…has reported here this morning properly dressed.
各位 制♥服♥不是
The uniform, gentlemen,
用来炫耀个人魅力的
is not a subject for individual whimsical expression.
执勤的时候我们不是牛仔
We’re not cowboys at this post…
也不是拿着根苜蓿来打架的
…nor freighters with a load of alfalfa.
摩弗
Mr.
同志
Murphy.
是奥洛克
O’Rourke, sir.
奥洛克同志 请你上前来
Mr. O’Rourke, will you step forward.
请你们看一下 奥洛克同志的衣着
Gentlemen, I call your attention to Mr. O’Rourke’s dress.
刚刚从西点军校毕业
Being fresh from West Point…
奥洛克同志没有忘记军队的规矩
…Mr. O’Rourke has not forgotten Army regulations.
我相信你们将来也会记得这些规矩的
I trust my other officers will remember them in the future.
同时我也希望这些规矩能在全军中落实
And I will insist they be enforced throughout the command.
要明白 我不是个苛求的人
Understand me, gentlemen, I am not a martinet.
但我以我的指挥为荣
But I do want to take pride in my command.
这里我们并没有太多机会赢得荣耀或功绩
We here have little chance for glory or advancement.
而其他的一些同志军官却有机会统领
While some of our brother officers are leading…
组织严明的军队
…their well-publicized campaigns against
正在攻打印地安人
the great Indian nations…
苏人和夏安族人
…the Sioux and the Cheyenne…
我们的任务是处理一些小打小闹
…we are asked to ward off the gnat stings and flea bites…
对付寥寥几个胆小的印地安人
…of a few cowardly Digger Indians.
恕我冒昧 阿帕契族
Your pardon, colonel.
可不是什么胆小的印地安人
You’d hardly call Apaches “Digger Indians,” sir.
但也不能拿他们和
You’d scarcely compare them
苏人或夏安族人相比 队长
with the Sioux, captain.
是的 无法相比
No, I don’t.
苏人曾经攻进阿帕契族人的领地
The Sioux once raided into Apache territory.
老人们告诉我 他们撤退的路线上
Old-timers told me you could follow their line of retreat…
满是英勇而战死的人的尸骨
…by the bones of their dead.
我想现在的阿帕契族人
I suggest the Apache has
从那以后已经不如从前了
deteriorated since then…
从我在路上遇到的那几个看 就是这样的
…judging by a few of the specimens I’ve seen on my way out here.
既然你已经见过了 那些不是阿帕契族人
Well, if you saw them, sir, they weren’t Apaches.
队长我们可以另找个时间再讨论阿帕契族人
We’ll discuss the Apache some other time, captain.
眼前的问题是
The immediate point, gentlemen,
我希望能更好地了解你们
is that I hope to know you all better.
虽然我们现在还不能很好的互相理解
If we don’t understand each other now,
但很快就可以了
we soon will.
有什么疑问
Questions?
早上好 同志们
Good morning, gentlemen.
你们可以回去吃早餐或干别的事情了
You may return to your breakfasts or your other duties.
克林伍德队长 请你留一下
Captain Collingwood, will you remain?
走啊
Go on.
同志们 还有其它问题吗
Gentlemen, are there any questions?
如果没有 我想要遵循命令回去吃早餐了
If there are none, I intend to follow orders and have breakfast.
早上好 同志们
Good morning, gentlemen.
去报告一下
Report to your coop.
队长
Sir.
我不是要针对你萨姆
Nothing personal in this, Sam.
不需要解释了 欧文
No explanations, owen.
我们从不需要解释的
We’ve never had them before.
虽然 有一次我试图解释过
Although, once, I tried.
没什么好解释的
There was nothing to explain.
是的 没什么好解释的
No, nothing.
你有你的方向 向荣耀前进
You did what you did. Rode to glory.
我有我的方向 就是在福特阿帕契窝着
I did what I did. Wound up at Fort Apache.
没想到你最后也要呆在这里
Well, you’ve wound up here too.
噢 老天
Oh, by thunder.
我可不是自愿窝在这里的
I’ve not wound up.
一点也谈不上自愿
Not by a jugful.
他们把我撇到一边
They’ve pushed me aside,
硬把我派到这个微不足道的位置
sent me up to this tenpenny post.
但我不会就这样被埋没的
But they’ll not keep me buried.
我肯定能发掘出什么来
I’ll find something.
这里可不是什么辉煌之地 欧文
This isn’t a country for glory, owen.
风险我自己承担 我一直都这么过来的
I’ll take my risks. I always have.
好 那我只能祝你好运了
Well, then all I can do is wish you good luck.
我衷心地祝你好运
And I wish you that sincerely.
