My Lord.
请允许我介绍 这位是罗伯特·达尔林普尔医生
May I present, Dr. Robert Dalrymple.
我还以为他已经不在了呢
I thought he was dead.
他是我父亲
That’s my father.
这位先生是
Who is this man?
也是 她精力充沛着呢
By Jove, she’s a live one.
嫁给埃德蒙
Marry Edmund?
比起格兰维尔医生 我宁愿嫁给埃德蒙
I would rather marry Edmund than Dr. Granville.
这是场误会
There’s a misunderstanding.
噢…不不不
Oh… Oh… no, no.
记得偶尔也让让他 亲爱的
Do remember to let him win once in a while, my dear.
-在于学会享受争辩 -没错
-is the ability to enjoy a good argument. -Yes.
你们很快便能找到婚姻幸福的关键
You’ll soon find that the key to a happy marriage
致新人
A toast to the happy couple.
他们就爱让你等个没完 亲爱的
Don’t want to keep the love of your life waiting, my dear.
-给我快点 -是 医生
Get a move on!
噢 快点啊 该死的
Oh, hurry up. Damn you.
我还没见着他 不过我相信他马上就到了
I’ve not seen him, but I’m sure he’ll be here soon.
不 我父亲还健在 谢谢
No, my father is quite well, thank you.
他今晚来吗 还是 他也已随你母亲去了
Will he be here or is he dead, as well?
那你父亲呢
What about your father?
看来我们没在她身上浪费邀请名额
I trust we didn’t waste an invitation on her.
不 其实我母亲已经过世了 伯爵大人
No, my mother is, in fact, dead, my Lord.
今晚你母亲也会来吗
And will your mother be joining us this evening?
噢 谢谢 是我母亲的
Oh, thank you. They were my mother’s.
耳环真漂亮
What lovely earrings.
谢谢
Thank you.
你让我们感到骄傲 每一天都如此
You make us proud each and every day.
我们真为你高兴 莫蒂默
We cannot be happier for you, Mortimer.
我喜欢假日布丁
I love a good Sunday pudding.
真高兴见到你 亲爱的
So pleased to meet you, my dear.
在下是夏洛特·假日布丁·达尔林普尔 伯爵
Charlotte “Sunday pudding” Dalrymple.
圣·约翰·史密斯伯爵与他夫人
Lord and Lady St. John Smythe.
达尔林普尔小姐 这是我的监护人
Miss Dalrymple, my guardians.
达尔林普尔小姐
Miss Dalrymple.
请允许我介绍 这位是…
may I present
圣·约翰·史密斯伯爵夫妇
Lord and Lady St. John Smythe,
-变成…-有人提到了假日布丁
Does someone say Sunday pudding?
直至我的脑子变得像假日布丁一样的日子
until my mental faculties become Sunday pudding.
但是 我不过那种整日缝补 不断做家务…
but, not for me a life of darning socks, and doing chores
我会找另一半的 平等的另一半
I would take a partner, an equal,
我又不是”多数女性” 你不会感觉到寂寞吗
Oh, I’m not most women. Won’t you be lonely?
换成你 你会满足吗
Would it be enough for you?
对我来说就是不够 对多数女性而言亦然
It’s simply not enough for me, or for most women.
这能让某些笨蛋非常开心
You can make some halfwit very happy.
交易 要我说 就干些愚蠢的家务还和笨蛋约会
Bargain? For us, it’s mindless housework and doting on some halfwit.
你们男人在这场交易中占的确有优势
you men really did get the best side of the bargain.
对此我感到抱歉 但你必须得承认…
and I apologize for that, but you must admit,
是啊 是有点儿…
Yes, yes,
表达你重要观点的机会
as an opportunity to deliver your opinion on marriage?
借我的订婚宴会来当作…
to use my engagement party
有点讽刺吧 你不觉得么
Faintly ironic, don’t you think,
去问你的患者啊
ask your patients.
听着 你要是不相信我
Look, if you don’t believe me,
貌似对丈夫的意见很大
for a woman who doesn’t have one.
你作为一名未婚女性
You seem to have strong opinions on husbands
或者不能够较好地 较频繁的与她们做♥爱♥
or unable to make love to them properly, or often enough.
而那些恪守陈规且自私的丈夫们不愿意…
and their prudish and selfish husbands who are unwilling
那些女人 被迫毕生将精力耗在家庭琐事上…
Women, forced to spend their lives on domestic chores,
未获满足的女性的总称
for dissatisfied women.
-这又不是我…-这不过是个…
-It’s not my… -It’s nothing more than a catch-all
从失眠到牙疼
from insomnia to toothache.
