All of this information is top secret.
因此向政♥府♥通讯总部外的任何人透露这些内容
So disclosing it to anyone outside of GCHQ,
即便是律师
even a lawyer,
也将视作对《官方机密法》的进一步违反
would be a further violation of the Official Secrets Act,
将会招致进一步起诉
which could result in further prosecution
以及更长的刑期
and a much longer prison sentence.
我们只是希望你清楚这一点
We just wanted you to be aware of that.
如果我不能和律师谈话 那我可以和谁谈
So if I may not talk to a lawyer, who may I talk to?
你应该和你在政♥府♥通讯总部的上级谈
You should talk to your superiors at GCHQ.
你♥他♥妈♥在开玩笑吗
Are you fucking joking?
亚斯 不要生气
Yas, please. Please.
我们应该听听探长们要讲的话
We should hear what the detectives have to say.
他们只是在履行职责
They’re just doing their job.
简而言之 如果你想和他人谈论任何事情
Simply put, if you wish to tell anything to a lawyer
无论是律师或媒体或者其他任何人
or the press or anyone else
你都要先跟政♥府♥通讯总部说清楚
you first need to clear it with GCHQ.
探长先生
Detective
我只泄露了一份简报
I leaked only one memo.
我也有充分的理由这么做
I had good reason to do so
如果我被起诉 我就会把这些理由
and I intend to make those reasons public
公之于众
if I am charged.
我不会再和我的律师谈话
I will not talk to my lawyers again
除非我被起诉
unless I am charged.
请把我的话带给政♥府♥通讯总部
Tell that to GCHQ.
你是在烤鱼还是在熏鱼
Are you grilling or smoking that fish?
我在熏鱼 我把木屑浸过了水
I am smoking. I’ve soaked the wood chips in water.
也放了木炭
I’ve got charcoal.
我要 我要试试新做法
I’m… I’m trying something new.
-嗨 -肯
– Hi. – Ken?
-嗨 -嗨 肯
– Hi. – Hi Ken.
我猜你是来这里过周末的
Guess you’re down here for the weekend.
是的 就来一晚
Yes. Just for the night.
是啊 我也是 有段时间没见了
Yeah, me too. It’s been a while.
肯·麦克唐纳
检察长
你想 你想来一杯吗
Would you, uh… Do you want a drink?
不了 谢谢 萨莉在做晚饭
Uh, no, thanks. Sally’s cooking dinner.
-你好 安 -嗨
– Hello, Anne. – Hi.
我很抱歉贸然打扰
I’m so sorry to intrude.
完全没有
Oh, not at all.
新工作怎么样
How’s the new job?
让我大开眼界
Well, it’s, um, eye-opening.
其实我想问问本对一个案子的看法
In fact, I wondered if I might ask Ben’s opinion
是我部门要起诉的一个新案子
about a new case that my office has been asked to prosecute.
不会太久的 可以吗
It won’t take a minute. Would you mind?
你怎么知道我和她见过面
How do you know that I met her?
安♥全♥部♥门都在调查这件事
Security services are all over this.
这事不仅让英国当局脸上无光
And it’s not just a domestic embarrassment.
美国人也很不开心
The Americans are very unhappy.
好吧 那是很让人烦恼
Oh, well, that is upsetting.
少来 本 这又不是什么好玩的事情
Oh, come on, Ben, it’s not funny.
她的行为是蓄意叛国
What she did was a deliberate act of betrayal.
肯 我们已经不是同事了
Look, Ken, we’re not colleagues anymore.
我们在不同阵营里
We’re on different sides here.
我觉得她想变成争议名人
I think she wants to be seen as some sort of cause celebre.
但她发誓过效忠情报部门
But she swore allegiance to the intelligence services
在这种情况下你不能对自己要服从的命令
and when you do that you don’t get to pick and choose
挑挑选选
what orders you’ll follow.
服从命令不是为战争罪行辩护的理由
Following orders is not a defense to a war crime.
是的 可她哪来的权利去破坏
Yes, but who is she to undermine the strategic objectives
民♥主♥选举选出首相制定的战略目标
of a democratically-elected Prime Minister.
得了吧 她又不是把国♥家♥机♥密♥卖♥♥给俄♥罗♥斯♥
Oh, come on, she’s not selling state secrets to Moscow.
