-我受重伤了 混♥蛋♥ -闭嘴
– I’m seriously hurt. Shit. – Shut up.
英迪娅 别踢了
India, stop.
英迪娅
India.
住手 住手
Stop. Stop.
我弄死你
I’ll kill you.
我不会…
I don’t give a fuck…
打给我
什么事
Yes?
我能进来吗
Can I come in?
进来吧 几点了
Well, what time is it?
你能给我梳梳头吗
Would you brush my hair?
我都要睡觉了
I was just going to bed.
那我给你梳吧
Then I’ll brush yours.
你穿的是我买♥♥给你的睡衣
You’re wearing the nightgown I bought you.
我今晚想穿丝绸质地的睡衣
Tonight I felt like wearing something silk.
我想了想 我从来没给你梳过头
Now that I think about it, I never brushed your hair,
是不是
did I?
你太忙了
You were busy.
忙什么
With what?
不知道
I don’t know.
你和你♥爸♥总外出打猎
You and your father were always on your hunting trips.
我怎么能比得了
How could I compete with all of those dead birds
你们往家源源不断带回来的死鸟
you constantly brought home?
我今天在餐厅看到你了
I saw you in the dining room today.
不知道你看见了什么
I don’t know what you think you saw,
但什么都没发生
but nothing happened.
你一声不响 我都没注意你在那儿
You were so still, I never even heard you there.
爸爸教我的
Dad taught me that.
狩猎技巧
Hunting.
等待
To wait.
静等
In silence.
我们不吃不喝
We wouldn’t need food or drink.
我们眼观六路
We would watch everything.
看树枝蔓延
The patterns of tree branches spreading out.
看云朵千变万化
The thousands of shapes clouds make.
我能用五个小时数清树上有多少叶子
I could count the number of leaves on a tree in five hours.
我一直以为爸爸喜欢打猎
I always thought Dad liked hunting.
但今晚我意识到他是为了我才这么做
But tonight I realized he did it for me.
他常说 “有时你需要做点坏事
He used to say, “Sometimes you need to do something bad
“来阻止自己做更坏的事”
“to stop you from doing something worse.”
明天 我收拾完你♥爸♥的书房♥
Tomorrow, I’m gonna go to the hairdresser
会去趟理发店
after I clean out your father’s study.
理查德 17岁 查理 8岁 乔纳森 2岁 我的三个小捣蛋鬼难得一起合影 1988
理查德 18岁 查理 9岁 1989
英迪娅·斯托克 收
亲爱的英迪娅 生日快乐
Dear India, happy birthday.
你今天五岁了
You are five years old today.
多希望我能参加你的生日聚会
I wish I could be there for your party,
可叔叔我正在遥远的非洲摄影
but your uncle is far away in Africa taking pictures.
最爱的英迪娅 我从佛罗伦萨写信给你
Dearest India, I’m writing this letter to you from Florence.
昨天我环视米开朗基罗的”大卫”良久
Yesterday, I circled Michelangelo’s David for hours.
他扛着投石机
He carries a sling.
将武器置于左肩上
His belted weapon over his left shoulder.
你是我的最爱 唯一的侄女
You are my dearest and only niece.
我安静 无形的伙伴
My silent and invisible partner.
这些是我们这辈子传给你的教训
And these are the lessons for you in our many chapters together.
-亲爱的英迪娅 -再次祝你生日快乐
– Dear India. – Happy birthday again.
我错过了你长出第一个牙
I know I’ve missed your first teeth coming out.
我再也看不到你笑起来没牙的样子
And I’ll never see the holes in your smile
或者当你长成大姑娘时的满口玉齿
or how they will fill in as you mature into a young lady.
来自圣艾蒂安[法国城市]的问候
Greetings from Saint-Etienne,
这里人们见面时要行贴面礼
where everyone I meet insists on kissing both cheeks.
一种拥抱和亲吻的习俗
This custom of hugging and kissing.
估计你也会感到不自在
I think you, too, would find this uncomfortable.
如果换做你来拥抱我
If I found it was you in an embrace,
我就自在多了
I could make an exception.
不知道你是否也这么觉着
I wonder if you would, too.
