诺玛·德斯蒙德
Norma Desmond!
乔恩西 嘿 乔恩西
Jonesy! Hey, Jonesy!

Yeah?
天 这不是德斯蒙德小姐嘛
Why, if it isn’t Miss Desmond!
您怎么样 德斯蒙德小姐
How have you been, Miss Desmond?
打开门
Open the gate.
当然 德斯蒙德小姐 走吧 马克
Sure, Miss Desmond. Come on, Mac.
没有通行证他们不能开进去
They can’t drive on the lot without a pass.
德斯蒙德小姐就可以 走吧
Miss Desmond can. Come on.
德米利先生在那里拍戏
Where’s Mr. DeMille shooting?
18号♥摄影棚 德斯蒙德小姐
Stage 18, Miss Desmond.
谢谢 乔恩西
Thank you, Jonesy.
教你的朋友学学礼貌
And teach your friend some manners.
没有我 他找不到任何工作
Without me he wouldn’t have any job…
因为没有我 就不会有派拉蒙公♥司♥
because without me there wouldn’t be any Paramount studio.
您说的对 德斯蒙德小姐
You’re right, Miss Desmond.
走吧 马♥克♥思♥
Go on, Max.
18号♥台
Stage 18.
通知亨利·韦尔科克斯顿
All right, notify Henry Wilcoxon.
等一下 把那个东西展开我看看
Just clear a minute. Spread that thing out so I can see it.
安静地回去待着
Keep quiet back there.
诺玛·德斯蒙德来探访德米利先生
Norma Desmond’s coming in to see Mr. DeMille.
谁来用光打一下
Hit that with a light, somebody,
我要看看那边的海角
so I can get a look at that cape.
再往后一点
Back up a little bit.
士兵 让开路 你的人都在后面
Soldier, get out of the way. You fellows in the back there.
诺玛·德斯蒙德来探访德米利先生
Norma Desmond’s coming in to see Mr. DeMille.
诺玛·德斯蒙德
Norma Desmond?
等一下
Wait a minute.
亨利·韦尔科克斯顿 放下你的剑 提起那个窗帘
Henry Wilcoxon, draw your sword and raise that drape with it.
萨姆森一无所知地靠在那里
Samson’s lying unconscious over here.
诺玛·德斯蒙德来探望您啦 德米利先生
Norma Desmond is coming in to see you, Mr. DeMille.
-诺玛·德斯蒙德 -她都有上百万岁了吧
– Norma Desmond? – She must be a million years old.
我讨厌待的那个地方
I hate to think where that puts me.
-我都能当她爸了 -很遗憾 德米利先生
– I could be her father. – I’m very sorry, Mr. DeMille.
一定是为了她那个烂剧本来的
It must be about that awful script of hers.
我要怎么跟她说呀
What can I tell her? What can I say?
我可以说您在放映室脱不开身
I’ll say you’re tied up in the projection room.
打发她走就是了
I’ll give her the brush.
三百万影迷已经打发她走啦 那还不够吗
Thirty million fans have given her the brush. Isn’t that enough?
-我不是那个意思 -当然你不是那个意思
– I didn’t mean to… – No, of course you didn’t.
你不知道诺玛·德斯蒙德
You didn’t know Norma Desmond
还是一个17岁的可爱女孩儿的时候是什么样子
as a lovely little girl of 17…
比以前的任何少年都具备…
with more courage and wit and heart…
更多的勇气和智慧
than ever came together in one youngster.
我只知道跟她一起工作是种痛苦
I understand she was a terror to work with.
只是想早点结束
Only toward the end.
你也知道 过度的工作…
You know, a dozen press agents working overtime…
会给人的精神造成多大的伤害
can do terrible things to the human spirit.
先等一下
Hold everything.
-你不想来吗 -不想
– Don’t you want to come along? – I don’t think so.
你的剧本 你的戏 祝你好运
It’s your script, it’s your show. Good luck.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, dearest.
你好 年轻人
Well, hello, young fella.
-你好 德米利先生 -很高兴见到你
– Hello, Mr. DeMille. – It’s good to see you.
记得上次我见你 是在一个充满快乐的地方
The last time I saw you was someplace very gay.
我记得还跟你打招呼了 当时我正在桌子上跳舞
I remember waving to you. I was dancing on a table.
当时有很多人 林德伯格刚刚登陆巴黎
A lot of people were. Lindbergh had just landed in Paris.
进来
Come on in.
诺玛 不能亲自给你打电♥话♥我很抱歉
Norma, I must apologize for not calling you.
你应该打的 我很生气
You’d better. I’m very angry.
你也看到了 我忙得要死
Well, you can see I’m terribly busy.
那不能当借口 你应该读过剧本了吧
That’s no excuse. You read the script, of course.
