Thank God.
真是谢天谢地
You remember what time the Negroes left you, right?
你还记得那些黑人什么时候丢下你吗?
In your statement,
你在供词中说
you said they left you at midnight.
他们是子夜的时候离开你的
They might have.
可能是吧?
They “might” have?
你这么说是什么意思?
I don’t know what time they left me.
我不知道他们什么时候离开我
I wanted them dead.
我只希望他们死
Would anyone care that they raped a Mexican girl
如果他们没有杀死夜猫子那些白人
if they hadn’t killed those white people at the Nite Owl?
会有任何人在乎 他们强♥暴♥了一个墨西哥女孩吗?
I did what I had to do for justice.
我这一切都是为了报仇
Inez.
英奈兹
Exley, over here.
艾利斯也在 过来
Smile, Inez.
笑一下 英奈兹
Is he your hero?
他是你的大英雄吧
Fellas, how about this?
各位 这个标题怎么样?
“Rape Victim Wheeled Out by Nite Owl Hero.”
“夜猫子案英雄推着被害人走出医院 ”
All they get is Veronica Lake.
他们只得到了薇洛妮卡雷克
I get Lynn Margaret Bracken.
而我得到琳恩玛格莉特布雷肯
“Bisbee?”
比斯比
I grew up there.
我在那儿长大的
I’m going back in a couple of years,
我过几年要回那儿去
open up a dress shop.
开一家服装店
The girls in Bisbee need a little glamour.
比斯比的女孩需要好衣服打扮
Where’d this come from?
这疤是怎来的?
I was 12. My dad went after my mother with a bottle.
我当年十二岁 我爸拿着酒瓶要砸我妈
I got in the way.
我正好挡在中间
So you saved her.
所以是你救了你♥妈♥的♥?
Not for long.
也救不了她多久
I’m sorry. It’s none of my business.
很对不起 这不关我的事的
He tied me to the radiator.
他把我绑在暖气机上面
I watched him beat my mother to death with a tire iron
我看着他用熨斗把我妈打死
and he left me there.
然后他把我丢在那儿
Three days before a truant officer found us.
三天后学校督学才发现我们
They never found the old man.
警方一直没有找到我老头
Is that why you became a cop?
所以你才当警♥察♥的?
To get even?
为了讨个公道?
Maybe.
或许吧
Do you like it?
你喜欢当警♥察♥吗?
I used to.
以前喜欢
Now it’s all strong-arm, sitting duck stuff.
如今这差事却变成恃强凌弱了
If I could
如果
get a chance to work Homicide
如果我能有机会到凶杀组去
like a real detective.
像真正的刑♥警♥一样办案
That prick, Exley, he shot the wrong guys.
那个痞子艾斯利他杀错人了
Whoever killed Stensland’s still around.
杀死史丹斯兰的人还逍遥法外
I know it in here. I know it.
我内心里很清楚 我知道
Something’s wrong with the Nite Owl.
夜猫子那件案子不太对劲
I just can’t prove it, that’s all.
只是我没办法证明而已
I’m not smart enough.
我不够聪明
I’m just the guy they bring in to scare the other guy shitless.
我只是上头长官用来吓唬别人的工具而已
You’re wrong.
你错了
You found Patchett. You found me.
你找到巴却 你找到了我
You’re smart enough.
你已经够聪明了
Bud White! What brings you down to the basement?
巴德·怀特 什么风把你吹到地下室来的?
I got a couple of Nite Owl questions.
我有几个夜猫子案的问题想要问你
Don’t know if you read the papers,
不知道你有没有看过报纸
but that case is closed.
那个案子已经结了
Anything bother you about it?
你有没有那里觉得不对劲的
The fact that the pack-up boys haven’t hauled this shit out of here yet.
有 就是那些送货的 还没把这些东西给抬走
The suspects’ 3 shotguns match the strike marks on the shell casings.
我们查到嫌犯的三把散♥弹♥枪♥弹道跟夜猫子的弹壳一致
What more do you want?
你还要什么证据?
There’s blood on the wall here.
挂照片的墙上有血
I thought everyone got shot in the men’s room.
不是除了厨子以外的人 都是在男厕所被杀的吗?
That is Stensland’s blood.
