So, your average, garden-variety feminist…
但你们大多数都是普通的女权主义者
not that they like to be called that…
基础女权主义者
So, but your basic feminist
希望在现行的系统中
wants women to succeed on an equal basis
女性获得平等的基本权利
within the existing system, but
但是激进女性主义者会说:“废除父权体制
your radical feminist says, “Let’s throw out the patriarchy
摧毁统治体系 奋勇抗争到底”
destroy the whole system, start from scratch.”
她们抓住了把柄 因为父权体制
And they-they have a point because the patriarchy
留下了很糟糕的记录
uh, has a pretty awful track record.
希♥特♥勒♥ 成吉思汗 唐纳德·川普
Hitler or Genghis Khan, Donald Trump.
这些都是父权统治的代表人物
These are some of the great products of the patriarchy.
好吧 但是… 她们认为女性能做得更好吗
Okay, but uh… so they think women would do better?
是的 这就是问题 不是吗
Yeah, that’s the question, isn’t it?
我的意思 人类始终是人类
I mean, humans are human.
性别并不会改变什么
I don’t think gender makes so much difference.
如果是母系社会
If this had been a matriarchal history,
然后估计会有简·希♥特♥勒♥ 和…
then you’d have Jane Hitler, and…
也许… 桃乐丝可汗
maybe… Doris Khan.
还会有唐纳德·川普
Somehow still Donald Trump, I think.
我个人的看法是 这只是外加作业(美国使学生不致空闲而故意外加的作业)
Personally, I think it’s just busywork.
刚说的这几种人都在尝试解决
All these different groups of people trying to figure out
但是我们能解决所有问题吗
uh, how could we solve everything?
人性都是一样的
What’s the key to making humanity work?
人类文明史 无论你怎么分
Where really, civilization, no matter how you slice it, uh
不约而同都会是同一种混乱复杂的
it is a necessary, messy complex
古往今来一致的灾难
of barely coherent disaster
人类既热爱又讨厌对方
of people loving and hating each other,
既杀害又亲吻对方
murdering and kissing each other,
真诚而又虚伪 公平交易而又偷抢拐骗
telling stories and lies, buying and stealing from each other.
根本没什么解决之道
There is no solution.
对此我别无他想
And, uh, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
诗意来自于残缺
The great poetry comes from our flaws.
但这只是我个人的想法
But that’s just me.
你怎么想的呢
What do you think?
我? 嗯…
Me? Um…
我不知道
I don’t know.
你知道吗
You know what?
这是个非常诚实的回答 很好
Th-that’s really the only honest answer, so, good for you.
你有 你对生活有规划吗
Do you have-do you have plans for your life?
你准备上大学吗
Are you gonna go to college?
嗯…
Um…
我不知道
You know, I don’t know.
我现在不知道要干什么
I-I don’t really know what to do.
我知道这听起来很差劲 对吗
I know that sounds really lame, right?
不 不 – 不要说出来
No. No. – Don’t say it out loud.
听起来很棒 令人兴奋
It sounds wonderful. It’s exciting.
令人兴奋?
Exciting?
是的 因为一旦你决定要去做什么
Yes, because once you decide what to do,
就会面临困难 疑惑
then you’re gonna be faced with hard work and confusion
和失望
and disappointment.
而现在 你所拥有的是潜能
Right now, all you have is potential.
你能做任何想做的东西
You can literally do anything you want.
一旦在某个时候 你确定要做什么
Until you decide what to do, at which point,
就只有失败和成功两种选择了
you’ll only be able to either fail or succeed at that choice.

Wow.
你讲的比看起来好多了
You make it sound a lot better than it seems.
我希望自己有个大概的方向
I kinda wish I had some sort of direction.
嗯 不要着急
Yeah, well, you know, don’t be in such a hurry.
听听老人言吧 方向被夸大了
Take this from a director. Direction is overrated.
无方向反而是一种美妙的被低估生活选择
Rudderless is a wonderful, underrated lifestyle choice.
谁需要方向呢
Who needs a rudder?
嗯… – 我觉得 我觉得…
Uh… – I feel-I feel um…
和你交谈很奇怪
I feel really weird talking to you.
为什么
Why?
因为我爸爸… 他很崇拜你
Because my Dad… he worships you.
他整个人生都在努力成为像你一样的人
He literally spends his entire career trying to be just like you.
而我却不喜欢你
And I don’t like you.
你不喜欢我?
You don’t like me?
我很受伤
I’m crushed.
我还以为留下了很好的印象呢
I thought I was making a terrific impression.
