我们之后又采购了许多船只
We got a whole bunch of boats,
12艘珍妮号♥ 还有个老旧的大仓库
12 Jennys, a big old warehouse.
我们还专门定做了印有”巴巴甘”品牌名的帽子
We even have hats that say “Bubba-Gump” on them.
巴巴甘虾业 家喻户晓
Bubba-Gump Shrimp. It’s a household name.
等等 小伙子
Hold on there, boy.
你是在告诉我
Are you telling me
你就是巴巴甘虾业的老板吗
you’re the owner of the Bubba-Gump Shrimp Corporation?
没错 我们挣的钱比大卫·克洛科特还多
Yes, sir. We got more money than Davy Crockett.
天呐 我这辈子没少听人吹牛
Boy, I heard some whoppers in my time,
但你这绝对是最扯的
but that tops them all.
我们竟然和百万富翁坐一张凳子上了
We was sitting next to a millionaire.
我觉得你的故事非常精彩
Well, I thought it was a very lovely story,
你讲得很生动 激♥情♥澎湃的
and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm.
你想看看丹中尉长什么样吗
Would you like to see what Lieutenant Dan looks like?
好啊
Well, yes, I would.
那就是他
That’s him right there.
我跟你说啊 丹中尉这个人…
And let me tell you something about Lieutenant Dan…
弗里斯特
Forrest,
我从未感谢你救了我一命
I never thanked you for saving my life.
他的确从未开口谢过我
He never actually said so,
但我觉得他已经和上帝重归于好了
but I think he made his peace with God.
这是17天以来的第二次
For the second time in 17 days,
福特总统今天逃过了一起潜在的暗♥杀♥行动
President Ford escaped possible assassination today.
总部呼叫珍妮一号♥
Base to Jenny 1.
总部呼叫珍妮一号♥
Base to Jenny 1.
这里是珍妮一号♥ 请说 玛格
Jenny 1. Go, Margo.
有人来电找弗里斯特
Forrest has a phone call.
是吗 跟那个人说回头再打过来
Yeah, well, you’ll have to tell them to call him back.
-他现在没空 -他妈妈病了
– He is indisposed at the moment. – His mama’s sick.
-妈妈在哪儿 -在楼上
– Where’s Mama? – She’s upstairs.
嗨 弗里斯特
Hi, Forrest.
-我明天再来 -好的
– I’ll see you tomorrow. – All right.
现在能站得笔直的了啊 小伙子
We sure got you straightened out, didn’t we, boy?
你怎么了 妈妈
What’s the matter, Mama?
我快要死了 弗里斯特
I’m dying, Forrest.
快进来 坐这里
Come on in, sit down over here.
你为什么快要死了 妈妈
Why are you dying, Mama?
我的时候到了
It’s my time.
就是时候到了
It’s just my time.
好了
Now,
不要害怕 亲爱的
don’t you be afraid, sweetheart.
死亡只是人生的一部分
Death is just a part of life,
人终有一死
something we’re all destined to do.
我以前不知道 但我注定要做你的妈妈
I didn’t know it, but I was destined to be your mama.
-我也尽了全力 -你做得很好 妈妈
– I did the best I could. – You did good, Mama.
我相信一个人的命运该由自己创造
I happen to believe you make your own destiny.
你要好好利用上帝赋予你的一切
You have to do the best with what God gave you.
我的命运是什么 妈妈
What’s my destiny, Mama?
这就得由你自己慢慢领悟了
You’re going to have to figure that out for yourself.
生活就像一盒巧克力 弗里斯特
Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest.
你永远不知道你将得到什么
You never know what you’re going to get.
妈妈总是有办法把事情解释得
Mama always had a way of explaining things
让我也能听懂
so I could understand them.
我会想你的 弗里斯特
I will miss you, Forrest.
她患了癌症 然后在一个礼拜二去世
She had got the cancer and died on a Tuesday.
我给她买♥♥了一顶碎花帽子
I bought her a new hat with little flowers on it.
关于这事 我要说的就这么多
And that’s all I have to say about that.
你不是说你在等7路公交车吗
Didn’t you say you were waiting for the number seven bus?
没关系 下一班很快就到
There’ll be another one along shortly.
因为我当过橄榄球明星 战争英雄
Now, because I had been a football star, and a war hero,
全国名人 捕虾船船长
and a national celebrity, and a shrimping boat captain,
以及大学生
and a college graduate,
阿♥拉♥巴马州绿弓县的市议员们
the city fathers of Greenbow, Alabama
一同商量后 决定给我一份好工作
decided to get together and offered me a fine job.
