追随
唐恩都乐
纯红乐队 英国最成功的灵歌♥风格流行乐队
佛利伍麦克 60年代英籍蓝调摇滚合唱团
巴克莱[英国银行]信♥用♥卡♥
以下是我的解释
The following is my explanation,
或是说对事实的陈述
more of an account of what happened.
我独自生活了好一阵子
I’d been on my own for a while,
感到日益孤单
and getting kind of lonely
无聊
and bored.
一天到晚 无所事事
Nothing, still, all day.
于是我开始尾随
And that’s when I started shadowing.
“尾随”
“Shadowing?”
尾随 就是跟踪 我开始跟踪别人
Shadowing. Following. I started to follow people.
-跟踪谁 -起初是随便挑的
– Who? -Anyone at first.
跟踪就是得找路人
I mean, that was the whole point, somebody at random,
任意的一个人 完全陌生的人
somebody who didn’t know who I was.
然后呢
And then?
-然后什么都不做 -“什么都不做”
– And then nothing. – “Nothing?”
什么都不做 就是看看他们去了哪
Nothing. I’d just see where they went,
干了什么 然后回家
what they did and go home afterwards.
为什么这么做
Why’d you do it?
看看他们去了哪
To see where they went.
无论是谁 就是…
Anyone… I mean…
怎么说呢 你有没有过
How can I explain? You ever,
去体育场看球 却不看比赛
been to a football match just to let your eyes rise
只是漫无目的地扫视观众
and go over… drift across a crowd of people,
然后某个人就会吸引你的注意
and then slowly start to fix on one person?
突然间
And all of a sudden
他就不再属于人群了
that person isn’t part of the crowd anymore.
而成了独特的个人 就是那一瞬间
They’ve become an individual, just like that.
这种感觉 让我无法抗拒
This became irresistible.
所以你跟踪女人
So you followed women?
不 我不特意跟踪女人
No, I didn’t follow women.
这无关欲望 谁我都会跟踪
It wasn’t a sex thing. I followed anybody.
我就想知道他们去哪 做了什么而已
I just wanted to see where they went, what they did.
你是在玩间谍游戏吗
You were playing secret agent?
不 我是作家 至少我想当作家
No, I’m a writer. I want to be a writer anyway.
我是在为塑造人物搜集素材
I was, gathering material for my characters.
至少最初是这样
Well, to begin with.
过了一阵 我意识到了风险
After a while I, spotted the dangers.
我会上瘾 我得立规矩约束自己
I’d become hooked. I had to start making up rules to,
控制住这嗜好
just try and keep it under control.
比如 不能长时间跟踪同一个人
Never follow people for too long.
不要半夜在胡同里跟踪女人
Don’t follow women down dark alleys after dark.
之类的规矩
You know, stuff like that.
跟踪的目标 应该完全是任意的
It was supposed to just be completely random.
而当这一条被打破
And when it stopped being random,
就开始出问题了
that’s when it started to go wrong.
当我开始有意地跟踪一些人的时候
When I started to follow people– specific people,
当我开始选择特定目标的时候
when I selected a person to follow,
麻烦就来了
that’s when the trouble started.
我对人特别有兴趣
Other people are interesting to me.
你有没有在公交上或者地铁里
Have you never listened to other people’s
留心过别人的对话
conversations on the bus or on the tube?
觉得街上的某个人看起来
Seen people… seen somebody on the street
很有意思
that looks interesting or
或者举止奇特什么的
is behaving slightly oddly or something like that?
你就想知道他们怎么生活 怎么工作的
Wondered what their lives involved, what they do,
来自何处 去向何方
where they come from, where they go to?
当你观察一个人的行为举止
You watch somebody’s behavior,
脑中就会闪过无数问题
and it raises a hundred thousand questions,
我想去问这些问题
and I wanted to ask those questions,
我想知道答案
and I wanted to know what the answers were,
于是我就跟踪他们 寻找答案
and so I’d follow people to try and find out.
最重要的一条规矩是
Most important rule was
即使对一个人
that even if I found out
住哪 在哪工作了如指掌
where somebody worked or where they lived,
也不能再跟踪同一个人
then you’d never follow the same person twice.
