这 这只不过是你想让我丧失斗志的把戏
This is… This is just a clumsy attempt at discouragement.
我去过战地医院 见过那些外科手术
I’ve been to army hospitals, I’ve seen surgeries,
我还和妈妈一起去过疟疾横行的驳船
I went and visited the malaria barges with mama.
她说她没带你进去
She told me she didn’t take you inside.
我之后偷偷溜进去了
I snuck in afterwards.
我知道那是什么样子 你吓不到我
I’ve seen what it’s like, this changes nothing.
不管怎么说 很高兴你能陪我来
At all rates, I’m happy to have your company.
早上好 吉姆
Morning, Jim.
早上好 总统先生
Hello, Mr. President.
很高兴又见到你
Good to see you again.
小伙子们 第一个问题 吃得好吗
Well boys, first question: You getting enough to eat?
你好 先生
Hello, sir.
-你叫什名字 战士 -罗伯特
– What’s your name, soldier? – Robert.
罗伯特 很高兴见到你 罗伯特
Robert. Good to meet you, Robert.
很高兴见到您
Nice to meet you.
-你叫什名字 -凯文
– What’s your name? – Kevin.
我经过时告诉我你们的名字
Tell me your names as I go past.
我希望知道你们的名字 凯文是吗
I like to know who I’m talkin’ to. Kevin.
-总统先生 约翰 -约翰
– Mr. President, John. – John.
-我见过你 -总统先生
– I’ve seen you before. – Mr. President…
一定要吃些肉 我不会介意
Make sure you get some steak, I wouldn’t mind…
怎么了 鲍勃
What’s the matter, Bob?
我要参军
I have to do this!
我要参军 我入伍不需要经过你的同意
And I will do it and I don’t need your permission to enlist.
从战争开始 有多少儿子
That same speech has been made by how many sons,
对他们的父亲说过一样的话
to how many fathers since the war began?
我才不需要你该死的许可 老家伙
“I don’t need your damn permission, you miserable old goat,
无论如何我都会参军
I’m gonna enlist anyhow!”
又有多少父亲对他们儿子
And what wouldn’t those numberless fathers have given
说出我要对你说出的这番话
to be able to say to their sons as… I now say to mine,
我才是总司令
“I’m commander-in-chief,
没有我的允许
so in point of fact, without my permission,
你不能参军 年轻人
you ain’t enlisting in nothing, nowhere, young man.”
你只是怕妈妈 根本不是担心我的死活
It’s mama you’re scared of, not me getting killed.
我必须参军 我一定会的
I have to do this! And I will!
不然余生我都会以此为耻
Or I will feel ashamed of myself for the rest of my life.
能不能上战场根本无所谓
Whether or not you fought is what’s gonna matter.
这不仅仅是为了别人 也是为了我自己
And not just to other people, but to myself.
我成不了您 爸爸 我办不到
I won’t be you, pa. I can’t do that.
但是我不想碌碌无为
But I don’t want to be nothing.
他会没事的 玛丽
He’ll be fine, Mary.
锡蒂波因特离前线有一段距离
City Point’s away back from the front lines, from the fighting,
他会被安排去做格兰特将军传信的副官
he’ll be an adjutant running messages for General Grant.
战争会要了我们儿子的命
The war will take our son!
那些狙击手 弹片 伤寒
A sniper, or a shrapnel shell, or typhus!
像威利一样
Same as took Willie,
每天都有成百上千的孩子在那死去
it takes hundreds of boys a day!
他只会成为无谓的牺牲品
He’ll die uselessly,
到时候你让我怎么原谅你
and how will I ever forgive you?
大多数人 都最喜欢长子长女 但是你
Most men, their firstborn is their favorite, but you,
你却一直责怪罗伯特的出生
you’ve always blamed Robert for being born,
说那让你为婚姻所困 让你陷入不幸
for trapping you in a marriage that’s only ever given you grief
-让你后悔 -不是这样
– and caused you regret. – That’s simply not true.
如果冷泉港那样的屠♥杀♥再发生
And if the slaughter of Cold Harbor is on your hands same as Grant,
我们只能祈求上帝相助
God help us!
我们要为你犯下的那些数不清的屠♥杀♥付出代价
We’ll pay for the oceans of spilled blood you’ve sanctioned,
我们的儿子会用他的鲜血
the uncountable corpses we’ll be made to pay
为那些堆积如山的尸骨做陪葬
with our son’s dear blood.
就这次 就这次 林肯夫人
Just, just this once, Mrs. Lincoln,
我求你用解放人类而不是自私的观点来看问题
I demand of you to try and take the liberal and not the selfish point of view.
如果我们继续扼杀他的发自内心的抱负
Robert will never forgive himself. You imagine he’ll forgive us
罗伯特将永远无法原谅自己 你还能奢望他原谅我们吗
if we continue to stifle his very natural ambition?!
