你好 我在找Aaron Davis
Hi, hello I’m looking for an Aaron Davis.
Davis家的男孩 对 有点象
What? The Davis Boy, yeah that sounds like him.
他没有惹麻烦…什么麻烦?
No, he’s not in anymore trouble…What kind of trouble?
不好意思… 我不是有意探察
I’m sorry… I’m not trying to pry.
Ferron Davis 麻烦你能拼出来吗?
Ferron Davis can you spell that?
在石溪…真是太感谢你了
On Stone Creek… really…Thank you so much.
电视里还播乡村明星Buck Owens?
Buck Owens, they still run that?
好吧 你继续看
OK, you get back to it now.
多谢
OK, thank you.
你好 不好意思 Davis神父还在教会
Hello? I’m sorry, brother Davis is down at the Stake Center.
哦 找Aaron? 请问你为什么找他?
Oh, I’m sorry… Aaron? May I ask why you are trying to reach Aaron?
洛杉矶…你是当地的传教士吗?
Los Ang… are you one of the Elders in Los Angeles?
不…你听好 我的儿子不想和你说话
No… you know what, my son has no desire to speak to you
你最好懂点廉耻 别再打电♥话♥来
and I hope you could have the decency not to call here again.
爸爸又错过晚餐了?
Is Dad missing dinner again?
没什么 他在教区加班
Oh it’s nothing but he sure is late over at the Stake Center…
凉掉了可不好
there is no point in this getting cold.
你别玩食物
If you’re just gonna play with it…
为什么我还要费心思
I don’t know why I bother anymore.
Julie 快过来… 我找到他了
Julie! Get out here… I found him.
-你和他说上话了? -没有 他母亲挂了我电♥话♥
-You talked to him? -No, his mother hung up on me.
真多事
Um… bitch!
如果他真不想见我
No, but if he really did not want to talk to me then she really would not
他母亲就会让他接电♥话♥的 对吗?
have had a problem putting him on the phone, right?
下次可能就是他亲自来接电♥话♥
And next time he will probably pick up.
不敢想象被人挂电♥话♥我会那么愉快
Damn girl! Who knew getting hung up on would make me feel so good!
好啊 我们总算可以出去玩了 你装圣女太久
Good! Then we’re going out because you’ve been a contrary mary too long.
还好吗?
Is everything OK?
只是摔了盘子… 你忙你的吧
Yeah, just a little dropsy… you go on.
-妈? -嗯?
-Mom? -Hm?
-妈… -怎么了?
-Mom… -What Aaron?
什么事?
What?
没事 我只想知道 你愿不愿意看看我
It’s nothing. I just wanted to see if you bring yourself to look at me.
我看着你呢… 你希望让我看到什么?
I’m looking at you… what am I supposed to be seeing?
没什么
Nothing.
他叫Christian 是吗?
His name was Christian, wasn’t it?
什么?
What?
Christian就是那个人吗?
Is Christian the one?
他对你做了什么
What did he do to you!
他爱我
He loved me.
别这么说 你知道这多荒唐吗?
Don’t say that! Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?
上帝和世人会多么反感
How repulsive that is to God to everyone?
两个男人? 男人不能相爱 女人才能带来爱
Two men? Men don’t love. Aary, women bring love to a relationship.
妈 他亲口说爱我 -他什么都说的出口
But Ma he told me he loved me. -He would have told you anything.
他恭维你 引诱你…魔鬼爪牙的伎俩
He flattered and beguiled you… tools of the devil that’s what they do
-你不会懂 -我懂
-You don’t know that. -Yes I do.
-你怎可能懂 -我懂的…你知道吗?
-You don’t know that. -I do… you know why?
你没到家之前…
Because when you didn’t arrive home…
-我打电♥话♥给你的传教队长 -你查岗?
-I called your mission president. -You checked up on me huh?
我担心的要命 你猜猜队长怎么说?
I was worried sick about you, and you know what he said?
你的同伴说Christian
Your missionary companion told him that that Christian person…
因为一个赌注来引诱你
you were nothing more than a bet he made.
-你骗人 -这是实话
-That’s not true… -Yes it is true…
他为了区区50元骗取你的灵魂
He won your soul for a lousy 50 dollars.
你就值这么些
That’s all you were worth to him and you know what?
他现在早该忘了你
He’s probably forgotten all about you
接着去和别人乱搞
and now he’s moving on to his next fornication.
-妈 他不会的 -他根本不在乎
-Mom he wouldn’t… -It meant nothing to him.
他不过是在利用你 这正是为什么…
He was using you and that is why…
你永远也不能想起他
you can never think about him again, ever… ever again.
你必须把这些都放下
You got… you have got to put this thing behind you.
