what science has provided,
采用一些已有科学佐证的疗法
Is it asking too much to use just a bit of
我们注定要身处医学变革当中
We’re meant to be in the midst of a medical revolution.
现在已经是1880年了
I mean, this is the 1880s.
太平间就设在医院旁边可真不是个巧合
It’s no coincidence that the morgues are placed adjacent to the hospitals.
跟你说 埃德蒙 英国的医术绝对是在害人
I tell you, Edmund. The healing arts in England are positively lethal.
你该不会又被解雇了吧
You haven’t been sacked again, have you?
噢 不
Oh no.
啊…
Ahhh…
你好啊
Hello.
你的用处可不是这个喔
Now, that is not what you’re supposed to do.

Ow!
你们 怎么停下来了
You. Why have you stopped?
有空我会研究下的
I’ll try the study.
这是火灾隐患啊 这才是这些玩意儿的本质
It’s a fire hazard, that’s what it is.
我会收拾我的行李…还有这些电气设备
I’d pack my bags, and all this electrical equipment.
要不是那样爱他的父母 我才不会留下来
If I didn’t love his parents so, I would never stay.
我所知道的就是我得日日夜夜的负责收♥货♥
Guests at all hours. Mad parties. Deliveries day and night.
我怎会知道 先生
I wouldn’t know, sir.
早安 科普兰夫人 请问埃德蒙在吗
Good day, Mrs. Copeland. Is Edmund in?
噢…
Whoa!
该死的老古董
Bloody dinosaur.
我们达成共识了 格兰维尔
we agree, Granville.
终于…
At long last,
哈哈哈哈哈
(laughing)
仅仅是因为你对最新的科学不屑一顾
just because you can’t be bothered to read the latest science.
我不能站在这儿看着你害死你的病人
I won’t stand here and watch you murder your patients,
除了能引起胃部痉挛 它们一无是处
They will do nothing but bring on stomach cramps.
比克曼药毫无价值
Beekman’s pills are rubbish.
为保险起见 再给她些比克曼药
and give her Beekman’s pills for insurance.
照我说的做
Do as you’re told,
你看看她 榨萝卜的汁都比她的血多
Look… look at her, man! You’ll get more blood out of a turnip.
把绷带缠回去 再放一品脱的血
Put back that bandage and bleed a pint.
我受够了你的胆小怕事
I’ve had quite enough of your impertinence.
当她因血液感染而死的时候呢
When the rot spreads to her blood and kills her?
当你截肢的时候…
When you amputate?
生了坏疽的时候 你还能这样镇定吗
when the leg putrefies and become gangrenous?
等到腿部化脓
Will you remain calm,
这些才是现代医学的关键
These are the keys to modern medicine.
有关情绪安抚…以及定期放血的研究
A steady air of calm reassurance and regular bleeding.
不 我们不需要那些了 非常感谢
No, we won’t be needing those. Thank you very much.
闭嘴 格兰维尔
-Pipe, Granville.
最近所有的期刊…
All the latest journals…
一派胡言 可李斯特已经证明了
Poppycock? But Lister has proved it.
现在给我住口 你这是在恐吓患者
Now, stop speaking of it. You’re frightening the patients.
细菌理论是一派胡言 格兰维尔
Germ theory is poppycock, Granville.
肮脏的绷带是细菌的天堂
Soiled bandages are a haven for germs.
我记得我特意叮嘱过护士别换绷带的
Are you aware I specifically told the nurse not to change these bandages?
格兰维尔
-Granville.
给每个人都开比克曼药
no matter the ailment…
而且不论什么病症…
and it would be Beekman’s pills for everybody,
用生锈的手术锯进行手术
we’d perform surgery in the sewer using rusty saws,
那个白♥痴♥理查森这样治病就好像在下水道里…
If that oaf Richardson had this way,
说实话…
Honestly…
好的 医生
Yes, Doctor.
帮我拿一烧杯的石碳酸溶液和新绷带来
just fetch me a beaker of carbolic acid solution and a fresh bandage.
拜托了
Please,
它们是不可见的
They’re invisible.
你看不见它们的
You can’t see them.
我不觉得我有那些
I don’t think I have those.
感染
infections.
引起疼痛 发热
causing pain, fever,
细菌 是一种极小的生物 能侵入人体
Germs. They’re tiny creatures that invade the body,
感染 由进入伤口的…细菌引起的
Infection. It’s caused by germs entering the wound.
-什么症 -败血症
-What ‘sis’? -Sepsis.
我们一定要保持伤口清洁 以防患上败血症
No, we must keep the wound clean to prevent sepsis.
他疯了吗 不是…
Is he mad?
理查森医生跟我说…别浪费物资
Dr. Richardson told me not to waste supplies.
我告诉过你了 请给病人清创然后换上新的绷带
I asked you to clean this wound and put on fresh bandages.
护士
Nurse,
但就是有…
but, well, there they are.
我想我这种岁数不该还有这种感觉了…
I should have thought I’m far, far too old for these kinds of feelings,
加上我亲爱的艾里斯特已经过世两年了…
Well, and with my dear Allister gone, it’s two years now I…
听见没 唱不出来
You see? Nothing.
当我张开嘴…
I open my mouth…
心情不好我没法唱歌♥
I cannot sing from the sadness.
你怎能受得了英国这样的天气
How do you bear it, this English weather?
饥渴
Hungering.
期待的感觉…
expectation.
一种…呃…
A feeling of, um,
就是种感觉 每天涌现好几次
It’s just a feeling that comes over me many, many times a day.
把他那肥大的秃头给劈开
with a great, large axe.
用一把大斧头
splitting his fat, bald head
我想象着自己…
I imagine myself
会发生在我身上
and he comes to me,
有时在夜里…
Sometimes at night,
就是…只有…一件事情
There was just… one thing.
然后…
Uh…
他是个好人 工作非常努力
he’s a good man; a very hard worker.
至于我丈夫…
and my husband,
但他们都是很棒很棒的孩子
but they’re wonderful, wonderful children,
养育四个孩子也让人精疲力尽
and raising four children is exacting,
当然 单靠一人操持一大家子是很艰难
Well, of course, it’s difficult running a large household by oneself,
真不知道我来这儿干嘛 医生
I truly don’t even know why I’m here, Doctor.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章宵禁
下一篇文章五支歌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!