谢谢你萨姆
Thank you, Sam.
要不要来一杯
Will you have a drink?
不了 谢谢 欧文
No, thanks, owen.
这个时间喝酒太早了
It’s a little early in the day.
对我来说也早了一点
Even for me.
有没有我调任的消息
Anything new about my transfer?
-抱歉先生 还没有 -谢谢你
– Sorry, sir, nothing yet. – Thank you.
-奥洛克 -是
– O’Rourke. – Yes, sir.
我需要一匹马 带两三匹过来我挑一下
I require a mount. Have two or three brought over for my selection.
-是 -奥洛克
– Yes, sir. – O’Rourke.

Sir.
奥洛克中尉和你有什么关系吗
This Lieutenant o’Rourke, are you, by chance, related?
他是我的儿子 亲生儿子
Not by chance, sir. By blood. He’s my son.
我知道了
I see.
他怎么进西点军校的
How did he happen to get into West Point?
是总统指派的
It happened by presidential appointment, sir.
你以前是不是当过军官 奥洛克
Are you a former officer, o’Rourke?
打战的时候 我是纽约第69团的少校
During the war, I was a major in the 69th New York Regiment.
在爱尔兰旅
The Irish Brigade, sir.
虽然这样 我记得总统指派
Still, it’s been my impression that presidential appointments…
只能给那些拥有荣誉勋章的人的儿子
…were restricted to sons of holders of the Medal of Honor.
我记得也是这样的 还有什么问题吗
That is my impression too, sir. Will that be all, sir?
是的 中士 没问题了
Yes, sergeant. It will.
-早上好 -早上好
– Good morning. – Good morning.
-早上好 -早上好 女士
– Good morning. – Good morning, ma’am.
-早上好 -早上好
– Good morning. – Good morning.
不好意思
Excuse me.
能不能告诉我克林伍德夫人住哪里
Could you tell me where Mrs. Collingwood lives.
-噢 就在那边 亲爱的 -谢谢你
– Oh, right in there, dear. – Thank you.
-早上好 -菲拉德菲儿 小菲
– Good morning. – Philadelphia. Philly.
我 我只是 我知道现在来找您太早了
L… I was just… I know it’s terribly early to call but…
胡说 进来 亲爱的见到你我真高兴
Nonsense. Come in, dear. I’m so glad to see you.
我只是路过…
I was just passing and…
天啊 这餐具柜多漂亮啊
My, what a beautiful sideboard.
还有这些烛台
And those candlesticks.
这些是我阿姨给我的
They were my Aunt Martha’s.
我是她最喜欢的侄女 所以她死之后
I was her favorite niece, so when she died…
她把财产留给了一个流浪猫收留站
…she left her fortune to a home for stray cats…
这些烛台她就给了我
…and the candlesticks to me.
真是漂亮
They’re lovely.
所有的东西都很漂亮
Everything is.
可我们的地方就空荡荡的 而且太脏了
But our place, it… It’s so bare and… And so dirty.
-噢 可怜的孩子 -而且连水都没有
– Oh, you poor child. – And there’s no water.
-克林伍德夫人 -叫我艾米利阿姨
– Mrs. Collingwood. – Aunt Emily.
艾米利阿姨 女士留在军队里能做什么
Aunt Emily, what does a woman do in the Army?
我们的行礼还没有到
Our things haven’t…
我们连一个咖啡壶也没有
We haven’t even got a coffeepot.
我该找人帮忙还是
Do I get someone to help me or…?
欧文 欧文·撒斯狄 那男人真是
Owen. Owen Thursday. That man.
别担心 亲爱的
Now, don’t you fret, dear.
遇到麻烦的时候 我们都去找奥洛克夫人
In times of trouble, we call on Mrs. O’Rourke.
-奥洛克夫人吗 -对奥洛克夫人
– Mrs. O’Rourke? – Mrs. O’Rourke.
玛萨 奥洛克夫人在哪
Martha, where’s Mrs. O’Rourke?
-奥洛克夫人 -奥洛克夫人
– Mrs. O’Rourke. – Mrs. O’Rourke.
-奥洛克夫人 -我在这 什么事
– Mrs. O’Rourke. – Oh, yes, what is it?
奥洛克夫人
Mrs. O’Rourke.
噢 是克林伍德夫人吗
Oh, yes, Mrs. Collingwood?
-是 克林伍德夫人 -什么事
– Yes, Mrs. Collingwood? – Yes?
玛丽 这是撒斯狄上校的女儿
Mary, this is Colonel Thursday’s daughter…
这就是奥洛克夫人 这里的中士的妻子
…and this is Mrs. O’Rourke, the wife of our sergeant major…
儿子是个年轻的好军官

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!