还有件重要的事
There remains one further important duty before the court.
我们必须确认这些宝藏属于谁
We must now establish to whom it belongs.
古老的羊皮书为此提供了宝贵的证据
I understand that the old parchments provide valuable evidence on this point.
现在有请伦敦大学的哈顿·琼斯教授
We will now hear the translation of that document
为我们翻译羊皮书有关的内容
from Professor Hatton-Jones of London University.
不好意思
Oh, I’m so sorry.
我想哈顿·琼斯教授对这个宝藏
I understand that Professor Hatton Jones
最初属于谁应该有明确的答案了吧
has successfully established the original ownership of this treasure.
确实有了
Yes, indeed.
它属于当时的勃艮第公爵
It belongs to the Duchy of Burgundy,
也就是查尔斯公爵名下的财产
being vested in the person of the Duke Charles…
他是在1477年去世的吧
Who, I believe, died in 1477?
若根据贝辛 雷芬堡 古卢特和施梅尔的说辞 确实是
If we are to believe Basin, Reiffenburg, Gollut and Schmel.
事实上 根据所有主流历史学家的说法
In fact, according to all the major historians,
他是在南锡战役中被杀的
he was killed at the Battle of Nancy.
但在这份令人振奋的文件帮助下
But with the aid of this most exciting document,
我现在能够改变历史的进程
I am now able to change the course of history.
能请您更加详细地阐述您的观点吗
Would you mind explaining your point more fully?
想象在一个战场上
Picture a battlefield.
9481位勇士为了维护勃艮第的荣誉而战死
9,481 frozen corpses are all that remains of Burgundy’s pride.
公爵自己也躺在勇士的血泊之中
The Duke himself lies slain among them.
公爵可怜的尸体赤♥裸♥着 被老鹰洗劫 被狼群啃咬
This poor naked body, robbed by harpies, bitten by wolves,
早已面目全非
the visage battered beyond recognition,
他们把这认定为是查尔斯七世的遗体
this they accept as the last earthly remains of Charles VII,
勃艮第公爵 夏洛莱王室的最后血脉
Duke of Burgundy, last of the line of Charolais.
这些历史学家说得对吗
Do they judge correctly?
这个真的是查尔斯·拉什的尸体吗
Is this indeed the cadaver of Charles the Rash?

Ha-ha!
如果是的话 那我就是圣女贞德
If so, then I am Joan of Arc.
我懂了
I see.
你是觉得那些历史学家都错了
Then it is your contention that the historians were wrong,
勃艮第公爵和他妻子一起逃走了吗
that the Duke of Burgundy escaped with his life?
没错 他活了下来
Yes! Charles the Rash lives on.
带着那部分消失的勃艮第财产
With the missing portion of the Burgundian treasure,
他逃去了一个未知的避难所
he has fled to an unknown refuge.
500年来他的避难所都是一个未知之谜 直至今日
Unknown for 500 years, but known at last today!
谜底揭晓 他来了皮姆利科的密拉蒙
Miramont House, Pimlico!
我们一直都知道
Now, it has always been known
密拉蒙之家的主人是一位自称为莫里斯·夏洛莱伯爵的
that Miramont House was occupied by a Burgundian nobleman
勃艮第贵族
styling himself the Count Maurice de Charolais.
有了这份文件的帮助 足以证明
With the help of this document, I now intend to prove
莫里斯·夏洛莱和勃艮第公爵
that Maurice de Charolais and the Duke of Burgundy
就是同一个人
were one and the same person.
因为这是爱德华四世签署的皇家特许状
For it is a Royal Charter signed by King Edward IV,
不光将密拉蒙之家赐予了公爵
making the Duke not only a grant of Miramont House,
同时还颁布从此以后这都属于
but decreeing that the entire estate shall be recognised henceforth
勃艮第的土地
as Burgundian soil.
放到现在 爱德华四世是决不会这么做的
Now, Edward IV would never have made such a grant…
教授 打扰一下
Er… excuse me, Professor.
你是在暗示这个宝藏不属于王室吗
Are you implying that this treasure does not belong to the crown?
是的 这份宝藏属于密拉蒙之家旧址上居住的人
Oh, no, it belongs to the people in the area covered by the old estate,
因为这个特许状令他们变为勃艮第的原住民
since this charter specifically makes them natives of Burgundy.
你是说住在那的伦敦人严格来说是勃艮第人吗
Do you mean that these Londoners are technically Burgundians?
毫无疑问 这份皇家特许状从未被废止
Indubitably. This Royal Charter has never been repealed.
从约克王朝的创立者
It is as valid today
在上面签名那日开始 直至今日依然生效
as on the day it was signed by the founder of the House of York.
哎呀 我还是个外国人
Blimey. I’m a foreigner.
这份文件
It would be difficult to exaggerate
意义非凡
the enormous importance of this document…
这周末天气不错 是的 先生
Looks like a fine weekend. Yes, sir.
你很快就会回来的
You’ll be back.
密拉蒙到了 你们这些外国人快点走
Miramont Place. Now, come on, step lively, all you aliens.
去贝尔格雷夫路吗 不 女士 我们去英格兰
Belgrave Road? No, lady, we’re going to England.
对不起 先生 没想到您会来
I’m sorry, sir, I wasn’t expecting you.
