“Hey, look,” you know “Piers, this is Lisa.” And, dah dah dah …
就是这样耶,就是这样。我们就是…
And that was it, that was it. We just…
我们花了一整晚在聊风力发电机。
and spent the whole evening talking about wind turbines.
Piers在非洲、美洲、英国开♥发♥风力发电厂已经超过15年。
Piers has been developing wind farms in Africa, America, and Britain for over 15 years.
但他知道在急需重整的西方世界中,
But he knows that they only help slow the climate crisis
他对于减缓全球暖化贡献,只佔了其中一小部分。
as a small part of a total reordering of western society.
还是有人觉得我们必须找到那麽一个解决法,
And there still is an idea that somehow we have to find the solution,
致胜的方式。
you know, the silver bullet.
不会有单一一种再生能源会是最终的解答,绝对不会。
No single renewable source is going to be the solution, absolutely not.
Piers也没去想太多其它的选择,
And Piers doesn’t think much of the other option,
在此同时,大多数的人只是用手指比个十字架,
whereby everyone crosses their fingers
并希望某个奇迹科技会及时出现。
and hopes that the miracle technology will be invented in time.
我不是说我们不应该开♥发♥其它东西,我们当然需要。
I’m not saying we shouldn’t be developing other stuff, absolutely, we should be.
我们应该要尽我们所能。
We should be throwing everything after it.
但你要善用现在所拥有的。
But, you’ve got to make use of what’s available now.
在英国,我们有很好的风力资源,
And in the UK, we’ve got a great wind resource,
我们就应该要咬紧牙关,努力达成目标。
and we just got to bite the bullet and go for it.
Piers提案在英国中部的Bedfordshire的Airfield Farm兴建一座风力发电厂。
Piers has purposed a new wind farm as airfield farm at Airfield Farm in Bedfordshire, central England.
他可以在一年之类建造15作风力发电机供应130万瓦的电力。
He could have 15 turbines installed and generating 13 megawatts of electricity within a year.
抗♥议♥气球已经缓缓升空了,在此同时,让我介绍一下我们身在何处。
Well, the process balloon is now going up, but while that’s happening, I’ll just explain where we are.
这裡是二次世界大战轰炸机的基地…电♥话♥…****
This is the site of an old world war two bomber base… Phone…****
全部把大拇指比向下吧。
We all have our thumb down as well.
针对英国的调查显示,70%~80%的人支持风力发电厂的概念。
UK-wise surveys point to about 70 ~ 80% in favor of wind farm as a concept.
困难的是,当在你家门口就有一座的话,
The difficulty is when you got one on your own doorstep,
就会生一种”只要不在我家就好”的病。
and then there is the sort of “not-in-my-backyard” syndrome.
Jim,是甚麽问题?
Jim, what’s the problem?
问题真的是,这裡真的是英国风最小的一个地方。
The problem really is that this is one of the least windy sites in the country.
我希望明天不要风太大,不然它可能会缠绕在教堂上。
I hope it’s not gonna get too windy tomorrow, and it wraps itself around the church.
恩…,我住在Coddington,而我们将会被这些很高的苔藓包围。
Well, I live in Coddington, and we’re going to be absolutely surrounded by these high moss.
他们会妨碍风景。
They’re going to obliterate the view.
通常到最后关头,风力电站要克服的都是审美学,你要知道。
What it normally always comes down to with wind farms is the aesthetics, you know.
所有的大小争议集结起来都是为了要对付这个终极的目标,
Everything else is basically put together to try and back up the ultimate thing,
而终极的目标就是,不能让它们遮碍景观。
the ultimate thing is they don’t want to spoil their view.
但我也有点担心那轻微的噪音。
But I’m bit concern about the low level noise as well.
这个风力发电厂紧邻于世界知名的直线加速赛车场SantaPod。
The wind farm site is right next to world famous Santa Pod drag-racing strip.
你问每一个人,没有人会反对风力能源,这是重点。
Anybody you ask it, nobody’s against wind energy, that’s the point,
主要是反对不恰当使用风力能源。
It’s against inappropriate wind energy use.
太催眠了,当你一个人开车,看到这些风车在转动,
Hypnotic, you’re driving alone, and you tend to saw this sails revolving,
会没办法专心开车。
and you’re not concentrating on the driving.
Ernie Braddock会因为有风力发电机设置在他的农场而得到利益,
Eurney Braddock will benefit financially having turbine on his farm,
但他跟邻居Victoria Reeves起了一点纷争。
but now he’s in conflict with his neighbor, Victoria Reeves.
每个人都对此都很不爽,我们的地♥产♥将会贬值,
Well, everyone is very unhappy about it, we’re gonna lose the value of our properties,
我们也没办法好好睡觉,它会造成改变。你根本就不明白,相信我。
we are not going to be able to sleep, it will make a difference, Eurney you have no idea, believe me.
