我不能游泳了
when I couldn’t swim.
我意识到我甚至不知道自己是谁
I just realized I didn’t even know who I was.
别人也不知道
And neither did anybody else.
和我一起上了15年学的那些孩子
All these kids that I’ve been going to school with for 15 years,
他们只是把我看成是游泳池里的那个人
they just saw me as that guy in the pool.
我再也不用过那种生活了
I don’t have to live that life anymore.
你要知道…你不是泳池里的那个人
You know… You’re not the guy in the pool.
但你不是那个不努力的人
But you’re not the guy that doesn’t try either.
现在就做你能做的 然后再做决定
Do everything you can right now, and then decide.
因为此时此刻才是最重要的
Because now is all that matters.
你说的很对 – 嗯
You’re right. – Good.
说起明天早上
Speaking of tomorrow morning,
你准备好迎接地球上最伟大的日出了吗?
ready for the greatest sunrise on the planet?
你说什么?
What?
查理 现在几点了?
Charlie, what time is it?
4点50分了
It’s 4:50.
这不防水
It’s not waterproof.
我的天哪 – 怎么了?
Oh, my God. – What?
天哪! – 凯蒂 等等!
Oh, my God! – Katie, wait!
凯蒂 你要干什么? – 我得走了!
Katie, what are you doing? – I need to go!
凯蒂 等等!
Katie, wait!
凯蒂!
Katie!

Shit.
凯蒂 上车 让我开车送你
Katie, get in, let me drive you.
走 查理 快走!
Go, Charlie, go!
凯蒂! 到底是怎么回事?
Katie! What the hell is going on?
你得有多快开多快! – 好 我尽量 我尽量
You have to go as fast as you can! – Okay, I’m going, I’m going.
凯蒂 怎么… – 拜托你只管开车 查理
Katie, what… – Please just go, Charlie.
你吓到我了 – 你得加速!
You’re scaring me. – You have to speed!
再快点! – 好 好!
Faster! – Okay, okay!
哦 我的上帝
Oh, my God.
凯蒂!
Katie!
凯蒂!
Katie!
凯蒂!
Katie!
凯蒂 凯蒂
Katie. Katie.
凯蒂
Katie.
凯蒂 你和我说句话好吗?
Katie, will you please just talk to me?
凯蒂 和我说句话!
Katie, please just talk to me!
嘿! 她在里面吗? – 在的
Hey! Is she inside? – Yes.
她在里面? 让开!
Is she in there? Move!
你怎么能让这事发生在她身上?
How could you let this happen to her?
让什么事发生? 到底怎么回事?
Let what happen? What happen?
她没有告诉你吗?
Did she not tell you?
告诉我什么? 我不知道怎么回事!
Tell me what? I have no idea what’s going on!
她病了! 她病了
She’s sick! She’s sick.
你说她病了是什么意思? – 她患有XP
What do you mean she’s sick? – She has XP.
她根本不能在阳光下活动 这会杀了她的
She can’t go in the sun at all. It can kill her.
对不起
I’m sorry.
凯蒂?
Katie?
这家医院挺好
This is a nice hospital.
我敢说吃的一定很棒
I bet they have really good food.
凯蒂·普莱斯?
Katie Price?
我们准备好了
We’re ready.
好像也就一秒钟的样子 如果真晒到的话
It was like a second, if that.
对吧? 一切都会好的
Okay? Everything’s gonna be fine.
放心吧 普先生
We’re good, Mr. P.
嘿 她怎么样了?
Hey. Is she okay?
好了 凯蒂 你可以坐起来了
Okay, Katie, you can sit up.
简护士会带你到外面去
Nurse Jane will take you back outside.
其实我想留下来
Um, actually, I wanna stay.
好吧
Okay.
阳光接触得很少
The sunlight exposure was minimal.
你现在看到的物理效果会治愈的
The physical effects you’re seeing right now will heal.
但是 你也知道 XP通常处于潜伏期
But, as you know, XP generally lies dormant
直到遇上触发事件
until there’s a triggering event.
我们还不知道有没有问题
We won’t know if that’s what this was
只有等我们从你的血液检查和CT扫描中得到结果
until we get the results back from your blood work and CT scans.
