感谢这些博物馆允许我们
拍摄文森特·梵高的绘画作品:
没有他们和世界各地的私人收藏者的帮助
这位伟大画家的故事将无法搬上银幕
米高梅公♥司♥ 发行
柯克·道格拉斯 主演
片名:欲海浮生
(又名梵高传)
安东尼·奎因 联合主演
根据欧文·斯通同名小说改编
联合制片 朱迪·金伯格
制片 约翰·豪斯曼
导演 文森特·明奈利
比利时信仰使徒委员会
You are now qualified for evangelical work…
授予你们从事福音教派工作的资格
under the auspices of the Belgian Committee of the Messengers of the Faith.
愿主时时处处引导你们,扶助你们
May the Lord guide you and sustain you in all your ways.
祝贺您,波茨曼博士 这些年青人很有前途
Congratulations, Dr. Bosman. A very creditable group of young men.
至于那一位年青人,波茨曼博士
Now about this other young man, Dr. Bosman.
您确定他完全没有希望吗?
Are you sure he’s quite hopeless?
先生们,我培养过许多学生 从事福音教派工作
Gentlemen, I’ve trained a great many students in evangelical work…
但是我一生中 从来没有遇到过这种情况
…but never in my life have I come across a case quite like this.
他离开稿子就不会讲话
He is completely unable to speak extemporary.
他写的布道词长而晦涩,连自己都记不住…
He prepares long and obscure sermons which he’s unable to memorize…
不得不照本宣科 而且像是一个结结巴巴、口齿不清的孩子
and has to read like a stumbling and inarticulate child.
先生们,我们能派这样一个人,代表我们的教会…
Now, gentlemen, can we send that kind of man out into the field…
到第一线去工作吗?
to represent our society?
彼得斯博士,我认为那就是最后的决定了
Dr. Peeters, I think that’s conclusive.
波茨曼博士,请让他进来吧
Dr. Bosman, ask him to come in, please.
梵高先生,我们审议了波茨曼博士 关于您的学业的报告
Mr. Van Gogh, we have Dr. Bosman’s report on your progress here.
-考虑到他的意见… -您应该了解…
– In view of what he’s told us… – You understand…
如果您的导师认为您不合格…
if your teacher feels that you’re unqualified…
本委员会就不能委派您担任教职
this committee cannot give you an appointment.
我们对此深表遗憾
We regret it more than we can say.
先生们,委员会今天的工作到此为止,彼得斯博士
Gentlemen, I think that concludes Committee business for today.
梵高先生,您觉得委员会的决定不公正吗?
Mr. Van Gogh, do you feel that the Committee were unjust in their decision?
-不是,先生 -鉴于您的表现…
– No, sir. – We did what we had to do…
我们这样做也是不得已的
in view of your records.
-是的,先生 -请过来一下
– Yes, sir. – Come here.
令尊是位牧师,对吗?
Your father is a minister, is he not?
我并不是为了拥有家父的地位
I’m not trying to put myself on a level with my father.
我只是希望在某个方面继承他的事业
I only hoped in some way to follow in his footsteps.
可是,直到一年前…
Yet, until a year ago…
您还无意听从令尊的安排
you showed no inclination or desire to follow your father’s calling.
相信我,这是我必须做的事情 我想帮助那些不幸的人
Believe me, this is something I have to do. I want to help the unfortunates.
我想向他们传播上帝之道
I want to bring them the word of God.
即便我没有及格,也一定会有我可以效力的地方
Even if I’m not qualified, there must be some way I can serve.
难道没有任何地方可以派我去吗? 有没有别人不愿意去的地方?
Isn’t there any place for me? Somewhere no one else wants to go?
我什么都可以做 给我些事做吧 给我事做!
I’ll do anything. Only use me. Use me!
到这里来
Come here.
-您知道这个地区吗? -不知道
– Do you know this part of the country? – No.
这是煤矿区博里纳日
It’s a coal-mining region, the Borinage.
世界上最痛苦的人…
There exist no more miserable people on the face of the earth…
莫过于生活在那里的矿工了
than the miners who live there.
如果您真的想要帮助不幸的人…
If you really mean what you said about wanting to help the unfortunates…
您可以去这里试一试
here’s your chance.
“追随上帝的心灵…
“The heart that seeks God…
“承受着无比汹涌的风暴
“has more storms than any others.
“在我们这里,生活是一场挣扎
“Life is a struggle here below.
“而在我们的苦难之中…
“Yet out of our sufferings…
“上帝的教诲使我们升华
“God teaches us higher things.
“他要求…”
“He wills…”
“他要求人们谦卑地生活…
“He wills that man should live humbly…
“永远不要好高骛远…
“and go through life not reaching after lofty aims…
“而要扎根于下层,聆听上帝的福音…
“but fitting himself to the lowly and learning from the Gospels…
“要做谦恭,心地纯朴的人 ”
“to be meek, simple of heart.”
圣父啊,我们祈求您让我们远离邪恶与绝望
Father, we pray to thee to keep us from evil and despair.
用不朽的食粮喂养我们,为我们领路吧
Feed us with the bread that does not perish, which is thy word.
主啊,阿门
O Lord, amen.
先生!
Mister!
-我不知道您叫什么,但是… -杜克里克
– I don’t know what your name is, but… – Ducrucq.
您为什么离开?我说错了什么吗?
Why did you leave? Did I say something wrong?
我看见您离开的,我的话得罪了您吗?
