Anything else, Mr. Squyers?
即在我父亲家担任女佣之前 曾是
as a maid, in my father’s house.
在她找到能赚钱的工作之前…
She has since found gainful employment,
她是名妓♥女♥ 曾经是名妓♥女♥
she is a prostitute. She was a prostitute.
是我朋友 莫莉…
My friend, Molly,
不 那不是我
No, that was not me.
1879年10月 教唆罪
October 1879, solicitation.
恐怕还有 法官大人
I’m afraid there is, Your Honour.
还有吗
Is there more?
我要怎么对他提出的指控进行辩解呢
his accusation if you won’t let me speak?
您要是不让我发言
Well, how am I to defend myself against
你只有在被提问时才能发言 达尔林普尔小姐
You will speak only when questioned, Miss Dalrymple.
不 不是那样的
No. That is not true.
“激烈的反抗”
most violently.”
“她进行了反抗”
she resisted
“最终我们试图给她戴上手铐时…”
“When finally we did try to place her in handcuffs,
“跳来跳去地大吼大叫”
to shout and jump about.”
“于是她开始…”
whereupon she started
“我们要求达尔林普尔小姐离开广场”
“Miss Dalrymple was asked to leave the square,
警官们的证词如下…
The officers’ sworn statements read:
就遭到了两名警官的逮捕
when two officers arrested me.
广场上派发妇女参政♥权♥论的传♥单♥…
suffragette leaflets in Trafalgar Square
法官大人 我当时只是在特拉法加
Your Honour, I was handing out
而且你还拒捕
and resisting arrest.
你因妨害公众安宁而被捕
on public nuisance,
去年四月…
You were arrested last April
这已经不是第一次了吧 达尔林普尔小姐
this isn’t a first offence, is it, Miss Dalrymple?
那么判处短期监禁足矣 但是…
then a short prison sentence might suffice, but
如果这只是初犯…
If this were a first offense,
袭击了一名正在执行公务的巡警
assaulted a police constable carrying out his duty.
在众目睽睽之下…
in full view of witnesses,
两周前 被告人夏洛特·达尔林普尔…
One fortnight ago, the defendant, Charlotte Dalrymple,
事实如下 法官大人
The facts are these, Your Honour.
本间法庭将进行决议
This court will come to order.
肃静 肃静
Order! Order!
只有那样才能免去她的牢狱之灾
That is the only thing that will keep her out of prison.
先生 他们会将她送去疗养院的
Sir, they will send her to a sanatorium.
她有歇斯底里症
That she’s hysterical.
-怎么作证 -实话实说啊
-And say what? -The truth.
你必须为她的行为作证
You must testify on her behalf.
您要我怎么做
What would you have me do?
求你了 她是我姐姐
Please, she’s my sister.
莫蒂默
Mortimer.
结果还不是这么糟
I’m at my wit’s end.
不论我以前对她来软的 还是来硬的…
I’ve tried indulging her. I’ve tried a firm hand.
没有但是 艾米丽
I’ve done nothing but, Emily.
但是我们得帮她
But we have to help her.
我完全没想到事情会发展成这样
I would never have imagined it would come to this.
东区革新者被控袭♥警♥
医生之女将受审
我靠 我是不是错过什么了
Damn! Did I miss something?
我说 让我过去
I said, let me by!
让我过去
Let me by!
我们能不能文明点处理这件事
If we could just discuss this like civilized men.
拜托了 夏洛特
Please, Charlotte!
住手 她受伤了
Please stop. She’s hurt.
我什么也没做
I haven’t done anything wrong.
那我可不清楚 但我清楚的是她不能留在这儿
I don’t know that, sir, but I do know she’s not staying.
我是名医生 我相信这位女士急需就医
I’m a doctor. I believe this woman needs medical attention.
我们会处理好的
We’ve got this under control.
让我来吧
Let me handle this.
你们不能对她这么粗暴
Do not manhandle her!
-别碰她 -这是私人宴会
-Leave her. -This is a private party.
麻烦 请让一让
Make way, please.
你居然要我顾及这场宴会
You want me to consider a party?
宴会 她伤成这样还在流血
Party? She’s bruised and bleeding.
这是你妹妹的订婚宴会
This is your sister’s engagement party.
