Katy…
凯蒂…
I forgot to keep those promises…
我忘了实现那些诺言…
…and I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
Do you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗?
I’ll tell you every day how proud I am of you
我会每天告诉你我有多骄傲
and how proud I am that you’re my daughter.
我多么骄傲你是我的女儿
Just stay with me…
只要你留在我身边…
please.
求求你
Daddy.
爸爸
Her fever’s broke.
她的烧退了
I want to see Flicka.
我想看弗莉卡
No, it’s okay, sweetheart.
没关系 甜心
Oh, babe…
噢 宝贝…
Katy, can you come downstairs for a minute?
凯蒂你能下楼来一下吗?
It’s my fault Flicka’s dead.
都是因为我弗莉卡才会死
I don’t think so.
我不这么认为
Come on outside.
出来外面
Flicka!
弗莉卡
Baby!
宝贝
You’re alive.
你还活着
It’s going to be okay now, okay?
一切都会没事的 好吗?
Aw…
嗷…
Your mother’s been taking good care of her…
你妈妈一直在好好照顾她…
but when you’re better,
但你病好后…
I expect you to take care of her yourself.
我希望你能自己照顾她
But you said if I don’t get back into school…
但你说如果我不回学校…
Yes, that’s what I said, and I meant it.
是的 我是说过 我也是认真的
So Dad sent them your essay.
所以爸把你的短文寄给了他们
I told them I didn’t know much about writing,
我说虽然我不懂写作
but I sure as heck know about the West.
但是我对西部了如指掌
So does my daughter,
我女儿也是
and it’s right there in her essay…
从她的短文里…
every opinionated,
极有主见地…固执地…热血地
ornery, hot-blooded part of it.
字字句句都可以感受得到
What did they say?
他们说什么
What does anyone say to your father?
大家都怎么跟你♥爸♥爸说话的?
“Yes, sir.”
“是的 先生”
I love you, Daddy.
我爱你 爸爸
I love you, sweetie.
我爱你 甜心
I believe there is a force
我相信世界上有一股力量
in this world that lives beneath the surface…
存在于体内深处…
something primitive and wild that awakens
一股原始 狂野的力量
when you need an extra push just to survive…
在你需要被推一把时会苏醒过来
…like wildflowers that bloom
就像被火烧焦后的森林
after a fire turns the forest black.
野花总是开得特别茂盛
Most people are afraid of it
大多数人害怕这股力量
and keep it buried deep inside themselves.
所以总将它继续埋在体内
But there will always be a few people
但总是有少数几个人
who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us.
能够勇敢地拥抱我们体内未被驯服的本性
One of those men…
其中一个人…
…is my father.
就是我的父亲
There was once a time
在过去
when Americans came west to discover their destiny.
美国人来到西部寻找他们的命运
Today, they seem to move around every which where,
现在 他们四处流动
restless and unsettled…
从不休息 也不定居
but I think they’re still looking for the same thing…
但我想他们还是在寻找一样的东西
a place where they can be optimistic about the future,
一个他们可以看到光明未来的地方
a place that helps them to be who they really want to be…
一个可以让他们做真实的自己的地方…
…where they can feel that this life makes sense…
一个可以让他们觉得人生有意义的地方…
…a place where they can feel
一个可以让他们感觉到
what I feel when I am riding Flicka.
如同我骑着弗莉卡时一样的感觉的地方
‘Cause when we’re riding, all I feel…
因为当我骑着她时 我只感觉到…
…is free.
自♥由♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!