新墨西哥领土,1882年
兰德尔,恐怕我得把你的两个人带回镇上
Randall, I’m afraid I gotta take two of your boys back into town with me.
你没有这个权利,警长
You’re outside your jurisdiction, marshal.
而且你还非法侵入我的土地
And you’re trespassing on my land.
他们谋杀了那个芝加哥人 然后又奸♥杀♥了他的妻子
They murdered that fellow from Chicago, and then they raped and killed his wife.
我要把他们带走
I’m taking them in.
不行
No.
我不会让你带走他们的
I can’t spare them.
那他们俩完蛋了,把他们解决掉
Them two on the end. Cut them out.
照我说的做
Do like I tell you.
阿帕鲁萨镇
像我父亲一样,我上过西点军校 我是个很不错的士兵
HITCH: Like my father, I’d been West Point, and I was good at soldiering.
可是当士兵不能有太多个人色彩
But soldiering didn’t allow for much expansion of the soul.
所以,当各洲之间爆发了战争 在与印第安人打了一年后…
So after the War Between the States and a year of fighting Indians…
…我退了役,离开了那里 去闯自己的一片天地
…I turned in my commission and rode away to see how much I could expand it.
我第一次遇见维吉尔·科尔的时候…
First time I met virgil Cole was when I and my eight-gauge…
…他正在和几个喝醉的山民摊牌…
…backed him up in a showdown he was having…
…我用我的8口径枪救了他
…with some drunken mountain men.
维吉尔当场就问我,是否愿意做他的搭档…
Virgil asked me on the spot if I’d care to partner up with him…
…和他一起维护和平
…and his peacekeeping business.
所以我现在和他在一起 而且还带着那时的8口径
Which is why I was with him now, and why I still carry the eight-gauge.
过去十几年来我们一直在维护和平
We’d been keeping the peace together for the last dozen years or so.
当我们俯视着阿帕鲁萨镇…
And as we looked down on a town called Appaloosa…
…我毫不怀疑我们所做的…
…I had no reason to doubt that we’d be doing just that…
…正是为了预知的未来
…for the foreseeable future.
可现实总能阻止一切预知成真…
But life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens…
…让你的生活充满未知
…and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
黑帽子,一定是科尔
The black hat. Must be Cole.
他们来了
They’re here.
你们好
Howdy.
杰克·贝尔和他的副官去了布拉格那里…
RAINES: Jack Bell and his deputies went up to Bragg’s place…
…去抓那两个杀了克莱顿·波斯顿…
…to arrest the men that murdered Clayton Poston…
…并奸♥杀♥了他妻子的凶手
…and raped and killed his wife.
自那以后就再没看到杰克·贝尔及其副官了
And Jack Bell and his deputies were never seen again.
我认识杰克·贝尔,他是个很好的人
I knew Jack Bell. He was a good man.
这家伙,布拉格…
HITCH: This fella, Bragg…
…有什么背景?
…what’s his story?
他说自己从纽约市来
He says he’s from New York City.
声称和切斯特·亚瑟在那的海关共事过
Claims that he worked with Chester Arthur in the customs office up there.
切斯特·亚瑟,美国总统?
Chester Arthur, President of the United States?
布拉格这么说的
RAINES: That’s what Bragg claims.
他来这到底干嘛?
What the hell’s he doing out here?
– 他在找铜矿 – 伯爵
– He’s after the copper fields. – Earl.
– 什么? – 让艾布纳说
– What? – Let Abner speak, please.
他在说啊
He is speaking.
因为印第安人的缘故 矿山在1875年被关闭了
The mines shut down back in ’75 because of the Apache problem.
最终我们和一家芝加哥公♥司♥达成交易…
We finally made a deal…
…继续开采矿山
…with a company out of Chicago to get the operation going again.
注意,这是一桩公平的交易
A fair deal, mind you.
然后这个杀人恶棍就出现了,而且…
Then this murdering scoundrel turns up and…
– 菲尔 – 什么?
– Phil. – What?
凶杀发生后我们的投资人就走了
Our investors pulled out right after the killings.
布拉格和他的人让我们大家战战兢兢
Bragg and his men have got us all running scared.
他们在我店里买♥♥东西从不付钱
They buy supplies in my store and they don’t pay for them.
他们骚扰这里的女人
They harass our women.
使用出租所的马匹,从不归还
They use horses from the livery and don’t bring them back.
随意吃喝,从不付钱
They eat and drink whatever they like and never pay.
就像北美小狼以水牛尸体为食一样 他们靠我们为生
They’ve been living off of us like coyotes live off a buffalo carcass.
食肉的都喜欢死水牛
Everything that eats meat likes a dead buffalo.
科尔先生,希什先生…
Mr. Cole, Mr. Hitch…
…我们想恢复我们的小镇 我们会付给你们酬劳的
…we want our town back, and we are ready to pay your price.
你怎么说,埃弗雷特?
What do you allow, Everett?
– 我们怎么做 – 接下了,对吧?
– What we do. – It is, ain’t it?
那么你们答应了?
Then you’ll do it?
– 当然 – 哦,谢天谢地
– Sure. – Oh, thank God.
