一个军官再加4个人就行
An officer and four men.
但阿帕契人可能还在附近
But the Apaches may still be around.
我这里是指挥部
I’m running a command,
不是辩论俱乐部 约克
not a debating society, York.
-四个人 我领队 -奥洛克会领队
– Four men, I’ll be in command… – Mr. O’Rourke will be in command.
奥洛克领队
Mr. O’Rourke in command.
让他们每人带上60圈卡宾弹♥药♥
Have them take 6o rounds of carbine ammunition per man.
对于专门训练打枪的人来说太多了
That’s a lot for men who’ve been trained to shoot.
30圈足够了
Thirty will be ample.
30圈足够了
Thirty will be ample.
18支旋转手♥枪♥
And 18 per revolving pistol.
你可以让人自愿报名
You’ll call for volunteers.
-请上校允许我报名 -拒绝请求
– With the colonel’s permission, I volunteer. – Permission refused.
执行你的命令吧 中士
Carry out your orders, sergeant major.
15分钟后出发好吧 还有什么问题
You’ll leave within the quarter-hour, Mr. O’Rourke. Questions?
迈克尔
Michael.
你知道会出现什么情况吗
You know what’s expected of you now?
我知道的 爸爸放心
Sure, Dad, I know.
去保卫室那把柯温斯叫来 等等
Derice, go get Quincannon out of the guardhouse. Wait.
把马厩 叫上姆卡伊
O’Feeney, go to the stables and find Mulcahy,
沙特柯和约翰尼
Shattuck and Johnny Reb.
告诉他们 他们要自愿参加一次冒险任务
Tell them they’re volunteering for a hazardous mission.
不是出于责任
Beyond the call of duty.
告诉他们军团为他们感到骄傲去吧
Tell them their regiment is proud of them. Now, get going.
去吧 快点
Come on, come on.
约克队长 你之前说从A队抽一个排
You spoke before of a platoon from A Troop, Captain York.
是组织
I suggest you assemble it.
轻装上阵
Light marching equipment, but full bandoleers.
30分钟后我们出发 我来指挥你一起去
We leave in 3o minutes. I’ll command, you’ll accompany.
你是说我们要跟踪马车
You mean, we’re gonna trail the wagon?
远远地跟着他们
At a striking distance.
克林伍德
Collingwood.
你还记得李将军写的文章吗
You remember the paper that Captain Robert E. Lee wrote…
他在西点军校写的文章
…when he was at the Point?
关于利用陷阱做武器的那篇文章
The one on the trap as a military weapon?
我不同意 都觉得他是谋略家
I do not share the popular view of Captain Lee’s ability as tactician…
但那篇文章让我印像深刻
…but that paper impressed me.
特别是里面那个
Particularly the maneuver that Genghis Khan employed
机动部队的例子
in the battle of Kinsha in 1221.
你记得吗
You recall…?
-你是不是该行动了 队长 -是
– Hadn’t you better be moving, captain? – Yes, sir.
这次不辩论了吗 队长
What, no debate this time, captain?
不辩论了 没有疑问了
No debate, sir. No questions.
人马准备好了
Troop is ready, sir.
你的制♥服♥没穿好 队长
You’re not properly uniformed, captain.
你的手下也一样
Nor are your men.
他们看起来像集市场的农夫
They look like scratch farmers on market day.
帽子前后也没弄好
Their hats should be creased fore and aft like a fedora.
我不希望看到吊裤带露在外面
And I don’t like exposed galluses.

Yes, sir.
分成两列走 队长
Move out in a column of twos, captain.
成两列 向右转
By twos! By the right flank!
快点 跟上
Come on. Follow!
女士 去做你自己的事情吧
Woman, go on about your business.
开始修理线路吧 中士
Get busy with the wire, sergeant.
好了那边的人把毯子拿出来
All right, you men. Get out those blankets.
-开始工作吧 -是巴利和威廉斯
– And work fast. – Barry and Williams.
我常和他们俩喝酒的
Many a pint I had with both of them.
-为什么 -中士
– Why you… – Sergeant.
约翰尼别管那个了 大家快离开快
Johnny Reb, drop it. Men, let’s get out of here. Fast.
-把旗升到最高 -是
– Bugler, raise those colors to full staff. – Yes, sir.
马奇汉
Meacham.
好像没人了
This looks deserted.
他肯定在的 马奇汉
He’s here all right. Meacham!
上校 请让我来
With the colonel’s permission, sir.
