It’s just…
妈妈
Mum.
今天是她的生日
Her birthday.
是啊
Yeah.
每次我见到你 你都长得越来越像她
You’re looking more and more like her every time I see you.
告诉我在海滩上长大是什么样
Tell me about growing up on the beach.
妈妈没告诉过我
Mum never told me anything.
拜托
Please?
那片海滩叫90英里海滩
It was called Ninety Mile Beach.
我小时候大部分时间都住在那里
I lived there for most of my childhood.
我的家是一个小棚屋
My home was a little shack,
坐落在一片长长的沙丘和灌木丛中
perched on a long stretch of sand hills and scrub.
就在库隆
Just down south in the Coorong.
一边是浅水 另一边是无垠的海洋
Shallow water on one side and a massive ocean on the other.
我们离开了城市
We left the city.
我爸想尽可能远离任何人
My dad wanted to be as far away from anyone as possible.
我们几天 几周都见不到其他人
We’d go for days and weeks without seeing another person.
我在海上度过了大部分时光
I spent my days on the sea.
我晚上在家上学
And my nights doing home school.
现在 告诉我们 你叫什么名字
“Now, tell us. What’s your name?
珀西瓦尔·韦迈斯·麦迪逊 是
Percival Wemys Madison, the…
– 郊区牧师家 – 教区牧师家
The Vicarage.” Vicarage.
意思是牧师的房♥子
It’s a priest’s house.
教区牧师家 哈考特大街
“The Vicarage, Harcourt Street.
安东 安东尼 汉斯
Antone… Anthony, Hants.”
早上 我看着鸟儿
And in the mornings, I watched the birds.
这个世界对我和我爸爸来说可能很残酷
The world might have seemed harsh to my dad and me…
但对他们来说 不是
but not to them.
这就是他们的家
They were home.
我不认识其他任何人 我与世隔绝
I didn’t really know any other life. I was cut off from the world.
然后有一天 世界来到了我身边
Then one day, the world came to me.
他又来了
He’s come in again.
– 凯洛 他需要补给 – 他儿子怎么样了
Needed supplies. Kero. How’s his boy, say?
他说很好
He said he’s fine.
这是不对的 一个男孩独自生活在外面
It’s not right. A boy living alone out there…
别管他
Leave him be.
给你
Here you are.
– 下次结♥帐♥可以吗 – 别担心
Settle up next time? No worries.
全城人都在说
That’s all town’s talking about.
一万英亩土地
Ten thousand acres.
猎人们想在上面打猎
See, the hunters want it for shooting.
其他人想把这片地变成所谓的禁猎区
The other folks wanna turn it into what they call a sanctuary.
– 这对鸟儿来说是安全的地方 -你认为会怎么样
It’s a safe place for the birds. Well, what do you think will happen?
投票就要结束了
I think the vote’ll be close,
但是 了解大部分人 他们可能会站在猎人一边
but, knowing people, they’ll probably side with the hunters.
谁在乎一群鸟呢
Who cares about a bunch of birds?
这是个贝丘
It’s a midden.
合适的白人词是 贝丘
Proper white man word is “midden.”
他们以前在这里吃贝类
They used to crack shellfish here.
很好吃的东西
Good tucker.
你从哪儿来
Where do you come from?
附近
Just about.
你怕我吗
You scared of me?

No.
我叫指骨比尔
Fingerbone Bill’s my name.
你知道我叫你什么吗
You know what I call you?
曼塔乌·姆加瑞里
Mantawu Mgauriri
你去过大坑区 我见过你
Because you walk in the big blow, I’ve seen you.
我也见过你
I’ve seen you too.

See.
我们互相认识 没有理由害怕
We know each other. No reason to be scared.
我的人很久以前就在这里扎营了
My people made camp here, long time ago.
没有白人
No white fellas.
几千年来 只有黑人
For thousands of years, just black fellas.
好吧 如果我当时住在这里 我会是个黑人
Well, if I lived here back then, I’d have been a black fella.
算是这样吧
Reckon it so.
嘿 你说得对 说得合适
Hey, you’re right. Telling it proper.
很快就会有暴风雨
There’ll be a storm soon.
当鹈鹕被杀死时 总会有暴风雨
When pelican is killed, there’ll always be storm.

