instead of leeching and bleeding people, and cutting them up to no purpose.
你是位好医生 你应该一直这样
you are a good doctor, and you should remain one,
莫蒂默·格兰维尔
Mortimer Granville,
新的职业生涯时 我会考虑的
Something to meditate on while I consider a new career.
真是个有趣的邀约 等我开始
That’s an interesting offer.
我想 你可能还是乐意的
I suppose I now owe you my uterus.
格兰维尔医生
Dr. Granville.
达尔林普尔小姐
Miss Dalrymple.
把她带下去
Take her.
日后三思而后行
to think most carefully, and act most cautiously in the future.
并且希望你…
and I admonish you
三十天的监禁
thirty days in prison,
我判处你
I sentence you to
由于袭击一名执行公务的警官
for striking a police officer in the course of his duty,
达尔林普尔小姐
Miss Dalrymple,
我不愿破例
a policeman’s safety is concerned.
鉴于保全警♥察♥的安全
I am loathe to offer precedent where
均有那样的情况 不过…
On the other matter, however,
包括我夫人在内
My wife included.
这意味着英格兰半数的女性
suggest to me most of the women in England.
思维古怪 逻辑矛盾的女性都关起来
the whimsy in logic collide, which would
按您的说法 我们得将每一位…
By your reasoning, we should lock up every female in
证据不足
wanting.
我认为您在此案中对于被告患有歇斯底里症的指控
I find your case for hysteria
思戈尔斯先生
Mr. Squyers,
没法简单地定论
there are no easy answers.
夏洛特·达尔林普尔一案
In the case of Charlotte Dalrymple,
世界已经为她打破了陈规
I think they must have broken the mould.
有幸的是…
Fortunately for all of us,
第二个夏洛特·达尔林普尔了
for more than one Charlotte Dalrymple.
我同意 也许世上容不下…
I grant you, there may not be room in the world
国家承受不起这样的损失
she can ill afford to spare.
英格兰将失去一位无私奉献的非凡女性
and England will lose a devoted and singular woman
关起来任人动刀…
is locked away and butchered,
但若将达尔林普尔小姐
but great harm may still be done if Miss Dalrymple
巡警并未受重伤
the constable suffered no grave injury,
法官大人
Your Honour,
请再说一遍 医生
I beg your pardon, Doctor…
或者较频繁的做♥爱♥
Or often enough.
与她们较好地…
to make love to them properly.
不愿意或是不能够…
unwilling or unable
而那些恪守陈规且自私的丈夫…
and selfish, prudish husbands who are
毕生将精力耗在家庭琐事上
forced to spend their life tending to domestic chores
对女性诊断的一个总称 那些女人被迫…
a catch-all diagnosis for women without opportunity,
纯粹是…
It’s nothing but a…
歇斯底里症实属子虚乌有
that hysteria is a fiction.
以我专业的角度来看…
it is my professional opinion
以及充分考虑之后
and considerable reflection,
在咨♥询♥过我的患者…
after consulting with my patients
是这样的…
Well, you see,
您不将其归为歇斯底里症吗
Would you not characterize that as hysterical?
甚至有暴♥力♥倾向
even physically aggressive.
反复无常
volatile,
医生 您刚才还起誓说她是情绪多变…
Doctor, you have just sworn that she is erratic,
而是个真正的基♥督♥徒
woman that I have ever met.
最无私的女人
selfless, and truly Christian
我所见过最慷慨 最富同情心
the most generous, compassionate,
达尔林普尔小姐 同时也是…
Miss Dalrymple is also
其实我还没说完
I wasn’t quite finished.
立即进行子♥宫♥切除
for immediate surgical hysterectomy.
且进一步建议…
with a further recommendation
刑事精神病中心候审
to the Chelmsford Institute for the Criminally Insane,
将夏洛特·达尔林普尔关押在
that Charlotte Dalrymple be remanded
我认为 我必须建议…
I find that I must recommend
法官大人 基于这一证词
Your Honour, based on this evidence,
谢谢您 医生
Thank you, Doctor.
她也是我所见过的 最令人苦恼的女人
She is also the most vexing woman I have ever met.
偶有暴♥力♥倾向
and, at times, physically aggressive.
