没错 这就是加利福尼亚州 洛杉矶市的日落大道
Yes, this is Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California.
现在是早上5点
It’s about 5:00 in the morning.
刚才是凶杀案报道
That’s the homicide squad…
由警探们和记者们共同完成
complete with detectives and newspapermen.
在一万号♥街区的一栋豪♥宅♥里…
A murder has been reported from one of those great big houses…
发生了一起凶杀案
in the ten thousand block.
您将在后续报道里了解到详情
You’ll read about it in the late editions, I’m sure.
您可以通过收音机或是电视收听或收看到
You’ll get it over your radio and see it on television…
一个过气的明星牵涉其中…
because an old-time star is involved…
一个曾经的天♥皇♥巨星
one of the biggest.
不过在你听到走样的
But before you hear it all distorted
甚至是被歪曲的故事之前
and blown out of proportion…
在那些好莱坞专栏作家染指之前
before those Hollywood columnists get their hands on it…
或许你想听到真正的故事… 事情的真♥相♥
maybe you’d like to hear the facts… the whole truth.
如果是这样 你就找对地方了
If so, you’ve come to the right party.
瞧 一个年轻人的尸体被找到了…
You see, the body of a young man was found…
漂在她的豪♥宅♥的游泳池里…
floating in the pool of her mansion
背上中了两枪 腹部一枪…
with two shots in his back and one in his stomach.
是谁并不重要 真的
Nobody important, really.
只不过是一个写了几部B级电影的作家而已
Just a movie writer with a couple of B pictures to his credit.
可怜的家伙 他一直想要个游泳池
The poor dope. He always wanted a pool.
最后总算是得到啦…
Well, in the end he got himself a pool…
只不过付出的代价高了点
only the price turned out to be a little high.
让我们回到6个月前
Let’s go back about six months
故事开始的那一天吧
and find the day when it all started.
我住在富兰克林与爱娃街上的一间公♥寓♥里
I was living in an apartment house above Franklin and Ivar.
那时的情况很糟糕
Things were tough at the moment.
我在片厂已经很长时间没活儿干了
I hadn’t worked in a studio for a long time.
我只是坐在那里 每周机械性的编造两个原创的故事
So I sat there, grinding out original stories, two a week.
只是我看起来没有了感觉
Only I seemed to have lost my touch.
也许这些故事不够新颖
Maybe they weren’t original enough.
也许是过于新颖
Maybe they were too original.
总之我知道的就是 他们卖♥♥不出去…
All I know is, they didn’t sell.

Yeah?
-你是约瑟夫·C·吉里斯 -没错
– Joseph C. Gillis? – That’s right.
我们是为了车的事儿来的
We’ve come for the car.
什么车
What car?
1946年普利茅斯可换型
1946 Plymouth convertible,
加州牌照40-R-116
California license 40-R-116.
钥匙在哪儿
Where are the keys?
凭什么我要给你钥匙
Why should I give you the keys?
因为公♥司♥已经跟你浪费了够多的时间啦
Because the company’s played ball long enough…
因为你已经拖了三笔账了
because you’re three payments behind,
而且我们还有法♥院♥的执行令
and because we got a court order.
好啦 别废话啦 钥匙
Now, come on. The keys.
或者你想我们给你把车拖走
Or do you want us to jack it up and haul it away?
嘿 小伙子们 放松 放松 车不在这儿
Relax, fans. The car isn’t here.
真的吗
Oh, is that so?
我借给一个朋友 他开着去棕榈泉了
I loaned it to a friend. He took it down to Palm Springs.
我想是因为健康原因
Had to get away for his health, I suppose.
如果你们不信 尽管去车♥库♥看看吧
If you don’t believe me, look in the garage.
当然当然 我们相信你 我们只是想让你相信我们
Sure, sure, we believe you. Only now we want you to believe us!
那辆车明天最好能回来 否则你就要有麻烦啦
That car better be here tomorrow or there’s gonna be fireworks.
-你可真够搞笑的 -哈
– You say the cutest things. – Ha.
那么 现在我需要290块钱
Well, I needed about $ 290…
并且是马上就要 否则我就该跟我的车说再见啦
and I needed it real quick, or I’d lose my car.
车不在棕榈泉 也不在车♥库♥里
It wasn’t in Palm Springs, and it wasn’t in the garage.
我比财务公♥司♥先行一步
I was way ahead of the finance company.
我知道他们会来的 到那时候我可就没机会了
I knew they’d be coming around, and I wasn’t taking any chances.
所以我把车存在了几个街区远的一个停车场
So I kept it across the street in a lot
鲁迪的”擦鞋厅”的后面
behind Rudy’s Shoeshine Parlor.
鲁迪是从来不会问你问题的
Rudy never asked any questions about your finances.
他只需要看一下你的鞋就知道该干什么啦
He’d just look at your heels and know the score.
我有一个被派拉蒙公♥司♥打回的故事
I had an original story kicking around Paramount.
我的代理告诉我 那个故事是一点希望都没有的
My agent told me it was dead as a doornail.
