弗里斯特 你在这干什么
Forrest, what are you doing here?
你要干什么
What are you doing?
-拜托 -你要干什么
– Come on. – What are you doing?
弗里斯特 放下我
Forrest, let me down!
你不能一直这样做 弗里斯特
You can’t keep doing this, Forrest.
你不能一直试图来拯救我
You can’t keep trying to rescue me all the time.
-他们刚刚想摸你 -很多人都想摸我
– They was trying to grab you. – A lot of people try to grab me.
但…你不能一直这样做
Just… You can’t keep doing this all the time.
我控制不了
I can’t help it.
我爱你
I love you.
弗里斯特 你根本不知道什么是爱
Forrest, you don’t know what love is.
你还记得那次我们祷告吗 弗里斯特
You remember that time we prayed, Forrest?
我们向上帝祷告 希望祂能把我变成一只鸟
We prayed for God to turn me into a bird
这样我就可以飞走了 飞得远远的
so I could fly far, far away?
是的 我记得
Yes, I do.
你觉得我能飞下这座大桥吗
You think I could fly off this bridge?
你什么意思 珍妮
What do you mean, Jenny?
没什么
Nothing.
我必须离开这里
I gotta get out of here.
等等 珍妮
Wait, Jenny…
弗里斯特 你离我远点 好吗
Forrest, you stay away from me, okay?
求你离我远点
You just stay away from me, please.
能搭个顺风车吗
Can I have a ride?
-你要去哪儿 -随便
– Where you going? – I don’t care.
上车吧
Get in the truck.
再见 珍妮
So, bye-bye, Jenny.
他们要派我去越南
They sending me to Vietnam.
那是另外一个国家
It’s this whole other country.
稍等一下
Just hang on a minute.
听着 你要向我保证一件事 好吗
Listen, you promise me something, okay?
万一你碰到危险 不要逞强
Just, if you’re ever in trouble, don’t try to be brave.
你只管跑 好吗
You just run, okay?
跑得远远的
Just run away.
好的
Okay.
珍妮
Jenny.
我会一直给你写信的
I’ll write you all the time.
就那样 她上车走了
And just like that, she was gone.
你一定要平安回来 听见了吗
You come back safe to me, do you hear?
他们告诉我们在越南和在美国服役相比
Now, they told us that Vietnam was gonna be very different
将会完全不一样
from the United States of America.
但除了成箱的啤酒和野外烧烤外 的确如此
And except for all the beer cans and the barbecue, it was.
我猜这片水域里一定有虾
I bet there’s shrimp all in these waters.
他们跟我说这些越南人都很会捕虾
They tell me these Vietnams is good shrimpers.
等我们打赢了仗 我们就能接管一切
You know, after we win this war, and we take over everything,
我们就能让美国的捕虾者
we can get American shrimpers
来到这里 在这片水域里捕虾
to come out here and shrimp these waters.
我们只要一直捕虾就好了
We’ll just shrimp all the time, man.
很多很多的虾
So much shrimp.
你们一定是我的新兵吧
You must be my FNGs.
-早安 长官 -早安 长官
– Morning, sir! – Morning, sir!
把手放下 别向我行礼
Get your hands down! Do not salute me.
这附近有很多该死的狙击手
There’s goddamn snipers all around this area
最喜欢射杀军官
who would love to grease an officer.
我是丹·泰勒中尉 欢迎来到四排
I’m Lieutenant Dan Taylor. Welcome to Fourth Platoon.
你的嘴唇怎么了
What’s wrong with your lip?
我天生嘴唇厚 长官
I was born with big gums, sir.
好吧 那你最好把嘴唇吸回去
Yeah, well, you better tuck that in.
不然容易碰到地雷线
Gonna get that caught on a trip wire.
你们两个老家都是哪里的
Where you boys from in the world?
-阿♥拉♥巴马州 长官 -阿♥拉♥巴马州 长官
– Alabama, sir! – Alabama, sir!
你们是双胞胎吗
You twins?
不是 我们没有血缘关系 长官
No, we are not relations, sir.
听着 这边规矩很简单
Look, it’s pretty basic here.
只要你们跟着我
If you stick with me
向在这里待了一段时间的老兵好好学习
and learn from the guys who’ve been in country a while,
你们会没事的
you’ll be all right.
只有一样必备的军需品
There is one item of GI gear
它将关系到你们的生死存亡
that can be the difference between a live grunt and a dead grunt.
