哦 你告诉了吗
Well, have you?
她已经在一家医院里工作了两年了
She’s worked two years in a hospital.
她比你和我知道的还要多
She knows more than you or I ever will.
来支烟吗
Cigarette?
-你忘了吗 我不抽烟 -对不起
-Have you forgotten, Al? I don’t smoke. -Oh, sorry.
没关系 亲爱的
It’s all right, darling.
-是的 那很可怕 -什么
-It’s frightening. -What is?
年轻
Youth.
你在军队里遇到过年轻人吗
Didn’t you run across any young people in the Army?
-没有 他们全是老人 像我一样 -是的
-No, they were all old men like me. -Yes.
老是很可怕的 不是吗
It’s terrible to be old, isn’t it?
你为什么不坐下来放松一下
Why don’t you sit down and relax?
我站着就很放松了
I’m perfectly relaxed standing up.
这房♥子里有什么酒可以喝的吗
Is there such a thing as a drink in this house?
我找找看
I’ll see.
我们没有爸爸的早餐烤肉
We haven’t got enough bacon for Dad’s breakfast.
我出去的首要事情就是买♥♥点这个
I’ll go out first thing in the morning and get some.
这是我们剩下的所有白酒了吗
Is this all the liquor we have left?
老天 恐怕是的
Gosh, I’m afraid so.
我真希望他今天回来之前 能给我们点警告
I wish he’d given us some warning he was going to get here today.
别担心 妈妈
Don’t worry, Mom.
我是说 那样我们就能 准备点东西了
I mean so that we could have gotten in some supplies of things.
哦 母亲
Mother.
我知道有点困难 但是
I know it’s a little difficult…
那只是因为爸爸是如此为你着迷
…but that’s only because Dad’s so crazy about you.
他离家这么长时间 非常想你
He’s been away so long and missed you so terribly.
他不能就这样走进来 马上获得
He can’t just walk in and immediately pick up the old life as if…
嘿 我有一个好主意
Hey, I got a wonderful idea.
我们去市区 我们三个
Let’s go out on the town, the three of us.
-今晚 -是的 今晚
-Tonight? -Yes, tonight. Right now.
庆祝老军人回家了
We’ll celebrate the old man’s homecoming.
我不去 我要去睡觉了
Not me. I’m going to bed.
不 你也要去 我们三个
No. You too. The three of us.
我想做点事情 看点东西
I wanna do something, see something.
我在沼泽里跟野蛮人 相处时间太久了
And I’ve been in jungles and around savages so long…
我必须重新意识到 自己又回到了文明社会
…I gotta find out I’m back in civilization again.
嘿 鲁珀特 再来一杯
Hey, Rupert, how about another one here?
我告诉你
Well, I’ll tell you…
正如我看到的 我们是这个国家不景气的首要受害者
…as I see it, we’re headed for bad times in this country.
当然 我们在战争时期很吃香
Of course, we’re in the backwash of the war boom now…
但是那股潮流很快就过去了
…but the tide is running out fast.
明年 我们就会看到大范围的
Next year, in my opinion, we’ll see widespread
萧条和失业
depression and unemployment.
哦 抽烟吗
Oh, have a cigar?
不 谢谢 我有我的烟斗
No, thanks. I’ve got my pipe.
侯默 你不是在海军里
Homer? Didn’t you contract
染上了抽烟草的习惯吗
the tobacco habit in the Navy?
只要香烟 喀麦隆先生 谢谢
Just cigarettes, Mr. Cameron. Thanks.
威尔玛告诉我们说你在菲律宾
Wilma tells us you were in the Philippines, Homer.
我在那附近 喀麦隆夫人
Well, I was around there, Mrs. Cameron,
但我什么也没看到
but I never saw anything.
你见过麦克阿瑟将军吗
Did you meet General MacArthur?
没有 我没有见过他
Heh, no, I didn’t get to meet him.
我有火 喀麦隆先生
Uh, I’ve got a light, Mr. Cameron.
不 没关系
No, that’s all right, uh…
有了
…got it.
-卢拉 -什么事 爸爸
-Luella. -Yes, Dad?
我一直以为他是一个非常英俊的人
You know, I’ve always thought he’s such a handsome man, heh.
-谁 -麦克阿瑟将军
-Who? -General MacArthur.
我可以帮你吗 潘瑞诗夫人
May I help you with that, Mrs. Parrish?
不 你坐着好了
No, Wilma, you sit right down.
-要柠檬水吗 喀麦隆夫人 -非常感谢
-Lemonade, Mrs. Cameron? -Thank you very much.
想过找工作吗 侯默
Have you thought anything about getting a job, Homer?
-嗯 我 -父亲
-Well, I… -Oh, Father…
现在就想找工作 对侯默来说太早了
…it’s much too soon for Homer to be thinking about a job.
