for playing white people’s music.
然后把他拉下了台
They pulled him off stage
狠揍了一顿
beat him badly.
我的天啊
Jesus Christ!
你之前问过我
You asked me once,
为什么谢利博士要到南部演出
why Dr. Shirley does this?
我告诉你
I tell you.
那是因为天才还远远不够
Because genius is not enough.
要想改变人心 需要的是勇气
It takes courage to change people’s hearts.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
-晚上好 -需要帮忙吗
– Good evening. – Can I help you?
-我理解 但是… -怎么了
– I understand but… – What’s going on?
这位先生说我不能在这里用餐
This gentleman says that I’m not permitted dine here.
不 你不知道
No, you don’t understand,
他是今晚的演奏者 重头戏
he’s playing tonight, he’s the main event.
很抱歉 但这是餐厅的规矩
I’m sorry. But it’s the policy of the restaurant.
-一切都还好吗 -不 不好
– Everything all right? – No, it’s not all right.
这个家伙说谢利医生不能在这里用餐
This guy is saying Dr. Shirley can’t eat here.
我向您道歉 但这是餐厅悠久的传统
Well, I apologize, but these are… longstanding traditions.
俱乐部规矩 我相信您一定理解
Club rules. I’m sure you understand.
不 我不理解
No. I do not understand.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
等等 你是说他乐队里的陪衬
Wait a minute, are you tellin’ me the bozos in his band,
和专程到此听他演奏的人们
and these people that came here to see him play,
他们能在这里用餐
they can eat here,
但演出者 今晚的荣誉嘉宾却不能
but the star of the show, the talking spot of honor, he can’t.
恐怕是这样
I’m afraid not.
但他总得吃饭 总得吃晚餐
Well he’s gotta eat, I mean he’s gotta have dinner.
这样吧
I tell you what.
不如我们送些食物到他的更衣室
Why don’t we bring something to his dressing room, huh?
约翰 把菜单给这位先生
John, show him the menu.
不 我拒绝在那间储藏室用餐
No. I’m not eating in that storage room.
好吧 如果您愿意
Okay… if you’d prefer,
这条路上有一家很不错的餐馆
there’s a very popular establishment right down the road,
橙鸟酒吧 他们肯定愿意接待您
the Orange Bird, they’d be happy to feed you.
医生 借一步说话
Doc, come here.
稍等
One second just.
也许那地方更好呢
C’mon, maybe that place is better anyway.
这里的餐包硬得像石头一样
The dinner rolls here are like rocks.
我们就去那吃饭 速去速回
Let’s just go over… just go and come back.
这是最后一场演出了
It’s the last show.
咱们善始善终 熬过今晚
Bottom of the knife. Let’s just get it over with
就能回家 并远离这群混♥蛋♥
and we can go home and get away from these pricks.
这是菜单 今晚的鱼非常新鲜
Ah, there you go, the fish is wonderful tonight.
除非让我在这里用餐 否则今晚就没有演出
Either I eat in this room, or I’m not performing tonight.
我能和你谈谈吗
May I have a word with you?
维兰纽瓦先生 麻烦你和谢利先生讲讲理
Mr. Villanueva, you have to talk sense to Mr. Shirley.
让他理解我们不是针对他个人
Please make him understand we’re not insulting him personally,
这只是这里的办事方法
this is just the way things are done down here.
但他不是这里的人
Yeah, well he’s not from down here.
你就让他别这么固执
Just ask him to be reasonable.
我这里有四百位客人等着看今晚的演出
I got 400 guests in there who expect to be entertained tonight.
谢利医生希望在这里用餐
And Dr. Shirley expects to eat tonight.
为什么你不能破一次例呢
Why can’t you just make an exception this one time?
我跟你讲个故事
Lemme tell you a story.
你听说过波士顿凯尔特人篮球俱乐部吗
You ever hear of the Boston Celtics basketball club?
-听说过 -那些男孩两年前
– Yeah. -Yeah, those boys came through here
进行巡回表演赛时来过这里
a couple years ago on a barnstorming tour.
他们可是联赛冠军
Now, seeing as they were World Champions of the league and all,
他们能在这里用餐 我们很兴奋
we were tickled to have ’em eat here,
我们热烈地欢迎了他们
we rolled out the welcome wagon.
你知道那晚他们队里的黑鬼是在哪张桌吃的晚餐吗
So do you know what table their big coon ate at that night?
