有些愿望应该许…
There are some things you should wish for…
有些则不应该许
…and some things you shouldn’t.
我弟弟弗兰克这么对我说
That’s what my little brother Frankie told me.
他告诉我只能许三个愿望
He told me I only had just three wishes.
我注视着他的眼睛
And I looked in his eyes.
我不知道,为什么会听信于他
And I don’t know why I believed him.
记住,我们是在度假,好吗? – 别拍了,克里丝蒂,亲爱的
Remember, we’re on holiday, all right? – Knock it off, Christy, love.
请出示护照 – 我们是来度假的!
Passports, please. – We’re on holidays!
是吗,小姑娘? – 对啊,我爸爸不工作了
Are you, little girl? – Yes. And my dad’s not working.
到美国来干嘛的?
What are your purposes in visiting the U.S.?
度假
We’re on holidays.
你们在加拿大呆了多久? – 只是稍作逗留
How long have you been in Canada? – Just visiting.
听我妈妈和爸爸讲…
Listening to my mom and dad…
我们是在加拿大买♥♥的车
We got the car in Canada.
…我害怕我们跨越不了国界
…I was scared we weren’t gonna get across the border.
如果我没有和弗兰克讲话 我们又怎么会踏上美国的土地呢?
And if I didn’t talk to Frankie, how were we going to get into America?
“拜托,弗兰克,拜托
“Please, Frankie. Please.
“拜托帮帮我们.”我那样说到
“Please help us,” I said.
你们有几个孩子? – 三个
How many children do you have? – Three.
两个
Two.
两个
Two.
上面写着三个? – 有一个死掉了
It says three here. – We lost one.
你叫什么,小姑娘? – 艾瑞尔
What’s your name, little girl? – Ariel.
你呢?
And who are you?
她叫克里丝蒂
She’s Christy.
你多大了,克里丝蒂? – 她10岁了
What age are you, Christy? – She’s 10.
欢迎来到美国 – 非常感谢
Welcome to America. – Thanks very much.
就这样,我第一个愿望就算用掉了
And that was my first wish used up.
但是我还有两个
But I still had two left.
曼哈顿未到声先到
We heard Manhattan before we ever saw it.
千奇百怪的声音四面涌来
A thousand strange voices coming from everywhere.
你不会相信…
And you’re not going to believe this…
我们必须经由水下,才能进城
…but we had to go under the water to get to the city.
不,我发誓,真是个外星人
No, I swear it. It was a real alien.
我们失去了与外界的接触
And we lost contact with everything.
就像是到了另一个星球
It was like we were on another planet.
…60年代、70年代、80年代 以及90年代的经典作品…
classics from the ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s–
我们找遍了曼哈顿所有能暂居的地方…
We looked all over Manhattan for a place to live…
最后终于找到了一个地方 这地方老有人在惊呼狂叫
…until finally we found the house of the man who screams.
你在用摄像机拍什么,小姑娘?
What are you doing with the camera, little girl?
你们是警♥察♥吗? – 什么?
You the police? – What?
当心手
Fingers.
你们是警♥察♥吗? – 不,我们是爱尔兰人
Are you the police? – No, we’re Irish.
所有爱尔兰人都是警♥察♥ – 我们就不是
All Irish are police. – We’re not.
我们现在就住在这儿吗?
Are we going to live here now?
你们想住在这栋房♥子里? – 是的
You’re gonna live in here in this building? – Yeah.
好吧,看着车,帕珀会把车看好的
All right. Keep an eye on the car. Papo’s gonna keep you safe now.
好吗?进来吧,欢迎来到你们的新居
All right? Come on in. Welcome to your new mansion.

Come on.
看,有电梯!
Look, a lift!
电梯早就坏了,来这边
That hasn’t worked forever. Come on.
现在我们要住在这儿? – 是的
Are we going to live here now? – Yeah.
为什么? – 没有其他地方能收容我们
Why? – Nowhere else will take us.
为什么? – 在曼哈顿不需要小孩
Why? – They don’t want kids in Manhattan.
为什么? – 因为它叫曼(大人)哈顿
Why? – Why do you think it’s called “Man”hattan?
(滚开)
帕珀,别再上来了,老兄
Papo, don’t come any further, man.
别紧张,托尼,是我啊
Relax, Tony. it’s just me.
我知道是谁,下楼回你房♥间去
I know who it is. Go back downstairs to your apartment.
我很无辜啊,老兄,我是领这家人去看看空房♥
I’m clean, man. I’m showing this family the empty apartment.
不行,帕珀 – 行了
No way, Papo. – All right.
好了,帕珀,就带我们到这儿吧
All right, Papo. We’ll take over from here.
为什么有人在叫? – 可能是见到鬼了
Why does he scream? – Maybe he sees ghosts.
这房♥里闹鬼?
Is this a haunted house?
