有时候就会落空
Sometimes just closure.
部门里没有新警犬的预算了
The department has no money for new dogs.
我们使用的德国牧羊犬 进口自捷克共和国和德国
The German shepherds we use come from Czech Republic or Germany
每条都要花一万美元
and cost over $10,000 each.
我知道你有多想进来 以及你等待了多久
I know how much you want this. How long you’ve waited.
我个子不高 我刚刚达到了身高要求
I’m a short guy. I barely made the height requirement.
我必须两倍努力 才能达到正常人能得到的位置
I had to work twice as hard to get to the same place as everyone else.
我通常都付出十倍的努力
I’m used to working ten times harder.
长官
Sir.
丹尼
Danny.
接着
Catch.
我们可没有一万美元
We don’t have $10,000.
我们有一个孩子了 另一个快来了
With one kid here and another on the way,
我们要忙得不可开交了
we have our hands full.
再说一遍 -我怀孕了
Say what you just said again. -I’m pregnant.
这是好事啊!
That’s great news!
太棒了!
That’s great!
哦 梅尔!
Oh, Mel! Oh.
k9的狗狗们和他们的警员搭档 24小时待在一起 对吧?
K9 dogs live with their officer partners 24/7, right?
没事的 它们都受训过 一根手指都不用你动
It’s no trouble at all. They’re trained. You wouldn’t have to lift a finger.
我觉得也许现在 不是你进入K9的好时机
I’m thinking now maybe it’s not the right time for the K9 thing.
还记得我怀着芬恩时建造阳台的事吗
Remember how we were building the deck when I was carrying Finn,
你答应我如果再怀孕 会给我一个安静的环境吗?
and you promised a quiet pregnancy if it happened again?
这不是K9的好时间
It’s… It’s not the right time for K9 unit.
这是唯一的时间 梅尔
It’s the only time, Mel.
这是一次升职、一次晋升
It’s a… It’s a step up, a raise.
我们终于能够还清大学贷款
We’ll finally be able to pay off college loans,
给我们的孩子存点钱 以后也许还能换大房♥子
save for our kids, maybe get a bigger house someday.
所以你有什么计划? -我再打给你
So what’s the plan? -I’ll get back to you.
好了 爱你 -我也爱你
All right. Love you. -I love you too.
喂 趴下
Hey. Down. Down.
它听不懂 它太紧张了
She doesn’t listen. She’s too high-strung.
它会咬东西、到处乱刨 还偷吃的
She chews. She digs. She steals food.
它都不睡觉 整晚都在叫 甚至还随地大小便
She never sleeps. She barked all night. She’s not even housebroken.
我认识一些训狗师 我可以帮你介绍
I know people who train dogs. I could get you some names.
我会替你支付的 -我们不会再继续养它了
I’ll pay for it. -We’re not keeping her.
也许你那里有只小猫
Maybe you have a kitten?
那条狗看起来像露比 对吧? 但它不是 这是条新狗
That dog looks like Ruby, right? But it’s not. It’s a new dog.
它试过那么多次机会 我们不能再留着没被收养的狗
She’s had so many chances. We can’t keep unadoptable dogs.
它今晚会安乐死 -瑞克 不
She’ll be put down tonight. -Rick, no.
露比从来没有真正的家 它觉得这里才是家 我们才是它的家
Ruby’s never had a real home. She thinks this is home. We are her home.
当有人带走它时 它觉得 只是去拜访一下 就像是去看兽医
When somebody takes her, she thinks she’s just visiting, like going to the vet and we’re gonna pick her up.
你了解这些狗的
You know how these dogs are.
主人抛弃了它们 它们只好一天天等待
Their family drops them off here, and day after day they just wait,
期望主人能够回来接它们
expecting their person to come and get them.
有时候它们会等很长时间
They’ll wait and wait. Sometimes they wait a very long time.
这太让人伤心了 露比只是知道怎么回家
It’s heartbreaking. Ruby just knows how to get back home.
像狗这样忠诚、有爱心的动物
It can take a while before someone as loyal and loving as a dog
可能需要一段时间才能认可新主人 没人给过露比这种机会
can commit to someone new. Nobody’s given Ruby that chance.
派特 拜托 -再等一天
Pat, come on. -One more day.
我找到了可以叫来的人 拜托
I’ve got people I can call. Please.
你可以等到今天结束前
You have until the end of the day.
但是兽医会七点过来
But the vet comes at seven.
不 我希望我们可以帮助你 我们接受不了更多的狗了
No, I wish we could help you. We can’t take any more dogs.
谢谢 我想可以再给你一次机会
Thank you. I just thought I’d give you another try.
抱歉
Sorry.
嗨 亲爱的
Hi, honey.
你能拿一下月光吗?谢谢
Whoa. Can you just take Moonlight, please? Thank you.
你不能这样对我 不
You can’t do this to me. No.
我们有四个孩子 每个人都领养了小动物
No. We got four kids. And a rescue for each one.
再加上乔治 还有比利
Plus George, and Billie,
巴尼和月光
and Barney, and Moonlight.
杀了我算了 -好吧
You’re killing me. -Okay.
好了 我们开始吧 所有小队 这三个
All right, here we go. All teams, these three.
很好
Up! -Good.