就是袜子 底部有衬垫 绿色的袜子
Socks. Cushion sole, OD green.
尽量保持双脚干燥
Try and keep your feet dry.
我们负重出行的时候 你们一定要记住
When we’re out humping, I want you boys to remember
只要停下休整 就要换干爽的袜子
to change your socks whenever we stop.
不然湄公河会泡烂你的脚
The Mekong will eat a grunt’s feet right off his legs.
希姆斯中士 该死的
Sergeant Sims, God damn it,
我让你申报的吊索在哪呢
where is that sling rope I told you to order?
我已经写在军队的申请单上了
I put in the requisitions at Battalion.
好吧 好吧 那你再给那群混♥蛋♥打电♥话♥…
Yeah, yeah, yeah, well, you call those sons of bitches again…
丹中尉对军队的事务十分熟悉
Lieutenant Dan sure knew his stuff.
他能做我的中尉 我真是太幸运了
I felt real lucky he was my lieutenant.
他出身于战功显赫的军人世家
He was from a long, great military tradition.
美国历史上的每一场战争
Somebody in his family had fought and died
他的家人都曾参与并战死其中
in every single American war.
-该死的 使劲催 -马上去办 中尉
– God damn it, kick some ass! – I’m on it, Lieutenant.
赶快去办
Get on it!
或许可以说 他要达到祖辈的丰功伟绩需要艰苦奋斗
I guess you could say he had a lot to live up to.
所以你们都是来自阿肯色州的 对吧
So, you boys are from Arkansas, huh?
我去过那里
I’ve been through there.
小石城是个好地方
Little Rock’s a fine town.
现在放下你们的装备 去找排长
Now, go shake down your gear, see the platoon sergeant,
领你们上阵需要的东西
draw what you need for the field.
如果你们饿了 那边正烤着牛排呢
If you boys are hungry, we got steaks burning right over here.
本排有两条守则
Two standing orders in this platoon:
一 照顾好你的脚
one, take good care of your feet,
二 不要干蠢事 比如害死自己之类的
two, try not to do anything stupid, like getting yourself killed.
我真希望我不会让他失望
I sure hope I don’t let him down.
我可以经常看到乡下的风光
I got to see a lot of the countryside.
我们经常会走很长的路
We would take these real long walks.
我们一直在找一个叫查理[越共]的家伙
And we were always looking for this guy named Charlie.
-停下 -停下 各位
– Hold it up! – Hold up, boys!
但并非一直是快乐有趣的
It wasn’t always fun.
丹中尉总是
Lieutenant Dan was always
会对路上的风吹草动有着古怪的直觉
getting these funny feelings about a rock, or a trail, or the road,
然后他会叫我们趴下 闭嘴…
so he’d tell us to get down, shut up…
趴下 闭嘴
Get down! Shut up!
于是我们照做
…so we did.
虽然我对所有事情都不太懂
Now, I don’t know much about anything,
但我觉得美国一批最出色的年轻人
but I think some of America’s best young men
都投入到了这场战争中
served in this war.
比如 来自凤♥凰♥城的达拉斯
There was Dallas, from Phoenix,
来自底特律的克利夫兰
Cleveland, he was from Detroit.
泰克斯 泰克斯
Tex. Hey, Tex.
前面到底怎么了
Man, what the hell’s going on?
泰克斯来自…
And Tex was…
我不记得泰克斯来自哪里了
Well, I don’t remember where Tex come from.
没事
Nothing.
四排 起立
Fourth Platoon, on your feet.
距离那条河还有十公里 出发
Still got 10 klicks to go to that river. Move out.
快点 出发
Come on, move out.
快跟上 快点 打起精神来
Step it up. Look alive out there.
在越南最好的一点
The good thing about Vietnam
就是总会有地方可去
is there was always some place to go.
小心手雷
Fire in the hole!
阿甘 检查一下那个洞
Gump, check out that hole.
而且也总是有事可做
And there was always something to do.
-跟上 -散开 掩护他
– Mount them up. – Spread out! Cover his back.
有一天 突然开始下雨
One day, it started raining,
整整下了四个月
and it didn’t quit for four months.
我们经历了各种各样的雨
We’d been through every kind of rain there is:
小小的淅沥沥的雨
little bitty stinging rain,
大大的哗啦啦的雨
and big old fat rain,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!