我能听见别人听不见的声音
My ears hear what others cannot hear.
看见远处 一般人看不见的
Small, faraway things people cannot normally see
细小事物
are visible to me.
这些官能根源于一生的渴望
These senses are the fruits of a lifetime of longing.
渴望被拯救
Longing to be rescued.
渴望变完整
To be completed.
就像裙子 有风吹才能飘起来
Just as the skirt needs the wind to billow,
我若只有自我 也难以完整
I’m not formed by things that are of myself alone.
我穿着母亲的上衣 系着父亲的腰带
I wear my father’s belt tied around my mother’s blouse.
脚穿叔叔给我的鞋
And shoes which are from my uncle.
这就是我
This is me.
就像花朵无法选择自己的颜色
Just as a flower does not choose its color
我们成为什么 也不是自己能决定的
we are not responsible for what we have come to be.
只有意识到这一点 你才能获得自♥由♥
Only once you realize this do you become free.
而长大成人
And to become adult
便是获得自♥由♥
is to become free.
生日快乐
生日快乐 英迪娅
理查德 不
Richard! No!
斯托克
他是挚爱的亲人
A family man,
妻子伊芙琳的忠诚丈夫
devoted husband to his wife, Evelyn,
女儿英迪娅的慈爱父亲
loving father to his daughter, India.
他是我们镇的典范
He was a model to our town
诠释了一个男人行走世界的气度
and of what it means to be a man who walks through the world
胸怀宽广 坦坦荡荡 正气凛然
with openness, honesty and integrity.
英迪娅
India?
理查德·斯托克遭遇命运的扭曲
Richard Stoker was taken from us
离开了我们
by a cruel twist of fate,
英迪娅
India?
原因如何 我们不得而知
the reasons for which are unknown and unknowable,
这样的事故 任何人都难以预料
by an accident nobody would have predicted.
即使是理查德这样出色的建筑师
It would have been impossible for even an outstanding architect,
也不可能理解上帝的这个安排
like Richard, to understand God’s great design.
英迪娅
India?
英迪娅
India.
客人马上就来了
The guests will be here soon.
你能去厨房♥给麦克嘉瑞克太太帮帮忙吗
Can you help Mrs. McGarrick in the kitchen?
好吗
Please?
别这么对我 英迪娅
Don’t do this to me, India.
别在今天
Not today.
他的车子被撬开时
When they pried open his car,
-他的尸体都烧得…-烧焦了
– you know, his body was burned… – To a crisp.
太可怕了
Terrible accident.
可怜的东西 英迪娅和她爸爸那么亲密
Poor thing. India was so close to her father.
现在谁来照顾她呢
Who’s gonna look after her?
她还有妈妈呢
She’s still got her mother.
让她妈妈照顾她
Her mother look after her?
反过来还差不多
More like the other way around.
这整个事故都太奇怪了 你不觉得吗
You know what? This whole accident is so strange.
你有没听到那些传言
Have you heard all the rumors floating around…?
你难道不觉得他是故意把车开下桥的吗
You don’t think he meant to drive off the bridge?
如果是 那他为什么要跑两个州的路
Why did he have to go two states away?
-我不知道 -有什么问题吗
– I don’t know. – Everything all right?
没有 麦克嘉瑞克太太
Yes, Mrs. McGarrick.
不知道是不是我把它们放在冰箱里太久了
Now I’m wondering if I kept them in the fridge too long.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
我是不是红辣椒放得太少了
Was I too stingy with the paprika?
你做的芥末蘸蛋让我想起了小时候
Your deviled eggs remind me of when I was a little girl.
你虽然长大了
Well, you may be all grown up,
但还是会把蛋壳撒一地
but you still get eggshells all over the floor.
你的鞋子是不是小了
Have you outgrown your shoes?
找到生日礼物了吗
Did you find your birthday present yet?
我找到了礼物盒 但它是空的
I found the box, but it was empty.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
仔细看过了吗
Did you check?