是因为我的牙齿吗 还是我有体味
Is it my teeth? Do I smell?
是因为 因为我之前听说你的一些事情
I mean, it’s… it’s what I’ve heard about you.
你听说过我的事情?
What you’ve heard about me?
是的
Yeah.
你知道的 关于…
You know, about…
好的 听着 我没有听说过任何关于你的事情
Okay, well, look, I haven’t heard anything about you, for instance.
所以我只能通过眼前的你来做判断
I can only go by what I see in front of me.
与你见面 是我经历中 是最美妙的事情
In meeting you, um, in my experience, that’s the best thing to go by.
据我的观察的结论而言
And as far as I can see,
你是个直来直去的人
you seem like a boorish and rude person with no boundaries.
换句话说 我觉得你太棒了
In other words, I think you’re terrific.
如果我之后听说了你的一些糟糕的事情
And if I read something terrible about you later,
我不会相信
I won’t believe it.
我不知道
I don’t know.
嗯 这是个诚实的回答
Well, that’s the only honest response.
是的 天哪 你要和Leslie Goodwin
Yeah, oh, my God. You’re having lunch with
一起吃午饭? – 是的 是的
Leslie Goodwin? – Yeah, yeah.
太疯狂了 – 就在明天
Out of control! – That’s actually happening tomorrow.
我 他们 在派对见过他后 他的工作室打电♥话♥邀请的
I-they-his office called to set it up after I met him at that party.
啊哈
Uh-huh.
他想在午饭的时候
And he wants to come and talk to me
和我谈写作和电视
at lunch about writing and TV.
和电影? 哦 天哪 – 是的
Movies and? Oh, my God! – Yeah.
你一定要问他是否动过那个孩子
A-and you gotta ask him if he touched that kid.
什 什么
Wha-what?
我肯定从没有人直接问他这个问题
I bet no one’s ever just come right out and asked him.
直接说 “嘿 嘿 老兄”
Like just go, “Hey, hey, man,
“你真的 和那个小孩 有过性行为之类的吗”
“did you really do like, you know, sex stuff with the kid?”
这是个好机会 Glen
This is a huge opportunity, Glen.
我不会问的 Ralph
I’m not gonna ask him that, Ralph.
天 那只是绯闻而已
Jesus. It’s-that’s a rumor.
是啊 如果那样 他可以直接否认啊
Yeah. But then, you know, if he’s he’ll just deny it
然后你可以改变话题 没什么大不了的
and you change the subject. It’s no big deal.
我可能和最好的编剧导演合作
I could maybe work with the best writer-director like, ever
你却让我问一个超级缺德的未经证实的故事
and you want me to ask him about a fucked up unproven story.
他从没因为那个被起诉过
He was never even charged with that.
我只是想说 如果你不问 就是个超级大怂蛋 老兄
I’m just saying, if you don’t ask him, you’re being a great big pussy, man.
你是个疯子
You’re crazy.
Grace Cullen在2号♥线
Grace Cullen on line 2.
这是最美好的一天
This is the best day ever.
真是你最美好的一天
You’re having the best day ever.
啊 请免提 谢谢
Ah, speaker phone, please.
免提 外放 外放
Speaker phone? Speaker? Speaker?
免提 免提 设到免提
Speaker phone. Speaker phone. Put it on speaker phone.
免提 免 免 免 免 免 免 免 免
Speaker phone. Spe-spe-spe-spe-spe-spe-spe-spe

Hi!
嗨 哦 嘿 我每天都想给你打电♥话♥
Hi! Oh. Hey, I’ve been meaning to call you every day.
我做了很大努力
I’ve been working so much.
我只是想说感谢
I just wanted to say thank you so much
你上周来我的派对
for coming to my party last week.
还带上了China 她很可爱
And for bringing China. She’s adorable.
那真的很棒 不 你… 谢谢你邀请我们
That’s really nice. No, you… Thank you for having us.
你的剧本怎么样了
How’s it going with the writing?
你知道吗 我想跟你讨论一下
You know what? I wanted to talk to you about that.
Glen 你要知道我并不想抢那个角色
Glen, I want you to know I’m not trying to steal that part.
我真的没有 我只是关心你
I’m really not. I just looking in on you.
不是关于我的事
It’s not about me.
听着 Grace 如果我不知道里边的角色的话
Listen, Grace. I’ve been unable to write this show
我是不能写出这个剧的
because I don’t know who these people are.
我在心里设想如果是你的话…
I feel like in my mind if it’s you…
可能我可以写好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!