I’m not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly…
我不是假装谦虚 当我说我差的时候…
Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it.
过来 伊丽莎白 尊贵的夫人要你弹
How does Georgiana get along, Darcy?
乔治安娜现在学得怎么样啦 达西?
She plays very well. I hope she practises.
她弹得非常好 我希望她有常练习
No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.
卓越的技能无一例外需要持久的练习
I’ve told Mrs Collins this.
我对柯林斯夫人说过
Though you have no instrument, you’re welcome to come to Rosings
虽然你没有琴 也十分欢迎你来罗新斯花园
and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper’s room.
在管家的房间里面弹钢琴
You’ll be in nobody’s way in that part of the house.
你在那里不会妨碍任何人
You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.
你这样走过来听 莫不是想吓唬我?
But I won’t be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.
尽管你妹妹的确演奏得很好 我也不怕
I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.
就算想吓唬你 我知道是没法如愿的
What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?
我的朋友在赫特福德郡表现得怎么样?
You really care to know?
你真的想知道?
Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.
我先得请你不要害怕
The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,
当我第一次见到他时 他不和任何人跳舞
though gentlemen were scarce
尽管男客很少
and there was more than one lady without a partner.
当时在场的不少女客没有舞伴而闲坐一旁
I knew nobody beyond my own party.
当时舞会上除了自己人 我谁都不认识
Nobody can be introduced at a ball.
舞会里是不兴请人介绍女伴的
Fitzwilliam, I need you.
费茨威廉 过来
I do not have the talent
我没有那种本领
of conversing easily with people I have never met before.
能跟新认识的人也谈笑风生
Perhaps you should take your aunt’s advice and practise.
也许你应该听从你姑妈的意见多练习
Dear Jane…
亲爱的吉英…
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Please, do be seated.
请 请坐
Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.
柯林斯夫妇到村里去了
This is a charming house.
这是座迷人的房子
I believe my aunt did a great deal to it
我相信柯林斯先生初到这的时候
when Mr Collins first arrived.
凯瑟琳夫人一定在这上面费了好大一番心思吧
I believe so.
我相信她的确费了一番心思
She could not have bestowed her kindness
她的好心并没有白费
on a more grateful subject.
因为没人能比柯林斯先生更感恩戴德了
Shall I call for some tea? No, thank you.
需要为你叫一杯茶么? 不用了 谢谢
Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it’s been a pleasure.
祝你愉快 伊丽莎白小姐 与你聊天很愉快
What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?
你对可怜的达西先生到底做了什么啊?
I have no idea.
我一点头绪都没有
Every mind must have some counsellor
每个灵魂都需要安抚者
to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.
在悲痛中能安抚你
There are many conveniences which others can supply
还有其他很多便利是别人能给予
and we cannot procure.
但是我们无法提供的
I have in view those objects
以我的观点看来 那些便利
which are only to be obtained through intercourse…
是需要通过交流来获得的…
Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.
请原谅 从友谊和礼节上的交流
On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you
在那种情况下 骄傲的人主动与你接触
not with cordiality,
不是出于他的诚恳
but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy…
而是出于一个像对敌人般的怀疑…
How long do you plan to stay? As long as Darcy chooses.
你打算住多久 达西住多久我就住多久
I am at his disposal. Everyone appears to be.
我得听他调遣 看起来每个人都是如此
I wonder he does not marry
我不懂他为什么不还不结婚
and secure a lasting convenience of that kind.
结了婚不就可以有个人一辈子听他摆布了吗?
She would be a lucky woman.
能成为达西太太 是件幸运的事
Really?
真的吗?
Darcy is a most loyal companion.
达西是一个对同伴最忠诚的人
He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends.
他最近才拯救了他的一个朋友
What happened?
发生了什么事?
He saved him from an imprudent marriage.
他把他的朋友从一门鲁莽的婚事中拯救出来
Who’s the man?
那个人是谁?
His closest friend, Charles Bingley.
他最亲近的朋友 查尔斯·彬格莱
Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference?
达西先生有没有说 他为什么要管人家闲事?
There were apparently strong objections to the lady.
那位小姐有些条件不大够格
What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune?
什么条件? 不富裕?
I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable.
我想是她的家庭被认为是门不当户不对的
So he separated them?
所以他就去拆散他们?
