Will there be anything else, ma’am?
谢了 安迪 不用了
Thanks, Andy. That’s all.
嘿 有人来了
Hey, we’ve got visitors.
陌生人 打哪来的
Hiya, stranger. Where are you from?
-德州 -我们能帮上你
-Texas. -What can we do for you?
-是不是有个牛群从这赶过去了 -有的
-A trail herd through here a while back. -That’s right.
-什么时候 -一周前
-When? -Over a week ago.
我们受印第安人攻击时 他们帮了我们
They helped us out when Indians hit us.
整装后又走了
We’ve been patching up wounded and damage before moving on.
走了有多远
How far ahead are they?
他们走了八天了 明天就第九天了
They’re gone eight days now. Nine tomorrow morning.
我们正要开饭 先生
We’re about ready to eat, mister.
你和你的手下可以留下
You and your men can split around.
-我们可供给你一餐 -谢谢
-We’ll feed you. -Thanks. I –
我来招呼唐森先生
I’ll take care of Mr. Dunson.
-你们两个跟我来 -你们两个跟我来
-You two boys follow me. -A couple of you come with me.
-你们两个跟我来 -你们两个跟我来
-Two of you follow me. -One of you come with us.
你们两个跟我来
A couple of you come with me.
你怎么会知道我的名字
How did you know my name?
这个一会再谈
We can talk about that later.
坐下吧
Sit down.
我相信我们吃的牛肉是你的
I believe it’s your beef we’re eating.
谁告诉你的
Who told you that?
你发誓要杀的那个人
The man you promised to kill.
他还和你说什么了
Did he tell you that too?
你累了 对不对
You’re tired, aren’t you?
又累又饿 还有一点怒
Tired, hungry, and just a little bit irritable.
吃了东西会好一点
You’ll feel better after you eat.
吃完后咱们再谈
We’ll talk then.
你如何从他手中拿到这个的
How’d you get that away from him?
我偷来的
I stole it.
你偷了那个手环
So you stole that bracelet.
-你是怎么弄到手的 -你真想知道
-How did you get it? -Would you really like to know?
-到底怎么回事 -在雨中捡到的
-How did you get it? -I got it in the rain…
八天前
eight days ago,
在他赶着你的牛群离开前
before he took your herd across that river and left.
我在想该不该相信你
I’m wondering whether to believe you.
我才不在乎你相不相信
I don’t care whether you do or not.
这我倒信
I believe that.
-还想继续听吗 -说吧
-Want to hear more? -Go ahead.
当时正下着雨
It was raining.
若不是那场雨 我便不会在这和你谈话
If it hadn’t rained, I wouldn’t be here talking to you.
他也不会到一个你能找得到 杀掉他的地方
He wouldn’t be where you could find him to kill him.
你还是想杀他 对不
You still intend to kill him, don’t you?
你说什么
Nothing you can say or do –
我什么都没说
I didn’t say anything.
我再给你倒杯酒
I’ll get you another drink.
他没带你一起走
So he went off and left you.
我可没想他会这么做
I didn’t give him that much credit.
-你爱他 -我就知道你会这样问
-You in love with him? -I thought you’d ask that.
一个女人能爱一个弃她而去的男人
Can a woman love a man who’d go off and leave her?
她 她不该
Well, she -she shouldn’t.
我想和他走 但他得做正事
I wanted to go with him, but he had work to do.
他得赶你的牛去卖♥♥
He had to get your cattle to market.
说我太虚弱不宜远行
Said I wasn’t strong enough to go…
无论我说什么
and nothing I could do
做什么 都改变不了他的心意
or say would make him change his mind.
但我好想和他走
But I wanted to go with him.
我是这么地想要他
I wanted him so much that –
你觉得
That you felt…
好似身上有如刀割
like you had knives sticking in you.
你怎么知道
How did you know that?
我猜从前也有人这么对你
I suppose other people have felt that way before.
-是的 -请告诉我 唐先生
-They have. -Now, will you tell me something?
-什么事 -你为何要杀他
-What? -Why do you want to kill him?
-他是个贼 -他会这么认为吗
-Because he’s a thief. -You think he thinks that?
