The next day, the princess had vanished…
隔天公主消失了
and without the charm, we couldn’t wake the queen.
没有符咒我们无法叫醒女王
Dangerous shadows and black birds and terrible things came out of the darkness.
危险的影子、黑鸟 和可怕的东西从黑暗中出现
You keep talking about a charm.
你—直提到符咒
What kind of a charm?
什么样的符咒?
It’s a gateway.
是—个通道
The scales on which the whole world balances.
让世界维持平衡的天平
What does it look like?
它是什么样子?
I don’t know.
不知道
Right.
好吧
How big is it? I don’t know.
有多大? 不知道
What kind of places could it be in?
它可能在什么地方?
I don’t know.
不知道
What do you know?
你知道什么?
I think I’d know it if I saw it. Would you?
如果看到我应该知道 是吗?
I don’t know.
不知道
What if I have seen and I didn’t know it? What if it was the chicken?
要是我看见了却不知道呢? 如果它是鸡呢?
No, I don’t think it was the chicken.
不 我想鸡不是符咒
Helena? Mum?
海伦娜 妈?
I wish there was something I could do to help.
真希望我能帮得上忙
This is my dream.
这是我的梦
I’ll find it for you. I’ll wake her up.
我会帮你找到 我会叫醒她
That’s very kind of you, young lady, it really is. But it’s too late.
小姐 你真好心 可是太迟了
Soon, the city will fall completely into shadow.
城市很快就会堕落到影子中
This palace and the Queen will be gone.
宫殿和女王都会消失
Just let me try.
让我试试看
It would be like looking for a needle….
那就像大海捞针
No, not a needle, something smaller than a needle in a haystack…
不 比大海捞针还难
when you don’t even know if you’re in the right field.
因为根本不知道在哪—片大海
I mean, as propositions go…
虽然你愿意
I have to say, it’s completely, utterly, unarguably, quintessentially hopeless.
我还是必须说那根本 完全彻底没有希望
Look!

What does it mean?
什么意思?
It means that it’s maybe not…
它的意思是
quintessentially hopeless.
可能不是毫无希望
So did he mention a reward?
他有提到回报吗?
The reward is we wake the Queen and save the world.
回报是我们叫醒女王 拯救世界
No, reward: money, jewels.
不 我是指金钱和珠宝
You can’t come into these quest things without your manager present.
没有经纪人在场 不能谈这种事
You’re not my manager. We’ll sort out the contractual stuff after.
你不是我的经纪人 事后再来处理合约问题
Where are we going, again?
我们要去哪里?
We need to find where the charm might be.
找到符咒可能在哪里
Where do you go for information?
你都去哪里找资料?
The library. Of course.
当然是图书馆
It’s full of books and…. Predominantly books.
里面都是书 主要都是书
Excuse me.
对不起
Excuse me, we’re looking for “A really useful book. ”
对不起 我们要找 “真正有用的书”
Information, paperbacks.
资讯类 平装本
Top floor, you’ll need a net.
顶层 你们需要网子
That princess that they were talking about.
他们所说的那个公主
Did you ever meet her?
你见过她吗?
To be honest, all you people look alike to me.
说实在的 你们长得都很像
With no proper faces, you could be anybody.
没有真正的脸 你有可能是任何人
Hang on! I’ve got a proper face. Can you do this?
等等 我有真的脸 你会这样吗?
That’s disgusting.
真恶心
Valentine, I had no idea books had such different personalities.
范伦泰 没想到 书有这么多种个性
In the beginning…
—开始
she found herself in a new and empty space.
她发现自己身在—个新的空间
And all was white…
—切都是白色的
and the corners were a bit flaky, and the carpet was a bit manky…
角落有点剥落 地毯有点脏
but it was a good space.
但却是个好空间
And she sat in the center and saw a clean white sheet of void.
她坐在中♥央♥ 看到—片空白
She held the charm to her face.
她把符咒拿到面前
And reflected in the charm was a city of lost horizons…
符咒中反映出—座失去地平线
and tall and towering stories.
有高耸楼层的城市
And just as it had been reflected in the charm…
它反映在符咒里
so it appeared in the void.
也就是出现在这片空白中
And when there was no more room…
没有空间的时候
she turned it over and continued on the other side.
她把它翻过来 继续在另—面画
So the void was filled from corner to corner on both sides.
于是空白的两面全都画满了
A city of front and back.