I believe so. I know nothing else.
我想是的 我就知道这些
Miss Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白小姐
I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.
我实在没有办法撑下去了
These past months have been a torment.
这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨
I came to Rosings only to see you.
我来罗新斯只是为了见你
I have fought against judgement, my family’s expectation,
理智的想法和家族的期望阻挠着我
the inferiority of your birth, my rank.
你卑微的出身和我爵位的悬殊也令我迟疑不决
I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.
但我要把这一切统统抛开 请你终结我的痛苦
I don’t understand. I love you.
我不明白你在说什么 我爱你
Most ardently.
最真挚的爱
Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.
请赐予我荣幸 接受我的手吧
Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,
先生 我感激你的挣扎
and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.
很抱歉引起你的痛苦
It was unconsciously done.
我完全是无心的
Is this your reply? Yes, sir.
这就是你的回复? 是的 先生
Are you laughing at me? No.
你是在嘲笑我吗? 不
Are you rejecting me?
你是在拒绝我?
I’m sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it.
我确信 你心中阶级的门槛会帮助你克服痛苦
Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?
我能否问问 为什么我竟会遭受如此无礼的拒绝?
I might enquire
那么我能否问问
why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?
为什么你说喜欢我是违背了你自己的理智?
If I was uncivil,
若说我是无礼的
then that is some excuse.
那这就是我无礼的理由之一吧
But you know I have other reasons. What reasons?
但我还有别的理由 什么理由?
Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined
一个毁了我最亲爱的姐姐幸福的人
the happiness of a most beloved sister?
怎么会打动我的心去爱他呢?
Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,
你能否认你拆散了一对相爱的恋人
exposing your friend to censure for caprice
让你的朋友被大家指责为朝三暮四
and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,
让我的姐姐被大家嘲笑为奢望空想
involving them both in acute misery?
让他们双方都受尽了痛苦?
I do not deny it. How could you do it?
我并不否认 你怎么能做出这样的事情?
I believed your sister indifferent to him.
我认为你姐姐觉得他无关紧要
I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.
我觉得他的爱要比她更多
That’s because she’s shy!
那是因为她害羞!
Bingley was persuaded she didn’t feel strongly.
我说服彬格莱认为 她的感觉并不强烈
Because you suggested it. For his own good.
那都是你说的 我这样做是为了他好
My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me.
我姐姐连对我都不吐露她的心声
I suppose his fortune had some bearing?
我想你是担心她是看上了他的钱吧?
I wouldn’t do your sister the dishonour.
我无意使你姐姐难堪
It was suggested… What was?
有迹象表明… 什么?
It was clear an advantageous marriage…
这门婚事明显是为了谋取利益的…
Did my sister give that impression? No!
我姐姐给你那种印象? 不!
No. There was, however, your family…
你姐姐没有 然而你的家人…
Our want of connection?
你以为我们是为了攀高枝?
No, it was more than that. How, sir?
不 比那更甚 怎样更甚 先生?
The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father.
你母亲 你妹妹们还有你父亲有失身份的表现
Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.
请原谅我 你和你姐姐当然没有
And what about Mr Wickham?
那韦翰先生又是怎么回事?
Mr Wickham?
韦翰先生?
What excuse can you give for your behaviour?
你对他的所作所为 又能给出什么借口?
You take an eager interest.
你对他倒是十分关心
He told me of his misfortunes.
他告诉了我他的不幸遭遇
Oh, they have been great. You ruin his chances
哦 他的确太不幸啦 你毁了他
yet treat him with sarcasm.
现在还讥讽他
So this is your opinion of me?
这就是你对我的看法?
Thank you. Perhaps these offences
谢谢 只怪我老老实实地
might have been overlooked
把我以前一误再误 迟疑不决的原因说了出来
had not your pride been hurt
所以伤害了你的自尊心
by my scruples about our relationship.
否则你也许就不会计较我得罪你的这些地方了
I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?
难道你指望我会为你那些微贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗?
And those are the words of a gentleman.
这像是个绅士说的话吗?
Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others
你十足狂妄自大 自私自利 看不起别人
made me realise
我早就想好了
you were the last man in the world I could ever marry.
哪怕天下男人都死光了 我也不愿意嫁给你
Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.
请原谅 小姐 耽搁了你这么多时间

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!