Please! Let’s move it.
求求你 我们走
Gus!
格斯
Flicka!
弗莉卡
No!
不要
Stop! Stop!
不要 不要
The stories we hear
我们所听过有关西部
about how the West was won are all lies.
是如何赢来的故事都是骗人的
The history of the West was written by the horse.
西部的历史是马儿写出来的
Wherever a settler left his footprint,
殖民者留下足印的地方
there was a hoofprint beside it.
旁边一定会有个马蹄印
Men came further and further west to stake their claim
人们一直一直地西进 在广大的美国荒野
in the great American wilderness.
占下属于自己的土地
But they encountered a strength that couldn’t be tamed.
但他们遇上了一股他们无法驯服的强大力量
Wild horses.
野马
Mustangs.
北美洲野马
The settlers called them parasites
殖民者称它们为寄生虫
that would strip the land and starve their own herds.
因为它们占据了土地 使得畜群们挨饿
They couldn’t domesticate them, so they destroyed them.
殖民者无法驯服它们做为家用 所以他们猎杀了它们
Isolated and hungry, they were on their way
孤立与饥饿中的它们
to disappearing from the face of the earth.
一步步地走向绝种的结局
Sometimes when the light disappears,
有时候当光线消失时
an afterimage remains,
眼里会留下残影
just for a moment.
只有短短的一瞬间
Mustangs are an afterimage of the West,
北美州野马就是西部留下的残影
no better than ghosts, hardly there at all.
它们的存在形同鬼魅 虚无飘缈
No one really wants them,
没人想要它们
not ranchers, not city people.
蓄牧人不要 城市人不要
That’s their destiny.
那就是他们的命运
Let them disappear once and for all,
让它们从此消失吧
along with all the other misfits, loners
跟随着那些人们已经不在乎的…
and relics of a wilderness no one cares about anymore.
荒野中的不合群者 孤僻者 以及废墟消失吧
Lucky for us, a few mustangs survived,
幸运的是 少数的野马残活下来
hidden away in the mountains.
隐居在深山里
We need to protect them,
我们需要保护它们
for they are the hope for some kind ofliving memory
因为它们让遥远记忆中的美国
of what the promise of America used to be…
再重现带来了…
and could be again.
一丝希望
Whoa.

Don’t say anything.
什么都别说
Just get on.
上来吧
Come on.

When the kids were little, I’d tuck ’em in
孩子还小的时候 我让他们睡觉时
and say, ” I’ll love you till the mountains tumble down.”
都会说”我会爱你直到山塌下来”
Right now, I feel like
现在我觉得
they could blow away at any second.
山好像随时就会塌下来了
Before Dad died,
爸爸死前
he asked me if I wanted to sell the ranch and…
问我想不想卖♥♥了农场
take the money.
换取金钱
I said, ” Over my dead body.
我说”死都不会…
No way, no how.”
想都别想”
I thought that’s what he wanted me to say.
我以为那是他想听到的
But, no, he… he seemed almost disappointed.
但不是…他… 他看起来好像很失望
He… he said he felt like that he was giving me
他…他说他觉得好像他留给我的
something that didn’t make any sense anymore.
只是一些不再有意义的东西
Maybe he’s right.
也许他是对的
But then I… I see these kids,
但是我…我看到这些小孩
they’re hanging out in the mall,
他们整天混购物中心
they’re sullen, they’re lazy.
他们乖戾 他们懒惰
Got no ambition, got no dreams.
没有野心 没有梦想
This is the only way that I know
这是我唯一知道怎么拯救
how to save our children.
我们后代的方法
Honey, Howard doesn’t need saving.
亲爱的 霍华德不需要被拯救
He’ll be fine wherever he goes.
他到哪里都会好好的
But Katy, honey, we could lose her.
但凯蒂 亲爱的 我们可能会失去她
She’s… smart and she’s strong, but she can’t survive out there.
她很…聪明也很强壮 但她无法在外面生存
Our daughter lives in a fantasyland.
我们的女儿住在梦幻世界里
So do you.
你也是
Look at you, sitting on top of cowboy mountain
看看你 坐在牛仔山的顶峰
looking down at the world passing by.
看着世事来来去去
When are you gonna look at your daughter
你什么时候才会看着你女儿
and realize that she’s you?
然后了解其实她就是你?
And that’s why I love her so much.
那就是为何我那么爱她
They want to go to the rodeo, you know?
他们想去马术竞赛会 你知道吗?
She wants to see Flicka.
她想去看弗莉卡
Yeah.

They expect me to say no.
他们估计我会拒绝
Yep.

I bet I’d really blow their minds if I said yes.
我打赌我答应的话会吓死他们
Then they’d see how diabolical I can really be.
他们就会了解我有多邪恶了
You are such a bad boy.
你真是个坏男孩
I love it.
我爱死了
Race me back?
比谁先到家?
Let’s go. Come on.

Come on, Belle.
走 柏勒
Last one back’s naked first.
最后回来的先脱衣服
Hyah!

I’m gonna win!
我会赢的
Yeah, right!
想得美
Gotcha!
抓到你了
Want to go swimming?
想去游泳吗?
No, thanks.
不了
It’s a thousand degrees in here.
这里一千度呢
I’m busy.
我很忙
You really want to go swimming.
其实你真的想去游泳的
What’s he gonna say?
他会怎么说?
Well, that’s his problem.
那是他的问题
I’m gonna go see if the coast is clear.
我看看是否溜得出去
Mom!

Nobody’s home.
没人在家
Let’s go.
走吧
Are you sure about this?
你确定吗?
Hey, we’ll be back before anybody even knows.
嘿 我们会在别人发现前回来的
Come on.
走吧
I’m hot. Are you hot?
我好热 你热吗?
Oh, yeah.
热呀
Oh, yeah!
热吧
Miranda?
米兰达?
Close your eyes, cowgirl!
闭起你的眼睛 女牛仔
What’s going on?
怎么了?
Well, somebody tell me.
告诉我吧
Miranda saw Flicka.
米兰达看到弗莉卡
Where?
在哪里?
At the fairgrounds when I was practicing the course.
在我练习比赛的园游会场
How did she look?
她看起来怎样?
What?
什么?
I’ve never, ever
我从有生以来
been scared around horses, not in my entire life,
从没怕过马
but those horses that she was with…
但那些跟她在一起的马儿们…
What? Don’t stop. Tell me.
怎样?别停 告诉我
You’d really have to work hard to make horses that angry.
必须要花很大的功夫 才能让那些马那么生气
Listen, I’m sorry, Katy.
我很抱歉 凯蒂
I just thought you’d want to hear.
我只是以为你想知道
The cowboys in that race are crazy.
那场比赛的牛仔们都疯了
But they say the purse is over $8,000.
可是他们说奖金超过8000元
Oh, money’s no good if you’re dead.
如果你没先死掉的话那是笔不小的钱
I can win that race.
我可以赢那场比赛
My demented sister is even more demented than I thought.
我那疯狂的妹妹比我想像的还疯狂
Riders get to choose their horses, right?
骑师可以选择自己的马 对吧?
Yeah.

I choose Flicka, I win.
我选弗莉卡 我就赢了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!