But he told me not to tell.
但是他告诉我要我保密
Mr Darcy? Stop it, Lizzie.
达西先生? 不要这样 伊丽莎白
Mr Darcy’s not half as high and mighty as you sometimes.
有时 达西先生还没你这么盛气凌人呢
Kitty, have you seen my ring?
吉蒂 看过我的戒指了么?
Write to me often, my dear.
多给我写写信吧 亲爱的
Married women never have much time for writing.
结了婚的女人是没有什么工夫写信的
I dare say you won’t.
我相信你没有
When I married your father, there didn’t seem to be enough hours in the day.
当年我嫁给你爸爸的时候 时间根本不够用
My sisters may write to me, for they’ll have nothing else to do.
姐姐们倒可以写信给我 反正她们也没事做
There’s nothing so bad as parting with one’s children.
同自己的孩子离别 真是再难受不过的事
One seems so forlorn without them.
他们走了 我好像失去了归宿
Goodbye. Goodbye, Lydia. Goodbye, Mr Wickham.
再见 再见 丽迪雅 再见 韦翰先生
Bye, Kitty. Bye, Papa.
再见 吉蒂 再见 爸爸
I can’t imagine what your father does with all that ink.
真难想象这么多的墨水你爸爸以后怎么用得完
Mrs Bennet.
班纳特夫人
Did you hear the news, madam? Mr Bingley is returning to Netherfield.
你听说了吗? 彬格莱先生要回尼日斐花园了
Mrs Nichols is ordering a haunch of pork. She expects him tomorrow.
尼可斯夫人订了猪肉 打算明天招待他
Tomorrow?
明天?
Not that I care. Mr Bingley’s nothing to us.
我关心的不是他 彬格莱对我们来说算不了什么
I’m sure I never want to see him again, no.
我永远都不想再见到他 再也不
We shan’t mention a word about it. Is it quite certain he’s coming?
我们不应该提起这个事情 他确定要回来了吗?
Yes, madam. I believe he’s alone.
是的 夫人 我想他是一个人来
His sister remains in town.
他的妹妹还在城里
Why he thinks we should be interested, I’ve no idea.
为什么他会认为我们有兴趣 我不知道
Come along, girls.
跟我来 孩子们
We better go home at once and tell Mr Bennet.
我们最好现在马上回家告诉班纳特老爷
The impudence of the man. I wonder he dare show his face.
真是厚颜无耻 我在想他有没有胆量现身
It’s all right, Lizzie.
没什么的 伊丽莎白
I’m just glad he’s alone
他一个人来我真高兴
because we shall see less of him.
因为这样我们就可以少点见到他
Not that I’m afraid of myself. But I dread other people’s remarks.
我不是怕自己会怎么样 但我怕人们又要说三道四
Oh, I’m sorry.
噢 对不起
He’s here. He’s here. He’s at the door.
他到了 他到了 他就在门口
Mr Bingley! Mr Bingley?
彬格莱先生! 彬格莱先生?
Oh, my goodness! Everybody behave naturally.
噢 我的天啊! 所有人都表现得自然点
And whatever you do, do not appear overbearing.
无论怎样 都不要太傲慢
There’s someone with him.
还有一个人和他一起来
Mr Whatsisname, the pompous one.
叫什么先生 一个自负的人
Mr Darcy? The insolence of it.
达西先生? 这个傲慢的家伙
What does he think of, coming here?
他在想什么 他来这里干什么?
Keep still, Jane. Mary, put that away at once.
不要紧张 吉英 曼丽 把它拿开
Find some useful employment.
做点有用的事情 帮帮忙
Oh, my Lord, I shall have a seizure, I’m sure I shall.
天哪 我要保持冷静 要镇定 我一定要
Kitty.
吉蒂
We can’t have this here.
这个不能放在这里
Mary, the ribbons, the ribbons.
曼丽 那些丝带 丝带
Mary, sit down at once. Mary!
曼丽 马上坐好 曼丽!
Mr Darcy and Mr Bingley, ma’am.
达西先生和彬格莱先生到 夫人
How glad we are to see you, Mr Bingley.
真高兴能见到你 彬格莱先生
There have been many changes since you went away.
自从你走了以后 这一带发生了好多事情
Miss Lucas is married and settled.
卢卡斯小姐结婚了 有了归宿
And one of my own daughters too.
我自己的一个女儿也出了嫁
You will have seen it in the papers,
你可能在报纸上看到了吧
though it was not put in as it ought to have been.
上面有消息 不过写得不成体统
Very short. Nothing about her family.
非常短 没有她家庭的介绍
Yes, I did hear of it. I offer my congratulations.
是的 我的确听说过 恭喜你们
But it is very hard to have my Lydia taken away from me.
然而丽迪雅离开我身边 我又觉得难受
Mr Wickham has been transferred to Newcastle, wherever that is.
韦翰被调去纽卡斯尔
Will you stay long in the country?
你会在乡下呆很长的时间么?
Just a few weeks. For the shooting.
