I’m not a fool, Uncle James. I deserve to know the truth.
詹姆斯叔叔 我不是傻瓜 我必须知道真♥相♥
I don’t know the truth. She won’t talk about it.
我不知道真♥相♥ 她不肯告诉我
But you think it’s serious?
你认为情况很严重么?
It could be. The doctor felt she should go and have some tests.
有可能 医生说她必须去检查
Then you’ll have to convince her to go then.
那你应该说服她去啊
I’ve tried. She won’t listen to me.
我试过了 她不听
And lately, to be quite honest,
我不该再管你家的事了
it seems that all my best intentions for your family have come to nothing but harm.
我的好意似乎对你们造成了伤害
Apparently I’ve made quite a mess of things.
我把很多事搞砸了
It’s Grandmother, isn’t it? She’s run you off, hasn’t she?
是外婆吗? 她赶你走 是不是?
Oh, she’s absolutely tried with great effort. And perhaps with good reason.
是 她的确想尽办法让我走 而且她有充分的理由
It isn’t you, Uncle Jim. She just…
不是你的错 詹姆斯叔叔 她只是…
She just doesn’t want to see Mother hurt anymore.
她只是不希望妈妈再受到伤害
Look at that.
看那个
How magnificent.
多奇妙啊
The boy’s gone.
男孩不见了
Somewhere during the last 30 seconds, you’ve become a grown-up.
在过去的30秒里 你变成了大人
Right then. I think you should be the one to talk to her, George.
现在我认为 你是和她谈话的最佳人选 乔治
But I wouldn’t know what to say. You’ll do fine. You’ll do just fine.
但是说什么呢? 你会做到的 你会做到的
Mr Barrie, sir. Sorry to interrupt.
贝瑞先生 对不起打扰一下
It’s Nana, he’s expired backstage. What’s happened?
是保姆 他在后台晕过去了 发生什么事?
I think his costume is too tight.
我想是他的服装太紧了
It’s not possible, too tight. George, give me a minute, I’ll be back.
不可能太紧啊 乔治 等我一会儿 我马上回来
Pull that one tight. Here, last one.
紧紧拉住那根 这儿还有最后一根
OK. Flap those wings.
好 展开你的双翼
There you go. Whoa!
好了 哇!
Can I have a go? Yeah, you can have a little go if you want.
我能试试么? 好 你想的话就试试看
Give that a tug. Go on.
拉着这个
Just give it a little pull. Can I have a go?
轻轻地拉 我能试试么?
In a minute. In a minute. Can I have a go?
等一下 我能试试么?
Jack. Pull me higher. I have to concentrate.
杰克 把我提高一点 我必须专心
Stop it now, boys. No, Michael.
停下来 孩子们 不么 麦克
Stop mucking about, boys. Come on now.
现在别捣乱了 孩子们
I want to do it now. No, don’t go down there.
我现在就想玩 不 别去那
What are you?
你在干什么…?
Oh, no. Oh, no, I’m sorry.
哦 对不起
I’m so sorry. George?
真对不起 乔治
Mr Barrie?
贝瑞先生
Mrs Davies would like a word with you.
戴维斯女士想和你谈谈
No, just Mr Barrie.
不 只有贝瑞先生
Did you encourage this? Encourage what?
是你鼓励他们这么做的么? 做什么?
Oh, James, please. You know perfectly well what.
哦 詹姆斯 你当然知道我指的是什么
George won’t allow them to set his arm unless I submit to an examination.
要是我不接受检查 乔治就不愿治疗他的手
I see. Well, I suppose you’ll have to then,
我明白了 那我想你必须接受检查
because he’s quite a stubborn young man when he sets his mind to it.
因为一旦下了决心 他可是一个非常顽固的年轻人
This is absurd. They won’t tell me anything different.
这可真荒谬 接受检查不会让我的情况有任何改变的
Different?
改变?
So you’ve already spoken to a doctor then?
你是不是已经看过医生了?
That is not your concern.
那不关你的事
My understanding is that my condition may be quite serious.
我明白我的情况可能是相当严重的
However…my wish is that life should go on as normal.
但是 我希望生活能一切照旧
So,
所以
I’ll have the examination,
我接受检查
and I’ll take whatever medications they advise.
按医嘱服药
But I don’t want to know what they’re for.
但我不想知道我是为什么吃药的
And I don’t want you inquiring into it any further.
我也不希望你继续探究下去
Wouldn’t dream of it.
我没想到是这样
Mary?
玛丽
Mary?
玛丽
Peter, could you help George to fold a pocket handkerchief, please?
彼得 你能帮乔治叠一下手帕么?
They’re in the linen cupboard. Darling? Yes, Mother.
它们在放布匹的橱柜里 亲爱的 好的 妈妈
Jack, how do you manage to always come untucked?
