可以的话 我想问总统一个问题
A question for the President if I may.
在您看来 第二决议重要吗
What is the status, in your view, of any second resolution?
您认为花费时间和精力
Is it something that you think is worth
讨论这项决议值得吗
spending time and energy trying to assemble?
我再重申一遍我刚说的话
Just let me reiterate what I just said.
只需要几周时间 而不是几个月
This is a matter of weeks, not months.
美国总统 乔治·沃克·布♥什♥
任何企图将会期拖延几个月的行为
Any attempt to drag the process on for months
都会受到美国政♥府♥的抵♥制♥
will be resisted by the United States.
-我们能看点别的吗 -不行 这很重要
– Can we watch something else? – No, no, this is important.
国务卿鲍威尔将会说明
secretary Powell will make a strong case
萨♥达♥姆♥·侯赛因武装政♥权♥的危险之处
about the danger of an armed Saddam Hussein
还有他和基♥地♥组♥织♥的联♥系♥
and he will also talk about Al-Qaeda links.
拜托 根本没有证据表明
Come on, there are no credible links
萨♥达♥姆♥和基♥地♥组♥织♥有联♥系♥
between Saddam and Al-Qaeda.
这预示着危险
…really do portend a danger…
-我要关了它 -别别别别别
– I’ll turn it off. – No, no, no, no, no.
拜托 我必须得看这个
Please, I need to watch this.
我得知道他们说了什么
I need to know what they’re saying.
没错 萨♥达♥姆♥的确是个独♥裁♥者
I mean, yes. Yes, Saddam is a dictator,
但他不是个宗教狂热分子
but he is not a religious nut.
他为什么要冒险为基♥地♥组♥织♥提供武装
I mean, why would he risk arming Al-Qaeda
好让他们反过头去对抗他 完全没道理啊
and have them turn against him? It doesn’t make any sense!
好吧 但是冲着电视吼叫并不能改变什么
Fine, but yelling at the TV isn’t going to make any difference.
他们又听不见
They can’t bloody hear you.
-你要干嘛去 -看会书
– Where you going? – To read a book.
我的看法在911后发生了戏剧性的转变
you see, my vision shifted dramatically after September 11.
我意识到世界已经变了
I realized the world has changed.
我的首要责任是保护美国人♥民♥
My most important obligation is to protect
不会受到进一步的伤害
the American people from further harm.
我说到做到
And I will do that.
非常感谢你们
Thank you all very much.
-爱你 -爱你
– Love you. – Love you.
别忘了去警♥察♥局登记
Don’t forget to check in at the station.
你打算做什么
What are you gonna do?
不知道 看看书吧
I don’t know. Read a book.
我最晚7点回来
I’ll be back by 7:00 latest.
-冈恩先生 登记吗 -是的 多谢
– Mr. Gun. Signing in? – Yes, thank you.
你什么时候能知道自己能不能留下
When will you know if you can stay?
他们没说
They don’t say.
可能几周 也可能几个月
Could be weeks. Could be months.
永远搞不懂那些移♥民♥局的 不是吗
You never know with immigration, do you?
-我懂得 -谢谢你
– I know. – Thank you.
嗨 贾斯敏 我是凯丝
Hi, Jasmine, it’s Kath.
你今天有空吗
Uh, are you around today?
我想过去看看你
I’d love to come and see you.
-凯丝 -嗨
– Kath. – hi.
快过来
Oh, come here.
你好
hello.
针对谁
Targeting who?
联♥合♥国♥安♥理♥会♥
The UN Security Council.
特别是那些可能会改票支持战争的
Particularly the non-permanent members
非常任理事国
who could swing the vote in favor of war.
天呐
Jesus.
也许你是时候辞职了
Maybe it’s time to quit.
他们都说 要是在政♥府♥通讯总部
You know, they say if you stay at GCHQ
待到5年以上 你就走不了了
for more than five years, you never leave.
那我还有两年的时间
I’ve still got two to go then.
这么说你还是有良知的啊
So you’ve still got a conscience.
你还在组织反战活动吗
Are you still organizing against the war?
政♥府♥通讯总部对此有意见吗
Does GCHQ have a problem with that?
-什么 不是 -把你手♥机♥给我
– What? No. – Give me your phone.
我早把电池卸了
I’ve already taken the battery out.
-我用公用电♥话♥给你打的 -抱歉
– I called you from a payphone. – Sorry.
继续说
Go on.
