我们不是第一个启用窃听系统的政♥府♥
Ours is not the first administration to use taping systems.
林顿·约翰逊统治时期用过 肯尼迪也用过
Lyndon Johnson’s White House used them. So did Kennedy’s.
休斯敦计划 关于非法监控和滥用职权
Huston Plan. Wiretapping and alleged abuses of power.
让我来告诉你 别的政♥权♥做的不止这些
Let me tell you, other administrations were up to far worse.
纯粹玩乐 那你的好友杰克·肯尼迪呢
And just for fun, your close friend Jack Kennedy.
那个男人凡是能动的都被他上过
That man, he screwed anything that moved,
搞假选举 还把我们弄进越南那个烂摊子
fixed elections and took us into Vietnam.
但美国人♥民♥却因此爱死他了
And the American people, they loved him for it!
而我 理查德·米尔豪斯·尼克松
Whereas I, Richard Milhous Nixon,
没日没夜地为他们工作 到头来却被他们恨!
worked around the clock in their service, and they hated me!
等等 等等 我现在出汗了
Look. Look. Now I’m sweating.
可恶! 可恶!
Damn it! Damn it!
而且肯尼迪还很帅 蓝色的大眼睛
And Kennedy’s so goddamn handsome and blue-eyed!
所有女人都爱他!
And women all over him!
任何能动的 所有能动的东西 他都上过
He screwed anything that moved, and everything.
他上了恰克丝一次 (尼克松的狗)
Had a go at Checkers once.
可怜她再也没能缓过来!
The poor little bitch was never the same!
先生们 评论界终于有人向我们示好了
Gentlemen, finally a friend in the American press.
杰克·安德森 华盛顿时报
CAROLINE: Jack Anderson in The Washington Post,
“当理查德·尼克松坐到摄像机面前
“When Richard Nixon faces the television cameras
“接受他离开白宫后的第一次访问
“for his first interview since he abandoned the White House,
“他将像在法庭一样被严格审讯
“he’ll be cross-examined as if he were on the witness stand.
“福斯特找来三个攻克专家
“Frost has hired three crack investigators
“和他一起研究采访的资料
“to help him with the research.
“很显然这位著名的电视专访家 这次不准备手软”
“Clearly the famous TV interviewer will pull no punches.”
“裂缝专家”? (攻克于裂缝同音)
“Crack investigators”?
我能不能叫裂缝1号♥?
Can I be Crack One?
我能不能叫大裂缝?
Can I be Deep Crack?
戴维 我能跟你聊一下么
David, can I talk to you for a sec?
经过我上一本书的调查
After researching my last book,
我很确定寇尔森…
I was pretty certain Colson…
就是查尔斯·寇尔森 他最亲近的走狗?
You know, Charles Colson? His darkest henchman?
-寇尔森啊 -寇尔森曾和尼克松见过面
Colson, right. Colson had a meeting with Nixon
(PHONE RINGING)
在6月23日之前
Sometime before June 23,
但我还不知道确切时间
but I never knew the exact date,
找不到当时的记录
so I couldn’t find the transcript.
如果你能给我一个星期 去联邦法♥院♥资料库找找…
But if you gave me a week back in the Federal Courthouse library…
一个星期? 天呐 吉姆 我们不能这么长时间没有你
A week? Goodness, Jim, we can’t lose you for that long.
我觉得那真的会很有用 戴维
I think this is really good stuff, Dave.
有没有什么我可以帮你的
Would there be something I could help you with?
我们要是想在访谈中让他屈服
You know, if we’re gonna nail Nixon in these interviews,
就得拿点东西出來突击他
we’re gonna have to ambush him.
让他措手不及
We’re gonna have to take him by surprise.
别担心 吉姆 我们会抓得住他的
Don’t worry, Jim. We’ll get him anyway.
-稍等 -戴维 是杰克·布鲁南
Hang on a second. David, Jack Brennan.
他好像有点激动
He sounds a little emotional.
我去里面接
I’ll take it in here.
他马上就来
He’ll be right with you. Yeah.
-杰克 -水门
Jack. Watergate.
请讲 杰克
Yes, Jack.
律师希望我们能对这个词的定义达成共识
Our lawyers want us to agree on a definition of the word.
据我理解 它是华盛顿一栋
Well, I believe it’s a large hotel
大型酒店兼办公大楼 杰克
and office complex in Washington, Jack.
你明白我的意思
You know what I’m talking about.
是说访谈里
For the interviews.
我们希望 能用”水门”一词
We want to propose that Watergate
代替所有有负面意义的词语
be an umbrella term for everything negative.
(STAMMERS)
等一下
Hold on a minute.
所以其他关于内政的指责
So all the other domestic charges
像是 布鲁金斯学会事件
against him, the Brookings Institute,
“水管工”间谍小组 和敌对份子名单
the Plumbers Union, the Enemies List,
你是说 这些都用水门代替?
you’re saying all that goes into Watergate?
正确
Correct.