反复无常
and volatile,
情绪多变
erratic,
夏洛特·达尔林普尔…
Charlotte Dalrymple is…
毫无疑问…
Without a doubt,
您会如何形容达尔林普尔小姐的行为
how would you describe Miss Dalrymple’s behaviour?
作为一名歇斯底里症的专家
as an expert in the field of hysteria,
从您专业的角度来说 医生
Now, in your professional opinion, Doctor,
达尔林普尔小姐病症的顽固性
the persistence of Miss Dalrymple’s problem.
我们已经阐明了…
We have already addressed the…
谢谢您 医生
Thank you, Doctor.
但只限于最严重 最顽固的病例
but only in the most severe, most persistent cases.
按传统来说 是这样没错
Traditionally, yes,
是 没错
Well, yes.
请回答 格兰维尔医生
Please answer the question, Dr. Granville.
需要被控制 且接受子♥宫♥切除术
demand institutionalization and surgical hysterectomy?
那些无药可治的歇斯底里症…
that incurable cases of hysteria
请问这是否属实 格兰维尔医生
Is it true, Dr. Granville,
近来几乎无人不满
we’ve had few complaints of late.
疗效不错吧 我想
And always good results, I trust?
无疑有数百名
Hundreds, certainly.
在这个职位上 您治疗过多少位女性患者
And in this capacity, how many women have you treated?
被确诊患有歇斯底里症的女性患者
of treating women diagnosed with hysteria.
我是名医生 主要工作是治疗那些
I’m a medical doctor whose practice consists
能否跟我们说说您的工作经验
if you wouldn’t mind just telling us a little of your professional experience.
不过
But,
我相信大家都听说过您 医生
Now, I’m sure we all, are well aware of your celebrity, Doctor.
莫蒂默·格兰维尔
Mortimer Granville.
请说出你的名字
State your name.
明白
It will.
完全属实 愿上帝助你
the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you, God?
你的证言必须属实
The evidence you shall give shall be the truth,
法官大人
Your Honour.
莫蒂默·格兰维尔医生
Dr. Mortimer Granville.
请莫蒂默·格兰维尔出庭
Mortimer Granville, please.
如果法庭允许的话
if it please the court.
我要求传唤莫蒂默·格兰维尔医生
I would like to call Dr. Mortimer Granville,
继续说 思戈尔斯先生
Proceed, Mr. Squyers.
一位专家证人 法官大人
an expert witness, Your Honour.
为了支持我的观点 我想传唤…
To buttress my opinion, I would like to call
即 无药可治的歇斯底里症
that are best described as incurable hysteria.
不稳定的 具有攻击性与暴♥力♥的情绪所困
erratic, aggressive, and violent emotions
法官大人 夏洛特·达尔林普尔显然受…
Your Honour, Charlotte Dalrymple clearly suffers from
够了 达尔林普尔小姐
That’s enough, Miss Dalrymple.
也比二流国家好不到哪儿去
despite all her wealth.
即便再富有
will she be anything other than a second-class country
女性的价值与贡献
the worth and contributions of women,
除非英国能完全认识到…
Until England fully recognizes
当心点儿 达尔林普尔小姐 你又要开始发作了
Careful, Miss Dalrymple. Your symptoms are showing.
会变为同情 而后会绝望
to sympathy and then to despair.
我想你的讥笑 一开始…
I imagine that your mirth would turn first
你穿着我们的鞋 走上个一英里
walk for one mile in our shoes.
我倒是想看看…
I would like to see you
取笑女性的生活
to make fun of women’s lives?
噢 没错 再简单不过了 不是吗
Yes, it’s very easy, isn’t it,
接受高等教育 英国得花多少成本啊
should we extend a university education to all her women.
想象下 将她这样的女人都送入大学
One could only imagine the cost to England,
还有袭♥警♥的人
resisting arrest, and assaulting police officers.
貌似救助的包括那些卖♥♥淫的 拒捕的…
It seems that this help included prostitution,
的确很令人钦佩
Very admirable I’m sure.
慈善与怜悯之罪呢
of charity and compassion?
没了 就没了 那些…
No? Nothing else? What’s of the crime
没了 法官大人
No, Your Honour.
还有吗 思戈尔斯先生

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章宵禁
下一篇文章五支歌
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!