You think?
你认为?
What is it?
怎么了?
He’s sorry that he hit you.
他很抱歉打了你
Do you always speak for him? Yes
你总是为他说话?是的
Hm.

So he’s a mute then.
那么 他是个哑巴
Not quite.
不是
Well what then?
那为什么?
It’s personal. You’ll have to ask him.
这是个私人问题 你得问他
Hm. How would he tell me? He wouldn ‘t.
恩他会告诉我吗?不会
Hey are we going to the…? No.
嘿我们是要?不
But he’s right there. A different outfit entirely.
他刚才在那里另外那幢
Right across the street from one another?
只隔一条街?
At one time they were one with one another. And then they tried to kill one another.
只要他们一见面 就会想杀了对方
And now neither man leaves his respective tower of isolation
他辆都不敢单独离开各自的大楼
for fear of what the other man will do to him.
怕对方会对自己不利
Let me guess all the way up?
让我猜猜 到顶楼?
(Whispers) Penthouse.
顶楼
You must be Mr Fisher.
你一定是费舍尔先生
Must I? Because… that hasn ‘t been working out for me lately.
一定吗?因为…这名字对我很不利
But I’m afraid you must. Well if I must.
但恐怕你必须是好吧既然这样
Do you know for what reason you’ve been brought here?
你知道为什么会被带到这里吗?
For starters I’m unlucky.
首先 我很不幸
The unlucky are nothing more than a frame of reference for the lucky Mr Fisher.
不幸只有在与幸运做对比时才有意义
You are unlucky so I may know that I am not.
你很不幸意思就是我很幸运
Unfortunately the lucky never realise they are lucky until it’s too late.
不幸的是人们只有在事后才发现幸运
Take yourself for instance. Yesterday you were better off than you are today
比如你 昨天你比今天幸运
but it took today for you to realise it. But… today has arrived and it’s too late you see?
今天你才意识到今天已过 太晚?
People are never happy with what they have
人们总不满足自己已经拥有的
They always want what they had or what someone else has.
总想着要过去的 或眼红别人的
Kinda like a rabbi who would rather be a gangster
就像一个拉比想作个黑帮老大
a gangster who would rather be a rabbi.
一个黑帮老大又想作个拉比
I mean what is that?
我是说 那算什么呢?
Some sort of grass is always greener on the other side of the fence thing?
一山望着另一山高?
I mean how do you justify being a rabbi
我是说 你怎么能既是个拉比
and a gangster?
又是个黑帮老大?
I don ‘t.
我不知道
I’m a bad man who doesn ‘t waste time wondering what could’ve been
我是个坏人 从不浪费时间来考虑
when I am what could’ve been or not have been.
我是这个或是那个时会怎么样
I live on both sides of the fence and my grass is always green.
两座山都是我的 我的山是最高的
Consider Mr Fisher…
想想吧 费舍尔先生…
…there are two men sitting here before you
…有两个人在你面前坐着
and one of them you should be very afraid of. Where’s my money?
其中一个是你非常害怕 我的钱呢?
I’ve been hearing that a lot lately. My father used to say
我最近总听到这个我父亲经常说
“The first time somebody calls you a horse you punch him.
第一个人说你是马 你揍了他
The second time somebody calls you a horse call him a jerk.
第二个人说你是马 你骂他蠢货
But the third time somebody calls you a horse perhaps it’s time to go shopping for a saddle.”
第二个人说你是马 你就该买♥♥马鞍
I don ‘t have your money. This isn ‘t like skipping out on the check.
我没有钱这并不是支票跳票
You owe me money. I have interests you owe them money.
你欠我钱 我拿利息 你欠他们钱
I don ‘t even know how much money I owe you. $33 000.
我不知道我钱你多少钱3万3千
But I’m not Nick fisher. Then who the hell are you?
可我不是尼克·费舍尔那你是谁?
I’m just a guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
我在错误时间 出现在错误地点
You have 48 hours to get my money.
给你48小时还钱
Saul will keep an eye on you. In the meantime you may go now.
索罗会监视你 现在你可以走了
Wait I just have one question.
等等 我只有一个问题
I wasn ‘t frisked.
没有敌意
I see. So being a rabbi a… a religious man…
我知道了 作为拉比…宗教人士
There are three things a Jew may not do in order to save a life including his own.
为拯救生命 犹太人有三件事不能做
He may not idol-worship commit adultery or perform an act of premeditated murder.
不可以崇拜偶像 通奸 谋杀
Killing you before you killed me would have been…
但在你要杀我之前杀了你是…
Kosher. (Exhales)
合犹太人法的
Acceptable.
可以接受的
I’ve wired half the money to your bank in the Caymans.
我把一半的钱汇到你开曼的银行帐户
The other half will be deposited when our old friend is in the ground.
另一半 等我老朋友入土以后再付
Now I can expect that when?
我什么时候可以等到呢?
Very soon. Good.
很快很好
So tell me. The kid…
告诉我 这个孩子…
What do you want with him?