就像是诺克斯堡 – 酷!
It’s like Fort Knox. – Cool.
你在哪儿学的这个? – 什么?
Where did you learn that? – What?
“酷!” – 我听你说的而已
“Cool.” – I just heard it.
你现在就开始学美国人了,真恶心
You’re American already. It’s disgusting.
比谁先进去,克里丝蒂 – 真是奇大无比!
Race you in, Christy. – It’s huge!
是啊,真大
I know. It’s enormous.
这间是我的房♥间 – 是很大,姑娘们
This is my room. – It’s big, girls.
这是我的房♥间 – 我要睡上面
This is my room. – I get top bunk.
瞧,爸爸,房♥间中♥央♥有个浴缸
Look, Dad. There’s a bath in the middle of the room.
有鸽子!艾瑞尔,快看
There’s pigeons! Ariel, look at this.
真是个卑陋的地方 – 整理一下就会好的
It’s a bit of a hole. – It’ll be fine when we do it up.
这得花很多钱,莎拉
It’ll cost us, Sarah.
我们怎么付这笔钱呢?
How are we gonna pay for this place?
把车卖♥♥了
We’ll sell the car.
你还好吗? – 是的,还好
Are you okay? – Yeah, good.
是吗? – 我很好
Are you? – I’m great.
是吗?
Are you?
爸爸? – 什么?
Dad? – What?
我们别赶走鸽子好吗?
Can we keep the pigeons?
爸爸,我们让鸽子留着好吗?…
Dad, can we keep the pigeons?
不行,我们必须赶走它们
No, we have to leave them go.
好像我们所有的问题都不翼而飞了
It seemed like all our problems were flying away.
爸爸,要我帮忙吗? – 去问问你妈妈吧
Dad, can I help? – Go and ask your mom.
妈妈,要我帮忙吗? – 怎么不去滑旱冰呢?
Mom, can I help? – Why don’t you go on your skates?
在这儿我能滑得更快了
I’ll fast forward through this bit.
艾瑞尔结识了所有的邻里
Ariel got to know everybody in the neighbourhood.
妈妈没能找到教书的工作
My mom couldn’t get a job teaching.
于是便到了冰激凌店工作 这样爸爸就可以去试镜了
So she got a job in the ice-cream parlor so Dad could go to auditions.
我的确很喜欢这个角色
I really like the character.
你叫我回来我感到很高兴
I’m glad you asked me back.
我只是想说我真的非常高兴
I just wanna say I’m real pleased about that.
他看过文尼的那部分吗?
Has he looked at the part of Vinny?
那个纽约的家伙吗?他有些老套
The New York guy? He’s a bit of a stereotype.
但如果你想要他来,叫他好了
But if you want him, you got him.
你能讲伦敦口音吗?
Can you do a London accent?
你开玩笑吧?那就只有两行台词
You having a laugh? He’s only got two lines.
你要我来这儿就是为了衬托你?
Do you want me to come up there and sort you out?
你感觉他还行吗? – 不错
Do you like him? – Yeah.
演技比口音更为重要
But acting’s about more than just accents.
我想让你来演,但你一定得让我满意
I wanted to cast you. But you’ve got to give me much more.
明白吗?
Don’t you understand?
放松情绪,气沉丹田
Get it out of your head. It’s from here and from here.
再给我一次机会吧
Just give me one more chance.
但他们没有再给他机会
But he didn’t get another chance.
然后,就到了夏天,伴随着酷热
And then summer came. And with it, the heat.
还伴随着一个新单词:潮湿
And a new word: humidity.
爸爸,还是不行 – 等等
Dad, it’s still not working. – Wait.
太热了
It’s too hot.
喷头仍然没有水流出来 – 先等等
It’s still not coming through the holes. – Hang on there.
等等
Wait.
来了…
It’s coming.
有了有了
It’s working.
太好了,爸爸,太凉爽了 – 我爱你
Well done, Dad. It’s lovely and cold. – I love you.
艾瑞尔,爸爸要去试镜
Ariel, Dad has an audition.
爸爸! – 什么?
Dad! – What?
你在干什么? – 在看剧本
What are you doing? – I’m reading my scripts.
嗯? – 我在背我的台词
Why? – Because I’m learning my lines.
爸爸,我们可以一直就在这儿吗?
Dad, can we stay here all day?
爸爸,美国真好 – 太棒了
Dad, America’s okay. – Great.
爸爸? – 什么?
Dad? – What?
没什么
Nothing.
我们这是在这儿干什么?…
What are we doing here?
爸爸,艾瑞尔不舒服
Dad, Ariel’s upset.
她在浴缸里呆得太久了 – 怎么了?
She’s been too long in the bath. – What’s wrong with you?
我的脚没了知觉 – 什么?
My feet are like prunes. – What?
脚没了知觉
They’re like prunes.
噢,上帝,你妈妈呢?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!