读了
Yes, I did.
那么你就该亲自挂电♥话♥
Then you could’ve picked up the telephone yourself…
而不是让你的一个助手来打
instead of leaving it to one of your assistants.
-什么助手 -别耍花招啦
– What assistant? – Now, don’t play innocent.
一个叫戈登·科尔的人
Somebody named Gordon Cole.
戈登·科尔
Gordon Cole?
如果你不是对那个剧本非常地感兴趣
And if you hadn’t been pretty darn interested in that script…
他就不会急着找我找了十次啦
he wouldn’t have tried to get me on the telephone ten times.
戈登·科尔
Gordon Cole.
诺玛 我正在排演
Norma, I’m in the middle of a rehearsal.
你先在这里坐坐 不用客气
Why don’t you sit here in my chair and make yourself comfortable.
-谢谢 -很荣幸
– Thank you. – That’s a girl.
我马上就回来
I won’t be a moment.
给我电♥话♥
Bring me a telephone…
给我找戈登·科尔
and get me Gordon Cole.
嗨 德斯蒙德小姐
Hey! Miss Desmond!
是我 泡泡眼儿
It’s me! It’s Hog-Eye!
你好 泡泡眼儿
Hello, Hog-Eye.
让我好好看看你
Let’s get a good look at you.
瞧 那是诺玛·德斯蒙德
Look. There’s Norma Desmond.
诺玛·德斯蒙德
Norma Desmond!
-诺玛·德斯蒙德 -我还以为她已经死了呢
– Norma Desmond! – Why, I thought she was dead.
见到你简直太棒了
How nice to see you.
欢迎归来 德斯蒙德小姐 你还记得我吧
Welcome home, Miss Desmond. You remember me, don’t you?
-她看起来挺不错的呀 -你好 贝茜
– Doesn’t she look wonderful? – Hello, Bessy.
韦尔科克斯顿先生 你碰到德斯蒙德小姐了吗
Mr. Wilcoxon, have you met Miss Desmond?
十分荣幸
It’s a great pleasure.
戈登 我是德米利
Gordon, this is C.B. DeMille.
你给诺玛·德斯蒙德打过电♥话♥吗
Have you been calling Norma Desmond?
是的 德米利先生
Yes, Mr. DeMille.
那辆车是他的 那辆老式伊索塔-弗拉契尼
It’s that car of hers, an old Isotta-Fraschini.
前几天他的司机在这里开来着
Her chauffeur drove it on the lot the other day.
看起来正好适合克罗斯比那场戏
It looks just right for the Crosby picture.
我们想租一下
We want to rent it.
明白了
Oh, I see.
嗯…
Well…
非常感谢
thank you very much.
泡泡眼儿…
Hog-Eye…
把灯光打回来
turn that light back where it belongs.
我找了戈登·科尔了
I got hold of Gordon Cole.
你看到他们了吗
Did you see them? Did you see how they came?
你知道 诺玛
You know,
这个行业里每天都会发生些令人发疯的事情
some crazy things happen in this business, Norma.
我希望你还没有失去你的幽默感
I hope you haven’t lost your sense of humor.
怎么啦 亲爱的
What’s the matter, dear?
没事
Nothing.
我只是想象不到
I just didn’t realize
重回摄影棚是什么感觉
what it would be like to come back to the studio.
我不知道该说什么 太令人怀念了
I had no idea how much I missed it.
我们一直很想你 亲爱的
We’ve missed you too, dear.
我们还会一起工作的 对吗 头儿
We’ll work again, won’t we, Chief?
我们会继续拍出最棒的片子
We’ll make our greatest picture.
那就是我为什么要跟你谈谈
That’s why I want to talk to you.
剧本不错 对吗
It’s a good script, isn’t it?
嗯 的确里面有些精彩的地方
Well, it has some good things in it, yes.
但是拍戏的话成本就太高了
But it’d be a very expensive picture.
我不在乎钱 我只想重新开始工作
I don’t care about the money. I just want to work again.
你不知道当我知道你需要我 这对我意味着什么
You don’t know what it means to know that you want me.
没有什么能让我更高兴的啦 诺玛 如果…
Nothing would please me more, Norma, if…
如果可能的话
if it were possible.
记住 上午10点前我不会开工的
And remember, I don’t work before 10:00 in the morning…
下午4点半以后也不行
and never after 4:30 in the afternoon.
我们准备开拍了 德米利先生
We’re ready for the shot, Mr. DeMille.
知道了
All right.
诺玛 先坐下来看一会儿吧
Norma, why don’t you just sit here and watch.
你晓得 电影和以前已经有很大的不同了
You know, pictures have changed quite a bit.
好吧 走吧
All right, let’s go.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!