科尔先生和我会用武力解决…
Mr. Cole and I will do the gun work…
…但我们会更严密地封锁小镇
…but we’re gonna button the town up tighter than a nun’s corset.
我们要你们制定一些我们能强制执行的法律
We need you to make laws we can enforce.
我们有法律
We got laws.
你们会有更多 我们有不少需要合法化的法律
HITCH: You’re gonna have more. We need a lot of laws to make it all legal.
好吧,当然可以,我是说 如果合理的话,我们会放入附则里
Well, sure. I mean, if it seems reasonable, we’ll just put them right into the bylaws.
– 不行 – 你说不行?
– No. – No what?
基本来说,科尔先生说的就是法律
It basically states that whatever Mr. Cole says is law.
– 这意味着你们要管理这个小镇 – 是的
– This means you’d be running the town. – It does.
我们不能答应
We can’t have that.
我是说,你们要我们 也就是说,把小镇交给你们
I mean, you’re asking us, so to speak, to turn the town over to you.
就我所预见的 无论如何你们都会把它交出来的
Far as I can see, you’re gonna turn it over anyway.
– 我们或布拉格 – 雷恩斯先生
– Us or Bragg. – Mr. Raines.
我现在没空,蒂尔达
RAINES: Not now, Tilda.
– 酒吧那有麻烦,雷恩斯先生 – 蒂尔达
– Trouble in the bar, Mr. Raines. – Tilda.
– 是布拉格先生的人 – 哦,上帝啊
– It’s Mr. Bragg’s men. OLSON: Oh, Jesus, God.
他们有四个人,都带着枪
There’s four of them. They have guns.
在底部签上你们的名字吧,绅士们
HITCH: Space for your signature down at the bottom, gentlemen.
哦,天哪,都签了吧
Oh, for God’s sake, give me that.
那…
So…
签了这鬼东西,艾布纳…
Sign the damn thing, Abner…
…这些人就能履行他们的职责了
…so these men can do what they came here to do.
你个混♥蛋♥,查克
BRONC: You piss like a mare, Chalk.
胖子,再给我一杯
Fat, give me another one.
让他们闭嘴
Button them up.
– 见鬼的你是谁? – 维吉尔·科尔
– Who the fuck are you? – Virgil Cole.
维吉尔·科尔?
Virgil Cole?
废话少说
No shit.
嗨,查克,维吉尔·科尔要我们闭嘴
Hey, Chalk, Virgil Cole wants us to button up.
再靠近,维吉尔·科尔,我会让你好看
Step a little closer, Virgil Cole, and I’ll piss in your pocket.
伙计们,我是新的警长 放下投降吧
Fellas, I’m the new city marshal. Put it away or lose it.
– 嗨,布朗克,他们有一个新警长 – 把你们手上的家伙扔掉
– Hey, Bronc, they got a new city marshal. – Put your little contraptions away.
我会把你们扔进监狱,我可不想吓到马匹
I’m gonna walk you down to the jailhouse. I don’t wanna spook the horses.
你不能把我们怎么样,维吉尔·科尔
You ain’t walking us nowhere, Virgil Cole.
你们开枪的话,无论是你们哪一个…
You pull on me, either one of you…
…我都会杀了你们俩
…l’ll kill you both.
胡扯
Bullshit.
我没有开枪,先生,我没有开枪
I ain’t shooting, mister. I ain’t shooting.
把你的枪给我
HITCH: Give me your gun.
我警告过他们了
I warned them.
– 警长 – 早上好,奥尔森先生
– Marshal. – Morning, Mr. Olson.
是布拉格和他的人 他的一些人刚刚在监狱找你,先生
Bragg and his men, some of them were at the jail looking for you, sir.
我不在监狱
Well, I ain’t at the jail.
是,我明白
Yes, I can see that.
坐在这就能更好地看清外面的情况 是不是, 埃弗雷特?
Get a better view of what’s going on sitting right here, don’t we, Everett?
嗯哼
HITCH: Mm-hm.
我们该怎么办?
What should we do?
– 关于什么? – 嗯,布拉格和他的人
– About what? – Well, about Bragg and his men.
什么都不做,菲尔
Don’t do nothing, Phil.
哦,天哪
Oh, my God.
我是兰德尔·布拉格
My name’s Randall Bragg.
维吉尔·科尔
Virgil Cole.
我知道你
I know who you are.
我们得谈谈
We need to talk.
我只想知道…
COLE: The only thing I need from you…
…杰克·贝尔怎么了
…is what happened to Jack Bell.
关于那事我无能为力,警长
Can’t help you there, marshal.
我注意到那边的家伙拿着猎枪
I see the fellow with the shotgun there.
8口径
Eight-gauge.
好主意,像这样谈话
Good idea, spreading out like that.
是的
It is.
– 你喝酒吗,警长? – 不多
– You a drinking man, marshal? – Not so much.
呃,那边拿着8口径的呢?
And, uh, Mr. Eight-Gauge over there?
埃弗雷特·希什先生
COLE: Mr. Everett Hitch.
你喝酒吗,埃弗雷特?
BRAGG: You a drinking man, Everett?
不多
Not so much.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!