你想要他干嘛?
The kid and I have unfinished business.
这孩子跟我还有帐没结清
If there’s one thing I know it’s when someone is lying.
我只会一件事 就是判断人是否撒谎
A man in my position it’s all he has to go on.
像我这样的人 这是必须要会的
To know a lie when he hears it it’s the difference between life and death –
能判断谎话 是关系到生死的大事
your own someone else’s.
包括你自己的和别人的
That being said he wasn ‘t lying.
我可以说 他没在撒谎
That’s not Nick Fisher.
他不是尼克·费舍尔
Kh ow
我知道
I came back here you were gone. So I went to the hotel without you to see my friend.
我回来时 你已走了 我有个朋友
She says the call to Nick came from Room 1009.
她说打给尼克的电♥话♥ 是1009房♥间
A fellow registered under the name of Smith if you can believe that.
用史密斯名字登记的 若你相信是真名
It’s one of the most common names in the world so there’s bound to be a couple of ’em.
这是最常见的名字 一抓一大把
But I get the feeling that this ain ‘t one of ’em.
但我知道他肯定不是其中一员
I get up to the tenth floor and just as I do
我刚上到了十楼
the door to room 1009 opens and there’s our Mr Smith. In the flesh.
1009房♥间门开了 出来了史密斯
So I pretend I’m walking to the elevator instead of coming from it and we take it down together.
我假装是走向电梯 跟他一起下去
He smiles at me – thank s – I smile back.
他朝我笑我也朝他笑
But I have no idea who he is but I think you might
但我不知他是谁 我想你可能知道
so I take a picture using my cellphone which I thought was a total waste
我用手♥机♥拍了照 原以为这功能浪费
cos the photos look like shit and I never use it.
照片很糟 就从来不用它了
So there I am pretending to dial a number and taking Smith’s picture – him none the wiser.
我假装拨号♥码 偷♥拍♥史密斯照片
This is Smith. Recognise him?
这就是史密斯 认识他吗?
No.

I didn ‘t think you would but it was won’th a shot. Anyway we take the elevator to the lobby
但值得一试 我们乘电梯到了大厅
and the man who calls himself Smith walk s outside and hails himself a cab.
史密斯走了出去 叫了辆出租车
So I followed him.
我跟着他
He went down into an apartment building downtown
他走进了市中心的一幢公♥寓♥里
So I wait An hour goes by
我等了一个小时
And just when I’m getting ready to leave – who walk s outside?
当我准备离开时 知道谁走了出来?
Smith? You.
史密斯?是你
Me?
我?
You out of the same building with two Hasidic Jews on either side of you
你从大楼走出来 身边还有两个犹太人
Friends of yours?
你的朋友吗?
Not oxact y
不是
I think it’s time you told me that story.
我想轮到你告诉我了
Well there’s this guy and they call him The Boss right?
好吧 有个家伙 他们叫他老板
And then right across the street there’s this man they call The Rabbi.
而隔着大街 有个人他们叫他拉比
Why do they call him The Rabbi? Because he’s a rabbi.
叫他拉比?因为他是个犹太教士
So now I have to “take out” to use the vernacular
用行话来说 现在我不得不做掉
The Fairy in order to scratch a debt that isn ‘t even mine.
那个仙女 为还清原本不是我的债
And if that’s not enough I have 48 hours to come up with $33 000 or The Rabbi’s gonna…
如果不倒霉 我还得在48小时凑足3万3
I don ‘t know who Mr Smith is.
我不知道史密斯先生是谁
And the worst part about it is I’m not Nick Fisher.
最糟糕的是 我不是尼克·费舍尔
Ironic.
真是讽刺
I know I don ‘t even gamble.
我知道 我甚至从不赌博
No I mean the mobster having a gay son. That’s ironic.
不 黑帮老大竟有个同性恋儿子 真是讽刺
We are dealing with a bona fide case of mistaken identity here.
这是一个真正的身份认错案件
Things like that aren ‘t supposed to be real. It’s like amnesia.
这样的事不该是真的 就像是健忘症
Notwithstanding here you are and Nick’s nowhere to be found so…
尽管如此 你在这里 而尼克找不到
I’d say you’re fucked.
我得说 你完蛋了
Fucked.
完蛋了
Shouldn ‘t you be a little worried about this?
你一点都不担心吗?
Havvo Ata rax a
我练过静心功
Ataraxia?
静心功?
It’s a condition characterised by freedom from worry or any other preoccupation really.
这是不被担忧或情绪所控制的状态
I have to have my answer to The Boss in the morning.
早上我得给老板答复了
Oh what are you gonna say?
哦 那你准备怎么说?
What a man with two penises would say when his tailor ask s him
有两个老二的人会怎么说 裁缝问他
if he dresses to the right or to the left. What’s that?
他衣服要向左还是向右?那是什么?
Yes.
我答应
I knew you had sense.
我知道你有判断力
Sense is something you have when you have a choice.
只有在你做选择时 才会有判断力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!