照你们的诊断 什么都能归结为歇斯底里症
according to your diagnosis, hysteria seems to cover everything,
我想说的是…
but my point is,
当然了 不是么 别故弄玄虚了
Indeed it does, and it’s a bargain at a guinea,
这完全是刺♥激♥神经系统的医疗手段
It is strictly a medical treatment that stimulates the nervous system.
这与快♥感♥无关
Physical pleasure has nothing to do with it.
哪怕来之不易
even if it can be long to come by.
女人和男人一样享受快♥感♥
that women enjoy physical pleasure just as much as men,
格兰维尔医生 我向你保证…
Dr. Granville, I can assure you
整洁
clean.
我原本要说…
I was going to say…
盛装打扮
Formally attired?
只是我从未见过你这么…
I just never seen you so…
不 没有…
No, no.
有何不妥
Something wrong?
恭喜 相信你能令我妹妹无比开心
Congratulations. I’m sure you’ll make my sister very happy.
格兰维尔医生 晚上好
Dr. Granville, good evening.
达尔林普尔小姐
Miss Dalrymple.
恕我失陪了 女士们
Will you excuse me, ladies?
夏洛特·达尔林普尔小姐
Miss Charlotte Dalrymple.
达尔林普尔小姐到
Miss Dalrymple.
你无疑是全伦敦最幸运的人了
No doubt, you’re the luckiest man in all of London.
放开我
Get of me!
那好 我锁门了
Right. I’m locking the gate.
可我没钱
But I don’t have it!
加上利息一共两百磅 不然我们就封门了
Two hundred pounds, plus interest, or we lock the gate.
把她弄出来
Get her out of there.
噢 抱歉 我们要关门了
Oh, I’m sorry. We’re closing.
莫蒂默·格兰维尔医生到
Dr. Mortimer Granville.

Bye.
我想我会的
Do you know? I think I will.
去吧 好好享受今晚
Go, and have a lovely evening.
还有 噢…厨房♥的蜡烛还燃着呢
and, oh, I left a candle lit in the kitchen.
别忘了锁门
So, don’t forget to chain the gate,
致 圣·约翰·史密斯伯爵夫妇
诚邀您参加莫蒂默·格兰维尔医生与 艾米丽·达尔林普尔小姐的订婚晚宴
好样的
Well done.
棒极了
Bravo!
今天就让自己恢复粉红色的健康吧
达尔林普尔医生的电动震动按♥摩♥治疗法
感觉还好吗 卡斯特拉里夫人
Everything all right, Mrs. Castellari?
你马上便能适应的
you’ll soon get used to it.
卡斯特拉里夫人 不过不必惊慌
Mrs. Castellari, but don’t be alarmed,
一开始会有点异样感
It’s a little surprising at first,
他也将参与这次治疗 不介意吧
He’ll be attending, as well, if that’s alright?
他是我的助理 负责电气部分
That is, my electrical assistant.
这位先生是埃德蒙·圣…
This is Mr. Edmund St…
我相信你 医生
I’ll trust you, Dottore.
我特意为您准备了这次治疗 免费的
I’m prepared to offer you this gratis.
由于上次让您那么不满…
and, since you were so unsatisfied last time,
哪怕比上不足 比下也有余
any treatment you’ve had before,
我坚信这按♥摩♥器较您之前接受过的治疗而言…
I have full confidence that the machine will equal, if not better,
我不好说…
I don’t know.
电动按♥摩♥
Electric massage?
你得换本更大的预约簿咯
You’re going to need a bigger appointment book.
惊声尖叫 怎么样
What about “The Squealer”?
-兴奋大♥师♥ -威猛先生
-The Excitetator. -Mr. Wobble-neck.
噢 魔幻之徒
Oh! The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
高♥潮♥大♥师♥
-Paroxysmator.
咯吱咯吱
Jiggly-Wiggly?
震动器
-The Vibratorium.
摩擦棍
The Rubby-Nubby.
但要是患者感觉不适 算在你们头上
but if she comes to harm, on your head be it.
那好吧 就试一次
Very well. One test case,
你刚才说 五分钟内三次高♥潮♥
Three paroxysms in five minutes, you say?
不仅日进斗金 还将名声大振
Not just money, fame.
所有的名声都会是您的
all credit goes to you.
若我们能使您半数的患者如愿以偿
If we achieve half as much of your patients,
相信我们正濒临某项变革 先生
I believe we are on the verge of something revolutionary, sir.
在我看来 任何变革都益处无多
Yes, well, in my opinion, change is rarely beneficial.
歇斯底里症之苦的女性为始更好
whom we know suffer so from hysteria?
还有哪里 能比在这儿以这些饱受

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章宵禁
下一篇文章五支歌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!