你的错误人人知晓
This horrible mistake that everybody knows about…
你知道别人如何看我们
You’ve seen how they look at us.
他们在市场
You’ve seen how people just turn their carts around
避开我们
when we walk down the isle in the market
他们在银行里装作不认识
How they look away at the bank.
为什么你父亲不愿意回家?
Why do you think your father doesn’t come home anymore?
如果这不是我的选择 而是我的天性
What if it is not something I’ve done, what if it’s who I am?
不要说 连想都不要想
Don’t say that. Don’t you ever even think that!
你会得到宽恕
You can be forgiven
也许天父会宽恕你的过错
maybe Heavenly Father can forgive you for what you’ve done
但你若天性如此 他绝不会宽恕
but who you are…He could never forgive something like that.
我现在去热菜
You know… I think I am going to heat up
那一锅奶油蘑菇汤
that casserole with the cream and mushroom soup.
你去哪?
Where are you going?
我在教堂落下了一些东西
I left some stuff down the church.
现在? 我们才刚回来
Now? We just got back!
我们的儿子… 我们刚从…回来
Our son… we’ve just come back from…
任何时候都一样
As good a time as any.
你好? Davis夫人 听着
Hello? Mrs. Davis… listen,
我知道你不想让我和你的儿子说话…
I know you don’t want me to speak with your son.
我儿子? 让我告诉你这狗♥娘♥养♥的
My son? Let me tell you something you son of a bitch:
因为你 他割了自己的手腕
Thanks to you my son took a razor to his wrists.
因为你 我失去了儿子
Thanks to you I have lost my son.
我希望你在炼狱永远被火烧
And I hope you burn, I hope you burn for ever!
Chris?
Chris?
坐下
Sit down.
喝点酒吧
Drink that.
干了它
Toss it.
这才有疗效
That way it’s medicinal.
一个男人喝点酒
Good it’s vital for a man to have a couple of
更容易倒出苦水
slugs in him before discussing heart ache.
-海明威教过我… -你认识文豪海明威?
-I think Hemingway told me that… -You knew Ernest Hemingway?
认识他的孙女Margot
Margot actually.
自古红颜多薄命
But beauties don’t always escape tragedy.
哦老天 这简直是地狱
Oh God, this is hell…
我犯了错
I’ve done something.
自知有罪
I’m guilty…
永世心如火烧
and I’ll burn for it.
愧疚是个奇怪的东西
Funny thing about guilt… there is nothing so bad that
多了愧疚 坏事不会雪上加霜
you can’t add a little guilt to it and make it worse.
多了愧疚
And there’s nothing so good
好事也不会锦上添花
you can’t add a little guilt to it and make it better.
愧疚让我们忘记了更重要的事情
Guilt distracts us from a greater truth…
我们有自愈的能力
we have an inherent ability to heal.
即使再痛苦 我们也能熬过去
We seem intent on living through even the worst heartbreak.
怎么做呢?
How?
练习
Practice.
凌晨3点… 你真放荡
3AM… you slut.
我倒想玩 在工作室没有写歌♥的灵感
I wish. We were in the studio, I can’t seem to come up with a single.
-你呢? -失眠
-You? -Couldn’t sleep.
所以… 你就坐在黑暗中
So what… you sit here in the dark?
嘿 不如我们别忌口了
Hey. Let’s just say fuck the no-carbs thing
一起去吃薄饼 吃到吐为止 怎么样?
let’s go to Dupar’s and eat pancakes till we choke huh?
算了 我还是睡觉好了
Yeah… I think I’m just going to go back to bed.
周二 凌晨3点 再次失眠
Tuesday, 3AM, once again I can’t sleep.
我在等待时间治愈 一再破碎的心
It’s like I’m waiting for time to fix part of me that keeps on breaking.
已经扔掉报纸 洗干净碟子
I’ve already thrown out the newspaper and washed the leftover dishes.
空虚无聊 独坐发呆
Nothing to do but sit here and think.
作为洛杉矶的市民和投票者 这是你的抉择…
As a citizen and voter in the city of Los Angeles it is up to you to decide
如果你想让…
if you will allow…
你把这些破花放哪里?
Where are you going with my goddamn flowers?
它们…
But they are…
只要还没死 我们就不扔
We don’t throw anything out that’s not completely dead.
-好吗? -听你的
-Deal? -Deal.
还有一件事…你别再来这里了
And another thing… you’ve got to quit coming over here
垂头丧气的 你让我压抑
and moping around, you’re fucking depressing me.
我让你压抑?
I’m depressing you?
就是这个意思 如果
That’s what I’m saying… If we’ve reached the
你比我还行尸走肉
point where you’re dragging my day well then…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!