Hey.
嗨 请坐
Hey. Pull up a stool.
什么?好吧
What? All right.
比在家里坐着看电视强
Lot better than sitting home watching TV.
啤酒? -根汁汽水
A beer? -Root beer.
是最好的沙士 带有姜和丁香的味道
Finest sarsaparilla with notes of ginger and clove.

Yeah.
你不认识有德国牧羊犬可送的人 对吧?
Uh, you wouldn’t know anyone with a German shepherd to give away, would you?
不认识
Nope.
我需要一只来尝试进入K9部门
I, uh, I need one to try out for the K9 unit.
别告诉萨雷拉你是听我说的
Don’t tell Zarella you heard this from me,
但你不需要一只德国牧羊犬 严格意义上来说不用
but you don’t need a German shepherd. Not technically.
我之前在马萨诸塞州见过这种例子
I’ve seen it before, up in Mass.
你需要的是一只年轻、体型匀称
See, what you’re needing is a young, good-sized dog
充满好奇心
who’s curious,
敏捷、有精神的狗
and agile, and has spirit.
而且没有成本
And costs nothing.
天啊
Shoot.

Hi. Um…
我在找一只德国牧羊犬
I’m looking for a German shepherd.
是你丢了一只 还是你希望领养一只?
You lost one, or are you hoping to adopt?
领养 抱歉
Um, adopt. Adopt. Sorry.
联♥系♥信息写在这里
Contact info here.

Um, okay.
我们没有很多纯种狗
We don’t get many purebreds.
可能需要等至少一年
Could be a year or more.
好吧 谢谢 我很抱歉…
All right. Know what? Thank you. I’m sorry, but–
我们有很多很棒的狗
We got a lot of great dogs.
我带你到后面去 看一看 说不定有你满意的
I mean, let me take you out back. Take a look. You never know.
好吧 谢谢
Yeah, all right. Thank you.
没有姓名签吗?
No name tag?
对 这很奇怪
Oh, yeah. That’s so weird.
我很喜欢这只 -多大了?
This one just gets to me. -How old?
一岁多一点儿
A little more than a year.
聪明吗? -一半边境牧羊犬的血统
Smart? -Half Border collie.
YouTube上有一个叫追球手的边牧 它知道1000个物体的名字
There’s one named Chaser on YouTube that knows the names of 1,000 objects.
你觉得它可能成为K9犬吗? -它可以成为任何犬
You think he could be a K9 dog? -She could be anything.
我知道
I know, I know.
过来 去拿回来
Come here. Fetch it. Fetch it.
露比 就在这里 去拿回来
Ruby, right here. Fetch it.
拿回来给我
Bring it to me.
露比
Ruby. Ruby. Ruby.
过来!
Come here! Come here! Come here!
拿回来给我 拿回来到这里
Bring it to me. Bring it here. Bring it here.
好孩子 过来 拿回来给我
Good girl. Come here. Bring it to me.
好孩子 好了 准备好了?
Good girl. All right, ready?
露比 好孩子 我知道
Ruby. Ready? Good girl. I know. I know.
你准备好了?来吧
You ready? Come on, come on, come on.
来吧
Come on.
露比!
Oh, Ruby. Ruby. Ruby!
过来 露比 拿回来给我
Come here. Come here, Ruby. Bring it to me.
这里 好孩子
Here. Here. Good girl.
谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
好孩子 谢谢你
Good girl. Thank you.
它很特别
She’s special.
有表格要填吗?这要如何领养?
So, are there forms to fill out? Or… how does this work?
它绝育了 并且接种了疫苗
So she’s fixed. She’s had her shots.
你还有什么想问的吗?它的历史?
Anything else you’d like to ask about her ? Like, her history?
我觉得 我看到的就足够了
I think, uh, you know, what I see is what I get.
它之前是条流浪狗
She was a street dog.
为了生存 习惯了打架
Used to scrapping to survive.
好吧 明白
All right. Cool.
它将成为第一个 成为K9部门的收♥容♥所♥狗
She’s gonna be the first shelter dog to make the K9 unit.
好吧
Okay.
它有些棘手
She’s a handful.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!