如果这是触发事件呢?
And if this was a triggering event?
船到桥头自然直 会有办法的
We’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.
如果你有任何症状
If you experience any symptoms,
比如意外摇晃 肌肉疼痛 运动功能丧失
unexpected shaking, muscular pain, loss of motor function,
你需要立即通知我们
you need to let us know immediately.
知道了 我去穿衣服了
Okay. I’m gonna go get dressed now.
我白天真的很忙
I’m really busy during the day,
但我晚上有空
but I could be free at night.
我晚上有空
I can be free at night.
威斯康辛大学怎么讲? 研究如何了?
What about UW? What about the study?
他们开始了第二阶段了吗?
Have they started the second phase?
上周我跟进了他们 还没有消息
I followed up with them last week. No news yet.
好吧 谢谢
Okay. Thanks.
好了 查理 我们回去工作吧
All right, Charlie. Let’s get back to work.
听着 我知道我告诉过你要欲擒故纵
Look, I know I told you to play hard to get,
但你至少应该看看他要说些什么
but you should at least see what he has to say.
他问能不能过来跟你谈谈
He’s asking if he can come over and talk to you.
不要
Don’t.
删了吧
Please just delete them.
凯蒂
Katie.
如果我看了 我就会回复
Look, if I read them, then I’m gonna reply,
然后他也会回复 然后我们就会见面
then he’s gonna reply, and then we’re gonna meet up.
我们不能见面
Which we can’t.
为什么不可以? 我…
Why can’t you? I…
你不必为了照顾查理的感受而牺牲自己
You don’t have to be a martyr just to protect Charlie’s feelings.
他是大人了 我相信他能应付
He’s a big boy. I’m sure he can handle it.
我应付不来 好吗?
I can’t handle it. Okay?
他会很受伤的 而我不想成为那个伤害他的人
He’s gonna get hurt, and I’m not gonna be the one who hurts him.
所以 拜托你把它们删了好吗?
So, please, can you just delete them?
好吧
Yeah. Okay.
我们应该再做一组测试
We should do another set of tests.
结果可能会有所不同
The results could come back different.
她的大脑已经开始萎缩 一旦神经通路…
Her brain has begun to contract. Once the neural pathways…
他们做的研究呢? – 他们停了 杰克
What about the study? – They shut it down, Jack.
今天早上我发现的 因为资♥金♥短♥缺♥
I found out this morning. There’s no funding.
不 我…我做了所有该做的事
No, I… I did everything I was supposed to do.
我是说 从她很小的时候
I mean, from the time she was very young,
不管她哭得多厉害
no matter how much she cried
大喊大叫还是低声呻♥吟♥
or screamed or moaned,
我都不会让她出去的
I wouldn’t let her go outside.
我不会让她去公园
I wouldn’t let her go to the park.
甚至不让她去海滩
I wouldn’t even let her go to the beach.
她求我
And she begged me.
她恳求我
She begged me
为所有她有权做的事
for things that she had every right to.
我拒绝了她的一切要求
And I denied her all of it.
为了什么? 嗯?
And for what? Huh?
就为这个? 不
For this? No.
XP是一种剥夺孩子快乐的疾病
XP is a disease that tends to take the joy from a child’s life.
在我治疗凯蒂的这些年里
In all these years I’ve treated Katie,
她从不抱怨 从不生气
she’s never complained, she’s never sulked.
她总是看到事情好的一面
She always sees the good in things.
还有你没注意她和你说话的方式?
And the way she talks about you?
我从未见过一个孩子如此公然地崇拜她的父亲
I’ve never seen a teenager so openly adore her father.
你是个好父亲 杰克
You’re a good father, Jack.
还剩多久?
How long?
很难说
It’s hard to say for sure.
嘿 宝贝儿 – 嗨 爸爸
Hey, kiddo. – Hi, Dad.
我饿死了 – 想吃中餐吗?
I’m starving. – Wanna get some Chinese?
嗯 好的 – 你是说想吃?
Uh,yeah. – Is that a yeah?
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
我在为你创建一份网上约会档案
I’m starting you an online dating profile.
什么? – 没错
What? – Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!