他刚从医院出来
He’s just out of the hospital.
是的
Yes, I know…
但几个月之后
…but a few months from now,
今天这样的机会就不会再有了
the same opportunities won’t exist that exist today.
你应该考虑一下我的生意 保险
You might think about my business, Homer. Insurance.
我们雇用退伍军人
We’ve taken on a number of veterans.
他们都是很好的销♥售♥
They make good salesmen, you know.
他们忍♥受残疾的痛苦
Men who have suffered from some kind of disability.
找天来我办公室吧 我们好好谈谈
Come down to the office one of these days, we’ll talk it over.
-哦 -对不起 妈妈
-Oh. -I’m sorry, Mom.
没关系 侯默
Oh, that… That’s quite all right, Homer.
地毯一点也没事
It won’t hurt the carpet a bit.
卢拉 去给我拿块抹布来
Luella, you skin out to the kitchen and get me a dishrag.
再给你一个 侯默
There’s another one for you, Homer.
威尔玛会帮你拿着
Wilma will hold it for you.
不 谢谢
No, thanks.
如果你不介意 我想出去走走
If you don’t mind, I think I’ll go out and walk around a bit.
侯默在哪儿
Where’s Homer?
他出去了
He went out.
到家了 孩子们
It’s home, boys, home
到家了 我们应该回的家
Home, we ought to be
家 孩子们 家 回到上帝的国家
Home, boys, home Back in God’s country
来杯咖啡吗 就是那儿 司机 停在这儿
Pick Up Cafe. There it is, driver. Stop right here.
艾尔 说真的
Listen, Al, all kidding aside.
你不认为现在是时候回家 上♥床♥睡觉吗
Don’t you think it’s time to get some sleep?
当然 睡觉
Absolutely. Sleep.
但我们 首先要停下来喝最后一小杯酒
But first we’ve gotta stop and have one last little drink.
不许讨价还价 一杯
And that’s all you’re gonna get. No arguments. One drink.
进来吧 司机 跟我们喝一杯
Come on in, driver, and have one with us.
嘿 侯默
Hey, Homer.
很高兴看到你 孩子
Oh, it’s good to see you, kid.
你朋友告诉我说你回家了
Gee. Your friendly captain told me you were home,
但我没想到你会
but I didn’t expect you…
你好 上尉
Hi, captain!
你好 侯默 我的老同船 坐下
Hey, Homer, my old shipmate. Heh, how are you kid? Sit down.
那么你接受我的建议来到布彻店
So you took my advice?
-是的 -来吧 我们来喝一杯
-Yeah. -Come on, let’s have a drink.
-你好 侯默 -你好 史蒂夫
-Hello, Homer. -Hi, Steve.
我很高兴看到你又回到了家
Boy, am I happy to see you back home again.
继续 摇吧 伙计 它不会咬你
Go ahead, shake, pal. It won’t bite you.
-你想喝什么 -我想喝什么
-What’ll you have? -What’ll I have?
我一直梦想听到那个问题
How many times have I dreamed of hearing that question?
在我加入海军前
Before I went in the Navy,
布彻从不让我喝白酒
Butch would never let me drink any liquor.
他经常跟我讲喝酒的坏处
He used to read me lectures on the curse of drink.
但现在不同了 我是一名老兵了
But it’s different now. I’m a veteran.
给我一杯威士忌 史蒂夫 纯的
Give me a whiskey, Steve. Straight.
怎么样 布彻
How about it, Butch?
给水兵拿瓶啤酒
Draw a beer for the Navy.
-布彻 我点了威士忌 -啤酒
-Butch, I ordered whiskey. -Been
啤酒
Been
我要把我的生意搬到
I’m gonna take my trade to some other joint
一个没有亲戚的路口去
where I don’t have relatives.
你在这儿干什么
Say, what are you doing here, anyway?
你为什么不回家跟家人在一起
Why aren’t you home with the folks?
嗯 他们 他们睡觉了 我睡不着
Well, they went to bed and I wasn’t sleepy…
所以我想 “为什么不过来看看布彻呢”
…so I thought, “Why not come down and see Butch?”
很高兴你来了 侯默
Glad you did, Homer.
嗯 这是敬你的 布彻
Well, here’s to you, Butch.
我♥干♥的怎么样
How am I doing?
-孩子 你干的很棒 -谢谢
-Kid, you’re doing great. -Thanks.
你和艾尔在哪儿分手的
Say, Fred, where did you leave Al?
艾尔的家在城里最漂亮的公♥寓♥里
Oh, Al. He’s home in the swankiest apartment house in town.
我们再也见不到他了
We’ll never see him again.
嘿 这是我们到过的最好的地方
Say, this is the best place we’ve been yet.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!