Man’s voice: My name is Lance clayton.
我的名字叫兰斯·克莱顿
My biggest fear in life is that I’m going to end up all alone.
我一生中最大的恐惧就是孤独终老
I’m a writer.
我是一名作家
I’m a writer, but so far nothing I’ve written
我是作家 可目前我写的东西
has ever been published.
还未曾发表过
Ernest Hemingway once said
欧内斯特·海明威曾说过
all he wanted to do was write one true sentence.
他想写的不过是一句真话
He also tried to scratch an itch on the back of his head
他还曾用猎枪在头后
with a shotgun.
挠痒痒
– (game-show music playing) – (applause)
I’ve always dreamed of being a famous author,
我一直梦想成为一位知名作家
of creating an important work…
创作一部巨作
? Ooh la la la la la la la ?
喔啦啦啦啦啦啦啦
? La la la la la la ?
啦啦啦啦啦啦
? Saa la la la la la la la… ?
莎啦啦啦啦啦啦啦
…something that connected with people and helped them
不仅能在人们面临不幸时
as they suffered through the human condition…
同他们交流并帮助他们
? Ooh la la la… ?
喔啦啦啦
…also something that made a shitload of cash.
同时还能赚一大笔钱
(slot machine dinging, coins dropping)
(champagne cork pops)
? Ooh la la la la la… ?
啦啦啦啦啦
(coins dropping)
I’ve written novels, books, magazine articles,
我写过小说 书 杂♥志♥文章
and even children’s stories.
甚至儿童故事
– All have been rejected. – (printer humming)
全都被退回了
I did sell a few greeting cards once, though.
但我也卖♥♥过一些贺年卡
It felt pretty good.
感觉挺不错
I don’t find the creative process
我没发现创作过程
in itself rewarding enough.
本身有足够的回报
I have to be honest… I want to reach an audience.
我得承认 我想要有读者
This is my fifth novel.
这是我的第五部小说
I’ve promised myself that if this one is rejected,
我对自己许诺要是这部被退回
I’ll give up writing.
我就放弃写作
冠军老爹(世界上最好的父亲)
– (knocks) – Come on, boy, we’re late.
孩子 快点 要迟到了
Hey, buddy, l…
嘿 老兄 我
Kyle?
凯尔
Oh, fuc… what the fuck?
噢 天 你在搞什么
– God! Kyle? – D-Dad?
-天啊 凯尔 -爸
– What are you doing? – What are you doing?
-你在干嘛 -你想干嘛
– God, I was coming, you fag! – Jesus christ.
-天 我快高♥潮♥了 基佬 -我的天
– I thought you were dead. – Do you knock? Please!
-我以为你死了 -你不会敲门啊 拜托
I knocked. Okay, yep.
我敲了 好吧
– Out! – God, l…
-出去 -老天 我
– Get out of my room! – I’m out. I’m going.
-滚出我的房♥间 -我现在就出去
– I’m out of here. – You ever heard of privacy?
-我走好了 -没听说过什么是隐私吗
– You freak! – Yeah, I’m the weird one.
-怪胎 -好吧 我就是个古怪的人
Yeah. Oh, God.
我的天啊
(sighs) What the fuck?
搞什么鬼
(rock music playing)
Dad?


– Dad! – Oh, yeah. Right.
-爸 -噢 右转
Radio: ? What do you do? Where do you go? ?
你要做什么 你想去哪儿
(turns off)
You were up early.
你起早了
– You’re not funny. – Okay.
-一点也不好笑 -好吧
What a Monday.
又是星期一啊
? Somewhere else… ?
在别处
Why are we listening to this?
为什么我们要听这个
‘Cause I like Bruce Hornsby.
因为我喜欢布鲁斯·豪恩斯比
(turns off)
Stop it.
别动了
Bruce Hornsby is a fag.
布鲁斯·豪恩斯比是同性恋
– He’s got kids, Kyle. – You have a kid.
他有小孩的 凯尔
– Mmm. – And you’re a fag.
-你有小孩 -嗯
– Why? Because I like Bruce Hornsby? – Yeah.
你也是同性恋
为什么 因为我喜欢布鲁斯·豪恩斯比吗
Well, put on some music you like. Okay?
-是啊 -那放你喜欢的音乐吧
No, I fucking hate music.
不要 我讨厌死音乐了
– You hate music? – Yeah.