-夏洛特 -流氓
-Charlotte. -Of a villain!
这是流氓的做法
These are the actions of a villain.
而且我将关闭救助站 你也不会再欠债…
and I’m closing down the settlement house. You no longer have any debt…
我从赫德尔斯顿先生那儿买♥♥下了借据
I purchased the note from Mr. Huddleston,
你做了什么
What are you doing?
我这么做只是为你好
I’m simply doing what’s best for you.
夏洛特 冷静点
Charlotte, calm down.
爸爸
Father?
借据不在我手上了 夏洛特 在你父亲那里
I no longer hold the note, Charlotte. Your father does.
您说过 宽限是周一的
You gave us until Monday.
赫德尔斯顿先生 这是怎么回事
Mr. Huddleston, what’s the meaning of this?
他们来要钱了 我跟他们说我没有…
They came for the money. I told them that I didn’t have it…
告诉我 出生么事了
Tell me! What happened?
抓住她
Arrest her!
-夏洛特 夏洛特小姐 -站住 你不能去那里
-Charlotte! Miss Charlotte! -Stop! You can’t go in there!
神啊 救救我们吧
Lord save us.
庆祝即将到来的婚礼
to celebrate the impending nuptials…
杰出的英国家族 都欢聚在像这样的大堂里
great English families have gathered in halls such as these,
有史以来…
Throughout history,
该死
Bugger.
我相信她会同意的
I’m sure she would have approved.
势在必行
You do what you must.
是 曾经是
Yes, they were.
可那是你母亲的
They were your mother’s.
所以今晚是与它们共度的最后一晚了
So this is my last night with them.
明天就到期了
which is due tomorrow.
这对耳环是为救助站贷款的抵押品
These earrings are security against a loan for the settlement house
刚才的对话有点怪
That was a little odd.
不好意思
I’m sorry.
容我们失陪一下
You’ll have to excuse us.
看来你们终究还是要取回这对耳环
Looks as though you are going to be getting these earrings, after all.
-很高兴见到你 -真荣幸
-Very nice to meet you. -Charmed.
有所耳闻
Not personally.
赫德尔斯顿夫人 您认识格兰维尔医生吗
Mrs. Huddleston, do you know Dr. Granville?
晚上好 赫德尔斯顿先生
Good evening, Mr. Huddleston.
噢 赫德尔斯顿夫妇 来 让我来给你介绍
Oh, Mr. And Mrs. Huddleston! Come, let me introduce you.
我也是
So do I.
我看不起做生意的
I despise business.
当然了 专利费相当可观
For a very generous royalty, of course.
我们正向全伦敦的医生派发这仪器的许可证
We are licensing this machine to doctors all over London.
颅相学好比性格的寻宝图…
if one is properly trained.
对于受过适当训练的人而言
Phrenology is a treasure map to the personality,
跟我们说说你的多才多艺
He failed to tell us how widely accomplished you are.
莫蒂默太谦虚了
Mortimer was so modest.
还有颅相学
-Phrenology. -My!
音乐 我还喜欢看书
Music, I enjoy reading,
你有什么兴趣爱好
What are your interests?
是啊 是挺好的
Yes. Yes, it is.
多好的宴会
Lovely party.
跟我说说 你是怎么认识我们的小莫蒂默的
And tell me how you met our young Mortimer.
您真可爱
Delightful.
-向左转 医生 -什么
Port, Doctor?
-好啊 -失陪了
-Oh, yes! -Excuse us.
我们去走走
Shall we do the once-around?
花了好久才梳起来呢
It took ever so long to get it up there.
噢 是吗
Oh, do you think so?
你的发型真大胆 艾米丽
Your hair is most adventurous, Emily.
没关系
That’s quite alright.
真抱歉我们来晚了
I do apologize for being so late.
达尔林普尔小姐
Miss Dalrymple.
-很高兴见到你 医生 -夫人您好
-How very nice to meet you, Doctor. -My Lady
没关系啦 亲爱的
Never mind, dear.
未婚妻 我还以为…
Fianc閑? But I thought…
这位是我的未婚妻 艾米丽·达尔林普尔
And this is my fianc閑, Emily Dalrymple.
伯爵大人您好

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章宵禁
下一篇文章五支歌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!