维克斯 看来我上次的拜访是白来了
Wix, it seems that my last visit here failed to make any impression on you.
还是我搞错了
Or am I mistaken?
还是你确实收到了总部
Perhaps you did receive Head Office sanction
允许记者去采访金库的通知
to admit the press to one of our strongrooms.
先生 我没收到 但这一切发生得太快 我…
No, sir, but it… it all happened so quickly, I…
你回答了我的问题 这就够了
You’ve answered my question. That’s enough.
我不打算追究此事
I don’t wish to pursue the matter.
我会跟总部建议把你调到
I shall have to advise Head Office to arrange for your transfer
我们的一个郊区支行去
to one of our country branches.
调职 不 先生
Transfer? Oh, no, sir.
我没法在其他地方工作
I… I could never settle down anywhere else.
这是我的家乡 我在这生活了一辈子
This is my home. I… I’ve lived here all my life.
我在这出生
I was born here.
在勃艮第出生
In Burgundy.
你不能让我离开自己的国家
You can’t throw me out of my own country.
别傻了
Don’t be absurd, man.
如果你真认为靠着法律的漏洞…
If you seriously think that an obscure part of the law…
不管是不是漏洞 从法律上说 这就是勃艮第
Obscure or not, legally, this is Burgundy.
总部已经无权管理这个银行
Head Office no longer has any jurisdiction over this bank.
这是我的银行
This is my bank.
两英镑就能买♥♥下这些了吧
I reckon two pounds will cover this.
嘿 你这可不少 至少需要40张购货证
Hey, how many in your litter? You need 40 ration books for that lot.
要什么购货证 这可是勃艮第
Ration books? This is Burgundy.
勃艮第
Burgundy!
那件衬衫还在吗
You still got that blouse?
又准备用你那廉价的优♥惠♥券吗
Fiddling coupons, then?
要什么优♥惠♥券 这可是勃艮第
Coupons? This is Burgundy.

Ah!
排什么队 这可是勃艮第
What do you want to queue for? This is Burgundy!
现在 五比二 满月
Now, then, now then! Five to two, Full Moon.
现在谁想来赌一下 勃艮第最古老的公♥司♥是哪家
Now, come on. Who wants a bet? The oldest firm in Burgundy. What’s that, sir?
对 是外销部 我们属于勃艮第
Yes, your export department. This is Burgundy.
为勃艮第干杯
Burgundy! Burgundy!
一饮而尽 维克斯先生 你的爱国情呢
Drink up, Mr. Wix. Where’s your patriotism?
不好意思 我刚刚粗略估算了我们的国家资产
Sorry, but I’ve just been making a rough estimate of our national assets.
王冠和硬币价值18200英镑
Crowns and ducats to the value of £18,200.
瓷器 高脚杯和大口水罐大约价值…
Pitchers, goblets and ewers to the value of…
什么是大口水罐 差不多能装一品脱啤酒
What’s ewers? Mine’s a pint.
那不错啊
That’s very good.
总之 我估算
Anyway, I estimate the total
总资产大约为十万英镑
to be somewhere in the neighbourhood of £100,000.
老天爷 那每个人♥大♥概有一千英镑 是不是
Cor, that’s about 1,000 nicker apiece, ain’t it?
那我要送查理去上伊顿公学 我要买♥♥一个咸水鱼鱼缸
I’ll send Charlie to Eton. I’m gonna have a saltwater aquarium.
等下
Just a minute.
宝藏属于集体 我很怀疑每个人的需要能否都得到满足
I doubt whether individual claims can be made to treasure vested in a community.
我就知道这里肯定有蹊跷
Oh, I knew there’d be a catch in it.
不管宝藏如何分配 这块土地是我们的
Whatever happens to the treasure, that piece of land is ours.
我知道接下来会发生什么
I think I know what’s coming.
当然可以 现在这属于勃艮第
Well, why not? It’s part of Burgundy now.
是时候为孩子们创造些福利了 明天就可以开始尝试了
About time we gave the kids a break. We can have a go tomorrow.
先把那个旧的水箱变为游泳池吧
Let’s turn the old static water tank into a swimming pool, for a start.
好 好
Hear, hear!
为勃艮第露天游泳池干一杯 干杯 干杯
Here’s to the Burgundy Lido! Hear, hear!
听起来是很不错 但你们的收益在哪呢
All very laudable, no doubt, but where are your returns?
真正对大家有益的
The real benefit to the community
还是刺♥激♥当地贸易发展
would be some scheme for stimulating local trade
和建立新公♥司♥
and launching new enterprises.
正如我所说
That’s what I say.
女士们 先生们 请注意下时间
Time, ladies and gentlemen, please.
你说的时间是什么意思 你以为我们还在英国吗
Here, what do you mean, time? Where do you think we are, in England?
小伙子 这儿可没有特许经营法 加兰先生 是不是
No licensing laws here, my lad. Isn’t that so, Mr. Garland?
没错 我说关门才关门
Yeah, that’s right. We close when I say.
那弹奏音乐也不需要特别许可了吗
Not even a music license?
你听到他说的了
You heard what the gentleman said.
他弹得比哈奇好 好多了
He’s better than Hutch. Much.
噢 哈奇…
Oh, Mr. Hu…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!