Look!
– 他们还活着 – 是啊
They’re alive. Yeah.
其他的鸟会照顾他们的 对吗
The other birds will look after them, right?
他们不会这么做的 曼塔乌·姆加瑞里
It’s not their way, Mantawu Mgauriri.
我们不能让他们就这么死掉
We can’t let them die.
他们太小了 我们无能为力
They’re too young. There’s nothing we can do.
他们不会死的
They won’t die.
走吧
Good to go.
早晨好
Morning.
迈克尔
Michael!
哦 天哪
Oh, God.
我一定是睡着了 我完全睡过去了
I must have fallen asleep, I completely crashed.
谢谢你的咖啡 安吉拉
Thanks for the coffee, Angela.
我觉得你可能需要加点料 爷爷
Thought you might need a hair of the dog, Grandpa.
那么继续吧 我要来一下
Go on, then. I’ll take a wallop.
– 一口爽马上就到 – 拜托
One wallop coming right up. Come on!
喝完咖啡 你得加快速度了
Finish your coffee. You gotta get a move on.
– 我头两节没课 – 好吧
I’ve got my first two periods free. It’s fine.
上帝
God.
跟我再聊聊关于鸟的事
So tell me more about the birds.
我以为你不感兴趣 你睡着了
I thought you weren’t interested. You fell asleep.
不 我都听到了
No, I heard it all.
告诉我
Tell me.
好吧
Yeah?
哦 我不知道下一步该怎么做 如何能让那些鸟活着
Oh, I had no idea what to do next. How to keep those birds alive.
拔些草来
Grab some grass.
在90英里海滩 可没有兽医
There were no vets on Ninety Mile Beach.
或是图书馆 能查些资料
Or libraries to look stuff up.
– 给你 – 谢谢
Here you go. Thanks.
– 进来吧 – 你父亲在吗
Come on in. Your father here?
不再 没关系的
No, it’s okay.
进来
Come in.
这是他的房♥子 我和他还没见过面 我还是在外面吧
This is his house. We have not met. I’ll stay out here.
一切都会好起来的 现在会没事的
It’s gonna be okay. Gonna be okay now.
听见吗
Hear me?
你喂他们什么呢
What you gonna feed them?
– 爸爸有诱饵 – 他们可吃不了鱼
Dad’s got some bait. They can’t eat proper fish.
他们太小了
They’re too small.
– 那是什么 – 能让他们不生病
What’s that? Help them not get sick.
你要怎么喂他们呢
How are you gonna feed them?
估计你得像他们的妈妈那样
Reckon you’re gonna have to do it like their mum does.
我可不能像他们的妈妈一样
I can’t do it like their mum.
他们把头伸进她的嘴里吃东西 她
They stick their head in her mouth and she…
把吃的呕给孩子们
Chucks up into them.
我可做不到 这
I can’t do that. It’s…
我有个主意
I’ve got an idea.
我觉得这不是个好主意
I don’t think this is a good idea!
事实上 我确信这是个坏主意
In fact, I’m sure it’s a bad idea!
就开始做吧
Just do it!
特别的你
Special one.
很好
It’s good.
拜托 拜托
Please. Please.
– 奏效了 – 他们能吃多少给多少
It worked. Give them as much as they’ll take.
让他们强壮起来 曼塔乌·姆加瑞里
Get them strong, Mantawu Mgauriri.
你干什么去
Where are you going?
去雨中淋个痛快
Gonna wash good in the rain.
我有预感 这场大雨会很猛烈
I smell something fierce.
这什么味儿 你剁鱼了吗
What’s that smell? You’ve been cutting up fish?
我有东西要给你看 爸爸
I’ve got something to show you, Dad.
你到底干什么了
What’s all over you?
我用舷外马达做了些食物 他们很喜欢
I used the outboard to make some food. They like it.
你在哪儿找到他们的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!