?
Oh, she can’t come downstairs. What are you thinking of, George?
她当然不能下楼 乔治 你在想什么呢?
Actually, I think a trip downstairs might do her good, ma’am.
太太 我想下楼一趟 对她的身体会有好处的
What have you been up to? Just wait and see.
你们准备了什么? 等着看好了
It’s a play.
那是一场戏剧
It’s not just a play, Michael. It’s the play.
那不只是一场戏剧 麦克 那是我们特别的戏
Of course, we’ll have to make do with a few compromises.
当然我们会做一些妥协
Much of it will have to be imagined.
大部分的戏都要靠想象
As it should be. As it should be, that’s right.
应该这样 应该这样 没错
Michael, come and sit here, next to Mum.
麦克 过来坐 坐妈妈边上
When you’re ready.
准备好了
I won’t go to bed. I won’t. I won’t.
我不睡觉 不睡 就不睡
Nana, it isn’t six o’clock yet. Two minutes more. Please.
奶妈 还没到6点呢 再给2分钟 求你了
You know fairies, Peter? Yes.
你认识精灵 彼得? 是的
But they’re nearly all dead now.
但精灵现在都快死光了
You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time,
你听着 当第一个婴儿发出第一声笑的时候
the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about
笑声分成了壹千份 它们四处散去
and that was the beginning of fairies.
那就是精灵的开始
And now when every new baby is born, its first laugh becomes a fairy.
每当一个婴儿出生时 他的第一声笑都会变成一个精灵
So there ought to be one fairy for every boy and girl.
所以每个孩子都应该有一个精灵
Ought to be? Isn’t there? Oh, no.
应该? 难道不是这样么? 不是
Children know such a lot now. Soon, they don’t believe in fairies.
现在的孩子知道的那么多 他们不相信精灵了
And every time a child says, “I don’t believe in fairies,”
每当他们说”我不相信有精灵”的时候
there’s a fairy somewhere that falls down dead.
某个地方就会有个精灵 从空中掉下来死去
Who is that?
是谁?
The redskins were defeated?
红肤人被打败了
Wendy and the boys captured by the pirates?
温迪和男孩子们都被海盗抓住了
I’ll rescue her. I’ll rescue her!
我要去救她 我要去救她
Oh, that’s just my medicine.
哦 那只是我的药
Poisoned? Who could have poisoned it?
有毒? 是谁在我的药里下了毒?
Why, Tink. You’ve drunk my medicine.
为什么? 叮当 你喝了我的药
It was poisoned.
药被下毒了
And you drank it to save my life?
你喝下它来救我的命
Tink.
叮当
Are you dying?
你是不是快死了?
Her light is growing faint.
她的灯越来越昏暗
If it goes out, that means she’s dead.
如果灯灭了 那就意味着她死了
Her voice is so low I can scarcely hear what she’s saying.
她的声音是那么低 我几乎听不到她说什么
She says she thinks she could get well again
她说如果孩子们相信有精灵的话
if children believed in fairies.
她就能好起来
Do you believe in fairies?
你们相信精灵么?
Say quick that you believe.
快点说你们相信啊!
If you believe, clap your hands.
如果你们相信就鼓掌
Clap louder.
大点声
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢! 谢谢!
That is Neverland.
那就是梦幻岛
So many perfect days.
曾和她拥有多么美好的时光
I really began to believe we’d go on like that forever.
我曾认为我们会永远那么幸福
Oh, stop it.
别说了
She wasn’t going to stay with you forever.
她不会永远和你在一起的
She had a husband. My father.
她是有丈夫的 我父亲
She never cared for you the way she did for him.
她对你和对他永远是不一样的
I’m not trying to replace your father, Peter.
彼得 我并没想代替你父亲
I could never do that.
我不会那么做的
You’d best let him go.
你最好让他走
George, would you take the boys back to the house? I’ll be with you in a moment.
乔治 你把孩子们带回家去 我马上就回去
Go on, dear.
走吧 亲爱的
I’m terribly sorry.
我非常抱歉
I’ve ruined everything I’ve touched in this family.
在这个家庭里 每次我触及的东西都会被我毁掉
Stop giving yourself so much credit.
别给自己揽这么多功劳
Peter’s grieving. It has nothing to do with you.
彼得只是很伤心 这和你没关系
Perhaps if I just had a bit more time with him.
可能 只要我和他再多处一段时间…
No, Mr Barrie. That won’t be good enough.
不 贝瑞先生 那不够
If “a bit more time” is all you can provide, you’d better leave him alone.
若你只能提供一点时间的话 你还是让他一个人待着
I know you don’t much care for me, Mrs du Maurier, and I respect that,
我知道您不是很喜欢我 夫人 我也尊重这一点
but I loved your daughter very much.
但是我很爱您的女儿
And I love those boys.
我也喜欢孩子们
And I think they need me right now.
而且我想他们现在需要我
Is that so?
是这样么?
And for how long after?
那你能这么做多长时间呢?
Meaning what?
什么意思?
Sylvia has requested a co-guardianship for the boys in her will.
西维亚提出孩子们的共同监护权
You, Mr Barrie, and myself.
她的遗愿是你 贝瑞先生和我自己来担当
And what do you have to say about that? I shall respect my daughter’s wishes.
您的意思呢? 我会尊重我女儿的意思
Something I should have done more of while she was alive.
这是她在世的时候我该多做的事
But if you feel you’re not ready for such a commitment,
但如果你对这责任还没做好充分的准备
I assure you I can certainly look after the boys by myself.
我可以保证我一个人能照顾好孩子们
Do you think I could abandon those boys?
您认为我能抛弃这些孩子么?
Sit down, Peter.
坐下 彼得
Mother pasted it back together
在我毁了这本书后
after I ruined it.
妈妈又把它粘回去了
And then I saw the play.
我看过那场戏了
I just started writing and I haven’t been able to stop.
我又可以开始写了 我会继续下去的 不会半途而废
She would be very pleased to know that.
她会很高兴知道你这么做的
Listen. I’ve just spoken with your grandmother
听着 我刚才和你祖母说了
and I’m staying.
我会和你们在一起
For good.
永远…
I’m sorry I was so horrible.
对不起 刚才我对你的态度糟透了
Don’t worry.
别放在心上
It’s just…
只是…
I thought she’d always be here.
我想她会永远留在这
So did I.
我也这么想
But, in fact…
而且 事实上…
she is.
她的确在
Because she’s on every page of your imagination.
因为她在你想象空间的每一页里
You’ll always have her there. Always.
她永远在那里 永远…
But why did she have to die?
但她为什么要死呢?
I don’t know, boy.
我不知道 孩子
When I think of your mother…
当我想起你母亲的时候
I will always remember how happy she looked
我总记得她坐在客厅里
sitting there in the parlor,
愉悦的表情
watching a play about her family.
看着关于自己全家人的戏剧
About her boys that never grew up.
里面有她永远长不大的孩子
She went to Neverland.
她去了梦幻岛
And you can visit her any time you like
你什么时候想去看她都行
if you just go there yourself.
如果你自己去梦幻岛的话
How?
怎么去?
By believing, Peter.
只要相信就行 彼得
Just believe.
只要相信
I can see her.
我看见她了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!