I saw you leave. What did I say that offended you?
只不过因为今天是礼拜日…
Just because it’s Sunday…
所以我们不听那套虔诚的废话…
you don’t expect us to listen to the kind of pious bilge…
-就是您刚才说的那些 -废话?
– you gave us just now. – Bilge?
您看,我为这次布道准备了整整一个礼拜 我说的每一个字都是发自内心的
Look, I worked all week on that sermon. I meant every word of it.
听着,先生,外边不断有人到这儿来…
Listen, mister. Every now and then, somebody comes here from the outside…
想要帮助我们
and tries to help us.
他们都是好意,您多半也是,但是结果对我们毫无帮助,不是吗?
They mean well. So do you, probably, but that doesn’t help us at all, does it?
我想向您传播上帝之道
I want to bring you the word of God.
-我能做什么呢?告诉我 -我不知道
– What can I do? Tell me. – I don’t know.
帮助我,帮助我了解你们吧…
Help me. Help me to understand you people…
让我认识您,带我去您家里吧,您住的地方
to know you. Take me into your homes where you live.
我们不住这儿
We don’t live here.
我们只是来这里睡觉
We only come here to sleep.
地下500米,那才是我们住的地方
Down there, 2,000 feet underground, that’s where we live.
我可以下去吗?带上我
Can I go down? Take me.
-您会带我下去吗? -没问题,我可以安排
– Will you take me down? – Sure, I can arrange it.
我早上去矿里,您到这儿来
Be here in the morning when I go to work.
凌晨4点
At 4:00.
我和您一样,心里也在哆嗦
I’m trembling inside of me just as much as you are.
虽然我下井33年了
And I’ve been going down for 33 years.
-那孩子多大了? -十一岁
– How old is that child? – Eleven.
-她在这儿工作多久了 -一年
– How long has she been working here? – A year.
她父亲在瓦斯爆♥炸♥时死了
Her father was killed in the explosion.
听着,先生,外边不断有人到这儿来…
Listen, mister. Every now and then, somebody comes here from the outside…
想要帮助我们
and tries to help us.
他们都是好意,您多半也是,但是结果对我们毫无帮助,不是吗?
They mean well. So do you, probably, but that doesn’t help us at all, does it?
杜克里克
Ducrucq.
快下来!有人…
Come down! Somebody…
你们为什么不下来,和我们一起等?
Why don’t you come down and wait with us?
你们还在等什么?
What are you waiting for?
我给受伤的人找了一条毯子,还有一些面包
I’ve got a blanket in there for one of the wounded, and some bread.
您自己怎么办?
What about you?
等我一下
Wait for me.
梵高
Van Gogh.
您好像不记得我们了
I see you don’t remember us.
我们是信仰使徒委员会的
From the Committee of the Messengers of the Faith.
我很高兴你们来了,你们有没有给家属带食物和衣服?
I’m glad you’ve come. Did you bring food and clothes for the families?
-家属?-又出事故了?
– Families? – Another accident?
-您不知道吗? -我很难过听到这个消息
– You didn’t know? – I’m sorry to hear it.
-死人很多吗? -六个
– Were there many lost? – Six.
-四个男人,两个孩子,28人受伤 -可怕
– Four men, two children, 28 injured. – Terrible.
我看看我们能做些什么
I’ll see what we can do.
我们这个时候来,真是不幸
It’s unfortunate our visit should have come at this time.
但这是彼得斯大人的意愿
But it was Rev. Peeters’ wish.
我们是来视察的
The purpose of our coming here is an inspection.
请原谅,先生们,我这就回来
Excuse me, gentlemen. I’ll be right back.
-这究竟算什么? -您是领♥取♥生活费的啊
– Just what is the meaning of this? – You receive an allowance.
您怎么会选择住在村里最破烂、最肮脏的棚子里?
Why have you chosen to live in the most wretched, filthy shack in this village?
因为我们如果不能分担他们的苦难…
Because we have no right to spread the word of God to these people…
我们就无权向这些人传播上帝之道
unless we suffer as they do.
您自己就不干净 您的衣服又脏又破
You yourself are unclean. Your clothes are ragged and dirty.
这里有的人都没有衣服穿
There are people here who have no clothes.
您是要告诉我们 您就是睡在这堆肮脏的草上…
Do you mean to tell us you actually sleep on this dirt and straw…
象田野里的野兽?您,小区的精神领袖?
like a beast of the field? You, the spiritual leader of the community?
我把床给了一位生病的女人,她比我更需要
I gave my bed to a sick woman who needed it more than I.
您刚刚参加这个工作 我不怀疑您是出于好心
You are new in this work. I have no doubt you mean well.
但是您的行为… 您贬低了教会的尊严…
But by your behavior, you’ve degraded the dignity of the church…
-您到底是谁的代表? -您难道连体面都不讲了吗?
– whose representative you are. – Have you no sense of decency?
您不明白如果教士要得到尊敬…
Don’t you understand that if the clergy is to be respected…
我才不管什么尊敬不尊敬!
I don’t care to be respected!
我要努力生活得像一个真正的基♥督♥徒
I’m trying to live like a true Christian.
我不想担心如何睡觉
I’m not going to worry about how I sleep.
去看看墓地里那些刚刚埋葬的孩子吧
Look at the fresh graves of the children in the cemetery.
和女人们一道刮地板,拣煤渣吧
Scrub floors and pick coal with the women.
让这些好衣服粘上死去矿工的血和汗吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!