门开了
The door is open, sir.
-把窗打开 通通气 -是
– Open the shutters. Get the stench out. – Yes, sir.
马奇汉
Meacham.
-噢 原来是约克 -走吧 马奇汉
– Well, Mr. York. – Let’s go, Meacham.
来了
By your leave, sir.
又有一个放逐到我们这里来了
Another exile in our wilderness.
撒斯狄上校 我们的新任指挥官
Colonel Thursday, our new commanding officer.
为您效劳 撒斯狄上校
Your servant, Mr. Thursday.
愿上帝是
May the Lord…
撒斯狄上校 马奇汉先生
Colonel Thursday, Mr. Meacham.
保佑你 我不在意那些什么军衔的
Oh, bless you, I pay no attention to military titles.
我不相信任何军衔
I don’t believe in titles of any kind.
我们都是上帝的兄弟 他的儿女
We’re all his brothers, his children.
甚至这些野蛮人也一样
Even these savages entrusted to my care.
我给他们食物衣服
I feed them and clothe them…
还给他们威士忌
And fill them full of rotgut whiskey.
我有营业执照的
I have a license.
酒也有酒的用处 这里的气候不太好
Spirits have their uses. This is not a healthy climate.
上校要不要也来一杯 骑了这么久的马
Perhaps the colonel would like a drink after his ride.
不要 祝你健康
No? Your health.
马奇汉
Mr. Meacham…
一支印地安人离开了他们的居留地
…a band of Indians has left the reservation.
没错
That’s right.
戴尔保人还有另外30个狼心狗肺的东西
That Diablo and 3o others, the ungrateful dogs.
我对他们这么好 卖♥♥东西给他们
I treat them well. I have goods for them to buy.
有刀啦 印花布啦 木材
Knives, calico, wool…
都是些便宜的烂货
Cheap, shoddy trash.
不是
No.
撒斯狄上校 你知道小孩子吧
Mist… Colonel Thursday, you know how children are.
他们只喜欢漂亮的玩具
They like their bright toys.
这枪可不是玩具 马奇汉
Winchester seven-shot repeaters are not toys, Meacham.
约克队长 我正在问马奇汉问题
Captain York, I am attempting to question Mr. Meacham.

Yes, sir.
好吧
Right, sir.
你不知道为什么
There’s no reason, to your knowledge…
为什么阿帕契人要走到防线上去
…why a band of Apache should go on the warpath?
他们不是要到那去 也许是搞错了
Not the warpath. Misguided maybe,
就像任性的小孩那样
like wayward children.
我死了 两个人是被折磨至死的
Mister, two of my troopers are dead. Tortured to death.
肯定不是阿帕契人干的
Not by my Apaches.
也许是其他的游牧族人
Some other raiding party, perhaps.
你怎么知道
How can you be sure?
我们已经抓到了戴尔保和他的部下
We’ve taken Diablo and his band,
还有什么疑问
what’s left of them.
-他们快到了 -你把他们留在这里
– They’ll be here soon. – You’ll keep them here.
把他们留在这里 你得派兵来
You’ll assign a troop to keep them here.
我跟约克队长也是这么说的 拜托你了
That’s what I’ve been telling Mr. York. I leave it to you.
我自己一个人 怎么能负责那么多野蛮人
How can I, one Ione man, be responsible for all these savages?
你也看到后果了
Now you see what’s happened.
两个手下死了
Two of your men have been killed.
勇敢的人为祖国效力 就像我一样
Brave men, serving their country, as I am.
这一切本来可以防范的
This wouldn’t have happened
如果繁忙的约克队长能够
if the highhanded Mr. York…
-你胡说八道 -约克队长
– oh, you mealy-mouthed… – Captain York.
马奇汉是代表美国政♥府♥的
Mr. Meacham is a representative of the United States government.
对他尊敬一点
He will be treated with due respect.
-我想说点事可以吗 -什么事
– May I say something, sir? – What is it?
没有什么军队可以把
No troop or squadron or regiment’s gonna keep
阿帕契人禁在居留地的
the Apaches on this reservation…
除非他们自己愿意留下
…unless they wanna stay here.
五年前 我们和柯伊斯签订了一个条约
Five years ago, we made a treaty with Cochise.
他和其它一些阿帕契族人
He and his Chiricahuas and some of the other Apache bands…
来到了居留地上
…came on the reservation.
他们想要和我们和平共处
They wanted to live here in peace,
也真的和平了两年
and did for two years.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!