这是最重要的规矩
That was the most important rule.
也是我最先违背的一条
That was the one that I broke first.
-请问点什么 -咖啡 谢谢
– Yes? – Coffee, please.
现在是午餐时间
Come on. It’s lunch.
那就来个奶酪吐司三明治
Toasted cheese sandwich is fine.
这儿有人吗
Mind if I join you?
没有
No.
我是谁
Who am I?
我要杯黑咖啡 然后…
Yeah, I’ll have a black coffee, please, and…
不用
Nothing.
再加一杯黑咖啡
Another coffee, black.
你显然不是警♥察♥
You’re obviously not a policeman,
那你是谁 为什么要跟踪我
so who are you, and why are you following me?
抱歉 我不知道你在说什么
I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
别给我装傻 你到底是谁
Don’t piss me about. Who the fuck are you?
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
要糖吗
Sugar?
我没…我不是跟踪你 我…
No, I wasn’t– I wasn’t following you. I-I
我看见你背着包
I saw you with your bag.
觉得你挺有意思的
I just thought you looked interesting.
-你是同性恋 -不 不是
– What are you, a faggot? – No, no.
不 我…其实是
No, I– To tell you the truth,
我把你看成过去的同学了
I thought you were this guy that I was at school with.
我看见你走进来
I saw you walk in here,
就跟进来看看是不是他
so I followed you in just to see if it was him.
-我看错了 -刚看见时为什么不问
– But it wasn’t. – Why didn’t you ask me when you saw me?
因为如果看错了会很尴尬
‘Cause I’d have been embarrassed if it wasn’t the person.
总不会比现在更尴尬吧
Not as embarrassed as you are now.
大概吧
No, I suppose not.
-你叫什么 -比尔
– What’s your name? – Bill.
比尔 你是干什么的
Well, Bill, what do you do?
其实我…
Actually, I’m kind of…
还在找工作 是吧
Between jobs right now, yeah?
-对 是这样 -那你想做什么
– Yeah, that’s right. – What would you do?
-不知道 -得了比尔 别这么腼腆
– Don’t know. – Come on, Bill, don’t be coy.
你是有点野心的 不是吗
There’s some burning ambition inside you, isn’t there?
-怀才不遇的艺术家 对吧 -不是
– Something of a starving artist in you, no? – No.
-你是画家 -不是
– You’re a painter. – No.
-摄影师 -不是
– Photos? – No.
-作家 -也不是
– Writer? – No.
-是作家吧 -不是
– Writer, eh? – No.
-但你写东西 -写的不多
– But you write? – Not much.
-时不时写写 -是 谁不写
– But sometimes? – Sometimes. Who doesn’t?
我就不写
Me.
所以你是个作家
So you’re a writer.
我可没这么说
I didn’t say that.
凭什么断定我是作家
What makes you think I’m a writer anyway?
二十出头的无业游民
An unemployed twenty-something
都幻想自己是作家
fancies himself a writer.
迫不及待地奔向未知
A real leap into the unknown.
我不是作家
Well, I’m not a writer.
-可你对人感兴趣 -是
– But you’re interested in people. – Yeah.
-对我感兴趣 -或许吧
– This person? – Perhaps.
你都不问我叫什么
You haven’t even asked me my name yet.
-你叫什么 -也不问我包里什么东西
– What’s your name? – Or what’s in my bag.
-什么包 -我的包
– What bag? – My bag.
你盯着看了一上午的包
The one you’ve been looking at all morning.
你叫什么 包里有什么东西
What’s your name, and what’s in your bag?
我叫科布
My name’s Cobb.
你自己看吧
Take a look for yourself.
你以为是什么 毒品吗
What were you expecting, drugs?
你偷这些旧碟片干什么
Why’d you nick their old CDs?
到手容易 脱手也快 来无影去无踪
Easy to grab a load, easy to sell, totally untraceable.
别的就没这么好办了

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章乔乔的异想世界
下一篇文章巴比龙
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!