他很有趣 他还很有钱
He’s got a lot of dough too.
他的家族拥有这城市的一半
His family owns half the city, practically.
他非常渴望能得到你
Certainly has a terrific yen for you, Peggy.
我不想插手你们的事情
I don’t wanna butt into your personal affairs…
但如果你愿意接受我的建议
…but if you’ll take my advice, dear,
你应该抓住伍迪
you’ll grab Woody, but quick.
伍迪和我是好朋友 但没有恋爱
Woody and I are good friends, but there’s no romance there.
别管恋爱那部分 它会自己照顾自己
Never mind the romantic part. That takes care of itself.
我说的是经验
And I’m speaking from experience.
他们会告诉你金钱不是万能的
They’ll tell you money isn’t everything.
也许它不是 但是 孩子 没有它是万万不能的
Well, maybe it isn’t, but, boy, how it helps.
当弗莱德不在的时候
Do you know that while Fred was away,
我每个月能拿到500多美元
I was drawing over $500 a month?
我是说 从他的军队津贴和我的工作
I mean, from his Army pay and the job I had.
现在我们两个人必须靠弗莱德
Now the two of us gotta live on what Fred gets…
从药店里挣的钱生活 一周32 50
…from being a drugstore cowboy. Thirty-two fifty a week.
可怜的弗莱德 你一定认为他是一个讨人厌的家伙
Poor Fred. I guess you think he’s an awful sourpuss.
但他以前不是那样的
He didn’t used to be that way, though.
军队对他产生了可怕的影响
Army’s had an awful effect on him.
完全打乱了他的生活
Knocked all the life out of him.
弗莱德不再对那个药店的工作满意
Fred isn’t going to be satisfied with that job at the drugstore.
-他要得到更好的东西 -是的
-He’ll get something better. -Oh, sure.
也许五年后 他能挣50美元
Maybe in five years he’ll be drawing down 40 or 50 bucks.
你不能靠那点钱有一个幸福的婚姻
You can’t have happy marriages on that kind of dough.
你知道 佩吉 你很可爱
You know, Peggy, you’re cute.
但你可以再多化点妆
But if you don’t mind a personal suggestion, you could use more makeup.
给自己做个好一点的发型
And I think you could get yourself a better hairdo.
我会把我的发型师的名字告诉你
I’ll give you the name of my hairdresser.
哦 但你没什么可担心的
Oh, but you’ve got nothing to worry about.
你会和伍迪一起快乐地生活 一切都安排好了
You’ll get Woody and live happily ever after. It’s in the bag.
谢谢
Thank you.
好 所有人靠近一些 把胳膊搭起来
Now, everybody get in close together, we’re all palsy-walsy…
来吧 弗莱德 我不介意
…put our arms around each other. Come on, Fred. I don’t mind.
哦 等等 我会告诉你们开始
Ooh, wait a minute, I’ll tell you when.
所有人 快乐 我们全都开始说话
Everybody, happy. Let’s all be talking.
多么精彩的聚会啊 我们一定要再做一次
What a marvelous party. We’ll have to do this again, right away.
好的 拍照
Okay, shoot the picture!
我们想洗四张 亲爱的
We want four copies, honey.
弥尔顿先生表演的 像是对你的演说非常热情
Mr. Milton certainly acted enthusiastic about your speech.
是的 当然 他就是那么表演的 老伪君子
Yeah, sure, that’s how he acted, the old hypocrite.
也许他会明天早上把你解雇
Suppose he’ll fire you in the morning?
不 他不会做任何激烈的事情
No, he’ll never do anything as impetuous as that.
他会支持我
He’ll back me up wholeheartedly…
直到下一次 我再给一个小人物放贷
…till the next time I give a loan to some little guy.
那样我就又得来一次斗争
Then I’ll have to fight it out all over again.
-谁 -是我 佩吉
-Yes? -It’s me, Peggy.
哦 进来 亲爱的
Oh, come in, darling.
-你们玩的好吗 -不太好
-Did you have a good time? -Not very.
啊 这都是什么 儿童时光
Ah. What’s all this? Children’s hour?
对不起
I beg your pardon.
嗯 她长什么样
Well, what’s she like?
我很高兴我和他们出去了
I’m glad I went out with them.
尽管那是一次不愉快的经历
Even though it was a pretty disagreeable experience.
那需要勇气 亲爱的 但你有足够的
It took guts, honey, which you got plenty.
我需要勇气
I’ll need them.
-我已经决定了 -好女孩
-I’ve made up my mind. -Good girl.
干什么
To do what?
我要拆散他们的婚姻
I’m going to break that marriage up.
我不能忍♥受看着弗莱德
I can’t stand it seeing Fred
和一个他不爱的女人绑在一起
tied to a woman he doesn’t love.
而她也不爱他
And who doesn’t love him.
