Hey, hold on a second.
嘿 等一下
Duane, I’ve really gotta talk to you about the committee.
杜安 关于委员会的事 我需要和你好好谈谈
I mean, it would mean a lot to have your support on this thing.
我是说 这件事上有你们支持 对我来说很重要
I told you already, Larry, none of us are gonna get involved in that shit.
拉里 我已经和你说过了 我们都不打算趟这趟浑水
We’re here to play ball. If that’s your thing, fine, but leave us out of it.
我们是来打球的 如果你想那么做的话 我没意见 只是别把我们扯进来
Okay okay, fine. I get it, I get it, I get it. Guys!
好… 我知道了… 伙计们!
Bring it in!
过来啦!
Come on, come on, hustle up!
快 快 快过来!
I want you all to meet our new quarterback.
来见见我们的新四分卫
Quarterback? Guy better not be a pussy.
四分卫? 怎么感觉像个娘们
He played in college.
他以前在大学里打球的
Uh, I’m a little behind the curve.
呃 我水平中下
Who are you guys?
你们是谁?
We’re the Guardians! We’re cops.
我们是”守卫者”! 我们是警♥察♥
Welcome to the Tri-County touch football night league.
欢迎来”三郡”触身式橄榄球晚间俱乐部
Let’s just work on some simple pass patterns.
我们先来练些简单的传球
Brad waited for his good sense to kick in.
布莱德等待着理智的召唤
There were lots of excuses available to him.
一大堆现成的理由 足以叫他拒绝这个邀请
But it felt so good to be standing here beneath the bright lights.
但是沐浴在这耀眼 灯光下的感觉太舒服了
And he was filled with a feeling similar to the one
他现在的感觉就和
he’d had right before kissing Sarah,
亲吻莎拉之前的感觉一样
like his world had cracked open
就好像他的世界突然间打开
to reveal a thrilling new possibility.
呈现出一幅令人兴奋的新天地
Okay, just let me warm up a little.
好的 我先活动一下
All right! Let’s go!
好的! 来吧!
Set, hut!
准备 开始!
What the fuck?
他妈的怎么回事?
That’s a late hit!
你这是迟撞!
This ain’t Pop Warner, ace.
我们这可不是玩波普·华纳比赛 老大
You fucking faggot. You call yourself a quarterback?
你这个同性恋 还好意思管自己叫四分卫?
Oh, this isn’t me.
哦 这不是我家
What are you doing?
你干什么?
What is that? What’s that for?
干什么? 这是干什么?
I want the scumbag to know I’m keeping an eye on him.
我要叫那个混♥蛋♥知道 我时刻都在注意着他
Oh, shit. Oh, uh…
哦 妈的 哦 呃…
I don’t think we want to be here, Larry.
我们没想来这儿的 拉里
It’s not a question of want.
这不是想不想的问题
Joanie thinks I’m obsessed with this creep.
琼觉得我对这个混♥蛋♥念念不忘
She thinks if I had a job, I wouldn’t be driving past his house
她觉得要是我有工作的话 就不会每天都路过他家5, 6趟
five, six times a day. But you know what?
但是你知道吗?
I kinda think this is my job.
我觉得这就是我的工作
There’s a roll of duct tape in the glove compartment.
杂物箱那有一卷强力胶
Would you grab it for me?
能递给我吗?
Honey?
亲爱的?
Hi!
嗨!
Where were you?
你去哪儿了?
Oh my God. What happened?
哦 天 怎么了?
L… l… I joined this group.
我… 我… 我加入了委员会
The Committee for Concerned Parents.
“忧心父母委员会”
We’re distributing flyers about that creep on Woodward Court.
我们一起分发有关伍德沃场 那个混♥蛋♥的传♥单♥
These guys play a little touch football after.
之后我们一起打了会儿橄榄球
This late?
这么晚还打球?
Uh, it’s a night league.
嗯 是个晚间俱乐部
So it’s gonna be a regular thing?
这么说以后会经常打球了?
No no no no, just once a week,
不 不… 一周一次而已
after I’m done studying at the library.
而且是在图书馆复习完之后
Is that okay?
可以吗?
Uh, who are the guys?
里面都是什么人?
You remember Larry Hedges?
还记得拉里·海吉斯吗?
The guy from the Sprinkler Park with the twins?
斯普克勒公园带着 一对双胞胎的那家伙
It’s his organization.
委员会是他创办的
I thought you didn’t like him.
我还以为你不喜欢他
He’s okay.
他人还不错
This committee makes a lot of sense. I mean it’s…
这个委员会很有意义 我是说…
it’s pretty scary having a weirdo like that
那种变♥态♥就住在操场旁边
living right by the playground.