-情人节快乐 -万圣节快乐
– Happy Valentine’s. – Happy Halloween.
圣诞快乐 虽然我一直没收到你的回信
Merry Christmas. Though I never receive a letter back.
我从满天繁星中
I see your messages in the stars.
或者音乐中得到你给我的讯息
Or in the music I hear.
这口哨声来自于
It is a whistling tune from a lonely man
漂泊在异国他乡的寂寞的人
wandering in a foreign land.
直到事态严峻
I sense things so acutely
我才有所意识
until it becomes almost too much.
你是不是也有同样的感受
I wonder if for you, too, life is made difficult by
你能听到和看到别人听不到和看不到的
The fact that you can hear what others cannot hear,
这使得生活变得艰难
see what they cannot see.
总有一天你会变得与众不同 英迪娅
I know that someday you’ll be very special, India,
你已经很特别了
and you already are.
我知道你的内心深处是寂寞的
I know inside you feels some loneliness.
因为你是一个人
Because you are the only one.
要知道你还有我 我们是一家人
Please know that I am with you as we share the same blood.
今晚 我想象着你长大后继承家业
Tonight, I’ll fall asleep as I try to imagine
伴着此景我将进入梦乡
that you’ll grow up and take over our name.
我多么想见到你
How I want to meet you.
-吾爱 查理 -吾爱 查理
– All my love, Charlie. – All my love, Charlie.
美国宾夕法尼亚州克劳福德研究所6229信箱 邮编19086
这里是米德尔班治安局
You’ve reached the Middlebend Sheriff’s Department.
紧急情况请挂电♥话♥并拨♥打♥911
If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial 911.
如有他事 稍后由其他人员为您转接
Otherwise, please hold for the next available operator.
米德尔班治安局 有什么能帮您的吗
Middlebend Sheriff’s Department, how may I help you?
您好
Hello?
您好
Hello?
您好
Hello?
我爸爸有副一模一样的墨镜
My father had the exact same sunglasses.
他只在开车的时候戴
He wore them only when he was driving
所以一直放在车里的贮物箱
so they were always in the glove compartment.
我猜那副眼镜已经跟那辆车
Now I suppose they’re all melted up,
一起烧掉了
along with the rest of the car.
趁我妈妈醒之前请离开
Please leave before my mother wakes up.
你不好奇理查德的事吗
Aren’t you curious about what happened to Richard?
我好奇乔纳森怎么了
I’m curious about what happened to Jonathan.
那跟理查德的事有密切的关系
That’s an inseparable part of what happened to Richard.
乔纳森很喜欢理查德
Richard was completely taken with Jonathan.
那年夏天 乔纳森刚学会爬楼梯
That summer, Jonathan had just learned how to climb the stairs.
我们再来一遍 出发
Let’s go again. Let’s go.
见到楼梯他就忍♥不住要爬
He couldn’t resist climbing any staircase he came across.
您的家族在20年前
It’s been 20 years
向克劳福德捐赠了这栋楼
since your family donated this building to Crawford.
它看起来很有年头
It may look old now,
但查理的房♥间还是很舒适的
but Charlie’s room is still very comfortable.
如你所知 他自己想留在这儿
As you know, he was the one who wanted to stay here.
可这天他坚持要离开这儿
And he insisted on being discharged on this day.
今天就走
Today.
欢迎你来我家
Welcome to my home.
远离家乡的家
Away from home.
再见 杰奎因医生
Au revoir, Dr. Jacquin.
我们后会有期
是的 查理
Oui, Charlie.
再会
Until we meet again.
我真为你感到骄傲
I’m so proud of you.
你以前一直很喜欢那辆车
It always was your favorite car.
你一定会爱上纽约这座城的
I think you’re gonna love New York.
我给你弄了套公♥寓♥
I got you your own apartment.
看到没
You see?
我们不是要去你家吗
Aren’t we going to your house?
所有必需品都在这里
Everything you need is in here.
为什么不去你家
Why aren’t we going to your place?
我见不到英迪娅了吗
I’m not gonna see India?
这是钥匙
Here are the keys.
你看我
I think you’ll see that
帮你解决了所有问题
I’ve taken care of all the details.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!