-不知道 -我也不知道
– No. – I don’t either.
但反正不是我们的桌子 废话少说
But it wasn’t one of ours. Now let’s cut the bullshit.
开个价吧
Tell me what it’s gonna take.
一百元够不够你说服那小子演出
Say one hundred dollars and you get your boy to play?
你觉得能买♥♥通我
You think you can buy me?
无意冒犯 先生
With all due respect, sir,
但你要是不能被买♥♥通 就不会干这种工作了
but you wouldn’t be in a job like this if you couldn’t be bought.
住手 托尼
Stop! Tony.
没关系
It’s alright.
如果你希望
I’ll play.
我就照常演出
If you want me to.
好吧
All right.
我们赶紧离开这鬼地方
Let’s get the fuck outta here.
什么意思 离开这里
What do you mean, let’s get outta here?
你♥他♥妈♥要去哪
Where the hell do you think you’re going?
唐 别这样 你签了合同
Don, don’t do this! Now you signed a contract.
我知道你是那种遵守信用的人
And I know you’re the kind of man who honors a contract!
康妮 比尔 不会有任何问题的 没事的
Connie, Bill, everything’s gonna be fine. It’s alright.
你还有场演出呢 先生
You got a show to do, mister!
赶紧回来 现在就回来 该死的 现在
You turn yourself around. Right now goddammit! Right now!
这就是我们不雇黑人的原因
This is why you people don’t work down here,
你们根本靠不住
cause you’re unreliable.
听见了吗
You hear me?
我特地为你从亚特兰大运来一架斯坦威钢琴
I shipped that goddamn Steinway in from Atlanta for you.
托尼
Tony.
你饿吗
Are you hungry?
这不是废话吗
Does Betty like butter?
橙鸟酒吧
蓝调演出
-你是警♥察♥吗 -我看起来像爱尔兰人吗
– You a cop? – Do I look Irish?
你想来点什么 宝贝
What you want, baby?
-两杯威士忌 纯的 -马上来
– Two Cutty sarks, neat. – Coming up.
来两份你们的特色菜 是什么都行
Whatever your specialty is, we’ll take it.
两份橙鸟套餐
Two orange birds!
我欣赏你刚才在那的做法 医生
I like what you did back there, Doc.
你维护了自己的权利
You stood up for yourself.
就像你的总统好友说的
It’s like your friend the President says:
约翰·肯尼迪就职演讲
正确版本为”问你能为国家做点什么”
“不要问你的国家能为你做什么
“Ask not… your country what you could do for it,
问你能为自己做点什么”
ask what you do for yourself.”
你懂的
You know.
亲爱的
So, darlin’,
你穿得这么体面是要干什么
what you do, all dressed up like that?
没什么特别重要的事
Nothing particularly important.
不能以貌取人
Shouldn’t judge a man by his clothes.
他不过是世界上最厉害的钢琴家罢了
He’s only the greatest piano player in the world.
是吗 你弹得好吗
That right? You good?
别害羞 医生 告诉她你是谁
Don’t be shy, Doc. Tell her who you are.
不用说 去弹吧
Don’t tell me nothing, show me.
老兄
Man…
这才是活跃气氛的正确方式
That’s how you break a peak.
那可真快活 我愿意每个月免费弹一回
Oh, that was a good time, I’d do that once a month for free.
-你真是不可思议 -托尼
– You’re unbelievable. – Hey, Tony.
我打赌如果我们现在出发 能赶得上
I bet if we leave right now, we can make it.
-赶上什么 -平安夜 回纽约
– Make what? – Christmas Eve. In New York city.
千万别在酒吧里掏出一大叠现金
Don’t ever flash a wad of cash in a bar.
我就知道你真的有枪
I knew you had a gun!
雪越来越大了 医生
It’s getting bad, Doc.
是的
Yes.
真可惜我们没有
It’s a shame we don’t
能保护我们一路平安的东西
have something to protect us on our journey.
我想到了 不如你把
Oh I know, why don’t you
你的幸运石头放在前板上吧 托尼
put your lucky rock up on the dash, Tony?
拜托 托尼 我们需要动用所有资源
C’mon Tony, we need all the help we can get.
谢谢 我已经感觉安全多了
Thank you. I feel safer already.
你是个混♥蛋♥ 你知道吗
You’re a prick, you know that?
该死
Ah, shit!
天杀的警♥察♥
Goddamn cops.
-你们在这干什么 -我们想开车去纽约

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!