于是 我没再回去给丹中尉工作了
So, I never went back to work for Lieutenant Dan,
不过他确实在好好帮我理财
though he did take care of my Bubba-Gump money.
他给我投资了一家水果公♥司♥
He got me invested in some kind of fruit company.
后来 他打电♥话♥告诉我说
And so then, I got a call from him saying
我们再也不用操心没钱用了
we don’t have to worry about money no more,
我回答说 “挺好的 少个烦心事”
and I said, “That’s good. One less thing.”
我妈妈常说一个人不需要太多财富
Now, Mama said there’s only so much fortune a man really needs,
多出来的只是为了显摆
and the rest is just for showing off.
所以我就把一大笔钱捐给了正方福音教堂
So, I gave a whole bunch of it to the Foursquare gospel church,
我还捐了一大笔钱给拜尤拉巴特里渔业医院
and I gave a whole bunch to the Bayou La Batre Fishing Hospital.
虽然巴巴不在了
And even though Bubba was dead
丹中尉说我这么做简直是疯了
and Lieutenant Dan said I was nuts,
我把巴巴的股份转给了他妈妈
I gave Bubba’s mama Bubba’s share.
你猜怎么着
You know what?
她再也不用给别人家当佣人了
She didn’t have to work in nobody’s kitchen no more.
好香啊
That smells wonderful.
因为我有用不完的钱 而且非常喜欢这一行
And ’cause I was a gazillionaire and I liked doing it so much,
我都是免费除草的
I cut that grass for free.
但每当夜晚来临 无所事事
But at night time when there was nothing to do
家里空荡荡的时候
and the house was all empty,
我总会想起珍妮
I’d always think of Jenny.
后来有一天 她回来了
And then, she was there.
你好 弗里斯特
Hello, Forrest.
你好 珍妮
Hello, Jenny.
珍妮回来后 跟我住在一起
Jenny came back and stayed with me.
也有可能是她无处可去了吧
Maybe it was because she had nowhere else to go,
也有可能是她筋疲力尽了
or maybe it was because she was so tired,
因为她睡了好久好久
’cause she went to bed and slept and slept,
就跟好几年没睡过觉似的
like she hadn’t slept in years.
她能回家我真的很开心
It was wonderful having her home.
我们每天都会出门散步
Every day we’d take a walk
我就像树上的猴子一样喋喋不休
and I’d jabber on like a monkey in a tree,
她静静地听我说着关于打乒乓球 捕虾
and she’d listen about Ping-Ponging, and shrimping,
还有妈妈去天堂的各种经历
and Mama making a trip up to heaven.
都是我一个人在说
I did all the talking.
珍妮大多数时候都一言不发
Jenny most of the time was real quiet.
你怎么能这样对我
How could you do this?
有时我觉得 石头都不够她砸的
Sometimes I guess there just aren’t enough rocks.
我从没搞懂过她为什么回来
I never really knew why she came back,
不过我也不在乎
but I didn’t care.
一切就像回到了从前
It was like olden times.
我们又变得形影不离了
We was like peas and carrots again.
我每天都会摘下鲜花
Every day, I’d pick pretty flowers
装点她的房♥间
and put them in her room for her,
她也送了我一件
and she gave me the best gift
全世界最好的礼物
anyone could ever get in the wide world.
-一双新鞋 -这是专业跑步鞋
– New shoes. – They make them just for running.
她还教我怎么跳舞
And she even showed me how to dance.
珍妮和我 就像一家人一样
And, well, we was like family, Jenny and me.
那是我人生中最幸福的时光
And it was the happiest time in my life.
今年的独♥立♥日
…and this Fourth is witnessing
举办了全国最为盛大的焰火晚会
one of the largest fireworks displays in the nation’s…
-你看完了吗 -就在纽约港
– You done watching it? – …here in New York Harbor…
我要上♥床♥睡觉了
I’m going to bed.
自♥由♥女神像…
The Statue of Liberty…
嫁给我好吗
Will you marry me?
我会是个好丈夫的 珍妮
I’d make a good husband, Jenny.
你一定是 弗里斯特
You would, Forrest.
但你不愿意嫁给我
But you won’t marry me.
你不会想娶我的
You don’t want to marry me.
你为什么不爱我 珍妮
Why don’t you love me, Jenny?
我虽然不够聪明
I’m not a smart man,
但我知道什么是爱
but I know what love is.
珍妮
Jenny.
弗里斯特 我是爱你的
Forrest, I do love you.
你这是要逃去哪儿
Where are you running off to?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!