“普罗米修斯从众神那里窃取了火种并将其送给了人类”
“PROMETHEUS STOLE FIRE FROM THE GODS AND GAVE IT TO MAN.”
“为此 他被锁在岩石上 遭受永生永世的折磨”
“FOR THIS HE WAS CHAINED TO A ROCK AND TORTURED FOR ETERNITY.”
奥本海默博士
Dr. Oppenheimer.
奥本海默博士
Dr. Oppenheimer.
开始的时候 我希望你宣读一份声明记录在案
As we begin, I believe you have a statement to read into the record.
好的 法官大人
Yes, your honor.
-我们不是法官 博士
-明白
-We’re not judges, Doctor.
-No.
各位安全委员会成员
Members of the security board,
你们在阅读我的起诉书中所谓的审讯信息时
the so-called interrogatory information in your indictment of me
如果不结合我的生活和工作
cannot be fairly understood except in the context
是无法公正地理解的
of my life, and my work.
他作证多久了?
How long did he testify?
说实话 我忘了
Honestly, I forget.
整个听证会持续了一个月
The whole hearing took a month.
-一场磨难
-哦 我只读了文字记录
-An ordeal.
-Oh, I’ve only read the transcripts.
-谁愿意公开自己的一生呢?
-你当时不在场吗?
-Who’d want to justify their whole life?
-You weren’t there?
作为主席 我不能出现
As chairman, I wasn’t allowed to be.
他们真的会问吗?
Are they really going to ask about it?
那是几年前的事了
It was years ago.
-四年前
-五
-Four years ago.
-Five.
奥本海默仍然分♥裂♥美国
Oppenheimer still divides America.
委员会想知道你的立场
The committee’s going to want to know where you stood.
瑟蒙德参议员让我说不要觉得你在受审
Senator Thurmond asked me to say not to feel that you’re on trial.
有意思 你这么说我才觉得
Oh, funny. I didn’t, until you just said that.
-真的 施特劳斯先生……
-是将军
-Really, Mr. Strauss…
-It’s Admiral.
施特劳斯将军 这只是例行公事
Admiral. Admiral Strauss, this is a formality.
艾森豪威尔总统钦点你加入他的内阁
President Eisenhower has asked you to be in his cabinet.
参议院别无选择 只能确认他的任命
The Senate really has no choice but to confirm him.
如果他们提到奥本海默呢?
And if they bring up Oppenheimer?
要是他们提到奥本海默 你就如实回答
When they bring up Oppenheimer, you answer honestly,
没有参议员能否认你尽了自己的职责
no senator can deny you did your duty.
确实很不舒服
It’ll be uncomfortable.
谁愿意公开自己的一生呢?
Who’d want to justify their whole life?
你为什么离开美国?
Why did you leave the United States?
我……我想学习新物理学
I… I wanted to study the new physics.
在美国不行吗?
Was there nowhere here?
我以为伯克利大学有一流的理论物理系
I thought Berkeley had the leading theoretical physics department.
是的 直到我创建它
Yes, once I built it.
但我得先去欧洲
But first I had to go to Europe.
我去了剑桥 跟随帕特里克·布莱克特学习
I went to Cambridge, to study under Patrick Blackett.
你在那里比在美国更快乐吗?
Were you happier there than in America?
-更快乐?
-是的
-Happier?
-Yes.

No.
不 我 呃……
No, I, uh…
我想家了 而且……
I was homesick and…
情感很不成熟……
emotionally immature…
被隐藏宇宙的……
Troubled by visions of a…
幻象所折磨
hidden universe.
做实验笨手笨脚
Useless in the lab.
天啊 奥本海默
Christ, Oppenheimer.
没睡好觉吗?
Have you had any sleep?
再来
Start again.
我要去听讲座 先生
I need to go to a lecture, sir.
为什么?
Why?
是尼尔斯·玻尔
It’s Niels Bohr.
我完全忘了
I completely forgot.
好了 我们走
Alright! Let’s go.
不 不是说你 奥本海默
Oh no, not you, Oppenheimer.
你得把这些盘子收好
You finish coating those plates.
量子物理学不是向前迈出的一步
Quantum physics is not a step forward.
而是一种理解现实的新方法
It is a new way to understand reality.
爱因斯坦打开了门
Einstein’s opened the door.
透过它 我们现在看到了一个我们世界里的世界
Now we are peering through, seeing a world inside our world,
一个充满能量和矛盾的世界 不是每个人都能接受的
a world of energy and paradox that not everyone can accept.
