But you can’t tell us what you’re doing.
-我不知道
-他们在纳粹手上
-I don’t know.
-The Nazis have them.
尼尔斯·玻尔在哥本哈根
Niels Bohr’s in Copenhagen.
在纳粹占领下 普林斯顿停止印刷报纸了吗?
Under Nazi occupation. Did they stop printing newspapers in Princeton?
我们为什么要去一个鸟不拉屎的地方 谁知道要去多久?
Why would we go to the middle of nowhere for who knows how long?
一两年 或者三年吧
For a year or two. Or three.
将军 能让我们单独谈谈吗?
General, could you… give us a moment?
这是为了释放巨大的力量
It’s about unleashing a strong force.
抢在纳粹之前
Before the Nazis do.
我的天
Oh my god.
-尼尔斯不会为纳粹工作的
-不 从来没有
-Niels won’t work for the Nazis.
-No, never.
但只要他们抓住了他 我们就没辙
But while they have him, we don’t.
所以我才需要你
That’s why I need you.
你为什么觉得我会这么做?
Why would you think I’d do that?
为什么? 为什么?
Why? Why?
因为这是他妈世界历史上
How about because this is the most important fucking thing
最重大的事件 还不够吗?
to ever happen in the history of the world?
想想吧?
How about that?
妈的
Fuck.
他们不会让我参与这个项目的
They’re not gonna let me onto this project.
还没通过安全检查
And failing a security check
即使战争结束后 也不利于职业发展
is not going to be good for a career even after the war.
所以你也是同路人 那又怎样?
So you’re a fellow traveler. So what?
全国处于紧急状态
This is a national emergency.
我有些不可告人的秘密 他们让我负责
I’ve got some skeletons. They put me in charge.
他们需要我们
They need us.
卸磨杀驴而已
Until they don’t.
有没有可能把波尔弄出丹麦?
Is there any chance of getting Bohr out of Denmark?
不可能 我问过英国人了
Yeah, no dice. I checked with the British.
除非我们的大军能打回欧洲大♥陆♥ 否则门都没有
Until we get Allied boots back onto the continent, there’s just no way.
他有那么重要吗?
Is he that important?
你认识多少人证明爱因斯坦是错的?
How many people do you know who proved Einstein wrong?
你知道吗 坐飞机真的会更快
You know, it really would be quicker to take a plane.
飞机太危险了
A plane’s too risky.
我们是国之重器
The country needs us.
怎么了 伙计们?
What happened, guys?
他们说这栋建筑太小了 无法容纳回旋加速器
They say the building’s too small for this cyclotron.
给他们找建筑师来
Get them together with the architects.
这地方什么时候开张?
When’s this place supposed to open?
两个月
Two months.
罗伯特 你很擅长激励人心 但……
Robert, you’re the great improviser, but this…
做事不能光凭热情
you can’t do in your head.
我有四个师
Four divisions.
实验 理论 冶金
Experimental, theoretical, metallurgical.
谁领导理论?
Who’s running theoretical?

I am.
这就是我所担心的 你摊子铺得太大
That’s what I was afraid of. You’re spread too thin.
那就你来负责理论
So you take theoretical.
我不会参与的 罗伯特
I’m not coming here, Robert.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
你扔下一颗炸♥弹♥ 同时落在正义和不正义的人身上
You drop a bomb and it falls on the just and the unjust.
我不希望三个世纪物理学的巅峰成就
I don’t wish the culmination of three centuries of physics
成为大规模杀伤性武器
to be a weapon of mass destruction.
伊兹……
Izzy…
我不知道我们是否有资格拥有这么强大的武器
I don’t know if we can be trusted with such a weapon.
但我知道纳粹不行
But I know the Nazis can’t.
我们别无选择
We have no choice.
所以……
Then…
你要做的第二件事
The second thing you have to do
是任命汉斯·贝特管理理论部门
is appoint Hans Bethe to run the theoretical division.
等等 第一件事是什么?
Wait, what was the first?