如果我不同意呢
And if I refuse to take the highroad,
如果我无法再背负更多痛苦了呢
if I won’t take up the rough old cross,
你是不是又要威胁我 送我去疯人院
will you threaten me again with the madhouse,
就像我无法停止为威利的死终日哭泣时那样
as you did when I couldn’t stop crying over Willie,
就像我让你看到什么是真的心碎的时候那样
when I showed you what heartbreak, real heartbreak looked like,
而你根本就没有勇气面对 没有勇气帮我
and you hadn’t the courage to countenance it, to help me…
没错 当你拒绝去安慰泰德的时候
That’s right. When you refused so much as to comfort Tad…
-那孩子不仅仅身体不好 -我当时在房♥间里陪着威利
– the child who was not only sick – I was in the room with Willie,
-还极度悲伤 -我那时正抱着他
– but beside himself with grief? – I was holding him…
-但你只想着你的悲伤 你的悲伤 -他死在了我怀里
– Oh but your grief, your grief, your…- in my arms as he died!
-无穷无尽的悲伤 -你怎么敢这样说我
– inexhaustible grief! – How dare you throw that at me?!
-他的母亲居然不让他靠近自己 -我不能让泰德进来
– And his mother won’t let him near her, – I couldn’t let Tad in!
-因为她一天到晚都在不停尖叫 -我不想让他
– ‘cos she’s screaming from morning to night, – I couldn’t risk him
-你在走廊上乱晃 -看见我生气的样子
– pacing the corridors – seeing how angry I was!
对着影子家具和鬼魂大喊大叫
howling at shadows and furniture and ghosts!
我早就该你去疯人院
I ought to have done it,
为了泰德我早就该这么做
I ought have done for Tad’s sake,
为了每一个人 我早就该送你去疯人院
for everybody’s goddamned sake, I should have clapped you in the madhouse!
你送啊
Then do it!!
来啊 别只威胁我
Do it! Don’t you threaten me,
你快来吧 把我锁起来
you do it this time, lock me away!
你一定会的 我发誓 如果罗伯特死了的话
You’ll have to, I swear! If Robert is killed…
我不能忍♥受你再为威利难过
I couldn’t tolerate you grieving so for Willie
因为我也不会允许自己这么做
because I couldn’t permit it in myself,
尽管我希望如此 玛丽
though I wanted to, Mary.
我想过陪他入土 守着他的灵柩
I wanted to crawl under the earth, into the vault with his coffin.
而且我现在依旧这样想
And I still do.
无时无刻不这么想
Everyday I do.
所以不要跟我讲悲伤
Don’t speak to me about grief.
鲍勃 你还有我 都必须要做出自己的决定
I must make my decisions, Bob must make his, you yours.
必须承担我们要承担的 忍♥受我们要忍♥受的
And… bear what we must, hold and carry what we must.
当我忍♥受这些时 你要允许我
What I carry within me, you must allow me to do it,
独自承受自己必须承受的 你也一样 玛丽
alone as I must. And you alone, Mary,
承受你自己的部分
you alone…
这样可以减轻彼此的负担
may lighten this burden,
或者你可以选择 把一切推向崩溃
or render it intolerable. As you choose.
你以为我不知道你在做什么吗
You think I’m ignorant of what you’re up to
你以为你打算不跟我商量这些事
because you haven’t discussed this scheme
我就不知道了吗
with me as you ought to have done.
我什么时候那么好糊弄
When have I ever been so easily bamboozled?
当你坚持要让修正案通过
I believe you
要废除奴隶制的时候
when you insist that amending the constitution
我相信你
and abolishing slavery will end this war.
但是既然你把我们的儿子送上战场
And since you are sending my son into the war,
不让修正案通过 你就等着吃苦头吧
woe unto you if you fail to pass the amendment.
苏厄德不想最后弄得政以贿成
Seward doesn’t want me leaving big muddy footprints all over town.
你比谁都清楚
No one has ever lived who knows better than you
官场上的那些权谋算计
the proper placement of footfalls on treacherous paths.
苏厄德不做 你就要去做
Seward can’t do it. You must.
如果你不能拿到必要的选票
Because if you fail to acquire the necessary votes,
你就麻烦了 想想到时候你怎么向我交代
woe unto you, sir, you will answer to me.
我知道还有4天就要投票了
I know the vote is only four days away.
我知道您很担心
I know you’re concerned.
谢谢您为这件事如此操劳
Thank you for your concern over this,
我想告诉您 修正案会通过的
and I want you to know, they’ll approve it.
上帝会保佑的
God will see to it.
我可不羡慕上帝的工作
I don’t envy him His task.
相对于去向众议员拉票
He may wish He’d chosen an instrument for His purpose
他可能会采取一种更加合适的方法来实现目的
more wieldy than the House of Representatives.
那么您会确保它通过的
Then you’ll see to it.
你有没有担心过你们的未来
Are you afraid of what lies ahead for your people?
如果我们通过了
If we succeed?
白人不会希望我们呆在这
White people don’t want us here.
-很多人可能不会 -您呢
– Many don’t. – What about you?
我并不了解你 凯克莉夫人
I don’t know you, Mrs. Keckley.
不了解你们的任何一员
Any of you.
但你们于我 与其他人♥民♥一样
You’re familiar to me, as all people are.
与我们大家都一样
Unaccommodated, poor, bare,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!