你只拿了这一份简报
This was the only memo you took?
-对 -没人建议你这么做
– Yes. – No one suggested you take it?
-没有 -你从未见过马丁·布莱特
No. And you’ve never met Martin Bright?
没有
No.
马丁上周打给我
Martin called me last week.
他说他不知道你是谁
He said he didn’t know who you were,
但他想让我们知道你可能需要我们的帮助
but he wanted us to be aware that you might need our help.
那他人挺好的
Well, that was very kind of him.
他说他从一个认识的人那里拿到的简报
He said he got the memo from someone he knew
但他不肯说是谁
but he wouldn’t say who.
你愿意告诉我们你把简报给谁了吗
Do you want to tell us who you gave it to?
是这样
Look,
如果你不介意的话 我不太想说
if you don’t mind, I would prefer not to say.
我保证过不会说出去
I promised I wouldn’t.
好吧
Okay.
你遇见亚萨尔时 他已经申请政♥治♥避难了
When you met Yasar, he had already applied for asylum.
是的 不过被驳回了
Yes. Which was denied.
没错 他们说他回去后
Yes, uh, they said that there wasn’t a
遭受迫♥害♥的风险并不高
significant enough risk of persecution if he went back.
你们就是那时结婚的吗
And that’s when you married him?
-是的 -他付钱给你了吗
– Yes. – And did he pay you?
绝对没有
Absolutely not.
抱歉 我不是故意激怒你
I’m sorry, I don’t mean to upset you.
只是你的丈夫是穆♥斯♥林♥
It’s just that your husband is Muslim
因此控方会寻找动机
and the prosecution will be looking for motive.
我的动机是阻止一场战争
My motive was to stop a war
拯救万千生命 然而我失败了
and save lives. I failed.
我费尽心力 却将我丈夫置身于危险之中
All I’ve managed to do is put my husband’s future at risk.
还有你自己
And your own.
事实上 想要通过泄露情报
In fact, by leaking information
来阻止一场战争 我倒觉得说明了
to try and stop a war, I’d argue
你对国家之忠诚 高于对政♥府♥之忠诚
that you chose loyalty to your country
高于对婚姻之忠诚 高于对自己之忠诚
over loyalty to your government, your marriage and yourself.
你一无所获 却失去了一切
You had nothing to gain and everything to lose.
我觉得这可是在赞扬你
I think that speaks rather highly of you.
他在试图恭维你
He’s trying to give you a compliment.
我知道
I see.
我们的职责之一就是尝试预判
Part of our job is to try and anticipate
控方可能会向你提出的说辞
what the prosecution’s going to throw at you.
有些人来找我们是为了博得存在感
Some of the people we meet are looking for attention,
给他们枯燥乏味的生活增添色彩
a way to elevate their humdrum lives.
-我不是这种人 -不 我不觉得你是
– Well, I’m not. – No, I don’t think you are.
抱歉
Sorry.
没什么好抱歉的
There’s nothing to be sorry for.
我们是来帮助你的
We’re here to help.
我们没有受到胁迫
And we don’t have duress.
她坚定认为并没有外界机构给她施加压力
She’s adamant no outside agency put any pressure on her.
公众利益呢
Public interest?
若是政♥府♥说谎 民众有权知情
The public has a right to know when their government is lying.
我们来引用福克兰群岛的案例
We cite the Falklands case
英美法系中常列举引用事实和相类似的判例 作为裁判依据
1982年 英国和阿根廷之间由于争夺福克兰群岛的主♥权♥爆发了一场战争
当时的英国首相撒切尔夫人下令击沉了一艘阿根廷主力巡洋舰
撒切尔夫人在当初为何下令
when Thatcher lied about why she ordered
击沉阿根廷船只一事上说了谎
the sinking of that Argentinian ship.
贝尔格拉诺将军号♥ 没错
Belgrano. Yeah.
-告密者是谁 -克莱夫·庞廷
– Who was the whistleblower? – Clive Ponting
陪审团判他无罪 不是吗
The jury acquitted him, didn’t they?
对 而且就在这之后不久
Yes, and immediately afterwards,
撒切尔夫人就命人修订了《官方机密法》
Thatcher had the Official Secrets Act amended
以免日后被抓住谎言的把柄
to avoid being caught in a lie in the future.
因此自1989年来 政♥府♥说
So since ’89, the public interest is
公众利益是什么 公众利益就是什么
effectively whatever the government says that it is.
我们一无所获
We’ve got nothing.
我得好好想想
I have to think about it.
