I’m not giving them my baby.
我要自己抚养Marianna.
I’m raising Marianna myself.
但是, Anna, 你难道不想给孩子最好的生活吗?
But, Anna, don’t you want
what’s best for the child…
是的, 夫人.
Yes, ma’am.
所以我才要亲自抚养她.
That’s why I’m keeping her.
Marianna长大以后,
我给她讲了有关喜被的故事.
As Marianna grew,
I told her the story from the quilt.
我意识到,
我也已经成为这故事的一部分了.
And I came to realize,
I had become part of that story, too.
It wasn’t the love of a husband…
我想要的是女儿的爱.
… I was meant to find,
but the love of my daughter.
哦, 天啊, 快看那儿!
Oh, God, look at that!
我从不喜欢月满时分.
I never liked full moons.
它给了人们一个做傻事的理由.
They give people an excuse to do foolish things.
我还年轻.我就应该去做傻事啊.
I’m young. I’m supposed to do foolish things.
然后用你的余生来偿还吗?
And spend the rest of your life paying for them?
那总好过用一生的时间来冥思苦想自己错过了什么吧.
It’s better than spending the rest of my life
wondering what I missed.
我宁愿到时候冥思苦想.
I’d rather wonder than kick myself.
我宁可事后去自责.
I’d rather kick myself.
好吧.
Fine.
等年老时,你会追悔莫及的.
You will end up with a deeply-sore backside.
这是Eric
他在普罗旺斯做香水.
This is Eric
who made perfumes in Provence.
Michel, 是个法国人.
Michel, the Frenchman.
一个马赛的渔夫.
Fisherman from Marseille.
Paco. Paco在西班牙养殖公牛.
Paco. Paco raised bulls in Spain.
Luciano, 他爱往我身上涂些橄榄油
然后做些私密的事情.
Luciano, who did marvelous things
with olive oil.
我当年也很狂浪的.
I was a wild thing.
这些男人都想要束缚我.
All these men trying to tie me down.
我听到过他们5种不同的语言对我说“嫁给我吧”.
“Marry me,” in five different languages.
我不想被任何人束缚住.
I refuse to be tied down to anyone.
真好. 你真厉害.
Good. Good for you.
你这么想?
You think so?
开玩笑呢?
谁能有这种勇气?
Are you kidding?
To have that kind of courage?
尤其是在你那个年代.
Especially someone from your generation.
真的?
是的, 从没有人告诉过我们…
Really?
Yeah, what they don’t tell us…
婚姻是一个过时的机构
为了那些图省事儿的父亲们所创建的
…is that marriage is an anachronistic institution
created for the sole convenience of the father…
他们需要把自己的女儿
转交给另外一个关心她的男人,比如:
…who needs to pass off his daughters
over to the care of another man, like:
“给你, 给, 她吃得太多了.
赶紧把她交给你吧.”
“Here, here, she eats too much.
Take her off my hands.”
但现在我们都已独♥立♥了…
But now that we’ve gotten our independence…
我们能够养活自己,
我们没理由一定要成为别人的妻子.
…that we earn our own livings,
there’s no purpose in being someone’s wife.
为什么我们一生不能同时喜欢很多人呢?
Why can’t we love
as many people as we want in a lifetime?
一夫一妻制太不近人情了
Monogamy is really a very unnatural state
that’s been forced on us for centuries…
人们已经被那些神经质的宗教领袖强迫很多个世纪了…
…by screwed-up religious leaders…
那些人可是完全抑制自己欲望的家伙.
…who are completely out of touch
with their own sexuality.
你理解我的意思吗?
You know what I mean?
你有没有跟你的未婚夫谈过这些呢?
Have you been talking to your fianc?
about any of this?
好吧,让我换种方式来问你:
All right, let me ask you this:
如果你不得不嫁给你的情人或者是朋友
If you had to choose
between marrying a lover or marrying…
你会如何选择呢?
…a friend, who would you chose?
我会嫁给我的心灵伴侣.
