我应该跳过去吗
Should l just jump over?
对不起 我
l’m sorry, l…
以前我和人们的关系很好的
…l used to be better with people.
你是说你以前很有魅力吗
So you used to be charming?
可惜我错过了
Sorry l missed that.
餐厅里的那个男人是谁
Who is that man in the diner?
陈年旧事了
lt’s an old thing.
我不是想查探你得私事
l don’t want to pry.
有多老
How old?
这就是你要做的吗 调查
So this is what you do? Research?
不 实际上 这个叫谈话
No, actually, it’s called conversation.
也许我能帮到你 我有地位
l might be able to help you. l have a degree.
你在八年级时抢了他的女朋友
So you stole his girlfriend in the eighth grade?

No.
我和他的妹妹结婚了
l married his sister.
轮到你了
So, your turn.
对吗
Right?
已婚吗
Still married?
你呢
You?
我有一个儿子
l have a son.
一个很好的儿子
A great son.
常常约会吗
Date much?
你呢
You?
你跟上条理了
You’re getting the hang of this.
小心你的头
Watch your head with the boom.
有你妈妈的消息吗
Do you hear from your mama?
收到一封信
Got a letter.
还是不喜欢你
Still doesn’t like you.
聪明
No fooling.
对你来说有点小
Looks a little small for you.
什么
What?
这个夹克
The jacket.
什么夹克
What jack–
是她的 – 谁的
lt’s hers. – Whose?
今天来的那个女人
Woman from today.
她忘在船上了
She left it on board.
那你告诉她了吗 给她打电♥话♥了吗
Well, did you tell her? Did you call her?
没有
No.
我想你可以去镇上的旅馆 帮我把这个给她
l thought maybe you’d drop it off for me in town at the hotel.
我才不去 你自己送去
l’m not going to do it. Take her the jacket.
你不想再看到她吗
You don’t want to see her again?
也许吧
Maybe.
所以
So?
所以 爸爸 这不是一件容易的事
So, Dad, it’s not an easy thing.
你来当她
You be her.
我当你
l’ll be you.
这是你的夹克
Here’s your jacket.
夹克像这样
Jackets like that…
你知道的不是每个星期都会出现
…don’t come along every week, you know.
等一下
One second.
你忘了这个
You forgot this.
谢谢
Thank you.
我在这呆着 我没有注意到我忘了夹克
l stayed in. l didn’t even notice.
谢谢
Thanks.
你要进来吗
You want to come in?
不错的地方啊
Nice place.
这是维多利亚时代1911年建造的
lt’s Victorian, 191 1 .
在1944这里改成旅馆了
Made into an inn in 1944.
但是
But…
你可能知道这些吧
…you probably knew all that stuff.
我从没来过这儿
l’ve never been in here.

Oh, well.
你为什么没有来过这呢 你是来至于这里的
Why would you be in here? You’re from here.
这是你的家乡
This is your hometown.
今天我真的很高兴
l had a really good time today.
帆船很好
The boat did well.
我们不会汲水或其他的什么
We didn’t have to bail or anything.
谢谢你把夹克送来
Thanks for bringing the jacket.
不客气
You’re welcome.
我只能说8次谢谢了
l just said thank you about eight times…
因为我不知道我该说什么
…because l have no idea what to say.
我不想知道为什么你会来这 因为你也不知道你该说什么
l wonder why you’re here, because you don’t know what to say either.
我也想知道
l’m wondering that too.
你吃肉吗
You eat meat?
吃红肉
Eat red meat?
有时候吃
Sometimes.
我做牛扒很棒的
l make a perfect steak.
那是我做拿手的
lt’s the best thing l do.
你在吹牛 – 我知道
You’re bragging. – l know.
但是那是真的
But it’s true.
那很有趣啊 谢谢你告诉我
Well, that’s very interesting. Thanks for telling me.
我愿意为你做一个
l’d like to make you one…
明天晚上
…tomorrow night.
你会吗
You would?
你知道 今天在船上
You know, on the boat today…
我也很开心
…l had a good time too.
几点了
What time?
6点
Six.
福斯特街18号♥
lt’s 18 Foster Lane.
我知道
l know.
你知道
You do?
我知道
l know…
它是在水上 对吗
…it’s got to be on the water. Right?
对啊 所有的一切都是在水上
Right. Everything’s on the water.
晚安 – 再见
Night. – See you.
你找到了
You found it.
进来吧
Come in.
我不知道你住的这么近
l didn’t know you were so close.
你走着来的
You walked!
我希望你会喜欢红酒
l hope you like red.
我喜欢 我已经开一瓶
l do. l already have one opened.
你需要帮忙吗
You need some help?
不需要
No.
只是
Just…
你自便吧
…make yourself welcome.
我可以给你倒一杯吗 – 是的 谢谢
Can l pour you a glass? – Yeah, please.
多好的房♥子啊
What a great house!
这的灯光
The light in here… .
我喜欢这个帆船的油画
l love this boat painting.
真不敢相信 几乎可以听到它
lt’s incredible. You can hear it, almost.
风声
The wind.
是当地画家画的吗
ls it a local artist?
是我妻子 凯瑟琳画的
lt’s my wife, Catherine.
她两年前去世了
She died two years ago.
对不起
l’m sorry.
你也画画吗
Do you paint also?
在我读大学的时爸爸就去世了
My dad died when l was in college.
我记得妈妈把他的一件衬衫
l remember my mom kept one of his shirts…
放在卧室里的一把椅子上
…on the back of a chair in my parents’ bedroom.
她把它放在那可能是
And she probably left it there for… .
也许现在还在那 我不知道
Maybe it’s still there, l don’t know.
我有点紧张
Look, l was nervous…
我喝了太多酒了
…so l drank too much wine.
但是有些事我应该告诉你
But listen, there’s something that l should tell you.
我也紧张
l was nervous too.
我只是
l just… .
什么
What?
我不
l didn’t… .
我没有做过这个
l don’t do this.
感谢上帝
Thank God.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!