抱歉 我得走了
Sorry, I have to go.
我答应了安周末出去玩
I promised Anne a weekend away.
如果他们起诉她 我们可能得认罪
If they charge her, we might have to plead guilty
然后要求减刑
and ask for a reduced sentence.
但是她那么年轻而且坚守原则
But she’s young and principled.
法官甚至会认为她的所作所为
A judge might even think that
从道义上来讲无可指摘
what she did was morally right.
也可能判决她叛国
Or crucify her as a traitor.
再见
Bye.
-你确定他在跟踪你吗 -他一直盯着我
– You sure he was following you? – He was staring at me.
有时候男人盯着你是…
Sometimes men stare…
我知道 不是那种目光
Yeah, it wasn’t that kind of a stare.
那是什么样的目光
What kind of a stare was it?
亚斯 拜托 我很害怕 好吗
Yas, please, I’m scared. Okay?
我很害怕
I’m scared.
数年来 我一直试图合法地居留在这里
You know, for years, I’ve tried to be legal here.
-我知道 -那你为什么要那么做
– I know. – Then why’d you do it?
那些蠢货已经达到目的了
These arseholes got their war, anyway.
萨♥达♥姆♥完了 而且你知道吗
Saddam’s over. And you know what?
-我很高兴他完了 -战争还没有结束
– I’m glad he’s over! – War is not over.
罢黜萨♥达♥姆♥只是一个开端
Ousting Saddam is just the beginning.
你又能知道战争的什么
What do you know about war?
我在政♥府♥通讯总部工作
I work at GCHQ.
你所做的只是道听途说罢了
All you do is listen to people talking!
你从没见过战争 你从没闻过战争的味道
You’ve never seen war! You’ve never smelled it!
甚至从未接近过战场
Never even come close to it!
亚斯 我明白你为什么这么愤怒
Yas, I understand why you are angry.
是我的错 我很抱歉
It is my fault and I’m sorry.
我真的很抱歉
I am so sorry.
但是我看着布莱尔挂着自以为是的微笑
But I watched Blair with his smug smile
还有他枯燥无味的演说词 绝口不提
and his sterile speeches that tell us nothing
此时此刻伊♥拉♥克♥儿童的感受
of what it must feel like to be a child in Iraq right now.
我不会为自己试图阻止他而感到抱歉
I know I’m not sorry that I tried to stop him.
一点也不
I’m not.
我只是懊悔我失败了
I’m only sorry that I failed.
谢谢你们让我们进来
Thank you for inviting us in.
你有什么要说的
What is it you came to say?
事情有所进展
Well, there’s been a development.
-我会被起诉吗 -这我不知道
– Am I going to be charged? – That I don’t know.
那你为什么来
Then why are you here?
据我所知 你今天去见了一位律师
I gather you went to see a lawyer today.
-是你们在跟踪我吗 -不是
– Did you follow me? – No.
因为有人跟踪了
Because somebody did.
你得知道在你做了那件事之后
Well, you must know that after what you did,
政♥府♥通讯总部一直忧心忡忡
GCHQ is concerned.
我有权寻求法律咨♥询♥
I have a right to legal advice.
很不幸 事情没那么简单
Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as that.
你签约就职政♥府♥通讯总部的时候
When you signed on to work for GCHQ,
你就同意遵守《官方机密法》了
you agreed to be bound by the Official Secrets Act
期限是终生
for the rest of your life.
我知道我签了什么 探长先生
I know what I signed, detective.
那你应该知道在第一章第一节
Mm, then you know that it says here in Section 1-1
这里写道 一个人如果他/她
that “a person is guilty of an offense
披露与国♥家♥安♥全♥或
“if he or she
情报部门有关的
discloses any information
任何信息 即属犯罪
relating to security or intelligence.
也就是说你不能和政♥府♥通讯总部以外的
This means that you cannot discuss anything
任何人谈论任何有关
with anyone outside of GCHQ
你泄露的文件的事情
relating to the document you leaked.
你是说我不能和律师谈话吗
Are you saying I can’t talk to a lawyer?
你当然有权利和律师谈话
Oh, you have the right to talk to a lawyer.
只是不能谈论任何
It’s just that you cannot discuss
与你在政♥府♥通讯总部的工作有关的内容
anything to do with your work at GCHQ,
或者是被你泄露的简报的内容
or the contents of the memo you leaked,
或是你如何获得这份简报的
or how it came into your possession
亦或是谁写的
or who wrote it.
所有的这些信息都是最高机密

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!