脱下那身可笑的军服
Take off that ridiculous uniform.
你是个科学家
You’re a scientist.
格罗夫斯坚持要我们参军
Groves is insisting we join.
让格罗夫滚犊子吧
Tell Groves to go shit in his hat.
他们需要真正的我们
They need us for who we are.
做你自己吧
So be yourself.
只会更好
Only better.
这是唯一的钥匙
This is the only key.
泰勒已经到了
And Teller’s already here.
-要我带他进来吗?
-不 等其他人到齐
-Shall I just show him in?
-No, let’s wait for the others.
我们开始吧
Let’s get started.
-你好 爱德华
-好
-Hello, Edward.
-Yes.
先生们 那么 我们就在这里工作
Gentlemen, so, we will work here
直到洛斯阿♥拉♥莫斯的T区完工
until the T Section at Los Alamos is finished.
-爱德华 我能……
-这个更重要
-Edward, can I…?
-This is more important.
当我计算连锁反应时 我发现了一个相当棘手的可能性
When I calculated the chain reaction, I found a rather troubling possibility.
不 这不可能
No, this can’t be right.
说说你是怎么计算的
Show me how you did your calculations.

Yes.
-指数级
-不 不 不 不
-Exponential.
-No, no, no. No.
不可思议
This is fantasy.
泰勒的计算不可能正确
Teller’s calculations can’t be right.
你们先各干各的 我去趟普林斯顿
Do them yourself while I go to Princeton.
-去干吗?
-找爱因斯坦谈谈
-What for?
-To talk to Einstein.
可 这两者之间没什么共同点
Well, there’s not much common ground between the two.
这就是为什么我应该听听他的意见
That’s why I should get his view.
-阿尔伯特
-嗯?
-Albert.
-Hmm?
是你 奥本海默博士
Ah, Dr. Oppenheimer.
你见过哥德尔博士吗?
Have you met Dr. Gödel?
我们大部分时间都在这里散步
We walk here most days.
森林有着最激动人心的结构
Trees have the most inspiring structures.
阿尔伯特 我能和你说句话吗?
Albert, might I have a word?
当然 对不起 科特
Of course. Excuse me, Kurt.
有时候科特拒绝吃东西
Some days Kurt refuses to eat.
即使在普林斯顿 他也坚信纳粹可以在他的食物里下毒
Even in Princeton, he’s convinced that the Nazis can poison his food.
这是谁做的?
Whose, whose work is this?
泰勒
Teller’s.
你认为这意味着什么?
What do you take it to mean?
中子撞击原子核
Neutrons smash into the nucleus,
释放中子撞击其他原子核
releasing neutrons to smash into other nuclei.
临界点
Criticality.
连续不断 巨大的爆♥炸♥力
Point of no return. Massive explosive force.
可一旦 连锁反应没有停止
But this time, the chain reaction doesn’t stop.
整个大气层都会被点燃
It would ignite the atmosphere.
当我们引爆原子装置 我们可能会引发连锁反应
When we detonate an atomic device, we might start a chain reaction that…
毁灭世界
destroys the world.
所以来找我 嗯?
So here we are, hmm?
你迷失在量子的概率世界里了
Lost in your quantum world of probabilities,
亟需确定性
and needing certainty.
你能亲自计算一下吗?
Can you run the calculations yourself?
我们唯一的共同点
About the only thing you and I have in common
是对数学的蔑视
is a disdain for mathematics.
谁在伯克利负责这个?
Who’s working on this in Berkeley?
汉斯·贝特
Hans Bethe.
他会查出真♥相♥的
Well, he’ll get to the truth.
如果真♥相♥是灾难性的呢?
And if the truth is catastrophic?
那么你就停下来 和纳粹共享你的发现
Then you stop, and you share your findings with the Nazis.
这样双方都不会毁灭世界了
So neither side destroys the world.
罗伯特
Robert.
这是你的 不是我的
This is yours, not mine.
泰勒错了
Teller’s wrong.
他错了