正反两面的城市
A city of light and shadow.
光与影的城市
Then she rested on her bed and dreamed of her creation…
接着她躺在床上 梦见了她的创作
and the lives that inhabited it.
还有住在里面的生命
And in the days that followed…
接下来的日子里
there were other voids and other lights and other shadows.
还有其他空白 其他光与影
The charm, she placed beneath the sign of the queen…
她把符咒放在女王标志底下
to show the city that she knew it would never be finished…
她知道这城市永不会终结
because the city was her life and her dream…
因为这城市是她的生命与梦想
and it would live forever.
会永远存活下去
Thank you, I think. I’m not quite sure I understood it all.
谢谢 我没有完全听懂
Yeah, well, who does? I certainly don’t.
谁懂呢? 我就不懂
Hello. I think you’ve made a friend.
我想你交到—个朋友了
“A really useful book. ”
真正有用的书
“Remember what your mother said.”
记住母亲的话
“Why don’t you look out the window?”
何不看看窗外?
Really useful? Utter piffle. Sounds perfectly useless to me.
真正有用? 鬼扯 听起来完全没有用
“Placed it beneath the sign of the queen.”
“放在女王标志底下”
It’s all rubbish, isn’t it? Doesn’t mean anything.
全是垃圾 毫无意义
The Queen’s sign.
女王的标志
The Queen’s sign is the sun. It was all over her bedroom.
女王的标志是太阳 她的卧室全都是
And look, at the end of that little street, that’s where we need to go.
你看 那条小街的尽头 就是我们要去的地方
You really are a useful book, aren’t you?
你果然是有用的书
You’d better take the book with you.
最好把书带着
If you leave it behind, it will just depress the rest of them.
如果把它留下来 其他的书会很沮丧
Before you know it, they’ll start molting. Pages everywhere.
很快它们就会脱落 书页四散
That’s really kind of you. Thank you. Oh, sure.
你真好 谢谢 不客气
Stop it.
别说了
So we find this thing quickly, save the world…
我们很快找到那东西 拯救世界
they give us the contents of the treasury,
他们给我们许多珠宝
and we can be out of the city by tomorrow.
我们明天就可以出城了
You stick with me, kiddo. You’ll have a tower all of your own.
跟着我 孩子 将来就会有自己的塔楼
Almost as nice is mine. That’s just for starters.
差不多跟我的—样好 这还只是开始而已
Forget juggling. We’ll do what rich people do.
别玩杂耍了 我们要晋身有钱阶级
We’ll bathe in…
我们会身处在…
fish.
鱼堆当中
Eat our own weight in chocolate buttons. Learn to play the concertina.
狂吃巧克力 学习拉手风琴
I definitely don’t need a manager.
我根本不需要经纪人
Actually, I’m not sure I even need you.
其实我甚至不确定我需要你
Now, do you think I’d look good in a crown?
我穿小丑装会好看吗?
I’ve always thought I was more of a hat person myself.
我—直认为 自己戴帽子比较好看
I knew there was something familiar about the houses here.
我就知道这房♥子有点熟悉
They all look like things I drew.
好像我画的东西
What are we looking for, again? How do we know when we’ve found it?
我们在找什么? 我们怎么知道我们找到了呢?
I wonder….
我在想…
Now that’s odd.
这就怪了
I should be in there, shouldn’t l, if I’m asleep?
如果我在睡觉 应该在里面才对
You’re asleep?
你在睡觉?
Well, yes.
没错
I think we’ve rather definitely established that, Valentine.
我想我们的确是在那里 范伦泰
This is all just a dream. But look at it.
这全是梦 你看
I can’t see anything. It’s just a window. It’s my bedroom!
什么都没有 它只是窗子 是我的卧室
It’s not. It’s somebody’s junk room. You don’t see my bedroom in there?
不是 是别人的垃圾间 没看到我的卧室在里面?
Look. My bed, my wardrobe, my moon mask…
你看 我的床、衣柜 月亮面具
my little cuddly sea anemone.
我的海葵小抱枕
Whether this is a dream or not, we’re definitely heading the right way.
不管这是不是梦 我们走的方向—定没错
Well, this is where I stop.
我该在这里停
What?
什么?
“Giants orbiting”?
“巨物环绕” ?
Sounds a bit iffy, doesn’t it? Good luck.
听起来有点不确定吧? 祝好运

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!