她揭露了一项使联♥合♥国♥
She exposed an illegal attempt
通过战争决议的非法企图
to secure a UN resolution for war
这本可以成为布莱尔掩盖
which would have given Blair perfect cover
我们所处混乱局势的完美借口
for the bloody mess that we’re in now.
不 她应该闭紧自己嘴巴
No, she should have kept her mouth shut
或者跟她的上级去抱怨
or complained to her superiors.
我真的不懂为什么那些
Now I’ve got a real problem with people
身处低位的人竟然会觉得自己
who think that from some lowly position
有能力纵览全局
they can possibly see the big picture.
所以即使你知道他们是违法的
So then you would never question authority
你也永远不会质疑权威
even if you knew it was breaking the law.
本 你不能怪我生她的气
Ben, you can’t blame me for being angry with her.
现在是战时
We’re at war.
接下来我会指派部门中最优秀的检察官
So, I’m going to assign the best prosecutor in my office
来扳倒这个女孩 应该不会很难
to bring this girl down, which shouldn’t be difficult.
她已经承认了
She’s already confessed.
我欣赏你要拿她
I appreciate your determination
杀鸡儆猴的决心 但你不该来这里
to make an example of her, but you shouldn’t be here.
别这样 我们是朋友
Oh, come on, we’re friends.
道不同 不相为谋
I’ll make my position perfectly clear.
如果你起诉她 那我将
If you charge her, then I will defend her
尽我毕生所能为她辩护
to the best of my ability.
好了该回家了 我们就假装
So let’s go home and pretend
这段对话从未发生过
that this conversation never happened.
六 个 月 后
你今天不工作吗
You’re not working today?
是的 我要去警局报到
No. I have to sign in at the station.
然后我们去徒步远游
Then we can go for a hike.
我想看看大海
I want to see the sea.
别管它
Leave it.
你好 我们不在家 请留言
Hi, we’re not in. Please leave a message.
凯瑟琳 我是自♥由♥组织的詹姆斯·韦尔奇
Katharine, it’s James Welch from Liberty.
我们要谈谈
We should talk.
听到留言后能给我回个电♥话♥吗
Could give me a call when you get the message?

Hello?
凯瑟琳
Oh, ah, Katharine.
我恐怕要告诉你些坏消息
I’m afraid I have some bad news.
詹姆斯 你知道的
Uh, James, you know that
政♥府♥通讯总部不允许我和你谈话
GCHQ said I couldn’t talk to you.
那么 好消息是
Oh, then, well, the good news is
我们终于让他们取消了封口令
we finally had the gag order lifted.
我们同意不会询问任何
We’ve agreed to not ask any questions
你在政♥府♥通讯总部的做的其他工作
about what other work you did at GCHQ.
但接下来发生的事情并不归他们管
But what happens going forward isn’t up to them.
你的案子现在
Your case is now in the hands
由皇家检控署接手
of the Crown Prosecution Service.
他们准备起诉你
They’re going to charge you.
我们下周应该见一面
We should meet next week.
凯瑟琳
Katharine?
是的 好的 没问题
Yes. Uh… Okay. Yeah.
我知道这很难接受
I know that this is a lot to take in,
但我们会帮助你
but we will help you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
-那么 -真的非常感谢你 詹姆斯
– Okay. – Thank you very much, James.
再聊
Speak soon.
政♥府♥通讯总部告密者被起诉
GCHQ whistleblower charged.
叛徒还是间谍
Traitor or spy?
间谍勇敢发声
Spy speaks out.
不会保守秘密的间谍
The spy who wouldn’t keep a secret.
谁是凯瑟琳·冈恩
Who is Katharine Gun?
反对战争的泄密
Leak against this war.
她无处不在
She’s everywhere.
你的报道角度是什么
What’s your angle?
看吧
Look.
凯瑟琳·冈恩因揭露美国
Katharine Gun faces jail for exposing
战前腐♥败♥恐将面临牢狱之灾
American corruption in the run-up to war.
她的名人支持者坚称
Now her celebrity supporters insist
站在被告席上的应该是布♥什♥和布莱尔
it is Bush and Blair who should be in the dock.
名人支持者
Celebrity supporters?
像是小报的调调 你觉得呢
Little tabloidy, don’t you think?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!