-你讨厌音乐 -是的
– All music? – Yes.
-所有音乐 -是的
The only thing queerer than music are the people who like it.
唯一比音乐更娘的就是喜欢音乐的人
All music is gay now? What about heavy metal?
音乐都是娘娘腔 重金属音乐呢
That’s probably the faggiest of all the fag music out there.
那可能是所有同志歌♥曲里最娘的一种了
Kyle, you could have died this morning.
凯尔 你今早差点丧命
Well… of embarrassment.
呃 尴尬而死
What you’re doing is dangerous.
你的行为很危险
What? Beating off?
什么 打枪吗
No no… not… we all have needs, Kyle.
不是不是 我们都有需要 凯尔
Needs? What… what are you talking about?
需要 你在说什么
Masturbation is natural, okay?
手♥淫♥是很正常的 知道吗
– You know what’s not natural? – What?
-你知道什么不正常吗 -什么
Talking about jerking off with your dad. That’s not natural.
和自己的爸爸谈论手♥淫♥ 一点也不正常
– Shit. – Don’t do that, please, okay?
-妈的 -不要把脚放上来
– Why? – Because your feet are dirty.
-为什么 -因为你脚脏
Because I said so.
因为是我叫你放下
(sighs)
– Whoa, let me out here. – Let me park in the lot.
-让我在这下车 -等我找个停车位
Lance, I’m gonna look like a dillweed walking in with you, all right?
兰斯 和你一起走进去让我
It’s bad for my rep.
像个傻瓜 知道吗
败坏我名声
Don’t call me Lance.
不要叫我兰斯
It’s your name, isn’t it? Lance?
这是你的名字 不是吗 兰斯
? What do you do? Where do you go? ?
你要做什么 你想去哪儿
? What do you say? ?
你要说什么
? And how do you know? ?
你又如何知道
? I’ll say who cares ?
我会说管它呢
? When people stare ?
当人们注视我时
? I will make myself invisible ?
我会让自己隐形
? Yes, I will, yes, I will ?
是的 我会 是的 我会
? Mm-hmm ?
? Mm-hmm hmm… ?
Slow down, boys.
慢点 小子
? When I feel like a freak… ?
当我觉得自己是个怪人
‘Morning.
早上好
? When I’m on the other end of someone’s mean streak ?
当我站在人们刻薄无礼的另一端时
? People make fun, I’ve got to lose myself… ?
人们相互取笑 我已迷失自我
Danny.
丹尼
? Take my thin skin and move it somewhere else ?
带着我脆弱的保护膜迁移到某处
? I’m setting myself up for the future ?
我为自己建好了未来
? Looking for the chance that something good might lie ahead ?
寻找能带来好运的机会
? I guess I’m looking for the possibilities ?
我想我在寻找可能性
? And in my mind ?
在我心里
? I’ve got this skin I can shed… ?
我已成长我可以蜕变
? What do you do? ?
你在做什么
? Where do you go? ?
你想去哪儿
– Good morning, Lance. – ‘Morning Principal Anderson.
-早上好 兰斯 -早上好 安德森校长
– What was that? – Oh, personal mail,
-那是什么 -噢 个人信件
but I used my own postage.
我是自付邮费的
– Mmm. Good. – Right.
-嗯 不错 -是的
May I speak with you for a moment?
可以和你说几句话吗
Sure.
当然
Your poetry course…
你的诗歌♥课
it’s not very popular.
不是很受欢迎
– Neither is poetry, sir. – Mmm.
-那不是诗歌♥课 先生 -噢
But the few who take it, they get a lot out of it.
但上这课的少数人会从中学到很多东西
Yes yes, I’m sure they do.
对 对 我肯定他们会的
But I am sorry… if your class enrollment
但是我很抱歉 如果报你课的
doesn’t improve by next semester, we’re going to have to drop it.
人数下学期没有增多
We’re only budgeted for one English elective,
我们就要取消了
我们的预算只够一门英语选修课程
and Mike Lane’s creative-writing course is quite the hit.
而且麦克·兰斯的创新写作课很受欢迎
I just wanted to give you a heads up.
我只是想提醒一下你
Well, thank you, sir.
谢谢您 先生
(jazz playing)
– Hey, what’s going on, Mr. L? – Hey, how you doin’, man?
嘿 最近如何 L先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!