I would marry my soul mate.
他是谁呢?
Who is it?
他是唯一一个我没有照片的男人.
He’s the only man I don’t have a picture of.
我甚至都不知道他的名字.
I don’t even know his name.
小姐?(法语)
Mademoiselle?
我当时在巴黎.
I was in Paris.
谢谢.
Merci.
在我30岁生日那天,恰巧结束上一段感情.
I had just turned 30
and my latest love affair was over.
那个陌生人来到我这桌,
给我点了一块蛋糕…
The stranger sat down at my table
and ordered me some cake…
我则用他的手帕擦泪.
… while I cried into his handkerchief.
不久,我就跟他说起了自己的伤心往事
Before long I told him about my broken heart…
之后他跟我谈了他的诗以及爱情观.
… then he told me about his poetry
and his thoughts on love.
我们从下午一直聊到傍晚.
The afternoon became night.
我感觉到他还要去别的地方,
但我意识到…
I knew he had somewhere else to go,
but I found myself…
我要约他共进晚餐.
… asking him to have dinner with me.
和我共进晚餐吧.
Then have dinner with me.
你看, 我要陪我的妻子一起吃晚饭
Look, I already have a dinner to go to,
with my wife.
这是我刚写的诗.
This is what I wrote today.
他离开时,
给了我一首他的诗.
As he left,
he gave me one of his poems.
读读看.
Read it.
“初涉情场的恋人寻求完美的意义.
“Young lovers seek perfection.
“然而经验丰富的伴侣懂得缝补爱情,
“Old lovers learn the art
of sewing shreds together.
“他们会在不完美中发现美的存在.”
“And of seeing beauty
in a multiplicity of patches.”
你得赶快回家了.
You better get home.
我感觉要变天了.
I think the weather’s changing.
妈妈?
Mom?
宝贝!
Babe!
嗨.
嘿.
Hi.
Hey.
妈妈想死你了.
I thought that was you.
怎么了?
What?
你父亲和我准备复婚了.
Your father and I are getting remarried.
什么?
What?
你父亲和我要复婚了.
Your father and I are getting remarried.
什么时候开始的?
Since when?
怎么说呢
Well…
几个月前,我们偶然遇见了
We ran into each other, a couple months ago…
然后,我们一起吃饭.
你懂的, 就那样重拾旧爱了.
…and thought we’d have dinner.
You know, catch up.
整个世界仿佛陷入了一种…
It just turned into one of those…
狂野的状态
… wild things…
于是我们离开饭店.
…and we closed the restaurant.
之后…
And then…
经过一番长谈之后,很快
我们就在月光下尽享鱼水之欢了.
… we took a long walk and pretty soon
we were making out in the moonlight.
瞧, 我都起鸡皮疙瘩.
Look, I got goosebumps.
– 外祖母知道这事儿了吗?
– 是的.
– Does Grandma know?
– Yeah.
她怎么看?
What does she think?
她坦然接受.
She’s fine about it.
是爸爸让你通知我的吗?
Was Dad planning
on letting me know about this?
不. 他想让我提前告诉你.
我们希望你能参加我俩的婚礼.
No. He wanted me to tell you first.
And we want you to come to the wedding.
谢了.
Thanks.
你的语气很奇怪.
That’s an odd response.
妈, 你总得给我些时间吧.
Well, Mom, give me a minute here.
你一直以来都在向我灌输:
“你父亲是个混♥蛋♥”
You can’t expect me to make an instant switch
after telling me my whole life…
你不能指望我立即接受现在的局面.
…what an asshole my dad is.
亲爱的,他是个混♥蛋♥,我也是.
Honey, he was. And so was I.
但是我们都原谅对方了.
But we’ve forgiven each other.
如果你们20年前就原谅彼此不是更好吗?
It would’ve been nice if you had done
this forgiving thing 20 years ago.
我们当时做不到. 我们需要时间来变得成熟.
We couldn’t. We had to grow up a lot.
在我和你一起生活的时候,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!