根据Victoria的说法,
According to Victoria,
他们制止在苏格兰的另外一块他们的地♥产♥上建造风力发电厂。
they stop to wind farm up in Scotland on the other estate in Scotland.
在90年代中期这是一个大胜利。
Back in the mid-90’s that was a great victory.
“你不能依靠风力,它只能提供…”, “它是附加的…”
“It can’t rely on the wind, it can only deliver… “, “It’s an additive.”
“附加的?你的意思是额外的吗?对,他是额外的。”, “这麽说吧,他是个经济资源。”
“Additive? Do you mean additional? Yes, it is additional.”, “It’s a economics resources, put it that way. ”
“不,Ernie,它不是。”, “它是呀,它是呀。”, “它跟那个无关,相信我。”
“No, Eurney, it doesn’t. It’s got to, it’s got to. It does nothing of the sort, believe me. ”
这是一个情感上的投票,主要是来自恐惧,
坦白讲都是基于一堆废话(骂人)。
It’s an emotional campaign, it’s about fear, mostly based on complete BS, frankly.
不过算了,事实胜于雄辩。
But never mind, facts are not a problem, you know.
“这是一个公平的投票,我希望你输。”, “好吧。”
“It’s a fair fight, and I hope you lose.”, “Alright.”
现在是2005年的8月,就在孟买♥♥最严重的水灾刚过不久,
This is august 2005, just after Mumbai’s worst ever floods.
离Jeh的公♥司♥的第一个航♥班♥只剩几个月。
And a couple of months before Jeh’s first flight.
让爸爸看一下你怎麽骑的,给爸爸看你可以骑多快。
Show daddy how good you ride this, show daddy how fast you can go, come on.
喔…不要再按了,他是用电池的。
Wooo… No more pushing, it’s battery operated.
“我也没办法解决”, “嘿,爷爷耶”
“So, I can’t finish either.” “Hey, grandpa…”
Jeh是印度商业界最有钱最有权威的家族的后代。
Jeh is descended from one of India’s richest, and most powerful business dynasties.
他们从18世纪的造船业到21世纪互联网,都是最早抢佔市场的。
They pioneered everything from ship building from the 18 centuries to internet services in the 21st.
他生长环境的特权带给他廉价航♥空♥这个想法。
And around about way, his privileged up bringing sparked the idea for the low cost airline.
你想要我做甚麽?我要去机场了。
What do you want me to do? I’m going to the airport.
我的成长的过程,特别是年轻的时候,
Throughout basically my life, at young age,
我都会和一大堆佣人的孩子们混在一起。你知道,就之类的。
I mean, I used to hang out with tons of, you know, servants’ kids. You know, that sort of stuff.
当你回家的时候,突然会想,
You know, and when you go home,you say…, you suddenly think,
为什麽我拥有这麽多,而他们却甚麽都没有。
why do I have so much, and these guys have nothing.
而那造成了…不停的累积累积…
And that sort of…, and that constantly… adding up.
每个人在世上都有一个目标。
You know, everyone is here for a purpose.
而你应该要去瞭解你的最高目标是甚麽,进一步的去实现它。
The idea is to realize what your higher purpose is, and then realize how you gonna fulfill it.
最终我瞭解到了我的目标是甚麽,
And eventually I realize what my higher purpose was,
就是我想要斩除贫穷。
it was to insure that I eradicated poverty.
Jeh志愿在一个帮助村民远裡穷困的慈善机构贡献己力。
Jeh volunteers at the charity which helps villagers lift themselves out of poverty.
但就算动用了私人飞机、吉普车,
But even by private jet and jeep,
都还是一趟5个小时,900公里的旅程。
it’s a 5 hour, 900 kilometers journey.
僱用私人飞机的花费跟花在村庄的费用一样多,
Hiring a private jet is basically in terms of costs as much as the village does,
你知道,把村庄从平均以下拉到平均之上。
you know, take a village from below the poverty and put it above the poverty.
所以也算是达成目标了。
So effectively, in terms of it defeats the purpose.
所以我想说,试试看火车吧,从孟买♥♥需花大约26个小时,
And therefore I decided to, you know.. try the trains, from Bombay takes about 26 hours.
我对自己说,”哇,太夸张了”,
I said to myself, “wow, this is incredible.”
人们可是付了不少钱,居然还要忍♥受这种垃圾般的东西。
You know, people pay good money and still have to basically put with this rubbish.
印度每天有一千五百万人次搭乘火车。
15 million people travel by trains in India every single day.