那对他太糟糕 那是一个羞辱
Oh, it’s horrible for him. It’s humiliating
那会毁掉他的精神
and it’s killing his spirit.
必须有人来帮助他
Somebody’s got to help him.
-你确定他不爱她 -我当然确定
-Are you sure he doesn’t love her? -Of course I am.
他告诉你了吗
Did he tell you?
-她呢 -没有
-Did she? -No.
你就这样得出一个结论
So you just jumped to conclusions.
他不爱她 他恨她 我知道 我知道
He doesn’t love her, he hates her. I know it. I know it.
你是谁 我的天啊
Who are you? God?
谁给你的权力来干涉别人的生活
How did you get this power to interfere in other people’s lives?
弗莱德爱你吗
Is Fred in love with you?
是的
Yes.
-你已经见到他了 -只有一次 今天
-You’ve been seeing him? -Only once. Today.
哦 那完全是得体的
Oh, it was all perfectly respectable.
但当我们道别的时候 他
But when we were saying goodbye…
他把我搂在怀里吻了我
…he took me in his arms and kissed me…
所以我知道
…and I knew.
你以为一个像弗莱德那样油滑的人 的吻
And you think a kiss from a smooth operator like Fred…
能说明什么吗
…you think that means anything?
你不了解他
You don’t know him.
你完全不了解他的内心
You don’t know anything about what’s inside him.
他的妻子也不了解
Neither does she. His wife.
也许她就是那么想的
That’s probably what she thought when she married him.
一个兜里有点钱的花♥花♥公♥子♥
A smooth operator with money in his pockets.
但他现在没钱了 她就失去了兴趣
But now he isn’t smooth any longer, and she’s lost interest in him.
不管你们拥有什么样的 因年龄而有的智慧
Whereas you’re possessed of all the wisdom of the ages.
你们都能看到他灵魂深处的秘密
You can see into the secret recesses of his innermost soul.
我能看到是因为我爱他
I can see because I love him.
那么你要破坏他的婚姻
So you’re gonna break this marriage up.
你决定怎么做了吗
Have you decided yet how you’re gonna do it?
你要拿把斧子做
You gonna do it with an ax?
我要怎么做不关你的事
It’s none of your business how I’m going to do it.
你忘了爱情中的人会怎么样
You’ve forgotten what it’s like to be in love.
听到了吗
You hear that, Milly?
我是那么年老无用
I’m so old and decrepit,
我已经忘了想要一个人的时候是什么样子
I’ve forgotten how it feels to want somebody desperately.
佩吉不是那个意思 是吗 亲爱的
Peggy didn’t mean that. Did you, darling?
不是
No.
我不知道我到底想怎么样
I don’t know what I do mean.
只是你们的一切都那么完美
It’s just that everything has always been so perfect for you.
你们彼此相爱 在一个大教堂里结婚
You loved each other and you got married in a big church…
在法国南部渡蜜月
…and you had a honeymoon in the south of France.
你们从没有过任何烦恼
And you never had any trouble of any kind.
所以你们怎么可能理解
So how can you possibly understand how it is
弗莱德和我之间的事情
with Fred and me?
我们从来没有任何烦恼
We never had any trouble.
多少次我告诉你我恨你
How many times have I told you I hated you
而且发自内心地相信
and believed it in my heart?
多少次你说你对我感到厌倦
How many times have you said you were sick and tired of me…
我们都感到精疲力尽
…that we were all washed up?
多少次我们又重归于好
How many times have we had to fall in love all over again?
-对不起 妈妈 -别把那个放在心上 亲爱的
-I’m sorry, Mom. -Oh, never mind about that, darling.
-弗莱德 -你好 布彻
-Fred. -Hi, Butch.
-你好 弗莱德 -艾尔在吗
-Hello, Fred. -Al here?
-他回来了 在等你 -晚点见
-Yeah, he’s back there waiting for you. -See you later.
-你好 艾尔 -坐下 弗莱德
-Hi, Al. -Sit down, Fred.
-你在喝什么 -一杯咖啡
-What are you drinking? -A cup of coffee.
需要一个清醒的头脑
Gotta have a clear head for soda jerking.
-一杯咖啡 波旁酒和苏打 -是 先生
-A cup of coffee and a bourbon and soda. -Yes, sir.
你在想什么 艾尔
Well, what’s on your mind, Al?
想借点钱还是什么
Wanna borrow some money or something?
我 嗯 叫你来问你一个问题
I, uh… called you to ask you a question.
好的 说吧
Okay. Shoot.
你和佩吉在谈恋爱吗
Are you in love with Peggy?
法律规定我必须回答吗
Is there any law compelling me to answer that one?
没有
No.
然而 我还是要重复 你和佩吉在谈恋爱吗
Nevertheless, I repeat. Are you in love with Peggy?
是的
Yes.
-我很感谢你简短而诚实的回答 -没关系
-I thank you for a short and honest answer. -You’re welcome.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!