这太荒谬了 而且明显违反了
That is absurd and a clear breach
我们合同中的条款
of the terms of our agreement.
那么 你怎么定义水门?
Okay. How would you define Watergate?
就只是关于水门的一切
Well, that it covers just that.
6月17日的闯入
The Watergate break-in of June 17th
和之后的掩饰活动 以及法♥院♥的调查
and the subsequent cover-up and investigation.
好吧 既然这样 这件事就算了
Fine. In which case, the deal is off.
好啊 那你们可以等着收法♥院♥的传票
Fine. In which case, you can expect a lawsuit
要求赔偿2千万以上的
for something in excess of $20 million
毁约赔偿款和收入损失金
in damages and loss of earnings.
合同的条款明确写明
The terms of the contract clearly stipulate
水门部分只占不超过百分之25的时间
that Watergate take up no more than 25% of the time.
是的 但那不代表剩下的百分之75
Yes, but nowhere does it say that for the rest of the 75%
是让他来用来唠叨他那些总统旧事的
he gets to drone on and sound presidential.
“唠叨?” 上帝啊 你对人还有没有点尊敬?
“Drone on”? Jesus Christ. Where’s your respect?
你知道你现在说的是谁吗
You remember who you’re talking about here.
相信你也一定清楚 他在位时做的百分之六十的事都是对的
You know as well as I do that 60% of what he did in office was right,
百分之三十可能是错的 但他当时认为是对的
and 30% may have been wrong, but he thought it was right at the time.
那还剩下百分之十
Yes, but that still leaves 10%
是他明白自己是在做错事还去做的
where he was doing the wrong thing and knew it.
你们这些搞媒体的 自命不凡
You goddamn media people. You are so smug.
我警告你 如果你把那百分之六十搞砸的话
Well, I can guarantee you if you screw us on the 60%,
我会用我一辈子的时间把你搞臭
I will ruin you if it takes the rest of my life.
混♥蛋♥
Prick.
你简直美呆了
Look at you. Gorgeous.
晚安 王子们
Good night, sweet princes.
-好好玩 -再见
Cheerio. Bye.
明早见
See you in the morning.
(DOOR CLOSES)
为什么穿成那样?
Why the monkey suit?
戴维今晚有一个电影开幕式要参加
David has a film premiere he needs to attend.
什么? 在访谈开始的前一夜?
What? The night before we start taping?
什么电影?
What’s the movie?
“水晶鞋与玫瑰花”
It’s The Slipper and the Rose.
那个讲灰姑娘的?
The Cinderella movie?
对 戴维是执行制♥作♥
Yeah. David’s the executive producer.
你不觉得我们的采访主持
You don’t think it might be an idea for our interviewer
应该好好休息 然后专心应对明天的任务?
to be rested and focused on the job in hand?
别担心
BIRT: Don’t worry.
戴维是个最称职的演员
David is a performer of the highest caliber.
他有过很多次高压作战的经验
He’s been in these pressure situations many times before.
时间一到 他就会入戏了 好吗
Come the hour, he’ll be fine. Okay?
他说什么? 他是不是说”演员”?
What did he say? Did he say “performer”?
-是 -他用了这么个词?
Yeah. That’s the word he used?
对 他是说了”演员”
Yeah, he said “performer.”
不是说”记者” 或者”采访人”?
Not “journalist” or “interviewer”?
不是 他说”演员”
No. He said “performer.”
我很好奇 你现在精神上是种什么状态?
Out of curiosity, where are you at this moment? Psychically?
我正在想像 无际黑暗中 尘土飞扬
I am imagining the dust, the darkness,
我心中充满痛苦和寂寞
the agony and the unimaginable Ioneliness
一个人被放逐荒野上
of the wilderness I am about to be dispatched to
目送着我的华盛顿政界同僚们 弃我而去…
by my Washington political colleagues.
(CHEERING)
一遇到机会您就直接谈 外交的事 和毛♥泽♥东♥的会面
So any opportunity you get, go right to foreign policy, go right to Mao,
和赫鲁晓夫的辩论
go right to Khrushchev.
直接谈!
Just go right!
您可以谈外交谈一整天 先生
KHACHIGIAN: You could do all day on foreign policy, sir.
我不觉得宴会与毛的故事已经旧了
PRICE: I disagree that the Mao banquet story is stale.
恕我失礼 先生 你该看看这个
Excuse me, sir. Something I think you should see.
人们喜欢那个故事
GANNON: People love that story.
这段还是把它留到下本书里吧
SAWYER: Why don’t we save it for the book?
不是吧
KHACHIGIAN: Yeah, right, come on.
-戴维 -福斯特先生
REPORTER 1. David. REPORTER 2. Mr. Frost.
戴维 媒体界有些人认为
REPORTER 1. David, some people in the media have suggested
你不适合采访总统
that you’re not the right man for the job,
他们认为你的风格可能太软了
that you’ll be too soft on the President.
如果他持强硬的态度你会怎么应对?
What will you do if he stonewalls you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!