No, you shall sit here on my right, next to Captain York.
谢谢你
Thank you.
这样奥洛克中尉就可以好好看着你了
So Lieutenant o’Rourke can have a look at you.
-我不知道这样公不公平 -为什么
– Well, I don’t know whether that’s fair. – Why not?
因为你就得看着他了
Because you’ll have to look at him.
我到希望她这样
Well, I hope she does.
-你不喝酒对吧 -不喝 谢谢你
– You don’t drink wine, do you? – No, thank you.
好女孩 菲拉德菲儿
Good girl, Philadelphia.
咖啡 亲爱的
Coffee, dear.
你是在菲拉德菲尔出生的吗
Were you born in Philadelphia?
不是 我出生在庞菲
No, Pomfret, Connecticut.
我继承了母亲的名字
I was named after my mother.
噢 你母亲是在菲拉德菲尔出生的
Oh, she was born in Philadelphia.
不是 她出生在坡塔坷
No, Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
她继承了祖母的名字
She was named after Grandmother.
祖母是我们家的第一个菲拉德菲儿
Grandmother was the first Philadelphia in our family.
噢 那你祖母就是
Oh, then she was…?
不是 她出生在普林斯顿
No, Provincetown, Massachusetts.
我们 我们聊聊马吧
Let’s ta… Let’s talk about horses.
你会骑马吗 坡塔庞菲儿
Do you ride, Pawtuc… Pom… Phil?
-我会噢 -很好啊
– Yes, I do. – Well, good.
我们得派个很好的军官来陪你骑马才行
We’ll have to order some nice young officer to take you riding.
艾米利
Emily.
我们让这些男士学会抽雪茄吧 菲儿
Shall we leave the men to their cigars, Phil.

All right.
拿支雪茄过来 我和你们一起
Have a cigar, Kirby, and I’ll join you.
坐下吧 亲爱的
Sit down, dear.
我不知道怎么说 能来这里真是太好了
I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to have you here at the post,
克林伍德夫人
Mrs. Collingwood.
我觉得即使我不在这里了
I think you’ll get along
你也能过得很好的
even without me.
不在这里?
Without?
你知道的我们等时间
We’re just marking time, you know.
萨姆已经提出申请 调到西点军校做教官
Sam has applied for transfer to West Point as instructor.
噢 我都不知道
Oh, I didn’t know.
什么时候走 队长
When are you leaving, captain?
走? 走去哪里? 我哪儿也不去
Leaving? Leaving for where? I’m not going anywhere.
离开我的伙伴吗
Leave my own party?
菲儿是说学校的事情 萨姆
Phil meant for the academy, Sam.
噢 那个啊
Oh, that.
很快了 我希望
Soon, I hope.
除非他们拒绝我的申请
Or they may reject me.
噢 萨姆 萨姆 他们不会的
Oh, Sam. Sam, they couldn’t.
我的申请已经送去很久了 亲爱的
They’ve had my application a long time, dear.
你知道军队的办事规矩 萨姆
You know how the Army is, Sam.
我知道 我还知道他们对我的看法
Yes, and I know its opinion of me.
你也知道我们是怎么看你的 对吧
And you know our opinion of you too.
那还不够吗
Isn’t that enough?
你知道大家是怎么看你的吗
And you know what the men think of you, sir.
队长 中尉 敬你们
Captain, lieutenant, my compliments.
#Well then, oh Genevieve#
#I’d give the world#
#To live again the lonely past#
#The rose of youth was dew-impearled#
#But now it withers in the blast#
#I see thy face in every dream#
#My waking thoughts are all of thee#
#Thy glance is in the starry beam#
#That falls along the summer sea#
#Oh Genevieve#
#Sweet Genevieve#
#The years may come. The years may go#
#But still the hand of memory weaves#
#The blissful dreams#
#Of long ago#
好极了 太棒了
Bravo, Quincannon.
谢谢你 谢谢你
Thank you, Quincannon. Thank you.
每餐饭前你都给我们来一首吧
One before each meal.
中士带他回到保卫室去
Sergeant, take him back to the guardhouse.
约翰中士和丹下士
There was Sergeant John McAfferty And Corporal Donahue
传统可不是这样的
This is against all tradition.