那是史丹斯兰的血
Stensland? Yeah.
史丹斯? 对
Blow to the head.
他头上被狠狠挨了一记
Probably unconscious when they dragged him in the john.
凶手把他拖到男厕时他可能已经昏迷了
Did they hit anyone else?
他们有没有打其它的人?
No, but he was a cop.
没有 不过他是个警♥察♥
Probably tried to do something.
可能想要反抗吧
Grilled cheese, black coffee.
吉士三明治 黑咖啡
Someone was sitting next to him.
有人跟他坐在一起
2 victims were women?
有两个被害人是女的 对吧
Yeah, Patti DeLuca, the night shift waitress,
对 派蒂·杜鲁卡 夜班女服务生
and a Susan Lefferts.
还有一位叫做苏珊·雷佛
Susan Lefferts.
苏珊·雷佛?
Yeah, what about her?
对 怎么样?
You’re welcome!
不用客气
Mrs. Lefferts
雷佛太太
Mrs. Lefferts?
雷佛太太
I’m Officer White, LAPD.
我是洛杉矶警局的怀特警员
Tell me about the boyfriend you mentioned at the coroner’s office.
谈谈你那天在法♥院♥提到的你女儿的那位男友好吗?
I told you I didn’t approve of that boyfriend.
我跟你们说过 我不喜欢她那个男朋友
He was too old for you.
他那么老了跟你不配
And you let him be fresh with me.
你还让他对我那么凶
They came here one day when I wasn’t home.
有一天我不在家的时候 他们到我家来
Mrs. Jensen next door said
隔壁的简森太太她说
she saw Susie’s boyfriend and another man and
她看见苏珊的男朋友跟另外一个男人在一起
she heard a ruckus.
她还说她听见一阵骚动
What was his name?
你女儿的男朋友叫什么名字?
We weren’t properly introduced.
他根本就没有跟我介绍
Susie gave him a nickname, Muns or Luns.
苏珊都叫他沐恩鲁恩什么的
Stens?
史丹恩?
Was it Stens?
是不是史丹恩?
Maybe.
或许是吧
I don’t know.
我不知道
Look.
你看看照片
That’s him.
就是他
That’s him.
就是他
You said a neighbor heard a ruckus.
你说邻居听到骚动
Was it outside? Inside?
是在外面吗?还是里面?
Outside.
在外面
And then Mrs. Jensen said they kept going under the house.
简森太太说他们一直吵吵到房♥子下面去了
You have to leave now, officer.
你该走了 警♥察♥先生
What’s through here?
这儿过去是那里?
Just a room full of old things.
放杂物的房♥间
Don’t move that!
不要动它
Don’t mind the smell.
不要理会那股种臭味了
I think a rat died behind the wall.
大概是有老鼠死在墙后面了
My Susie was a good girl.
我的苏珊是个好女孩
She was never in any kind of trouble at all!
她从来没有惹过任何麻烦的
“Leland Meeks.” Never heard of you.
李兰·米克斯? 没听过
They call me Buzz.
他们都叫我巴兹
Was it a rat?
是不是老鼠?
Yeah, a great big one.
对 好大一只
Here.
拿去
Compliments of the Police Department.
洛杉矶警♥察♥局的一点心意
Stomach of the week from a motel homicide.
本周凶杀旅馆最迷人的胃
Unemployed actor had frankfurter, French fries, alcohol and sperm.
这位失业的演员吃过热狗 薯条 酒
Hell of a last supper, don’t you think?
还有精♥液♥ 好丰盛的最后晚餐对不对?
Anything bothering you about the Nite Owl case?
夜猫子那个案子你有没有觉得不对劲?
That you guys won’t let it get filed away.
有 就是你们一直缠着不放
What do you mean?
这是什么意思?
Bud White grilled me on it today.
巴德·怀特他今天也来问过我
Bud White?
巴德·怀特?
He’s not as dumb as I thought.
他没有我想的那么笨
Did he say where he was going after he talked to you?
他跟你说过话后 有没有说跟你说过要去哪里
Let my daughter rest in peace!
让我的女儿安息吧
Mrs. Lefferts, I want to ask a few questions.
雷佛太太 我想问你一些问题

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!