你没事吧?
You alright?
尼尔斯 这位是J·罗伯特·奥本海默
Nils, meet J. Robert Oppenheimer.
J代表什么?
What’s the J stand for?
什么也没有
Nothing, apparently.
你听了我的讲座 问了唯一一个好问题
You were at my lecture. You asked the only good question.
没人否认他的洞察力
No one’s denying his insight.
但他做实验有点不尽如人意
It’s his laboratory work that leaves a little to be desired.
我听了你同样的回答……
I heard you give the same answer…
在哈佛 是的 你问了同样的问题
At Harvard, yes, and you asked the same question.
为什么又问?
Why ask again?
我不喜欢你的回答
I hadn’t liked your answer.
-你比较喜欢昨天的?
-好多了
-Did you like it better yesterday?
-A lot.
在你准备好对付蛇之前 千万不要搬开大石头
You can lift a stone without being ready for the snake that’s revealed.
现在看来你已经准备好了
Now it seems you’re ready.
但你不喜欢实验室
But you don’t enjoy the lab.
所以离开剑桥的瓶瓶罐罐吧
So get out of Cambridge, with its beakers and potions.
去一个能让你思考的地方
Go somewhere they’ll let you think.
去哪好?
Where?
-哥廷根
-波恩
-Göttingen.
-Born.
对 波恩
Born.
去德国 投入马克斯·玻恩门下 学习理论物理学
Get to Germany, study under Max Born, learn the ways of theory.
我为你写推荐信
I’ll send word.
有虫子
Worm hole.
你的数学怎么样?
How’s your mathematics?
如果他想成为物理学家 可能还不够好
Not good enough for the physicist he wants to be.
代数就像音乐
Algebra’s like sheet music,
重要的不是读懂音乐 而是能听见音乐
the important thing isn’t can you read music, it’s can you hear it.
你能听见音乐吗 罗伯特?
Can you hear the music, Robert?
我可以
Yes, I can.
艾略特 《荒原》(1922)
毕加索 《交叉双臂坐着的女人》
斯特拉文斯基 《春之祭》(1913)
有请怀俄明州参议员
The senator from Wyoming.
施特劳斯将军 我对你和罗伯特·奥本海默博士的关系
Admiral Strauss, I’m interested in your relationship
很感兴趣
with Dr. J. Robert Oppenheimer.
你在1947年认识他
You met him in 1947.
没错
Correct.
你曾担任原子能委员会委员
You were a commissioner of the Atomic Energy Commission.
是的 但其实我是以普林斯顿高等研究院
I was, but I actually met Robert in my capacity
董事会成员的身份认识罗伯特的 战后……
as board member of the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton. It was…
他被誉为世界著名的物理学大♥师♥
after the war, he was world-renowned as the great man of physics,
我决定让他来管理这个研究所
and I was determined to get him to run the Institute.
奥本海默博士 很荣幸见到你
Dr. Oppenheimer. An honor.
施特斯先生
Mr. Strauss.
念作“施特劳斯”
It’s pronounced “Strauss”.
奥本海姆 奥本海默……
“Oppenheimer”, “Oppenheimer”…
不管你怎么读 他们都知道我是犹太人
Either way you say it, they know I’m Jewish.
我是曼哈顿的以马内利会堂的主席
I’m president of Temple Emanu-El in Manhattan.
“施特劳斯”是南方发音
“Strauss” is just a Southern pronunciation.
总之 欢迎来到研究所 我想你在这里会很开心的
Anyway, welcome to the Institute. I think you’ll be very happy here.
对了 通勤很方便 你会喜欢的
Yes, well, you’ll love the commute.
那所房♥子就是为你就职后和你妻子准备的
The position comes with that house for you and your wife,
还有你的……是两个孩子吧?
and your… is it two children?
对 两个
Yes, two.
我很欣赏你的工作
I’m a great admirer of your work.
你是受过正规学习的物理学家吗 施特劳斯先生?
You’re a physicist by training, Mr. Strauss?
抱歉 这里是公共休息室 四点钟准时提供茶点
I’m sorry, uh, common room, four o’clock tea.
不 我没有物理或其他方面的证书
No, I’m not trained in physics or anything else.
我是自学成材的
I’m a self-made man.
啊 我能理解

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.4
导演
8.5
故事
7.9
表演
8.5
前一篇文章毒家新闻(2003)
下一篇文章过往人生(2023)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
oppenheimer“普罗米修斯从众神那里窃取了火种并将其送给了人类” "PROMETHEUS STOLE...