他一生都感激这份帮助 我们还能指望谁呢
He’s indebted for life. Who else can we count?
比如说 便衣侦探
What of the Pinkerton detective,
曾经是负责…
once a police officer…
阿姆斯特朗案的警♥察♥
assigned to the Armstrong case?
他爱上了某个人
And he becomes attached to someone,
这就是案子里另一个无人关心的受害者
for there is another, uncelebrated victim.
你爱上了那女仆
You fell in love with the maid
在她被歪曲地指控之前
before she was falsely accused.
你眼看着正义被歪曲…
You quit the police when you witnessed…
眼看着麦奎因的父亲执意逮捕她…
the travesty of justice
眼看着她自尽
when MacQueen’s father insisted on her arrest.
于是辞去了警♥察♥的职务
When she took her own life.
不 不 不
No! No, no!
苏珊是那么温柔
Susanne was so gentle.
她喜欢上我
And she fell for me.
一个糟老头
Old and already getting grey.
我告诉她会有更好的人…
I told her she could do better…
但她就在那儿…
but there she was…
每次约会准时出现
on time for every date.
为什么一列火车…
Why else is a train…
装满了冬天的死亡 为什么伤口完全不一致
so full in the dead of winter? Why the inconsistent wounds?
为什么有如此多证据 为什么…
Why the abundance of evidence? Why…?
为什么列车员
Why the conductor?
阿维尼翁的皮埃尔 米歇尔…
Pierre Michel of Avignon…
失去了他的姐姐…
who lost his sister…
苏珊 米歇尔…
the accused maid…
被控诉的女仆
Susanne Michel.
只有一个人
Only one soul can claim to have lost
比你们任何人失去的更多
more than any of you.
可怜的琳达·亚登…
The tragic Linda Arden…
索菲亚的妈妈…
mother of Sonia…
黛西的祖母
grandmother of Daisy.
从舞台退休前…
Retired from the stage
最后一次表演
but for one final performance.
你真是聪明到可怕
You’re an awfully clever man.
谋杀有一个受害者
A murder should have one victim.
当雷切特杀害黛西 阿姆斯特朗的时候…
When Ratchett kills Daisy Armstrong…
许多的生命被破坏 变得扭曲 甚至终结
a dozen lives are broken, deformed, ended.
他们想要正义
They demand justice!
在所有这些受伤的灵魂中 我们最终必须回答…
Of all these wounded souls, we must finally answer…
他们中的谁才是杀人者
who among them is a killer?
谁拿起了刀 答案是…
Who takes up the knife? The answer is…
你们中的任何一个人都不能单独完成
No single one of you could have done it.
一对人 也不行
Nor any pair.
只有你们所有人一起…
It can only have been done…
才能完成
by all of you.
一起完成
Together.
一起
Together.
即使雪崩改变了一切…
Even when the avalanche changes everything…
侦探的出现也改变了一切 你们改变了计划
as does the detective, plans must change.
那和服 制♥服♥
The kimono, the uniform.
令人赞叹的随机应变
A remarkable improvisation,
知道如何刺伤而不杀死他的医生
the doctor who knows how to wound without killing.
每个人都都有自己的角色
Each has their part to play.
动手
Do it.
这是我计划的
It was my plan.
我召集了他们
I recruited them.
我让哈德曼追踪卡赛蒂
I had Hardman track down Cassetti.
我让麦奎因去为他工作
I sent MacQueen to work for him,
然后马斯特曼也去了
and then Masterman.
麦奎因可以安排他
MacQueen could arrange
乘坐米歇尔当值那天的专列
he travel on the day that Michel was on duty.
雷切特先生
Mr. Ratchett?
没事
It’s nothing.
好的 先生 晚安
Bien, monsieur. Good night.
于是一切都完成了
And so it is done.
为了无辜的死者
For the death of the innocent.
一命偿一命
A life for a life.
复仇
Revenge.
除了我没有人应该被绞刑
No one should hang for this but me.
都是我的计划
It was my plan!
告诉警♥察♥是我一个人做的
Tell the police it was me, alone.
我的生命中再也没有别人了
There’s no life left in me anymore.
而他们还有机会
They have a chance now.
赫莲娜 我求求你…
Helena, I pray…
他们有机会
has a chance.
他们可以…
They can…
继续活着…
go live…
享受快乐…
find some joy…
去别的地方
somewhere.
在我这里结束吧
Let it end with me.
他们不是杀人犯
They’re not killers.
他们是好人
They’re good people.
他们还是好人
They can be good again.
这世上有对 有错
There was right, there was wrong.
这些造就了你
Now there is you.
我无法评判这些
I cannot judge this.
你们必须自己决定
You must decide.
你们想要不为这犯罪
You wish to go free
而受罚…
without punishment for your crime…
你们只需要再犯一件
then you must only commit one more.
我不会阻止你们
I will not stop you.
你不能让他们杀你
You can’t let them kill you.
你们把我的尸体沉到湖里
You give my body to the lake,
然后在下一站清白地离开
and you walk away innocent at the station.
你们必须让我沉默
You must silence me.
布克可以撒谎
Bouc can lie.
我不行
I cannot.
动手吧 任何一个人
Do it! One of you!
不要
Don’t.
黛西死的时候我就死了
I already died with Daisy.

No!
你说你是为了寻找正义
You said your role was to find justice.
在这里 正义是什么
What is justice here?
有时候 人类的法律并不足够
Sometimes, the law of man is not enough.
那良知何在
Where does conscience lie?
随着黛西埋葬了
Buried with Daisy.
亲爱的阿姆斯特朗上校
My dear Colonel Armstrong.
我终于可以回你的信了…
Finally, I can answer your letter…
我相信在某处 你能听到我
at least with the thoughts in my head
脑中的想法…
and the feeling in my heart…
心中的感受
that somewhere, you can hear me.
我现在发现了
I have now discovered
案子的真♥相♥ 它令我…
the truth of the case, and it is…
相当困扰
profoundly disturbing.
我见识过人类灵魂的分崩离析
I have seen the fracture of the human soul.
那么多残破的生命 那么多痛苦和愤怒…
So many broken lives, so much pain and anger…
都比不上深沉悲痛的毒害…
giving way to the poison of deep grief…
让一件谋杀变成更多谋杀
until one crime became many.
我总是想相信
I have always wanted to believe
人类是理智而文明的
that man is rational and civilized.
我的存在就寄托在…
My very existence depends upon this hope…
秩序 方法 以及小小的脑细胞上
upon order and method and the little gray cells.
但现在 或许 我应该…
But now, perhaps, I am asked…
去聆听…
to listen, instead…
内心的声音
to my heart.
女士们先生们…
Ladies and gentlemen…
在这件案子中我明白 正义的尺度…
I have understood in this case that the scales of justice…
并不总是能被平衡地度量的
cannot always be evenly weighed.
我必须学会至少一次…
And I must learn, for once…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!