一个男人给女士唱歌♥
A man comes to serenade a lady,
他发现了什么
and what does he find?
他看到了她的丈夫和半个团的人都在露台上
Her husband and half the regiment on the balcony.
-我心碎了 -你真脆弱 医生
– I am crushed. – You’re a faintheart, doctor.
你只敢当着她们丈夫的面唱歌♥
You only serenade when husbands are around.
那可是有原因的 夫人
And for good reason, ma’am.
看到我这个浪漫又可怜的人
Seeing what a sorry romantic figure I cut…
那位丈夫就会同情我 拿出了他最好的枪
…the husband takes pity on me and brings out his best port.
噢 晚上好 克林伍德队长
Oh, good evening, Captain Collingwood.
这是敲诈 1846年的酒在…
This is blackmail, but you’ll find the 1846…
我知道在哪
I know where it is.
上次我看到时候还有4瓶的
The last time I looked, there were four bottles of ’46.
我希望我的财产还原封不动
I expect to find my property intact.
-真无礼啊 -1 2 3 都在这里
– The insolence of the man. – One, two, three… It’s all here.
你是个受人尊敬的人
You are an honorable man.
今天是个日子拿你的杯子过来
And since this is an occasion, your glasses.

Come.
让我们为了这些年轻人喝一杯
Let’s drink a toast to the young people.
撒斯狄小姐
Miss Thursday.
迈克
Mickey.
那你明天会和我一起骑马咯
Then you will go riding with me tomorrow?
当然
Of course.
如果你真的想我去的话
If you really want me to.
为了上校的女儿和奥洛克中尉干一杯
To the colonel’s lady and Mickey o’Rourke.
代表运气 对吧
Here’s luck, huh?
他们需要运气 可怜的人
They’ll need it, poor darlings.
立正
Attention!
听着
Men…
今天我们训练你们骑马
…today we gonna put you on the horses.
不用再走路了
No more walking.
等我们把你们训练好了
And by the time we get through with you…
你们就能骑得像个议员那么好了 所有人
…you’ll be riding like senators, the all of youse.
训练你们的是贝弗佛特中士
And your rough-riding sergeant will be Sergeant Beaufort.
稍息
Relax!
立正
Attention.
同志们 这就是马
Gentlemen, this is a horse.
仔细观察 这匹马是没有马鞍的
You will observe, it has no saddle.
原因是
The reason it has no saddle…
没有马鞍你们
…is because it will be easier for
比较方便坐在上面
you to stay on without the saddle.
我们开始之前
Now, before we progress…
有没有人在南方军队服役过
…did any of you gentlemen serve with the Southern arms…
在内战的时候
…during the War Between the States?
有 先生
Yes, sir.
我曾经在贝德福德部下服役过
I had the pride, sir, of serving with Bedford Forrest.
我为你骄傲 来握个手吧
I am proud to shake your hand.
我的荣幸
Thank you, sir.
希望你领工资那天请我喝杯酒
I hope you have the pleasure of buying me a drink on payday.
那是我的荣幸
An honor, sir.
现在你是代理下士了
You are now an acting corporal.
-中士 -求求你 姆坷伊中士
– Sergeant… – Please. Please, Sergeant Mulcahy.
噢 就给他们一个吧
Oh, let them have one.
现在 同志们 这位勇敢的士兵
And now, gentlemen, this gallant soldier…
这个来自历史上最伟大的部队的士兵
…this member of the greatest cavalry force that ever lived…
他会给你们演示一下
…will show you Yankees
美国人是怎么骑马的
how to ride.
立正
Attention!
看到了吧 其实很简单
Now you see how easy it is, gentlemen.
同志们 去找你们的马
Gentlemen, to your horses.
-谁第一个来 -我
– Who will be the first volunteer? – I am.
-来上来 这里来 -这里
– Come on. Get up here. – Hop in there.
-总要试多一次的 上来 -好
– A gentleman always remounts. Get up there. – That’s it.
-上去 -拿好你的东西
– Come on, then. – Pick up your things.
好 就这样
Yeah, that’s it.
坚持住
Stay on your horses, men.
如果掉下来 再爬上去
And if you fall off, get on again.
这就是军队的规矩
It’s an order in the Army, and a custom…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!