Jeh的梦想就是让他们离开火车,翱翔天际。
Jeh’s dream is to get them all off the trains and into the skies.
我们现在不是处于战争。这并不是战争。
We’re not at war at the moment. It’s not a war.
但如果人们真的可以正确的瞭解当今到底发生了甚麽,
But people actually recognize that full implications of what’s in store for us,
那他们就会把它当作战争了。
they would be treating it like a war.
如果有任何人把Airfield Farm当作例子,
If anybody takes Airfield Farm for example,
我的意思是这裡之前就是空军基地,
I mean that was the year it was airbase,
有人从这裡起飞就再也没活著回来。
people flew out there and died.
当然那是当时重大的事情,全球的问题,才让大家赴汤蹈火。
Or of course, which was massive at the time, the global problem, and we have ourselves out.
真正的全球问题就需要这种程度的牺牲奉献。
A real global problem that needs that kind of level of commitment.
要检视的话,有许多许多其它的工业应该要被排在航♥空♥业前面。
There are many, many other industries that need to be looked in to first, before aviation.
当然选定一个行业当作目标批评也没什麽不对,
it’s not questionable choosing one industry to target,
但毕竟,最终我们每个人都应该为排放温室气体负责,
in ultimate deal, we all contribute to to to greenhouse gases,
都应该要为我们当前地球的危机负责。
we all contribute to the crisis that we have today with the planet.
所以,照这麽讲,你知道…
So ultimately, in terms of, you know…
让我们的星球安全,健康是每一个人的责任,任务。
insuring our planet is safe and healthy is each one’s job, task.
不管你是怎麽作的,例如少用一点卫生纸,
Whether you do it in your own way by using less tissue paper,
少用一点纸,就少一点树被砍伐,买♥♥环保车或少搭飞机。
using less papers, less trees cut, buying green cars or not flying.
很明显的,如果你不去做,需求就下降,
Obviously, if you’re not doing it, and the demand goes down,
需求下降,供应就减少。
the demand goes down, the supply goes down.
生活就是需求和供给,或是供给与需求。
Life is about demand and supply, or supply and demand.

我们现在没办法捕到这麽多鱼了。
所以我决定从事另外一个行业。
就是柴油交易。
如此才能快速筹到我上大学的经费。
现在,因为石油稀少,
大部分的加油站,
都关门大吉了,
因为没油可卖♥♥了。
所以人们转而向黑市购买♥♥。
来这裡买♥♥柴油。
我每星期三会去买♥♥柴油。
我将柴油转卖♥♥给Rebecca太太。
她再卖♥♥给他的客户。
我不想知道他们是谁。
我只知道她将石油再卖♥♥给客户。
这样压力很大。
但因为有比较大的利益,
相较于捕鱼。
好奇怪。看到这些影片片段。
Strange. Watching this film fragment.
像透过望远镜,观察在遥远海滩的人们。
Like looking through binoculars, observing people of far of beach.
他们不停的在一个圈子裡追逐,对脚下踩的沙地继续迷恋著,
Running around in circle, fixated on the small area of sand under their feet.
就算海啸将要席捲而来。
As a tsunami races toward the shore.
Alvin,经过在石油公♥司♥工作三十年,他才刚开始过退休生涯。
Here’s Alvin. He’s just taken early retirement after thirty years on the oil industry salary.
他计划利用晚年岁月享受大自然。
And he’s planning to spend his later years outside enjoying nature.
喔,我当然是生态学家,跟一个环保人士
Oh, certainly I’m ecologist, and an environmentalist.
我觉得没有什麽问题
I really don’t have a problem squaring that…
为石油公♥司♥工作让我觉得…
Working for an oil company that I feel… has…
我做得很不错,并且也对环境有益。
done a pretty good job and in being environmentally friendly.
我开始在石油产业工作时,大约是70年代中期,
When I started working in the oil industries, about the mid 70’s,
做为一个大学毕业的科学家,这是一条康庄大道。
it was clear path for me, as a scientist coming up college
我不大清楚石油产业内部的详细状况,那些利或弊之类的。
And I didn’t know the detail of what goes on in the oil industry, the goods and the bad.
但每个产业的确都有那些, 利或弊。
But indeed every industry has that, goods and bad.
知道了这些事情的话,我还会再做吗? 我当然会再做。
Would I do it again, knowing what I know now, of course I would do it again,
我的意思是,你必须要工作,一定需要做些事情。
I mean, you need to work, you need to do something
如果Airfield的风力发电厂继续进行的话,
当地民众会去把它毁了。
它会被摧毁的。
他将没办法提共任何电力。
瞭解吗?
会有直接的行动来制止它的,
瞭解吗?
这样你应该会知难而退了吧,
对吧?
我们有一个团体可以确保

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!