但是我知道幸运女神总是喜欢照顾我
But I knew a big shot over there who’d always liked me.
是时候该利用一下那个故事啦
The time had come to take a little advantage of it.
他的名字叫夏德里克
His name was Sheldrake.
他是一个聪明的制片人 一堆溃疡可以证明这一点
He was a smart producer with a set of ulcers to prove it.
好吧 吉里斯 你有5分钟
All right, Gillis, you’ve got five minutes.
你的故事是什么
What’s your story about?
故事是关于一个棒球手的
It’s about a baseball player,
一个打出347个全垒打的游击手
a rookie shortstop batting.347.
-嗯 -这个可怜的孩子出了点麻烦
– Uh-huh. – Poor kid was mixed up in a holdup.
他努力地想继续进步
But he’s trying to go straight.
可是一群赌徒想阻止他
Except some gamblers won’t let him.
然后这帮家伙告诉这个孩子
So they tell the kid
放弃世界锦标赛对吗
he’s got to throw the World Series or else, huh?
或许吧 除了结尾
More or less, except for the end.
我有个极棒的包袱放在最后
I’ve got a gimmick that’s real good.
你有题目了吗
Uh-huh. You got a title?
就叫”整装待发”我有份40页的摘要
Bases Loaded. There’s a 40-page outline.
问问读者部
Call Readers Department.
看看他们有什么 关于”整装待发”的东西
Find out what they have on Bases Loaded.
这个题材在20年代很热门
They’re pretty hot about it over at Twentieth,
但是扎努克完全搞错了
except Zanuck’s all wet.
你能把蒂帕罗看作一个游击手吗
Can you see Ty Power as a shortstop?
你找到这个领域内最合适的人选啦 阿伦·拉德
You’ve got the best man for it right here on this lot. Alan Ladd.
对拉德来说是个不错的改变
Be a good change of pace for Ladd.
另外 那也很容易做到
Another thing, it’s simple to shoot.
许多户外工作 你可以把总成本控制在一百万以内
Lots of outdoor stuff. You could make it all for under a million.
请原谅
Excuse me.
对比尔·迪马里斯特来说是很棒的一部分
A great part for Bill Demarest…
一个训练者 一个被认为没什么用的老选手
a trainer, an old-time player who got beaned,
已经疯了
goes out of his head.
你好 夏德里克先生
Hello, Mr. Sheldrake.
关于那个”整装待发”我做了一份2页的大纲
On that Bases Loaded, I covered it with a two-page synopsis.
-谢谢 -要是我就不费那个事
– Thank you. – But I wouldn’t bother.
-为什么 -一个关于欲望的故事
– What’s wrong with it? – It’s from hunger.
跟拉德无关
Nothing for Ladd?
不过是老调重弹罢了
It’s just a rehash of something
而且开头也不好
that wasn’t very good to begin with.
我想你会乐于认识吉里斯先生的 他写了那个剧本
I’m sure you’ll be glad to meet Mr. Gillis. He wrote it.
这是克莱默小姐
This is Miss Kramer.
斯凯弗 贝蒂·斯凯弗
The name is Schaefer. Betty Schaefer.
现在我只想找个在地上挖个洞藏起来
Right now I wish I could crawl in a hole and pull it in after me.
我倒是可以帮忙…
If I could be of any help…
非常抱歉 吉里斯先生
Oh, I’m sorry, Mr. Gillis,
可是我真的认为故事不怎么样
but I just didn’t think it was any good.
平淡而乏味
I found it flat and trite.
那么你觉得谁的东西好呢
Exactly what kind of material do you recommend?
詹姆斯·乔伊斯 还是陀思妥耶夫斯基
James Joyce? Dostoyevsky?
我只是认为电影应该能告诉人们一些东西
I just think that pictures should say a little something.
又是一个想传递讯息的孩子
Oh, one of the message kids.
光是一个故事做不到这个
Just a story won’t do.
那样的话你连”飘”都得拒之门外
You’d have turned down Gone With the Wind.
不 那是我才对
No, that was me.
我说过 谁愿意看内战的电影呢
I said, “Who wants to see a Civil War picture?”
可能我讨厌这个故事是因为
Perhaps I hated it
我经常听人说你很有天分
because I’d always heard you had talent.
那是去年的事儿啦 今年我在忙着辛辛苦苦地谋生
That was last year. This year I’m trying to earn a living.
所以您把他写得这么平淡 老套…
So you take plot 27-A, make it glossy, make it slick…
小心 那些可不是什么好词儿
Those are dirty words.
你听起来就像纽约那些评论家似的
You sound like New York critics.
就到这儿吧 克莱默小姐
That’s all, Miss Kramer… Schaefer.
再见 吉里斯先生
Good-bye, Mr. Gillis.
再见 下回我会写”裸体与死亡”的
Next time I’ll write you The Naked and the Dead.
嗯 看起来好像扎努克 已经拍了部棒球题材的了
Well, it seems like Zanuck has got himself a baseball picture.
夏德里克先生
I don’t want you to think
希望你不要认为我想靠这个拿奥斯卡奖
I thought this would win any Academy Award.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!