Is that even possible Sam?
萨姆 这么做可行吗
Yes, but at what cost?
可行 但是代价呢
I’ll have to pay.
我会付钱的
Really?
真的吗
I think so.
我想是的
Where does this gonna come back to us?
这么做在哪些方面会对我们有影响
Everywhere.
各个方面
Sam, I don’t think you seem
萨姆 我觉得你没有
to understand what your boy here had just said.
理解你手下前面分析的
If I made you…
如果硬要你卖呢
how would you do it?
你准备怎么个卖法
Well, you call the traders in for their normal 6:30 meeting
六点半的时候你召集交易员开一个例会
and you be honest with them.
会上和他们实话实说
Because they’re gonna know it’s the end either way.
因为他们总会觉察到大事不妙
So you’d have to throw them a bone,
所以你得给他们点甜头
and a pretty big one.
非常甜的那种
And then, you’ve gotta come out of the gate storming.
之后 就需在短时间内清仓
No swaps. No nothing.
不要搞什么掉期交易
40 percent done by 10:15; by 11 o’clock
到十点一刻卖出百分之四十 到十一点
all your trades have to be gone.
要完成所有交易
‘Cos by lunch time
因为到了午饭时间
words are gonna be out.
消息就会传开的
And by two o’clock you’ll be
到了下午两点
getting 65 cents on the dollar, if you’re lucky,
原价一美元能卖六十五美分你已经算走运了
and the feds will be in here up your ass,
而且到时候证监局会找上门来
trying to slow us down.
试图减慢我们抛售的速度
Ramesh? They can slow you down…
拉梅什 他们能让我们减速
but they can’t stop you. It’s yours to sell.
但是不能阻止你 你有权出售
John, even if..
约翰 即使
we manage to pull that off, and that’s saying something,
我们能全部抛售掉 事实上很困难
the real question is
真正的问题是
who are we selling this to?
我们卖给谁啊
The same people we’ve been selling
卖给这两年里的
to for the last two years, and whoever else will buy it.
老客户以及所有愿意买的人
But John, if you do this,
但是约翰 如果你这么干
you would’ve killed that market for years. It’s over.
你会让整个市场消沉好几年 一切都完了
And you are selling something that you know has no value.
而且你明知道卖出的东西一文不值
We are selling to willing buyers
我们以公平的市场价格
at a current fair market price,
卖给那些有意愿的买家
so that we may survive!
只求生存下来
You’ll never sell anything to any of those people ever again.
那你再也别想和这些人做买卖了
I understand. Do you?
我懂的 真的吗
Do You?
你懂吗
This is it!
这就是现实
I’m telling you. This is it.
告诉你 这就是现实
Now it’s four o’clock.
四点了
Jared you’ve got till 5:00
贾德 五点之前
to break this down and draw me up a plan.
你要搞定这问题 想个对策出来
Is there anybody else who
还有谁
knows what’s in here at the moment, block by block?
知道这事儿吗
Eric Dale.
艾瑞克·戴尔
Where is he?
他人呢
As of today he is no longer with the firm.
昨天我们把他解雇了
We have been trying to locate him.
我们正试着找到他
Carmelo? Yes?
卡梅隆 是的
Get me Eric Dale here by six.
六点之前把艾瑞克·戴尔带来
It’s done.
没问题
We meet back here in an hour.
我们过一小时在这里集中
Sam, let’s talk.
萨姆 我们谈谈
This is a hell of a town.
这城市真雄伟啊
I’ve always loved this place.
我一直很喜欢这里
Since the day I arived.
从我来这儿的第一天起
Everything about it.
就喜欢上了这里的一切
Sam, are you gonna go with me on this?
萨姆 这件事上你支持我吗
I don’t know John.
我不知道 约翰
This one is very ugly.
这做法太卑鄙了
You and I were salesmen.
我们都干过销售
We sell. That’s what we do.
我们负责销售 是我们的本职
It’s not complicated.
一点不复杂
Exactly.
确实如此
And you know damn well
你也清楚
you don’t make sell anyting to anybody
我们销售的前提的是
unless you think the guy is gonna come back for more.
确定买家会再次光顾
That’s the lesson we learned.
那是我们的信条
And tomorrow we are done.
但是明天你要我们背信弃义
But this is it, Sam.
但现实如此 萨姆
You keep saying that.
你老说这话
What’s that supposed to mean?
到底什么意思
This is the big one.
这是次很大的劫数
Most of us aren’t gonna make it out of this one.
我们中的很多人过不了这关
Us? The street.
什么我们 干我们这行的
What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
This isn’t the last situation i will have to deal with this week.
这不会是我这周收拾的最后一个烂摊
This is just the start.
这只是个开始
It’s the start because you are starting it.
那只是因为你起了头
Maybe. But I don’t believe that.
或许吧 但是我不相信
Not this time.
这次不一样
The numbers just don’t add up anymore.
这些资产怎么估值都不对
Well, I agree with you there.
这点我同意
I’ve been saying that for years.
这话我都说了好几年了
I mean if this kid out there can come up with this thing…
如果门外那孩子都能发觉这点
I don’t think I can go in knowing what I know
我觉得我不能装不知道
and put the hammer down on these guys like this.
而把这残酷现实让他们负担
When did you start becoming so soft, Sam?
萨姆 你什么时候这么软弱了
Fuck you soft, you’re panicking.
去你妈的软弱 你都惊慌失措了
If you’re the first one out the door,
第一个离席的
that’s not called panicking.
那不叫惊慌失措
Well, you are obviously
显然
operating with more information than I have.
你知道的消息比我多
But I think this could destroy this firm.
但我认为这么做会毁了这家公司
No one will ever trust you again.
没人再会相信你
Knowingly putting people out of business. Full stop.
你故意把别人排挤出这行 不给别人后路
Let me deal with that, Sam.
这是我的事 萨姆
How’d that go?
怎么样了
This is a fucking shit show.
这真是场难看的表演
They are gonna go with it? Probably.
他们会那么做吗 很可能
Jesus!
老天啊
Remember this day boys.
伙计们 牢记这一天
Remember this day.
牢记这一天
What’s the strategy here?
你有什么对策
Well, that’s why I’m headed downstairs,
我这不正要下楼去
to work it with my guys.
和手下一起研究呢么
No, not you and I with John.
不是的 我是指我们对付约翰的策略
I’m not sure that we need one.
我觉得那个没必要吧
Sarah. That’s not the way I do things.
萨拉 这不是我做事的风格
Please.
拜托
Listen, he knows where we are still on this.
听着 他知道我们在这件事上的立场
All along.
他一直都清楚
That’s exactly my point.
我就是这个意思
And knowing what was discussed by both you and I,
考虑到那些我们谈论过的事情
I don’t think this could provide you with anything
你这种态度除了能稍许聊以自慰之外
other than a false sense of comfort.
对你没有任何好处
I’m not looking for sense of comfort.
我不是在寻求安慰
I don’t think there’s one to be found.
我知道根本找不到安慰
So again, what’s the strategy?
再问一遍 我们怎么应对
I’m just not sure there’s much more to do in this.
我认为这事儿已经无能为力了
It’s very simple.
事情很简单
Don’t even think of fucking me on this.
别打算拿我当替罪羊
Because if we are going down,
因为如果我倒了
you damn well know we’ll be together.
我会拖你一起下水的 你知道的

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章触不可及
下一篇文章BJ单身日记
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!