杰克 你怎么总是没准备好就走
Would you check your shirt-tails in the intermission, please?
你能不能在幕间休息的时候检查一下衬摆?
Yes, Mother.
好的 妈妈
You’re not planning on attending any after-theater events, are you?
你不是想去参加散场后的活动吧?
Only for a short time if we do. The tickets!
就去一会 如果去的话 戏票!
With the children? George!
孩子们也去么? 乔治!
Um, possibly. Would you see if George has the tickets, please?
可能也去 你能看看乔治拿好票了么?
I’ll just check the dressing table. Sylvia, there’s a…
我去看看梳妆台那有没有 西维亚…
Mother, please see if George has the tickets. Michael, where are your socks?
妈妈 你去看看乔治拿好票了么 麦克 你的袜子在哪
Wait here, don’t move.
在这 等一下 别动
Take her feet, George.
扶一下她的脚 乔治
We’ll need some more blankets.
我们还需要毯子
Oh, take Michael with you, would you?
把麦克带走 好么?
She looks much worse than when we were at the cottage.
这次妈妈病的比上次在小村里更严重
Sh, Michael.
嘘 麦克
Those 25 seats, has anyone shown up? No, sir. Not yet.
那25个座位 还没人来么? 不 没有 先生
Precisely. Have there been many people asking for seats?
好 是不是有很多人想买♥♥了?
Yes, sir. Charles.
是的 先生 查尔斯
I suggest you start selling them. Yes, James?
我希望你现在就开始卖♥♥ 詹姆斯?
Have you seen any of the Davies family yet this evening?
你今天晚上见过戴维斯一家么?
The 25 seats, are they filled?
那25个座位有人坐么?
It’s taken care of. Yes. Yes.
我已经安排好了 是的 是的
Who did you invite? Because obviously whoever you invited decided not to come.
你到底请了谁? 明显的是你请的人不打算来了
The seats will be filled, I promise. Yes. You’ve been promising me all…
我向你保证这些座位会有人坐的 你已经向我保证过了
Charles? Hello, Mr Stanley.
查尔斯 你好 斯坦利先生
Have you seen the Davies family this evening?
你今天晚上见过戴维斯一家么?
No, sir.
不 先生
Jack has gone to get Dr Brighton. Oh, no, Mother. I don’t need a doctor.
杰克去找布赖特医生了 妈妈 我不需要医生
Yes, you do, dear.
你需要
I think I’ll get some camomile to help you relax.
我去拿些甘菊让你镇静一下
Peter will be here if you need anything.
如果你需要什么 皮特会在这帮你
Peter.
彼得
Peter.
彼得
Can I do anything, Mother?
我能为你做些什么么 妈妈?
No, darling.
不 亲爱的
You must go to the play.
你应该去看戏
I can’t do that. Yes, you can.
我不能 你能
I need you to.
我需要你去
I need you to come back tonight and tell me every bit of it.
我要你回来 告诉我关于这场戏的每个细节
Please.
求求你
It’s only a play, Mother.
那只是一场戏 妈妈
It doesn’t matter.
它不重要
What do you want?
你想要什么?
Take it out.
把它拿出来
Open it.
打开
I’ve never been so proud of you.
我从来没为你感到如此骄傲
Last call, please, ladies and gentlemen. Last call.
最后一次了 女士先生们 最后一次
Yes, yes, yes. It’s all right. They know.
是的 是的 没事了
We had time to sell those 25 seats. The play’s starting.
我们本来还有时间把那25张票卖♥♥出去的 戏开场了
Charles. What?
查尔斯 什么事?
They’re here. Who’s here?
他们来了 谁来了?
Do forgive them being a bit late – short legs, long walk from the orphanage.
原谅他们来得迟了一些 他们从孤儿院走过来是很远的
I’m not clear what they’re doing here.
我不知道他们来干什么
They’ve come to see the play. Mmhm.
他们是来看戏的
That’s the 25 seats. Mm.
就是那25张票
25 seats given to orphans. Right. Now my nightmare is complete.
25个座位留给孤儿 好 现在我的噩梦完整了
You can start your play now.
你可以开始你的戏剧了
Your play.
你的戏剧
Get them in the scattered seats.
让他们作到分散的座位上去
Just there, boys.
就是那 孩子们
Excuse me, sir. This way.
对不起先生 这边
Thank you.
谢谢
Looks like we got one of the better-dressed ones.
我们边上是个打扮不错的孤儿
I just want you to know, I think you’re a wonderful dog.
我只想让你知道 你是一只无与伦比的狗
Thanks.
谢谢
I won’t go to bed. I won’t. I won’t.
我不睡觉 不睡 就不睡
Nana, it isn’t six o’clock yet.
奶妈 还没到6点呢
Two minutes more.
再给2分钟
Please. One minute more.
求求你 再给1分钟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!