只是几个星期 是来打猎的
When you’ve killed all your own birds,
等你把你自己庄园里的鸟儿打完以后
I beg you will come here
请到班纳特老爷的庄园里来
and shoot as many as you please.
你爱打多少就打多少
Mr Bennet will be vastly happy to oblige
我相信他一定非常乐意让你来
and will save the best coveys for you.
而且会把最好的鹧鸪都留给你
Excellent.
太好了
Are you well, Mr Darcy? Quite well, thank you.
你好吗 达西先生? 非常好 谢谢
I hope the weather stays fine for your sport.
我希望天气为你的捕猎保持晴朗
I return to town tomorrow. So soon?
我明天就回城了 这么快?
My Jane looks well, does she not?
我的吉英看起来不错吧 不是吗?
She does indeed.
她的确看起来很好
Well, we must be going, I think.
好了 我想我们要走了
Darcy. It’s been very pleasant to see you all again.
达西 能再次见到你们 我们感到高兴
Miss Elizabeth. Miss Bennet.
伊丽莎白小姐 班纳特小姐
You must come again.
你一定要再来
Last winter, you promised to have a family dinner with us.
去年冬天 你答应要上我们这儿来吃顿便饭
I’ve not forgot, you see.
你要知道 我一直都把这事放在心上
At least three courses.
至少三道主菜呢
Excuse me.
请原谅
Most extraordinary.
非常奇怪
We were going to walk in and she was going to say, “Sit down.”
我们当时走进去 然后她说 “请坐”
So, I feel…
所以 我觉得…
Oh, it’s a disaster, isn’t it?
噢 这真是一场灾难!
It’s been…
这是…
Miss Bennet. Mr Bingley.
班纳特小姐 彬格莱先生
I’ll just go in and I’ll just say it.
我要直接走进去 然后说出来
Yes, exactly.
好 正是要这样
I’m glad that’s over.
我很高兴我们结束了
Now we can meet as indifferent acquaintances.
现在我们两个见面就像素不相识的两个人
Oh, yes.
哦 是哦
You cannot think me so weak as to be in danger now.
你可别以为我那么软弱 还会招来什么危险
You are in great danger of making him as much in love with you as ever.
我看你有极大的危险 会使他如痴如醉地爱你
I’m sorry he came with Mr Darcy.
真抱歉 他把达西先生也带来了
Don’t say that.
别那样说
Why ever not?
为什么?
Jane.
吉英
I’ve been so blind. What do you mean?
我一直那么盲目 你说的是什么意思?
Look, it’s him. He’s back. He’s come again.
看 是他 他回来了 他又来了
I know this is all very untoward,
我知道这一切都很唐突
but I would like to request the privilege of speaking to Miss Bennet.
但我希望能有与班纳特小姐交谈的机会
Alone.
单独交谈
Everybody to the kitchen immediately.
所有人都立即去厨房
Except you, Jane, dear, of course.
当然除了你 吉英 我亲爱的
Oh, Mr Bingley, it’s so good to see you again so soon.
噢 彬格莱先生 能这么快再见到你 真是太好了
First, I must tell you I’ve been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass.
首先 我要告诉你 我是一个最愚昧无知的蠢货
Kitty, be quiet.
吉蒂 安静点
Yes.
我答应你
A thousand times yes.
千千万万次答应你
Thank the Lord for that. I thought it would never happen.
谢天谢地 我还以为这永远都不会发生
I am confident they will do well together.
我相信他们在一起会幸福的
Their tempers are much alike.
他们的性格很相似
They will be cheated assiduously by their servants.
他们那么好讲话 会被仆人们欺负的
And be so generous with the rest, they will always exceed their income.
他们都那么慷慨 到头来一定会入不敷出的
Exceed their income? He has 5,000 a year.
入不敷出? 他一年有五千英镑收入
I knew she did not be so beautiful for nothing.
我一向认为她不会白白生得这么美丽
must be free from all insincerity.
“…要远离所有的违心 “…
She only can address herself effectually to the feelings of others
她只能是设身处地去理解他人
whose mind glows with the warmth of sensibility
那些人因为情感得到了温暖 思想更为活跃
and whose arguments result from conviction.
因为有了信念而善于辩驳
She must feel the influence of those passions and emotions
她一定感受到激情和情感的影响
which she wishes to inspire…”
她希望能因此激发灵感…”
Can you die of happiness?
你会因为太幸福而死去吗?
He was ignorant of my being in town in the spring.
他说春天时完全不知道我也在城里
How did he account for it?
他有没有说明是什么缘故?
He thought me indifferent.
他以为我不爱他
Unfathomable. No doubt poisoned by his sister.
深不可测啊 一定是他妹妹说我坏话的
Bravo. That’s the most unforgiving speech you’ve ever made.
精彩! 我生平只听到你讲这一句气量小的话
Oh, Lizzie, if I could but see you so happy.
噢 伊丽莎白 但愿你也会同样的幸福
If there was such a man for you.
但愿你也能找到这样一个人
Perhaps Mr Collins has a cousin.
说不定柯林斯还有个堂兄弟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!