我想
I just thought…
要是我给你那个简报的副本
…if I could get you a copy of the memo,
或许你能找个人看一看
then maybe you could get somebody to look it over.
我不知道 例如一个记者
I don’t know, a journalist,
反战组织中的某个人
someone in the anti-war movement.
要是媒体觉得没什么大不了的 那就算了
Look, if the press think it’s nothing, fine.
至少我问心无愧了
At least my conscience is clear.
你问心无愧
Your conscience?
凯特 你这是在串通我
Kat, you’re asking me to collude in a breach
违反《官方机密法》 这可算是叛国了
of the Official Secrets Act. Some call that treason.
我不是要推♥翻♥我的国家政♥府♥
I am not trying to overthrow my government.
我只是觉得要是媒体能看到这个
I just think if someone in the press saw it,
他们可能就会多问美方一些问题
they might ask more questions about what the Americans
搞清楚他们究竟想要我们国家做什么
are asking this country to do.
2003年2月3日
凯特 我和丹要被派去伦敦了
hey, kat, they’re sending me and Dan to London
去学波斯语
to learn Farsi.
哇哦 波斯语 恭喜
Wow, Farsi. Congrats.
-你现在会多少种语言了 -八种
– How many languages now? – Eight.
她是个超级间谍
She’s a freakin’ super spy.
安迪 我的平壤报告呢
Andy, where’s my Pyongyang report?
-一个小时就好 -好 快点搞定
– Ah, one more hour. – Yeah, just get it done.
-你什么时候走 -两周后
– When do you leave? – Two weeks.
你可得常来看看我
You’ll have to come visit me.
复♥制♥
保存中
英国政♥府♥通信总部
打印
那是外♥交♥部♥的那份报告吗
Is that the Foreign Office report?
-这份是草稿 -那赶紧写完
– Uh, it’s a rough draft. – Well, finish it.
国防部部那边需要人手
Defense section needs extra hands.
我说我今天下午会派你过去
I said I’d send you over there this afternoon.
好的 可以
Okay, will do.
我们提供的事实和结论
What we’re giving you our facts and conclusions
科林·鲍威尔
美国国务卿
都来源于可靠的情报
based on solid intelligence.
我们面临的问题不是
The issue before us is not how much time
我们能给审查员们多少时间
we are willing to give the inspectors,
而是作为整个理事会 乃至联♥合♥国♥
but how much longer are we willing to put up
我们已无法继续容忍♥伊♥拉♥克♥的单方面不配合
with Iraq’s non-compliance before we as a council,
我们认为这样的立场不能再存在了
we as United Nations say enough. Enough.
据目击情报显示
We have first-hand descriptions
他们的生化武器工厂建在汽车和火车上
of biological weapons factories on wheels and on rails.
那些卡车和火车车厢都很便于移♥动♥
The trucks and train cars are easily moved
专门用来躲避审查人员
and are designed to evade detection by inspectors.
尽管伊♥拉♥克♥的移♥动♥生产计划
Although Iraq’s mobile production program
在1990年代中期就开始了
began in mid-1990s,
而联♥合♥国♥审查员当时只有一些模糊的线索
UN inspectors at the time only had vague hints of such programs.
直到2000年才发现确凿证据
Confirmation came later in the year 2000.
信息来源线人是一名目击者
The source was an eyewitness.
他是一名伊♥拉♥克♥化学工程师
An Iraqi chemical engineer
是其中一所移♥动♥工厂的主管
who supervised one of these facilities.
我要看足球了 介意我换台吗
I’m gonna watch some football. Do you mind?
不介意 换吧
No. Go for it.
两周后
2003年 2月15日
从南到北 从东到西
From the north, the south, the east and the west,
从左翼派到右翼派
from the left, the right
从激进派到中立派
from the radical to the uncommitted
他们聚集在这
they came.
这到底是自♥由♥的世界 还是小布♥什♥的天下
我们大可喋喋不休地争论民调的有效性
Well, we can argue forever about the validity of opinion polls,
但现在而言 关键在于
but what surely matters today
英国提议的这场战争
is that this proposed war by Britain
受到了前所未有的排斥
is historically unpopular
重要的焦点小组的支持率也在下降
and the mother of all focus groups has descended.
马丁 我们正在做真格的报道
Hey, Martin. We’re now doing some real reporting.
观察家报
那边声势浩大 警方说有超过五十万人
It’s huge. Police are saying over 500,000.
组织者说超过两百万
Organizers are saying over two million.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!