他该这么认为 14年前 我在树丛中捡到他
He should! I picked him up in the brush leading a cow.
把所有的本领教给他
That’s 14 years ago. Taught him all I could.
他知我的计划 看见我做的一切
He knew what I was planning, saw what I was building.
知道有一天这都会变成他的
He knew that someday it’d all be his.
他的土地 他的牛群 一切
His land, his cattle, the whole thing.
我们甚至像其他男人那样谈论过女人
Even talked of a woman, as men will talk.
一个强壮的女人 可以替他生儿子的女人
A strong woman who could bear him sons.
像你这样的女人
A woman like you.
你为何要他生儿子
Why did you want him to have a son?
因为我创造了这一切
Because I’d built something –
用手创造了这一切 而我终究会死的
built it with my own hands -and I can’t live forever.
我必须活着看它长大
Can’t live to see it grow.
我以为我有个儿子
I thought I had a son.
但我没有 现在我想要一个
But I haven’t. And I want one.
我替你难过 唐森先生
I’m sorry for you, Mr. Dunson.
很替你难过
Very sorry.
-起来 -嗯
-Stand up. -Hmm?
-站起来 转过身去 -别命令我
-Stand up and turn around. -Don’t tell me what to do.

I I I I
好的
All right.
好吧 小姐
Well, Miss –
-我还不知道你叫什么 -茉蕾 苔丝·茉蕾
-I don’t even know your name. -Millay. Tess Millay.
如果我答应给你
Well, Miss Millay, what would you say if –
我一半的财产 你愿生个儿子吗
if I offered you half of everything I own for a son?
-你的儿子 -你能生就好
-Your son? -You can have a son, can’t you?
唐森的儿子 不是茉蕾的
By Dunson, out of Millay.
-你的一半财产 -没错
-Half of everything you’ve got. -That’s right.
若你立刻罢手 唐先生 我可以答应你
I’ll have your son, Mr. Dunson, if you’ll stop now.
立刻罢手回到你的家乡去
Stop now and go back where you came from,
-我可以答应你 -果然不出所料
-I’ll have your son. -I thought so.
你的手臂 是何时受伤的
When did you -Did you really hurt that arm?
我弄伤的 快好了
I hurt it. It’s almost well.
藏着的那把枪 可以拿出来了
You can take that gun out of the sling now.
这对你没好处
Wouldn’t have done you any good.
-你何时爱上他的 -那是在
-When did you fall in love with him? -I fell in –
那是在蓬车下
It was -It was under a wagon.
六尺的泥巴里
Six inches of mud.
-你何时 -什么
-When did you -What?
何时爱上她
Fall in love with her?
-谁 -你向我提起的那个女孩
-Who? -The girl you told me about.
-那个被你抛弃的女孩 -他告诉你的
-The one you left’, walked out on. -Did he tell you –
不 是你告诉我的
No, you told me.
你知他离我而去时我的感觉
You knew how I felt when he left me.
你离开她时 她定也有同感
She must’ve felt the same way when you left her.
这是事实 对不对
That’s right, isn’t it?
或是你已经忘了
Well, can’t you remember?
我当然记得
I can remember.
哦 希望真是如此
Oh, I -I hope so…
因为我想求你一件事
because I want you to think about her while
希望你考虑一下
I ask you something.
-我希望仔细地想清楚 -什么事
-I want you to think hard. -What?
-我想和你走 -不行 没用的
-I want to go on with you. -That won’t do any good.
-不要说了 -我知道 但求你让我和你走
-Nothing you can say or do – You told me, but I want to go.
求求你
Please.
-好吧 -谢谢
-All right. -Thanks.
非常谢谢你
Thanks a lot.
-你为何不用它 -嗯
-Why don’t you use it? -Hmm’?
你是说
Oh, you mean –
用了会有帮助
Would there be any use going if I did?
明天一大早出发
We’ll start early.
我会准备好
I’ll be ready.
马修·卡地的心越来越恐惧
害怕根本没有铁路
我一直在想 艾柏林可能没有
I been thinking that Abilene just ain’t.
也许是我们错过了
We probably missed it.
也许这方向是往加拿大的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!