太可怕了
Mmm. I know.
嗯 是啊
I hate to even think about it.
这事我都不愿意去想
Guess you’d better take a shower.
你最好去冲个澡吧
Brad showered quickly, sensing a rare opportunity
布莱德快速着冲着澡
to have sex with his wife.
察觉到眼前有个绝妙的机会 和他太太做♥爱♥
“This is just what I need,” he thought.
“这正是我需要的” 他想道
“Something to take my mind off that kiss.”
“好叫我忘了那个吻”
Please don’t.
不要
Come on, Kathy, we’ve been through this before.
别这样 凯西 这事我们之前谈过了
He needs to start sleeping by himself.
他现在得开始自己睡
I know. He looks so comfy.
我知道 他现在睡得很香
Well, he’ll be just as comfy in his own bed.
他在自己床上也会睡得很舒服的
I just miss him so much.
我好想他
I’m getting a little tired waking up with his foot in my face.
我有点厌倦每次醒来时 他的脚都踩在我脸上
It’s a perfect foot.
那可是个完美无缺的脚啊
Look at him. Just look at him.
看看他 好好看着他
He’s a handsome devil.
他真帅呆了
Mmm, he’s perfect.
嗯 他太完美了
Good night.
晚安
Number 2 Hillcrest
山顶路2号♥
was an impressive piece of real estate.
是处令人难忘的房♥产
Even so, Sarah was ambivalent
尽管如此 莎拉对这栋房♥子的感情
about the house she occupied.
还是复杂的
She wasrt involved with its purchase or design.
无论是购买♥♥或是设计都与她无关
The place was a hand-me-down of sorts from Richard’s mother.
这地方是理查德母亲留下的
And the furnishings were leftovers from his first marriage.
而家具则是来自他的第一次婚姻
By the time Sarah arrived here
莎拉来到这里的时候
Richard wasrt all that interested in redecorating.
理查德对重新装♥修♥没多大兴趣
And so she decided to leave it as it was,
所以她决定这栋房♥子还是保留原样
with the exception of a single room that she staked out for her own
只是将一个房♥间据为己有
and gradually began to populate it
并逐渐用她的旧物
with the remnants of her former self.
来扩充这个房♥间
From the moment Lucy was born
自从有了露西
Sarah had refused to hire someone for child care.
莎拉一直拒绝雇人照顾孩子
Read me a story?
给我讲个故事?
In a minute, okay?
一会就讲 好吗?
Can I sit on your lap? I said in a minute!
我能坐在你腿上吗? 我说了一会就给你讲!
Go finish your program, go.
接着去看电视吧 快去
She wasrt exactly sure why she had taken this stance.
她也不清楚 为什么对露西是这个态度
The truth was she spent most afternoons marking time,
基本上每天下午 她都是在捱时间
waiting desperately for the moment when her husband returned from work
急切的等待着他丈夫下班回家的那一刻
and she could finally have a moment to herself.
那时她才能有 真正属于自己的时间
But even this was not something she could rely on.
但是有时连这点时间都没有保障
You’re ready to roll?
准备好了吗?
Could you wait a few minutes?
能不能等几分钟?
I’m sorry, Richard’s barricaded in the upstairs office
抱歉 理查德在楼上的办公室忙着
finishing some stuff for work. No problem.
处理些工作上的事 没问题
I’ve got a little surprise for someone anyway.
正好我有个惊喜要送给小家伙
She’s a terror at night. I couldn’t get her to nap again.
她晚上可真讨厌 而且又不肯睡午觉
Oh, the poor thing. Poor mom is more like it.
哦 可怜的人 应该说可怜的妈妈
Hello.

Is there a cute little girl in the house?
这家有没有个可爱的小姑娘啊?
Oh, my goodness!
哦 天啊!
What…
这是…
what have I found?
我找到了什么啊?
A beanie. Oh, a beanie.
小狗 哦 是小狗啊
Jean, you didn’t need to to that.
简 没必要这么客气的
Oh, this little dog needed a girl to take care of him.
这个小狗需要个小姑娘来照顾他
And I know a little girl who needed a dog.
我知道有个小姑娘正好需要只小狗
Let me see.
让我看看
Sarah was beginning to get angry.
莎拉开始生气了
Her evening fitness walk was the one thing
她每天最期待的就是傍晚的健身步行
she looked forward to all day, and Richard knew this.
这点理查德是知道的
But if there was one thing life had taught Richard,
但是理查德唯一 从生活中领悟到的就是

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!