再去看看
Check again.
每一年 我都以为是我爸爸
Every year I thought it was my father
在我生日那天给我送的鞋子
who left me shoes on my birthday.
可结果 一直都是…
But all this time, it’s been–
告诉我这是哪儿的钥匙
Tell me what it opens.
我怎么知道呢
How would I know?
好了
All right.
那是我哥哥…
That was my brother….
你知道吗 本来是四件一套的
You know, originally they were part of a set of four
但我小时候打碎了一件
but then I broke one as a kid.
现在看来 这房♥子里
Now I’m seeing in this house
有人又打碎了一件
someone must have let another break.
不是我打碎的
No, it wasn’t me.
我们刚搬来时
When we– When we moved in,
有一件在管家开箱的时候碎了
it broke as the housekeepers were unpacking it.
英迪娅 快过来和你查理叔叔问个好
India. Come and say hello to your Uncle Charlie.
英迪娅 快过来
India? Come over.
一会儿见
See you soon.
你好 英迪娅
Hello, India.
来吧
Come on.
她讨厌被人碰
She hates to be touched.
我可是她妈妈
I’m her mother.
真是受罪
What a curse.
你知道吗 查理 理查德以前常说
You know, Charlie, Richard used to say
你人间蒸发了 我们再也找不到你了
that we had lost you to the rest of the world forever.
怎么了 英迪娅 你的脸色这么苍白
Why, India, you’re white as a sheet.
出事了吗
Is something wrong?
是的
Yes.
我爸爸死了
My father is dead.
真漂亮
How beautiful.
理查德对英迪娅的打猎技能非常自豪
Richard was so proud of India’s hunting
把她打回来的猎物都做成了标本
that he stuffed every single thing she killed.
真是对生命的极度浪费
What a tragic waste of life.
这些鸟生活在森林深处
These live particularly deep in the forest.
很难捉住的
They’d be very hard to catch.
我想理查德和英迪娅是对好搭档
I guess Richard and India were a good team.
真不像话
It’s kind of disrespectful,
他在自己哥哥的葬礼上都不♥穿♥黑色
him not wearing black to his own brother’s funeral.
他肯定是今天
He must have come back today
刚从中东之类的地方回来
from the Middle East or something.
就是伊斯坦布尔一个老地方的角落吗
It’s just part of a dig in some old part of Istanbul?
不是 我觉得他是去印尼掘金了
No, I think he was digging for gold in Indonesia.
我真的很感激你上午说的悼词
I really want to thank you for your words this morning.
我说的句句出自肺腑
Well, you and Richard deserve every word.
酒很不错
The wine’s good.
你在这儿呢 快来见见这几位
There you are. Come and join us.
这是理查德的弟弟
This is, uh, Richard’s brother.
-你好 -晚上好
– Hello. – Good evening.
-他回来了 -幸会
– He’s come back. – Nice to meet you.
这是布鲁姆夫妇 我们的好朋友
These are the Blooms, very good friends of ours.
晚上好
Good evening.
我都不知道理查德有个弟弟
I didn’t know Richard had a brother.
很高兴见到你
Nice to meet you.
我们很为你们惋惜
We’re sorry for your loss.
你怎么认识理查德的
How did you know Richard?
他24岁就从牛津拿到博士学位了
Got his doctorate from Oxford when he was 24.
斯托克真是天资过人
Stoker sure had the brains.
是啊 看看英迪娅就知道了
Yeah. Just look at India.
又见面了
Hello, again.
想知道你现在为什么觉得占下风吗
Do you want to know why you feel at a disadvantage right now?
是因为我直到今天才知道你这个人吗
Because I didn’t know you existed until today?
因为你站的位置比我低
Because you’re standing below me.
你和我爸爸真像
You look like my father.
我很遗憾
I am so sorry.
这也是你的不幸
It’s your loss too.
对了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!